Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
Received my newest addition to my vaping family today. A big surprise!! Didn't expect my unit until Friday or so. 420 added a couple extras and a extra short cobalt stem. I am charging up the batteries and will be experimenting a little later. 420edc.com has speedy service, thank you @cannabis.pro

Ordered over the weekend and got it today!!
I ordered from there yesterday and it shipped today! Did you recieve an older unit? If so let me know how it works, im very eager to get mine.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
sick little puppy

Ahhh Kero ;)

teddy-baden-sick-pup.jpg

:peace:

Vape Dr.

Awesome work @Vape Dr. Is that just phase one torching or did you apply your stain also?

I really dig that aggressive popping grain! Looks almost like real bark!

Really glad to hear @Vitolo is on board and excited to hear your first impressions @CarolKing!

@Philreal187 Thanks my man.:tup:

It is not stained yet, I am making a few different stains now for it.

After the scorching I'm not sure what color or direction I'm going.
Originally I was going for a greyish/blue 100 year old fence out in the sun all day look.

I'll see when it's done. I'm getting other ideas now too!:D

ZC

tumblr_oe91lc643B1qb9a09o1_400.jpg

This is how I'm packing my @Alan glass&wood tubes. It's the double-screened "puck" method, but upside down. This allows the load to be as close to the heater as possible and gives a completely unnecessary but super clean look. I love it.

tumblr_oe91lc643B1qb9a09o2_1280.jpg

Milaana, @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd glass, and @Alan stems. Some of my favorite ways to vape.

I've pretty much retired all my other dry stems. The only other stem I use for water is the 14mm m2m and reducer. Someone asked me to take a pic of that, I'll get that in a bit.

b0

Cloudy...
So I think I'm getting there with my technique. Smooth vapor, amazing flavor, vapor not as hot as the beginning and I only stir a couple of times per bowl.

What has me worried is the reports of 3 to 8 bowls per charge. With my batteries (even the new ones) I usually get one big bowl or a max of 3 small ones, is that normal or could my unit be faulty? Is there anything I could check to know if it's faulty? Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the performance, a big bowl is like 2 elb's in my EVO and I get a lot of hits from it! But seeing people having so many sessions per battery had me doubting about my unit...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So I think I'm getting there with my technique. Smooth vapor, amazing flavor, vapor not as hot as the beginning and I only stir a couple of times per bowl.

What has me worried is the reports of 3 to 8 bowls per charge. With my batteries (even the new ones) I usually get one big bowl or a max of 3 small ones, is that normal or could my unit be faulty? Is there anything I could check to know if it's faulty? Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the performance, a big bowl is like 2 elb's in my EVO and I get a lot of hits from it! But seeing people having so many sessions per battery had me doubting about my unit...

I doubt that your unit is faulty. It is almost certainly your technique, which isn't faulty either, it just gives you different results from others. I'm not sure how you determine when your battery needs to be swapped, but it could be that you simply don't like waiting for the longer heat-up as they deplete. With my technique, two bowls result in the battery dropping to about 3.70 V at which point I swap. You can take the batteries a lot lower than this but I don't have the patience for the longer warm-up.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I doubt that your unit is faulty. It is almost certainly your technique, which isn't faulty either, it just gives you different results from others. I'm not sure how you determine when your battery needs to be swapped, but it could be that you simply don't like waiting for the longer heat-up as they deplete. With my technique, two bowls result in the battery dropping to about 3.70 V at which point I swap. You can take the batteries a lot lower than this but I don't have the patience for the longer warm-up.

Dont you have an older colder/slower unit though? After 2 bowls in my newer one I'd only be at like 4v or even above... Sounds like big bowls too @b0 so that makes sense, how many hits? Two ELBs worth is a lot, a full bowl for me is still only like half an elb probably, just filling the basket, so that's a big factor I expect

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
Dont you have an older colder/slower unit though? After 2 bowls in my newer one I'd only be at like 4v or even above... Sounds like big bowls too @b0 so that makes sense, how many hits? Two ELBs worth is a lot, a full bowl for me is still only like half an elb probably, just filling the basket, so that's a big factor I expect
Are all the older units cold and slow?

mnicsy999,
Reactions: ZC

AJS

Calm Consistency

If anything I would guess that it would be your battery, but could also be your bowl size. If it were your unit, the power would have to be going somewhere else I believe, and unless your unit and cooper is always hot as hell, I can't see that being a thing. ... Has anyone had any battery super depleting units yet? Not sure.

I get easily 4 bowls, but my bowl is basket style at the brim packed about 3/4, so not a ton of herb.
How long are your preheats? Mine are about 0-2 seconds

Are all the older units cold and slow?
I think pretty much most of the first rollouts were "colder" (not rly cold, just to clarify) than the ones being pumped out currently.

I'll get a pic soon and try to match you! ... I don't have sexy stems...but I'll think of something.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Yes, mine is the earliest released although it arrived via Germany and took a few weeks so others had theirs before I ever saw mine. It was tuned cool for me since @RastaBuddhaTao knew I like lower temperature vapour.

I still think the dominant influence is technique and not heater tuning. If you pack tight large loads then you will get quite different battery life than you would with small loose loads. Likewise, if you did short sessions with lungbusters you'd get radically different battery performance than you would with one or two light vapour hits every half hour.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Received my newest addition to my vaping family today. A big surprise!! Didn't expect my unit until Friday or so. 420 added a couple extras and a extra short cobalt stem. I am charging up the batteries and will be experimenting a little later. 420edc.com has speedy service, thank you @cannabis.pro

Ordered over the weekend and got it today!!

Edit
All I know is I got one with a the lifetime warranty @mnicsy999. Over the weekend they only had 3 left after I bought mine, I think.
Any questions

Vitolo

Vaporist
Made for me a few years back by @charliedontsurf , this has a screen in it, and is my new go-to tool for my Milaana.
Photoon2013-02-22at1944.jpg

I use it with my LSV also.
It has a screen on one side, that fits in like a da Buddha screen. I fill it 3/4 full and have pretty long Milaana sessions with it.
After me there were two and I know at least one other ordered since me. One left, or is it gone
Mine has a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
So both my units are working great but one is significantly hotter than the other still using the exact same battery/stem/pack/everything. I guess maybe my original is normal and new one is just extra hot?

Either way they're both working great and I'm happy to have them back. RBT was a little rough with the glass replacement though and caused some nicks/scratches in the wood on top and a nice big scratch on the battery cover :\

0DCNkF.jpg

Edit: Absolutely love the wooden stem from Alan. It matches my Milaana almost perfectly and works just as good as glass.

EuXQCD.jpg

fNNJBd.jpg

Last edited:

radiant34

So both my units are working great but one is significantly hotter than the other using the exact same battery/stem/pack/everything. I guess maybe my original is normal and new one is just extra hot?

Either way they're both working great and I'm happy to have them back. RBT was a little rough with the glass replacement though and caused some knicks/scratches in the wood on top and a nice big scratch on the battery cover :\

make rbt great again.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@6079Smith - Great photos. Thanks for posting them. Glad you are enjoying the way they work. Love how they fit log vapes, Milaanas, and also LSV.

@Bravesst - Thanks for posting photos of all the stems. Happy you like them. Has been fun making them.

@Skywalker OG - Thanks for the stem photos. Hope it works well for you.

@ZC - Nice stem photos. Glad you are enjoying them.

Recently discovered that one of the wires to the fake 18650 battery from my 10A DC converter w/ digital display had several broken strands, so I re-did the connection. What a difference it made. The Milaana heater will now glow much brighter than with a freshly charged battery. Have to be careful not to combust. Am also using a 12v 10A brick power supply.
I set the output voltage to 9. When the button is pushed, the voltage instantly drops to around 4.2 but quickly starts climbing back up to around 5 (where the heater glows bright). I start inhaling when the voltage gets to around 4.8 and am able to easily drag away all the heat that the heater can produce with a hard pull and maintain a voltage of around 4.7. The digital display provides the feedback to get precise temperature control through draw speed and initial start voltage. If the voltage starts dropping to 4.6, I slow down the draw until it is back up to around 4.7. The roast is very consistent and repeatable. The initial output voltage can be as high as 12, but only gets the heater hotter than it needs to be and risks combustion. 9 seems to be a good voltage to start for this DC converter unit. I like not having to rely on counting to know when it is time to begin drawing on the Milaana.

Was asked recently if I could make an 18mm x 14mm wooden adapter for the Milaana. Decided to give it a try. This one is made from tulip wood. The hole in the 14mm end is 3/8" for very good air flow. The 14mm end also works well for a mouthpiece if used as a shorty stem. May have to make more of them.

1814tulipwoodadapter.jpg

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

My initial thoughts it's a very nice and a solid vaporizer. I was practicing with the longer stem last night. I have been keeping track of how much vaporizing time with the one battery that I have and it seemed like around 45 min of continual use added up over last night and today. Of course a lot of variables from person to person depending on their vaporizing habits. For me that was a total of 4 bowls.

I went to sleep earlier than usual last night because after 2 bowls I was ready for bed sooner. Also in a pretty sleepy medicated state.

I'm trying out the shorter stem today.

The Milaana is just a little shorter than the Enano.

Still trying to find my sweet spot. I am working on getting my technique down. I give a couple of stirs during my session. I am giving my load a slight pack.

Edit
It's helpful having all these great suggestions from everyone. It really helps us new users on the scene. I can see it's easy to combust.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom