Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a Milaana on the way. I bought it through 420edc.com. Was reading through the thread and was concerned about harshness.

I bought a couple of extra long stems from PV after I had ordered because I think those are what I will be using the most. I had forgot to order any extra when I ordered the unit. I break glass every so often.

It's sounds like I just need to go about it a little slow in the beginning. I've had a MFLB before and ended up giving it away. It was the only on demand unregulated vaporizer I've had.

I'm taking everyone's word for the flavor. Some say that it's like a portable Enano on some levels. I would imagine I will get mine the end of the week. I keep hearing that they this unit will be hard to come by so I decided to buy. I missed any info regarding that. I see everyone had been on a waiting list at one time - need to see what I've been missing.:D

Nice Carol! Glad to see you here as well.

Regarding harshness, the long stems should help, but key to remember here is how you draw and use the trigger. If you're careful not to hold the trigger for too long at a time, heat will be more controlled with smoother lower temp vapor. Likewise since this is pure convection on demand, you will see how much your draw effects the vapor density and harshness, zero airflow resistance so you need to slowly pull the heat through the load to vaporize. With dedicated practice and reading various tips here, you should be alright, you're a pro! Oh also you may be interested to contact Alan for some wooden Milaana stems too, no concerns over breakage there. Everyone had gotten short from him so far, but I'm sure he can do long, though with proper trigger and draw technique you may even be fine with the shorties as they can allow better sensing by taste actually (another option is using hemp fiber as a filter to keep vapor smooth, like Alan likes to do). Good luck and enjoy, looking forward to your impressions!

So payday is thursday ;). I'll be ordering a Milanna from 420edc and I'm curious about how many batteries I should get? Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been answered. What is the average "bowl-per-battery" count, and how much herb per bowl? I'm not the best with battery knowledge but I have an Xtar vc2, will that charge the batteries for the milaana? Thanks in advanced!

Could depend on the exact battery, but we've discussed it here quite a few times, anywhere from 3 to 8 bowls depending on useage style, so I say 5 average. Suggest one spare or two

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@mnicsy999: 3 batteries would be a good start for most situations. Then you could add a power bank or a few extra batteries to cope with long week-ends far from the grid.

Your charger is fine, no worries here. For the batteries themselves the current recommendation is: LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC-6. Alternatively LG HE2, LG HE4, Samsung 25R, Sony VTC-5 and Sony VTC-5A. Some higher discharge cells would work too but you'll get a lower capacity in return. Beware of anything not from these 3 brands... :worms:

Then for your bowls per charge question, it's tricky. Let's say at least 3 and up to 8?

While pondering peoples praise of the 14mm stems and other reduced diameter stems I decided to experiment using a nano gong and some high temp silicone. I was careful to make sure the glass didn't hit the bottom screen, this and the silicone really reduces the conduction of heat to both the stem and joint. The stem stays fairly cool to the touch, cooler than a standard glass joint and well below the 400° this silicone is rated for. Performance is excellent, no hotspot and seemingly quicker extraction. Pretty cool, not sure if anyone has given it a go but its certainly worth a try.

cd740037cf.jpg

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I ordered 2 extra batteries myself. I wasn't sure. Can I adjust the draw with packing the cannabis? I do like just a slight resistance. I assume you can. Ive been readIng over this thread. I started in the middle and a little in the beginning from before. Ive read through probably 10 pages or so. I will be reading more before receiving my new tool.

Last edited:

ZC

Packing tight will affect draw but also make it easier to combust so take it easy if you do.

14mm or other smaller diameter solutions will add a little resistance too.

I find it kinda funny that the Mi started out as 14mm, moved to 18mm to reduce draw resistance, and now a lot of us still prefer 14mm.

I suppose it's better this way since we have the choice between the two instead if being stuck with the smaller joint.

AJS

Calm Consistency
have a Milaana on the way. I bought it through 420edc.com. Was reading through the thread and was concerned abou
:wave::wave:

With the long stem and the right technique (which really isn't difficult once you understand how it operates), the vapor is very smooth, similar to the Nano dry. The Nano flavor is hard to beat, but the Nano sits at a steady temperature when you vape. With the Milaana, you go through a full range of temperatures as the unit get to your desired temp ... Adds for a different effect. Not better, just different.

If you want a vape that feels like you're vaping through a Nano as you walk your backyard, this is the closest you'll get imo.

Tip, a slow draw means you'll need to pulse the trigger more, but in my experience, adds for a smoother vapor if you manage to keep the temp low, as the slower draw gives the vapor more time to cool off.

Shit Snacks

I ordered 2 extra batteries myself. I wasn't sure. Can I adjust the draw with packing the cannabis? I do like just a slight resistance. I assume you can. Ive been readIng over this thread. I started in the middle and a little in the beginning from before. Ive read through probably 10 pages or so. I will be reading more before receiving my new tool.

Yeah, if you suck the herbs into your bowl like a straw you will get a tighter pack that can help with draw resistance, using a medium fine grind. Then you can focus more on your slow steady draw to pull the vapor, just be stingy with the trigger using this method is all

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@cannabis.pro am interested in prices for your products on your site, especially glass/wood Mi-stems.

Awesome @stark1 we appreciate everyone's support. In the process of getting some more pictures up on the site, but pricing is all there at 420EDC

@cannabis.pro...that's what I meant (I think)
Do the slim stem with the bullet provide a better experience than the screened short stem?

@WakeAndVape Slim stem is one less screen and less resistance. I've pulled some fairly nice rips with the "Slim" once the oven gets warmed up using the medium length.

I have a Milaana on the way. I bought it through 420edc.com.

Thank you for the support! We'll get your unit out tomorrow.

So payday is thursday ;). I'll be ordering a Milanna from 420edc and I'm curious about how many batteries I should get?
Look forward to getting you a unit as well!!

2 extra batteries is a good start if you are diligent about charging and always have access to a power source. 4 extra may be better if you journey into the woods for a day or two.

I have a bunch that I keep on rotation researching what seems to work best but am still finding the Brown LGs to be my favorite. Having the whole lot with me was nice while on a camping trip in a case similar in size to a Pelican 1200.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have a Milaana on the way. I bought it through 420edc.com. Was reading through the thread and was concerned about harshness.

I bought a couple of extra long stems from PV after I had ordered because I think those are what I will be using the most. I had forgot to order any extra when I ordered the unit. I break glass every so often.

It's sounds like I just need to go about it a little slow in the beginning. I've had a MFLB before and ended up giving it away. It was the only on demand unregulated vaporizer I've had.

I'm taking everyone's word for the flavor. Some say that it's like a portable Enano on some levels. I would imagine I will get mine the end of the week. I keep hearing that they this unit will be hard to come by so I decided to buy. I missed any info regarding that. I see everyone had been on a waiting list at one time - need to see what I've been missing.:D
Welcome aboard...
Harshness can be controlled by:
1. Screen placement
2. Button release
3. Draw speed
4. Herb prep
5. Pack, tamp

Some like long stem, but for me it cuts down on feedback, which reduces harshness

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My favorite way to use Milaana (and Zion) is still through water. It allows me to take bigger hits without any harshness. I am a big hit guy.

That being said, if I am after flavor I stay cooler and on a stem. Or, using the M2M, just take 2 low temp hits and then go big and hot from the glass... :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
My favorite way to use Milaana (and Zion) is still through water. It allows me to take bigger hits without any harshness. I am a big hit guy.
I would agree...if the long stem wasn't so smooth when I want it to be. Being able to walk around the house or front yard with the longstem outweighs the fact that I can be sitting in one spot going through water. Now, if I had a nice hammer bubbler, that might be another story, as I could roam with it, but even then, I just see dry as such a simple process. I RARELY have to clean my stems. Once a month maybe? I just give a nice blow and they clear out. With a water pipe, I have to clean regularly because the smelly water stains the glassy with smelliness and yadda yadda.

Don't get me wrong, a water session knocks me upside the head, but being able to walk around with a long stem and get what I do from the Milaana is just more than I ever imagined. It truly is amazing that something like this exists now, coming from the MFLB as my starter. Very appreciative of what it offers me.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
II will be reading more before receiving my new tool.

From what I know of your vaping habits (and it's probably more than I know of any singular person besides myself) it should be pretty awesome for you. Disregard any of what you read on time count on the hit and just hold the button until you feel some warmth and depress the button and increase draw from there. I think I did myself a lot of disservice by reading earlier posts in this thread and basing my technique on early impressions.

On another, but very related note... I just had a bowl that I toked down to green dust. It wasn't brown at all, but was as extracted as I could get it (the batt was below 10% when I threw it on the charger, lowest I've ever seen one). Bowl started out pretty hefty and was just a little pile of green dust at the end.

Maybe I blew some out on a stirr or something but it seemed smaller than possible. Had me wanting to take up @WakeAndVape s offer to trade for his cooler unit.

I stubbornly stirr and re-pack so I occasionally still combust but it's totally on me pressing the limits of a bowl. I typically can anticipate it happening and appropriately face palm myself, but occasionally it still catches me by surprise and I'm disappointed.

BUt I think someone like CK who likes lower temps and has plenty of flavorful stash will take to it like water and will be one of the more ideal case studies for RBT.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@cannabis.pro thanks for the info and the answer :rockon:

@beiberhole69 not sure how you CAN'T tell the smoke is coming...vapes I have with visual feedback through the stem and that are able to combust... I probably have on all of them at leat once.

Anyway...when the flowers make the turn from high temp vaping to full out smoking, I always see the stem start to fill up with this thick yellowish smoke and I hate it!

So now my taste buds are somewhat adapted to avoid those combustion events, I would rather have an underwhelming hit, than a lung full of unexpected smoke!

As a matter of fact, I think that's the reason I don't like smoking flowers now because it feels like I failed!:bang:

I said it before though and I'll say it again: I think that people equate riding out the heat with getting a bigger hit when in reality ...it just gets your throat hot and you risk charring

Learn to ride the heatwave like surfer:peace:

natural farmer

Laana is back to Greece after a short trip to the states for glass replacement!!! :nod:

We celebrated it by breaking the 3+ week break from herb (I shouldn't but I did) with some hemp fiber which was used with iso to totally clean the inside of the long stem and which gave 3-4 nice hits that calmed me down after quite a stressful day!!!

Kudos to @RastaBuddhaTao for the quick service and the extras that he included (a few screens and a short blue stem!!!)!!! Laana came upgraded with recessed glass (although a tiny bit crooked but I don't mind much...) and new intake screen (my Laana was one of the first ones with the mesh material in the intake...) Big thanks to Ryan and his team again! Excellent service and communication!!! :tup:

Shit Snacks

From what I know of your vaping habits (and it's probably more than I know of any singular person besides myself) it should be pretty awesome for you. Disregard any of what you read on time count on the hit and just hold the button until you feel some warmth and depress the button and increase draw from there. I think I did myself a lot of disservice by reading earlier posts in this thread and basing my technique on early impressions.

On another, but very related note... I just had a bowl that I toked down to green dust. It wasn't brown at all, but was as extracted as I could get it (the batt was below 10% when I threw it on the charger, lowest I've ever seen one). Bowl started out pretty hefty and was just a little pile of green dust at the end.

Maybe I blew some out on a stirr or something but it seemed smaller than possible. Had me wanting to take up @WakeAndVape s offer to trade for his cooler unit.

I stubbornly stirr and re-pack so I occasionally still combust but it's totally on me pressing the limits of a bowl. I typically can anticipate it happening and appropriately face palm myself, but occasionally it still catches me by surprise and I'm disappointed.

BUt I think someone like CK who likes lower temps and has plenty of flavorful stash will take to it like water and will be one of the more ideal case studies for RBT.

Well said. This vape really is a flavor chasers dream, but it does have the power too.

Sometimes it extracts so well that a load can shrink up like that, especially fine grind dust (which could also get through the screen and stick to the stem walls actually). When I used to do full baskets at the edge (with a cm of glass rim) sucked up like a straw I would actually add a pinch if green to a nearly spent bowl so it would be tastier to finish since the load always shrinks as you vape it (did this in beta Zion days the most). Something you really notice with top notch convection in my experience

AJS

Calm Consistency
I think that people equate riding out the heat with getting a bigger hit
For me, it's a conservation of battery life, going for low temp hits, or just going for a different experience.

The timing of riding out the heat is important. If you're on the uprise of temperature when you let off, that is when slowly riding it out can accidentally charr ime, as the temp can continue rising, especially if mid bowl. If you are keeping the temperature steady, then you give it a tiny boost and let off before you're satisfied with your hit, you can use that little boost to slowly cool down as you get the rest of your hit while saving battery life.

Option 2 for me is for the first hit or 2, or a gradual process, when your herb is still very fresh and resinous. This is for flavor hits. I press it down and let the heat rise and rise, and once I feel the resin from the plant start building, I release the throttle and ride it out. It feels thick in the mouth, but the vapor is actually pretty minimal. Doing this repeatedly will slowly yield more and more clouds as the unit heats up, and I would slowly move over to option 1, where I keep the temp steady before I let off, as opposed to up the hill down the hill.

AhBeVapin

Mindful Member Wellness User
Hey now,

I noticed the unit hit the @PlanetVape website earlier this summer. Decided to start budgeting for the purchase. By the onset of September, I finally had the cash but it was sold out. Two Fridays ago I opened a support ticket with them, asking for timelines on restocking, no answer.
This past Friday morning it was back in stock!!
I immediately ordered the standard package from @PlanetVape on Friday (before lunch EDT) and asked PV (in the message area) to close my support ticket & ID myself as a FC member.
This morning I received the pacakage at my office.
As usual @PlanetVape, took great care of this repeat customer. Extra gifts included; an additional battery case, a short green stem with screen installed and a dankshank.

Testing starts now...

AbV out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom