Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Just a quick post for clarification:

1) I think the Apollo is a great vape and I almost bought one. I ultimately chose to delay that purchase until the maker releases a new updated version. I'm in no way trying to prevent anyone from buying another vape... most of us have severe VAS, and we have more devices than we really need. Having choices is a luxury, don't refrain yourself!

2) When I evoked the glass manufacturing tolerances, I wasn't talking about such drastic differences as we see in the internal screen location. This is something that should be addressed by the manufacturing and QC/QA processes, otherwise it will hamper accessories development. Rather I was evoking the inevitable minute variations that can make one particular GonG piece fit or be completely loose and wobbly. Even mass produced e-cig RDA parts from China (computerized process) have large tolerances (or see Ascent glass parts for instance etc)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For sure, an amazing plus especially if using with a hydrotube/water tool. I must get a hydrotube now. I remember reading about some users losing their Air or Storm to an accidental trickle from a water tool... but sounds like we don't have to worry too much about that.

But wait, If it did stop working after getting wet (by accident) would it still be under warranty?

Technically probably not, just bc water use isn't part of the specific useage instructions (maybe when RBT offers male to males some day?) but it seems service has been more than willing to work with customers for the warranty claims thus far. At the very least, it could just cost money to repair vs free under warranty, but again I think you'd be okay either way

lazylathe

Almost there...
@GTAVaper Way back on page 186 you mentioned you prefer the Sony VTC5's as your battery of choice.
Are you sticking with those batteries in the Milaana?
I have managed to find them at AceVapor in Canada. Do you know of anywhere else or any other recommendations battery wise?

This single battery life is making my perfect Milaana session a bit of a mystery as my current battery seems to drain very fast! 3 bowls and she is done, so am i... So who knows! More may be dangerous!

EDIT: I found Fasttech, they have them and free shipping. Sounds like a deal!
$11,65/battery

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Please stick to this thread, thanks.
You got it..... thanks!

@DDave
Old / / Old / New / One in Shops
I measured in 64ths of an inch (58, 60, 58) and used conversion chart to mm.
SIDE NOTE: I tend to get 3 or 4 stems out of one batt, but normally packed light (.05 to .07). That about 1/3 of a gram per batt. At about a g or less daily, I usually go through 2 or 3 batts a day if I don't swap out too early.
@WakeAndVape here ya go
0BZ8fa5.jpg
This is most perplexing! Much Appreciated too! Your kit pieces fit, yet oven depth is under 1" on all your units.

That would indicate a more narrow joint thus not allowing the stems to go in as far, I believe.... :hmm:

My "Millie" is an early "post production break" model with semirecessed glass, only a few burn marks, white epoxy, and a slight "leaning Tower of Pisa" effect to her stems. She measures out at 15/16". Hope that helps...
Thanks! Seems the earlier models were more shallow.

I recently received my backup Mi which is a newer version with a faster heater and a flush female joint. I noticed that the screen is deeper in the Mi and the Mi itself is bigger. This is most noticeable around the battery hole where there is more wood than before. I am still in the process of figuring out which Mi will be the daily driver and which will be the backup.

The older Mi measures at 15/16" and the newer Mi measures at 1 1/8". The newer one can accommodate certain adapters that the old one couldn't. I hope this helps.
Thanks!

This is good news indeed if the newer units are approx 1 1/8".... I can keep the kits far more reasonably priced if this remains true.

Still awaiting RBT comment on specs...

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
not sure how you get soooo many stems from a single battery?!?!
I don't know! My old unit didn't get that battery life, but this one definitely does.
I'm sure I load more herb than you though. I do a basket filled 1/2-3/4 full...and sometimes even less than that, with just enough herb to cover the screen. Rarely a full basket.

As I've gotten my usage down, I no longer feel the need to get as medicated, because low doses seem to last me much longer now with much better overall effects.

With that being said, I just did a full basket through the bubbler, which I haven't done in a while, without having vaped all day. My face feels...well, it feels. It's quite intense and I didn't realize I would get even half this stoned. I ain't complaining, it was a very accomplished day for me today and I feel rewarded, but this is quite intoxicating.

GTAVaper

@GTAVaper Way back on page 186 you mentioned you prefer the Sony VTC5's as your battery of choice.
Are you sticking with those batteries in the Milaana?
I have managed to find them at AceVapor in Canada. Do you know of anywhere else or any other recommendations battery wise?

This single battery life is making my perfect Milaana session a bit of a mystery as my current battery seems to drain very fast! 3 bowls and she is done, so am i... So who knows! More may be dangerous!

EDIT: I found Fasttech, they have them and free shipping. Sounds like a deal!
$11,65/battery

I got mine at IMRBatteries.com and the price was great but I got a bad surprise on this end. Don't ever choose FedEx ground as a shipping method. They send it to you and don't tell you if there are any charges when you accept the delivery.....but then bill you an obscene amount a couple weeks later.....would have been cheaper to go with the Air/Express which already had all costs built in but was also far more expensive.

But if you're in the US ......then all is good.

I will use all the batteries that I currently have for the Milaana......but the Sony VTC5's are my favourite.....I think they hold the most stable response for the longest time.....although the much smaller capacity LG HB4's are hotter for the first couple of bowls.

But if you have some kind of weird battery drain going on with your unit then it would last even less time because of the 1600mAh? vs 2500/2600 mAh......can't remember exact numbers now but those are close.

Hope that helps!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I got mine at IMRBatteries.com and the price was great but I got a bad surprise on this end. Don't ever choose FedEx ground as a shipping method. They send it to you and don't tell you if there are any charges when you accept the delivery.....but then bill you an obscene amount a couple weeks later.....would have been cheaper to go with the Air/Express which already had all costs built in but was also far more expensive.

But if you're in the US ......then all is good.

I will use all the batteries that I currently have for the Milaana......but the Sony VTC5's are my favourite.....I think they hold the most stable response for the longest time.....although the much smaller capacity LG HB4's are hotter for the first couple of bowls.

But if you have some kind of weird battery drain going on with your unit then it would last even less time because of the 1600mAh? vs 2500/2600 mAh......can't remember exact numbers now but those are close.

Hope that helps!
My local ecig vape shop has the Sony's... I just purchased an ejuice vape and have been using some very nice CBD OIL (no nicotine). PM me if you'd like to know the brand. This is a very cool device that uses those same batts (paired). I love this for out and about, gonna stop there and get some Sonys for Mi. Tx!!!

lazylathe

Almost there...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Is the reliability of Milaana currently good enough for someone outside the USA to have confidence in buying one?

Remember shipping and customs can be a bear.
Buy 2, u won't be sorry...

I've just been talked off the ledge of another VAS purchase. The kind sir is a.milaana owner , as well as vape in question. He warned against dissapointment because of mi. Saved me time and money. TX!!!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Is the reliability of Milaana currently good enough for someone outside the USA to have confidence in buying one?

Remember shipping and customs can be a bear.
Im outside the US, and plan to get a second Mi as soon as RBT introduces Walnut or exotic woods.

My first has performed flawlessly, and it's such a simple device that I consider it a very good bet for international purchase.
Go for it :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey guys...

RBT has asked me to start selling Milaana's on a limited basis and I am happy to oblige! As you guys know, I have been beta testing his units since the beginning and I think highly of their performance and what they bring to the market. I use mine regularly and have nothing like it.

What I intend to provide for those buying from me is a pre-qualification, first and foremost. I want to make sure this is the vape for you before you get one. After that I can help with technique and the like, as well as help out with communicating with RBT should you have problems with warranty service, etc.

My prices will be the same as RBT's, right down to the shipping. So if you already know you want the Milaana and have no intention of using me for guidance, buy straight from RBT and help them succeed by giving them all the funds!

I am available via private message for questions.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@nondarb: when they say "authentic" it has always been true for me. Otherwise they exclude the word or sometimes use the word "styled" to indicate clones. The VTC5 they sell has tons of positive reviews and I believe they are the real deal.

Meanwhile I'm giving the Samsung 30Q a go (SKU 3935802 on FT) as it's apparently under-rated and could compare positively to the LG HG2. I'll report later on... at least it's a nicer color than that awful brown... :p

GTAVaper

@Bravesst

I think that the VTC4's are the same colour ....so be careful that they give you the right cells.

As you primarily use the Milaana as your vape of choice you are likely to notice any differences sooner than most.....so I would welcome your feedback on these batteries compared to the others you use.

I did post earlier a comparison of voltage levels after each bowl.

I would post the link but I am on mobile....which is very unfriendly for typing and cut & paste operations.

@KeroZen

I have heard that the 30Q's are comparable to the HG2's in tests.....so it would be interesting how they compared in real life usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

waxdab23

Tracking shows my Milaana arrives on Saturday, woohoo!

I already have some LG HG2 and Sony VTC4's, but was looking at buying some additional batteries and found these at my go-to source for batteries and chargers:

http://www.rtdvapor.com/new-aw-imr-18650-3-7v-3000mah-flat-top/

Anyone using them with their Milaana? I'm not sure what flat top means.

The specs are very similar to the LG HG2's http://www.rtdvapor.com/lg-18650hg2-3000mah-20a/, but the AW's are almost double the price. I wonder what that price jump buys you, if anything.

Let me know what guys think.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
AFAIK those are B-grades re-wrapped and sold at a higher price than the real deal. Stick to LG/Samsung/Sony/Sanyo*/Panasonic*, anything else is at best equal to but more likely inferior compared to the originals.

Brands with * currently have no cells matching our requirements, I'm listing them for completeness.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm sure I load more herb than you though
Oops, meant less. I'm sure most of you figured it out but still wanted to clarify for those I may have left confused with the weird contradiction.

Good job to those of you who are asking about batteries. Safety is 100% the most important thing when using any product.

Had a great, fast, low temp sesh today on the go, really enjoyed it. Even with the short stem I kept the harshness down to a pleasant, soothing warmth. Fast extraction can even come on those low ends! Once the unit is warm after a hit or two, it really only needs a second or two to be at a nice temp to coast at.

I still need to pull slow to keep the harshness down, but that's the technique i recommend anyway, but sometimes I wish after a long preheat that I could pull really hard and really nuke myself. At that point it's overkill, but I like to be suited for any experience I want. That's the biggest reason I got rid of my Nano, but I miss it and will have a beautiful exotic on my desk one day (because it is the most consistent vape ive experienced). Just wait! But for now, Milaana does pretty much everything that all my vapes have done in one wooden box, with the exception of the consistency of other vapes and the slight nuances that every vape produces, such as the tapping of the flight box, circular flame of th Lotus, or the counting of the Vapman. The consistency issue is like shooting three pointers vs having a machine shoot one for you. It's great that a machine will do it for you, but if you're steph curry it makes no difference. More like a tennis racquet for me ... I suck at basketball but will never miss a tennis shot, just like how I'm pretty talented with Mina ;). But besides the small nuances, the Milaana sips or rips (RIIIPS), instant hits or seshes, good by yourself or among groups (who are as trained as you are), doesn't overheat or get overwhelmed by excessive hits, keeps up with SOME of the heavy hitters (y'all know, some can't be beat), has awesome ergonomics and airflow, hides in plain sight and is easy on the eyes, and, yes, the flavor is quite mouthwatering.

I mean, in the end, it's just a well designed convection vaporizer that utilizes a strong heater and high airflow. But when you say it like that, you don't really get the full gist of what it's really about!

PS. Don't think I'm trying to diss the nano, it just didn't fit my portability or high airflow wants!

I'm hoping Zion brings me that consistency I crave.

I came here to make a correction in my post and ended up writing all this ... Milaana got me good.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
After receiving feedback and data from a few Mil owners, I find there are differences in internal screen positioning.

Easy way to measure this? Grab a toothpick and drop it in the oven. Either lay the vape sideways or maneuver the toothpick so it sits against the side of the Mil internal glass, then mark the toothpick from the rim of the glass. Remove toothpick and measure the marked toothpick.

My internal screen is 1 1/8" from rim of heater glass. All reducers, wands, and basket screens that I have fit without issue. So, once I get stock replenishment and repost a listing on eBay, I think I will put this measurement in as "mandatory specs" of one's Milaana if they wish to use the kit.

I'd love to get data on newer unit's screen depth! Or if @RastaBuddhaTao could chime in with current specification of screen depth, that would be even better!

Question to Mods: Would it be ok to start a thread on this specific topic "Milaana Internal Screen Depth" or to poll within this thread?

I received a Mi from the first batch of international orders, so a half recessed female joint (no air intake cover). White glue on female joint.

My screen depth is a shade over 23mm or a smidgen less than 15/16 of an inch. Hope that helps. Will you be sending kits international? I may jump on the next round if postage costs are doable.

My Milaana is still performing flawlessly. No issues at all. Love it.

Short or long stem are both great, but i prefer the long stem if i have the choice.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Oops, meant less. I'm sure most of you figured it out but still wanted to clarify for those I may have left confused with the weird contradiction.

Good job to those of you who are asking about batteries. Safety is 100% the most important thing when using any product.

Had a great, fast, low temp sesh today on the go, really enjoyed it. Even with the short stem I kept the harshness down to a pleasant, soothing warmth. Fast extraction can even come on those low ends! Once the unit is warm after a hit or two, it really only needs a second or two to be at a nice temp to coast at.

I still need to pull slow to keep the harshness down, but that's the technique i recommend anyway, but sometimes I wish after a long preheat that I could pull really hard and really nuke myself. At that point it's overkill, but I like to be suited for any experience I want. That's the biggest reason I got rid of my Nano, but I miss it and will have a beautiful exotic on my desk one day (because it is the most consistent vape ive experienced). Just wait! But for now, Milaana does pretty much everything that all my vapes have done in one wooden box, with the exception of the consistency of other vapes and the slight nuances that every vape produces, such as the tapping of the flight box, circular flame of th Lotus, or the counting of the Vapman. The consistency issue is like shooting three pointers vs having a machine shoot one for you. It's great that a machine will do it for you, but if you're steph curry it makes no difference. More like a tennis racquet for me ... I suck at basketball but will never miss a tennis shot, just like how I'm pretty talented with Mina ;). But besides the small nuances, the Milaana sips or rips (RIIIPS), instant hits or seshes, good by yourself or among groups (who are as trained as you are), doesn't overheat or get overwhelmed by excessive hits, keeps up with SOME of the heavy hitters (y'all know, some can't be beat), has awesome ergonomics and airflow, hides in plain sight and is easy on the eyes, and, yes, the flavor is quite mouthwatering.

I mean, in the end, it's just a well designed convection vaporizer that utilizes a strong heater and high airflow. But when you say it like that, you don't really get the full gist of what it's really about!

PS. Don't think I'm trying to diss the nano, it just didn't fit my portability or high airflow wants!

I'm hoping Zion brings me that consistency I crave.

I came here to make a correction in my post and ended up writing all this ... Milaana got me good.
That was quite the comprehensive comment that I couldn't agree with more.

Sip or rip, but it takes lots of talent to get it right. I usually get it 99%, but sometimes miss, maybe Zion will fix this, but I still love the size of Mi.

murf2010

I want a Zion but have a hard time thinking I'll use it over the Mi! Or that I'll need it. mi is hands down everything I need in a vape. However...I love that The Zion has everything on it including the storage compartment. Makes it super tempting for me. Being an everyday all day patient My mi on demand is just unbelievable. Smashes my old ff2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom