Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbivore21

If you clear after letting off the button (not holding too long at a time, using residual heat --- also good or keeping hits cool btw) as it says in instructions (I believe) then this is not an issue.

We're no offended or defending, just clarifying for you if these are your concerns, like accessories, all latest Milaanas should be identical (seems like early units are where the inconsistencies with DDave's mods come from)
:2c::peace:
Oh for sure man, and I suspected especially in the ddave mod section that this may not be an issue for all - as you describe it seems like this isn't a worry for newer models :)

As for clearing after hits, I typically do this with convection vapes, but I am not going to rely on this, especially when others may use my vape. Wooden sections just cannot be cleaned adequately once build-up happens - hence, I won't take the chance. Many of you do not have the same concerns (full melt is very messy and most if not all of you guys aren't using this) and that is entirely reasonable!

My concerns surrounding the heat around the glass remain for my scenario. Even medium sized bowls of full melt in convection vapes are usually a 10-20 long (almost eternal) whitewall rips at very high temps affair (higher temps than we'd use for a dab in the same vape - full melt needs to melt before vaporizing and a little more help seems to encourage this). This means I'll be pushing the milaana harder than others will be and so I require additionally robust design. Just because a vape doesn't meet my exact needs does not mean it is not useful for many others! :)

I am not going to get into any more discussion with now multiple milaana lovers as it will be exhausting for me (I have medical conditions and this is no reflection on you guys!) about these points. My needs are stated. They are not currently met. I'll not distract this thread any further :) Hope you guys all enjoy your milaana's though and hope even more that someday one will come out that ticks the boxes for me!

Cheers

Last edited:

ZC

I'm not super worried about the glue safety-wise, but I could see how you would be with concentrates like you describe.

For me, the non-glue solution is mostly for user-experience.
It's glass. It's going to break at some point. Especially since its a portable. And when it does, I want to be able to just buy glass and replace it myself, not send the vape back to RBT and wait days or weeks to get it back. I want to be able to have a spare female glass joint ready so when it does break I'm back up and running in minutes.

It's really all the same reasons you want a user-replaceable battery, except the glass is more likely to go out than the battery.

GTAVaper

@ZC

I am really looking forward to reading your plug-in mod "how to" and parts list as this would truly turn the Milaana into a mini-Zion since the power would be completely consistent (i.e., regulated) at whatever voltage you want to set it at.

That is the beauty of the Milaana for me.....it definitely doesn't perform as well as my modded Apollo in vapour quality or output, and is nowhere near the performance of a Supreme.

But if it is just me vaping (and I don't have to run multiple loads for a group) which is the usual case, then the convenience outweighs the difference in vapour quality.....especially when you are already vaped and just want a little pick me up to adjust your level.

Instead of waiting for a 3 min warmup, for the Apollo or a minute on the torch with the Supreme - I can get results in about 15 seconds.

But if I want the best possible vapour possible I reach for the Supreme, and if I am just starting my evening - my Apollo will perform much more consistently and is less prone to scorching......and if I have my Underdog on and heated up to temperature.....then nothing else does a 0.05g load so well as the UD does with one of the regular sized stainless steel tip NonG's.

There are three vapes right there that will perform better than the Milaana in different circumstances......and I also have a Sticky Brick on the way now that I am sure will be amazing too and there are my incoming Grasshoppers (currently being assessed by Canadian customs) that I'm sure will be awesome one-hitters through water.....even though the Milaana seems to beat it out for direct draw usage from what I've been reading.

So while I really like the Milaana, I wouldn't call it "be all, end all" vape that some others are making it out to be.....especially with the other awesome vapes that I own. But I do understand their enthusiasm for it - since I really like it a lot myself.

While not a "be all, end all" vape for me .....it is a vape that holds a very respected spot in my line up and with @ZC's new plug-in mod, I am sure that it will do what it does well.....even better.

Although, I did try one thing differently last night that seemed to improve performance and that was to use the stem screen in the stock orientation (not basket style) and found that the material was much more evenly vaped with less center scorching of the material. I will try it this way again tonight and see if that initial observation holds true.

One last thing, at first I thought the little bamboo skewer was a bit of a cheapening of the Zion stick.

But after using it for a while, I can say that it sure works well to loosen and stir a load without making too much of a mess like a larger diameter tool would.

All you have to do is poke a few places and the load breaks up so that you can move it around and re-tamp with a larger sized diameter dowel. It works very well for me that way.

Edit:
The way that I am enjoying my Milaana is through a claisen adapter on top of my DHGate Mobius Stereo Matrix clone. It is perched on the arm that curves away from the straight portion so that I can visibly watch the vapour flow VERY easily which makes using it through water very nice.

Then with the other flow path plugged with a stopper, I don't even have to pull the Milaana off the adapter to clear - I just pull the plug, and all is good :tup: I highly recommend using a claisen adapter when using the Milaana through water.

2nd Edit:
Although I believe all my prior observations to be fair, I also don't want to come off too critical in this post because I really do love the Milaana.

Although I can't say that it is the best vape on the market.....that is simply because there are some very nice alternatives in the now matured vape market....and I also like to mix it up with different vaping tools to enjoy the strengths that each have to offer.

But I would say that with the new @ZC mod, that if using solely as a personal vape and you are willing to learn how to use it....that it is a vape that ranks among the best that the market has to offer right now. I could also see many people being happy to make this their main daily driver if they chose to.

But I like variety.....you know, that "spice of life" thing and all that

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@ZC: I understand your point of view, but don't forget that you like to DIY. What looks easy for you might be complicated for normal human beings! :p

I'm saying that because it requires some care to plug the female GonG into the glass tube while keeping the screen perfectly in place. Then the heater must be inserted into that assembly without folding too much and above all without creating partial shorts etc.

So imagine if there was say just two screws to remove the female GonG, how would that go for RBT and their warranty / CS? People would try to fix their glass, screw their heater in the process, then finally send the whole thing for service! heh!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
You have a Zion on order, yes? :) Same tech, more battery, settable power level.

I think you might like it.... :rockon:
Yes, yes , and yes on Zion.

@herbivore21

1. SS/glass airpath tubes set in the GLASS (with the goal of having no wood in vapor path for claim to build up on!!!). Similar to design of the e-nano, which was a predominately wooden vaporizer but which has no wooden section for reclaim to soak into and get all funky. I use very, very melty concentrates and cannot risk a portable vape that stinks due to wood that has ended up full of resin. My vapman got disgusting like this over time!

Re the above. The air path is all wood. The glass 18mm f is a tube that the heater slips into, so the heater us in the glass, hence all that power goes into the load. If will conduct heat from glass to wood, but no wood in path and all reclaim is in glass stem that is removable. This is actually a better set up than Enano where there is contact with SS, NONE here except the actual basket screen in the stem. Load does not hit heater screen at all.

@ZC
Yes, I am in control of heat. My technique is pretty good (lots of practice). I feather, draw after release, pull slow, then fast at buttn release, and on and on. Still gets my throat at times. I do not want to cough, period. A spiral airpark, a hydro tube that is small and uses only a drop I water maybe.... I'd need a double male 18 to 14 to use my current air hydrotube. Might work...

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Great idea sir! There seem to be some very appealing aspects to the milaana but atm there have been a small handful of limitations that have stopped me getting on board. Here is my wishlist in order to become a Milaana owner:

1. SS/glass airpath tubes set in the wood (with the goal of having no wood in vapor path for claim to build up on!!!). Similar to design of the e-nano, which was a predominately wooden vaporizer but which has no wooden section for reclaim to soak into and get all funky. I use very, very melty concentrates and cannot risk a portable vape that stinks due to wood that has ended up full of resin. My vapman got disgusting like this over time!

2. Consistent tolerances/sizes/shapes of all components on future milaana units to allow for accessories to be made that reliably work with each unit from this point onwards (I got the impression that DDave had trouble making his mods for this unit since different units have different sized components and this has made adapting a mod to all milaana units difficult). If I've misunderstood some aspect of this situation rendering this point moot - please ignore this one.

3. Glue-less design. Could use an SS retaining nut instead that could hold a screen in place (and also perhaps an SS airpath in place to address point #1)! ;)

These are definitely not vape/manufacturer bashing btw. There are just certain needs in a vape that I do not compromise on. These are the things that would make a milaana something I'd buy right away!

Hi Herby,
FWIW, my understanding is as follows:
There is simply no way (under normal herb or concentrate usage) for reclaim to build up anywhere except in the glass stem.
The load is in the stem, hot air leaves the heater and only produces vapor, and therefore claim, after it has passed through the load.
The only thing vapor/claim can touch after the load is the inside of the glass stem.
So no claim can form anywhere else, period.

Even if you were to blow into the vape the air you would be blowing into the device would be from your mouth/lungs and therefore too cool to produce vapor from the load, therefore no claim is possible in this situation.
You'd simply be pushing hot air off the heater, and out he air intake without it passing through the load (again no vapor can be produced, therefore no possibility of claim).

I really believe you can rest easy regarding claim buildup.

The only possible caveat here is if a very large load of concentrate was used with minimal wick/screen material to hold it.
It would be possible for concentrate to drip down on to the heater screen in this case, but the screen is so fine that I can't imagine any concentrate making its way through to the heater.
If the heater is hot enough to melt the concentrate, then it will be hot enough to evap' any that has dripped on to the heater screen anyway.
Any convection vape used with concentrates has this 'issue' too though, it's simple to avoid.

Even this caveat is moot if the unit is used upside down.

I have ZERO claim anywhere but the inside of my stem, seriously, none at all.

Regarding #2, I do believe that there may be some small differences in manufacturing tolerances in the early units like mine, and it would be better for RBT customers if these were minimized (which they may already be, I don't know) as I agree that it would make purchase of aftermarket stems and adapters easier for us.
As long as aftermarket stems are 22mm or under though, I can't see much of a problem.

#3:
I totally understand why you would want to be sure you aren't vaping any glue by-products, but if a Milaana has been manufactured as intended (i.e. glue is located only in it's intended location) I really can't see why it would be a problem.
The presence of glue in the vapor path (as distinct to the air path) is non-existent, it only appears in a relatively cool area of the vape.
Even if you take a series of huge rips and immediately check the temperature of the female GonG you'll feel that it's surprisingly cool.
Very little heat escapes to where it's not wanted.
I don't believe that the tiny surface area of glue (which is not subjected to high heat in even the heaviest use that I have put it to) presents any real risk at all.

Cool air being pulled past a truly tiny surface area of high temp' glue doesn't worry me in the slightest, but I can understand that others might feel differently, and I can further understand the desire to eliminate glue from the design completely.
I respect that difference, but don't feel this is a deal breaker for me.

I would however happily pay a small premium to have a mechanically secured female GonG, but this would just be to make replacement of the glass easier (and to allow those with glue concerns to rest easy I suppose).

I honestly think that you'd be less concerned once you had a Milaana in hand, it really is well thought out.
In terms of material safety/taste/function it really is better than any other vape I have tried so far (except my Vapcap, which is a very different kettle of fish), and I urge you to give it a go despite your worries.
I'm not saying that other vapes that have the potential to be even healthier don't exist, but I have seen none that have the benefits that the Mi brings to the table.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or dismissive, I swear, just my :2c:
I too insist on HEALTHY ways of vaping, and I can't get enough of my Milaana :cheers:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hi Herby,
FWIW, my understanding is as follows:
There is simply no way (under normal herb or concentrate usage) for reclaim to build up anywhere except in the glass stem.
The load is in the stem, hot air leaves the heater and only produces vapor, and therefore claim, after it has passed through the load.
The only thing vapor/claim can touch after the load is the inside of the glass stem.
So no claim can form anywhere else, period.

Even if you were to blow into the vape the air you would be blowing into the device would be from your mouth/lungs and therefore too cool to produce vapor from the load, therefore no claim is possible in this situation.
You'd simply be pushing hot air off the heater, and out he air intake without it passing through the load (again no vapor can be produced, therefore no possibility of claim).

I really believe you can rest easy regarding claim buildup.

The only possible caveat here is if a very large load of concentrate was used with minimal wick/screen material to hold it.
It would be possible for concentrate to drip down on to the heater screen in this case, but the screen is so fine that I can't imagine any concentrate making its way through to the heater.
If the heater is hot enough to melt the concentrate, then it will be hot enough to evap' any that has dripped on to the heater screen anyway.
Any convection vape used with concentrates has this 'issue' too though, it's simple to avoid.

Even this caveat is moot if the unit is used upside down.

I have ZERO claim anywhere but the inside of my stem, seriously, none at all.

Regarding #2, I do believe that there may be some small differences in manufacturing tolerances in the early units like mine, and it would be better for RBT customers if these were minimized (which they may already be, I don't know) as I agree that it would make purchase of aftermarket stems and adapters easier for us.
As long as aftermarket stems are 22mm or under though, I can't see much of a problem.

#3:
I totally understand why you would want to be sure you aren't vaping any glue by-products, but if a Milaana has been manufactured as intended (i.e. glue is located only in it's intended location) I really can't see why it would be a problem.
The presence of glue in the vapor path (as distinct to the air path) is non-existent, it only appears in a relatively cool area of the vape.
Even if you take a series of huge rips and immediately check the temperature of the female GonG you'll feel that it's surprisingly cool.
Very little heat escapes to where it's not wanted.
I don't believe that the tiny surface area of glue (which is not subjected to high heat in even the heaviest use that I have put it to) presents any real risk at all.

Cool air being pulled past a truly tiny surface area of high temp' glue doesn't worry me in the slightest, but I can understand that others might feel differently, and I can further understand the desire to eliminate glue from the design completely.
I respect that difference, but don't feel this is a deal breaker for me.

I would however happily pay a small premium to have a mechanically secured female GonG, but this would just be to make replacement of the glass easier (and to allow those with glue concerns to rest easy I suppose).

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
I honestly think that you'd be less concerned once you had a Milaana in hand, it really is well thought out.
In terms of material safety/taste/function it really is better than any other vape I have tried so far (except my Vapcap, which is a very different kettle of fish), and I urge you to give it a go despite your worries.
I'm not saying that other vapes that have the potential to be even healthier don't exist, but I have seen none that have the benefits that the Mi brings to the table.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or dismissive, I swear, just my :2c:
I too insist on HEALTHY ways of vaping, and I can't get enough of my Milaana :cheers:
What he said!

Good morning Mila. No glue smell, and with that nose I don't miss anything :smug:...

After cutting this video I realized my 2 improvements are working against each other, in that the distraction of the camera hampered my ability to perfect my session - cooler with full taste and effect. It's probably why I hit a couple of cough blips now and then.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
tumblr_ob3oovQj001qb9a09o4_500.jpg

It works, and it works well. I did find that the added complexity of the circuit changed the resistance, so I actually had to up the voltage to get good results. 5v is actually perfect, coming in at just a hair more powerful than a fresh battery.

It's pulling a hair over 9A at that voltage.

The fake battery itself is pretty crude. I just cut a dowel to length and then sloppily used the bandsaw to cut a space for the cord out. Then I put a screw and finish washer in as a connector for the cord. I had to add a couple of washers to the assembly to leave room for the cord.

tumblr_ob3oovQj001qb9a09o5_250.jpg

It works, and it was super easy to make. I'm pretty happy with it. After more more testing I'm definitely going to make a version 2, with a nice fit and finish. Even going to add a proper voltage nob to the box, with a safe min and max voltage.

Edit: And as if my day wasn't great already, @Alan just sent me this picture of my two new stems!
tumblr_ob3o81oPrN1qb9a09o6_r1_250.jpg

Hola ZC and FC:
I asked @Pipes about a mod like yours... He pointed me in this direction....

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fact..._7&btsid=e26bcc97-acec-4ca7-8e6a-985220f4f3cc

and to this other FC thread too... I hope it helps everybody...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/diy-fvpa.13444/

I don't have the tools neither the space to play with soldering etc etc...
Stay vaped...

Uh, well, as regards #1, there is no place in either the Milaana or the Zion where there is wood in the vapor path. The only place air passes wood is before the air is heated. Once heated the vapor only travels through glass.

As regards #3 the only adhesive used is in holding the female joint in place, and only ambient air passes that spot, no heated air. And that adhesive is medical grade. The screen is held in place by friction, not adhesive.

Both points are factually incorrect. But I simply dont have any of the wood based concerns. I doubt much if any buildup would occur.

I still use Mi a bit, handy for out and about but simply cant hang with butane and the LSV for dedicated home use. Wish I had a newer hotter unit, maybe id feel a little differently?

People would try to fix their glass

I've posted a solution before. Security screws, there are dozens of obscure head patterns to keep most anyone out. In bulk its definitely cheaper than 2 part adhesive.

I've always found spanner type security screws aesthetically pleasing as well.

Last edited:

TheRobbo

bl.gif-1.gif

tumblr_naviuyFQru1sewiyco1_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Yes-Yes-Yes-Wrestler-Cheer-On-WWE-Gif.gif

Milaana got me gooooood.
Went through this exact sequence of emotions the othe day. Sitting on a stool in the back room for a quick couple of hits... took out the stem to check the load and didnt put Mi in my lap very well and it hit the floor... Probably only fell 1 foot but I almost cried... When I picked it up I found the battery had compressed its spring a little, but this was the only thing that happened... And it turns out the battery now fits under my guitar pick mod better and the spring still has movement so I actually improved Mil by dropping it...
DISCLAIMER!!!
YMMV! Dropping your favorite vapor accessory is highly unlikely to improve it.

Both points are factually incorrect. But I simply dont have any of the wood based concerns. I doubt much if any buildup would occur.

I still use Mi a bit, handy for out and about but simply cant hang with butane and the LSV for dedicated home use. Wish I had a newer hotter unit, maybe id feel a little differently?

I've posted a solution before. Security screws, there are dozens of obscure head patterns to keep most anyone out. In bulk its definitely cheaper than 2 part adhesive.

I've always found spanner type security screws aesthetically pleasing as well.

Please direct me to the concrete info there is wood and glue in the 'vapor' path.
There is a small exposed amount of wood under the heater wich may experience heat but with cool air passing under the edge of the glass should stay pretty cool. But after the air gets hot it is in a glass tube all the way to your lips?
I think it was you who said there was glue holding your heater screen in place... Sure I remember that being refuted... Can't remember where... Also if that screen was glued in I feel our self proclaimed materials nazi @KeroZen would have had somthing to say about it!
Dont want to disagree with your facts. I've just heard different facts

Please direct me to the concrete info there is wood and glue in the 'vapor' path.

The wood isn't isolated. Glue is in the airpath via the bottom cap, button and possible excess around the female joint. The plainest and simplest way to say it is nothing is isolated, period. To me air path is more or less equal to the vapor path when its exposed to heat. To be clear im not stressing out about it personally, im not worried about cured epoxy honestly. But having seen one apart first hand I choose to speak up when people aren't being forthcoming with the air/vapor path in its entirety.

There were several pictures posted of them disassembled earlier in the thread.

On a more positive note despite a few shortcomings this is still my go to electric portable and unit I suggest to others looking for an on demand alternative to a butane vape. :2c:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Mi has ruined me for every other vape. Latest VAS crashed and burned.
Last night just got in the zone on grind, tamp, draw, button.
COOL SMOOTH LONG SESSIONS ON VERY LITTLE MATERIAL
stock long stem rulez

Sippin' on Mi 1 right now. My original Milaana, it was sent in and repaired from head to toe. Still not recessed glass, and a bit longer heat up, but smooth and cool with the long stem. Was using last night, may have been the reason for the super cool sessions. Worth the extra 5 second wait IMHO, and I have 2 old classics.

I just wrote a PM to a friend who has VAS as bad as I do when I realized i could work for RBT because of how passionate I am about Milaana.

For the sake of forum rules, other vape mentions are edited out.
---------_----------_----------_----------_----------
LETTER TO A FELLOW VAS SUFFERER
See you're still vas'ing. Have you tried a Milaana? #1 by miles. Everthing else sucks now.
CS is even good now. For less than $200 you have an on demand convection monster. Unregulated is insane. You will love love love. Blows away XXXXX for getting ripped. I'd get 2 and a bunch of batteries. I'm into the stock long stem now. Flavor, effect, convenience, efficient - cut my use by 25%. Just about zero maintenance. And when you don't depress button, herb doesn't cook.

I cannot tell you how this vape has change d my life. I have 4, and every new vape I try, sucks..... Only negative.

RECENTLY LET GO
XXXXX hate size, plastic, cleaning, battery not replaceable
XXXXX cord, loading constantly
XXXXX too fucking hot
XXXXX conduction tastes horrible
XXXXX too fucking hot
XXXXX and XXXXX taste like air now...

And Milaana hits way harder than all

Do it!
Mike

Last edited:

TheRobbo

The wood isn't isolated. Glue is in the airpath via the bottom cap, button and possible excess around the female joint. The plainest and simplest way to say it is nothing is isolated, period. To me air path is more or less equal to the vapor path when its exposed to heat. To be clear im not stressing out about it personally, im not worried about cured epoxy honestly. But having seen one apart first hand I choose to speak up when people aren't being forthcoming with the air/vapor path in its entirety.

There were several pictures posted of them disassembled earlier in the thread.

On a more positive note despite a few shortcomings this is still my go to electric portable and unit I suggest:rofl::rofl: to others looking for an on demand alternative to a butane vape. :2c:

Had a well thought out reply saved in draft then somehow lost it...
Lets go again...
I agree nothing is isolated but the air is going to follow the path of least resistance i.e. where it's supposed to go, and I just cant see anything outside the glass tube getting anywhere near vapor temps... I mean I can put my finger in the female (:rofl:) fitting after a bowl, and its quite warm but not scalding... I guess down where the heater is could conduct some heat but that should be getting pulled away and into the load under normal usage, it just shouldn't get hot enough to do anything. So really the only thing that will be exposed to extra heat is the wood directly under the heater wich isnt anywhere near any glue and hot wood isn't much of an issue, though you have actually seen inside so I could be wrong.
Any way like you said this is not much of an issue as every thing seems to be operating well within its limits.

I actually thought I had scorched my wood after I dropped it the other night as I decided to see if I could still see the glow after 6 seconds which I could so had a few more hits... Loads of vapor and a wierd taste! Turns out it was the new bag I had just got as I went and loaded my spare stem straight away with some leftovers from the prevous purchase a few weeks ago and with that no funny taste.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Had a well thought out reply saved in draft then somehow lost it...
Lets go again...
I agree nothing is isolated but the air is going to follow the path of least resistance i.e. where it's supposed to go, and I just cant see anything outside the glass tube getting anywhere near vapor temps... I mean I can put my finger in the female (:rofl:) fitting after a bowl, and its quite warm but not scalding... I guess down where the heater is could conduct some heat but that should be getting pulled away and into the load under normal usage, it just shouldn't get hot enough to do anything. So really the only thing that will be exposed to extra heat is the wood directly under the heater wich isnt anywhere near any glue and hot wood isn't much of an issue, though you have actually seen inside so I could be wrong.
Any way like you said this is not much of an issue as every thing seems to be operating well within its limits.

I actually thought I had scorched my wood after I dropped it the other night as I decided to see if I could still see the glow after 6 seconds which I could so had a few more hits... Loads of vapor and a wierd taste! Turns out it was the new bag I had just got as I went and loaded my spare stem straight away with some leftovers from the prevous purchase a few weeks ago and with that no funny taste.
I can keep my fingers on glass rim during a session, even when mi is way hot, after many long pulls when wood heats up (mid body only).

I almost can't believe how much better sessions I'm getting. I'm still rockin an old Mi, long stem, 0 cough or throat irritation and less focus required. Seems to be slightly self regulated and more forgiving. Lower temps make for a slower, longer, more relaxed session. How freakin awesome for me?

EDIT
Old Mi still doing it, 24 hours later.

Last edited:

nickzzzx

New setup. DHgate hydrotube and Oregonglassblowers 14M to 18M US Adapter. One handed operation, smooth cool vapor. Can't ask for a better setup.

Also burnt wood edges on the top edge and torch patina copper on the battery door (previously was polished - look in my post history for a little gif to see. Aw shucks here ya go
giphy.gif
)

zdVNvSR.jpg

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
New setup. DHgate hydrotube and Oregonglassblowers 14M to 18M US Adapter. One handed operation, smooth cool vapor. Can't ask for a better setup.

Also burnt wood edges on the top edge and torch patina copper on the battery door (previously was polished - look in my post history for a little gif to see. Aw shucks here ya go
giphy.gif
)

zdVNvSR.jpg

Damn VAS, that setup looks perfect to be at home :love:

I already have enough vapes, but this vape looks exactly like everything I wanted for home :bowdown:

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's funny how this little vape quickly becomes a "Go To" vape....
I had it in rotation for a few weeks but it seems to be the ONLY vape in my rotation at the moment!!

For me it does micro loads beautifully!
At least 4 good clouds and super effects!
Taste can be overwhelming at times, especially when riding in the low temp range! NOT A BAD THING!!!

I am using an old modified 18mm stem that has a very wide open bore.
This stem rocks for flavor hits!! So smooth and ZERO resistance!

I guess i should buy a few more batteries and a better charger!
Living with just ONE battery is okay but definitely not ideal...

GTAVaper

@Bravesst

I know that you are a super-fan of the Milaana......and I am a fan as well.

But there is no way that the Milaana will hit anywhere near a Supreme V3, and it is also behind a modded Apollo in vapour production performance (when used with expertise) and although it can perform just as well as an Underdog (through VVPS) with glass - it can't keep up with an UD through the stainless steel stem tips.

I love all my vapes.....but I've really got to keep it real.

I have spent a lot of time perfecting hits with both the Underdog and Apollo......and I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to mod your Apollo to perform the same way that I've experienced; but the Milaana is also far from the performance of a Supreme V3 and still doesn't match the Apollo in performance. Although the Apollo does take longer to heat up and stays very hot - which is why it performs so well.

But it does excel in that it is almost instant on .......and it comes close to both the Apollo and Underdog in performance when it is performing at it's very best with proper technique.

But even so, it can't keep up with a modded Apollo operated with expertise and an UD being used at the perfect voltage settings through a VVPS.

But where is does excel is that it is much faster and cooler than the Apollo. So if those are more important factors to you than the actual vapour quality then the Milaana is a better choice for .....and the vapour quality isn't too far off - especially for the first hit or two.

The thing is ..... I don't expect it to be my top performing vape......but I am very happy with the performance that I am getting through glass and with a fully charged battery.

I won't say one vape is "better" than another.....they all serve their purposes but I can tell you one thing for sure.....if you haven't got a Supreme V3.....then you haven't met the highest performing vape on the market.......it truly blows everything else away.

The Milaana isn't even in the same league. But then again nothing else is either........even the Apollo which produces the second highest quality vapour in my line up.

If you go to the "Multitudinous Vaping" thread in the Vapor Lounge

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/multitudinous-vaping.18371/#post-1002841

you will see a video with @ShayWhiteGrow doing a round robin vape session with a Milaana, Apollo and Sticky Brick.

I commented in the Apollo thread (where it was originally posted before being moved) that I was getting a lot more vapour than him with both my Apollo and Milaana (but he is using a large diameter water piece - so looks can be decieving) but the Sticky Brick absolutely destroyed both the Milaana and Apollo in his video. My Sticky Brick is in transit right now .....so I can't comment on its performance yet.

But the point is that the Apollo and Milaana were doing comparable sized hits in that vid.....although I can tell that he is not using a modded Apollo in that video since the full original herb chamber is being used and I also don't know what setting he had it at.

With a fully heated modded Apollo I can get thick clouds far quicker than with a Milaana ......and also completely worry free. But it takes far longer for an Apollo to become perfect;y heatsoaked (at least with the OEM 20W bulb).....say 5 min? But the Apollo is more expensive and has the drawback of getting very hot which makes it far less conducive for portable usage. In that respect, for portable usage the more budget friendly Milaana is the far more suitable vape to use.

Even the Mighty, in a lot of situations, is a much better choice than the Milaana; such as for sharing among a group of people in a session.......and through water with a whip connection at 410F it will milk my glass in a way that you really have to be very careful with to get close to matching with a Milaana .....but which you can do completely worry free with the Mighty.

However, the Mighty and Apollo are both much higher priced than the Milaana - so I could agree that for the dollar value you are getting a fantastic experience with the Milaana.

But then again, my Supreme V3 was the same price as what I paid for the pre-order pricing for my Milaana ($130) and now goes for $150 USD.......and it absolutely destroys every vape that I've used with it's performance.......nothing else comes close. This is the vape that I would also miss the most of all of them if I had to give it up for any length of time.

Not that the Milaana is not a great vape and I definitely do not regret my purchase......but it is definitely not the hardest hitting vape on the market......it is nowhere near the Supreme V3 in taste, effects and instant milk.

But it doesn't have to be ......it does a great job for what it is and is a vape that is well worth your purchase.

virtualpurple

@ZC you just nailed what I've been looking for! If you are able to post your step-by-step, I would be forever in your debt. I dunno if I'm handy enough to pull it off, but I do have a vvps for my underdog that I wouldn't mind trying to put to use!

FYI folks I just got back from an awesome 2-day float trip. I brought the milaana and my boundless cfx along for the ride.

The guys I were with preferred the boundless for its ease of use, but neither has any vaping experience and I think they both were a little intimidated about trying to ride the wave and jumped right to the ease of digital temp control.

However, I really enjoyed my time with milaana and think that perhaps with a more sober crowd that the milaana would have really impressed.

Last edited:

ZC

@virtualpurple

I'm going to try and get the guide together later this week/weekend. But keep in mind your VVPS for your dog is unlikely to work for this mod, the UD uses way less power than the Mi, and your VVPS likely isn't rated for the 10A~ the Mi needs.

My stems from @Alan arrived today. They are even more beautiful in person. His suggested "doublescreen" loading technique works really well too, really even results w/ no stirring. I can't decide yet if I like the wood or the glass-in-wood stem more, but really they serve different purposes.

The glass-in-wood stem doubles as an 18mm WoNg for the HI and my other logs though, so that's a nice bonus.

virtualpurple

@virtualpurple

I'm going to try and get the guide together later this week/weekend. But keep in mind your VVPS for your dog is unlikely to work for this mod, the UD uses way less power than the Mi, and your VVPS likely isn't rated for the 10A~ the Mi needs.

My stems from @Alan arrived today. They are even more beautiful in person. His suggested "doublescreen" loading technique works really well too, really even results w/ no stirring. I can't decide yet if I like the wood or the glass-in-wood stem more, but really they serve different purposes.

The glass-in-wood stem doubles as an 18mm WoNg for the HI and my other logs though, so that's a nice bonus.

Thank you for advising! When you are able to put up your guide I will try and buy all the same parts you use so that I can increase my chance of success!

Those stems are looking sexy, I may have to drop a line into @Alan for another round of stems, as he really nailed it with my underdog slide-a-bowl stems!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Bravesst

I know that you are a super-fan of the Milaana......and I am a fan as well.

But there is no way that the Milaana will hit anywhere near a Supreme V3, and it is also behind a modded Apollo in vapour production performance (when used with expertise) and although it can perform just as well as an Underdog (through VVPS) with glass - it can't keep up with an UD through the stainless steel stem tips.

I love all my vapes.....but I've really got to keep it real.

I have spent a lot of time perfecting hits with both the Underdog and Apollo......and I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to mod your Apollo to perform the same way that I've experienced; but the Milaana is also far from the performance of a Supreme V3 and still doesn't match the Apollo in performance. Although the Apollo does take longer to heat up and stays very hot - which is why it performs so well.

But it does excel in that it is almost instant on .......and it comes close to both the Apollo and Underdog in performance when it is performing at it's very best with proper technique.

But even so, it can't keep up with a modded Apollo operated with expertise and an UD being used at the perfect voltage settings through a VVPS.

But where is does excel is that it is much faster and cooler than the Apollo. So if those are more important factors to you than the actual vapour quality then the Milaana is a better choice for .....and the vapour quality isn't too far off - especially for the first hit or two.

The thing is ..... I don't expect it to be my top performing vape......but I am very happy with the performance that I am getting through glass and with a fully charged battery.

I won't say one vape is "better" than another.....they all serve their purposes but I can tell you one thing for sure.....if you haven't got a Supreme V3.....then you haven't met the highest performing vape on the market.......it truly blows everything else away.

The Milaana isn't even in the same league. But then again nothing else is either........even the Apollo which produces the second highest quality vapour in my line up.

If you go to the "Multitudinous Vaping" thread in the Vapor Lounge

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/multitudinous-vaping.18371/#post-1002841

you will see a video with @ShayWhiteGrow doing a round robin vape session with a Milaana, Apollo and Sticky Brick.

I commented in the Apollo thread (where it was originally posted before being moved) that I was getting a lot more vapour than him with both my Apollo and Milaana (but he is using a large diameter water piece - so looks can be decieving) but the Sticky Brick absolutely destroyed both the Milaana and Apollo in his video. My Sticky Brick is in transit right now .....so I can't comment on its performance yet.

But the point is that the Apollo and Milaana were doing comparable sized hits in that vid.....although I can tell that he is not using a modded Apollo in that video since the full original herb chamber is being used and I also don't know what setting he had it at.

With a fully heated modded Apollo I can get thick clouds far quicker than with a Milaana ......and also completely worry free. But it takes far longer for an Apollo to become perfect;y heatsoaked (at least with the OEM 20W bulb).....say 5 min? But the Apollo is more expensive and has the drawback of getting very hot which makes it far less conducive for portable usage. In that respect, for portable usage the more budget friendly Milaana is the far more suitable vape to use.

Even the Mighty, in a lot of situations, is a much better choice than the Milaana; such as for sharing among a group of people in a session.......and through water with a whip connection at 410F it will milk my glass in a way that you really have to be very careful with to get close to matching with a Milaana .....but which you can do completely worry free with the Mighty.

However, the Mighty and Apollo are both much higher priced than the Milaana - so I could agree that for the dollar value you are getting a fantastic experience with the Milaana.

But then again, my Supreme V3 was the same price as what I paid for the pre-order pricing for my Milaana ($130) and now goes for $150 USD.......and it absolutely destroys every vape that I've used with it's performance.......nothing else comes close. This is the vape that I would also miss the most of all of them if I had to give it up for any length of time.

Not that the Milaana is not a great vape and I definitely do not regret my purchase......but it is definitely not the hardest hitting vape on the market......it is nowhere near the Supreme V3 in taste, effects and instant milk.

But it doesn't have to be ......it does a great job for what it is and is a vape that is well worth your purchase.

You just ran through the comparisons he was trying to avoid lol (okay, he was kinda asking for it) We know your stance, but btw, instant with Supreme? How's that torch heat up bud ;)

All are effective manual vapes, no need to play best or worse, all top tier analog style (Apollo is digital i guess though, modded maybe not?), can't go wrong with any as a sole vape. Some are better for some than others...

And modded Apollo is a key qualifier, personally, I think if you focused on Milaana, using just it for a while, that you could get it to a similar place in your own use. Its individual use and techniques, and ofcourse I haven't tried those other two vapes, so won't comment on their performance, but that is the impression I get, as someone who previously had a VAS issue using many vapes all the time :2c::peace:

I am actually taking a Milaana break now even, was focusing on VapCap, and have some more beta testing coming this week now too :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom