Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@GTAVaper : the fact that you compare it with either way pricier and/or butane-powered vapes says a lot...

But a few points from reading your post:

- I use it exclusively dry, so all your points about performance are completely moot for me. For the simple reason that the Mi already produces way more vapor than I can inhale with my mere mortal (and damaged) lungs. So yes, instant vapor is more important to me.

- We don't know whether you have a cold running Mi or not, but from the many user reports we know that there is a lot of variation. Mine is on the hot side and I need to tame it down. One half to one second mistake can ruin the taste of my bowl by going too high in temperature with a fresh cell.

- I know how flame-powered vape users love their devices, but to me it's just a nonsense. I fucked combustion and I'm glad I fucked lighters, papers and tobacco in the process. Now when I hear people finding it normal to have to use a torch to power their vaporizer, to me it's just a complete contradiction. Electricity is for the modern man, fire is for the cavern one. :worms: More seriously, we're talking about a portable device meant to be used outdoors, and in my (prohibition) country, lighting your fire more than once per 10 minutes will attract cops by night from kilometers away really! It did attract them when I smoked kief and needed to heat the stuff to roll it, now I read you need to use your torch for 10 seconds and more bursts? No way lol! That plus the fact (and I said it already many times) that in my circle, doing this will label you as a "crack head" or "severe addict"... cultural differences I guess?

- I know that you precised it but let's be clear that you are talking about a MODDED Appollo. We talked about it in the thread, but so far all users reported having to mod their device in some way to make it really usable. The Mi works out of the box, and when you "mod" it by switching to the long stem, the vapor is way cooler and the taste is improved (provided you don't overdo the trigger of course, and that's the hard part, it's picky)

- I don't know who claimed it was the hardest hitting portable, I wouldn't describe it this way. For me it compares positively to pricier portable vapes and even to some reputed desktop vapes. For a 100% convection portable device it's awesome (Mighty has some conduction and is bloody ugly with those silly plastic fins, it looks like a tool... a power tool that is, like your drill or... haha... :worms:)

Now excuse me while I prepare and set my firewall and my protective helmet, my intuition tells me I will see a lot of flames pretty soon! :evil:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think we've had enough with vape comparisons, guys. This is the Milaana thread and the focus needs to remain on the Milaana. If anyone wants to discuss direct comparisons, you are free to do so via PM but that conversation does not belong in this thread.

Thanks.

:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
New setup. DHgate hydrotube and Oregonglassblowers 14M to 18M US Adapter. One handed operation, smooth cool vapor. Can't ask for a better setup.

Also burnt wood edges on the top edge and torch patina copper on the battery door (previously was polished - look in my post history for a little gif to see. Aw shucks here ya go
giphy.gif
)

zdVNvSR.jpg
I've heard mixed things about those chinese water stems, let me know what you think and if you experience any spills. This is pretty much my ideal setup for the Milaana, and something that I've wanted for a while, but the mixed reviews on this chinese version pnwt have kept me at bay.

AJS,

GTAVaper

I have a DHGate PNWT that works great on top another vape.....and would also work well with a Milaana .....but I don't have an 18-14mm US male joint.

PM me and I will look up the exact store I got it at.....or Nick could probably help you out too....and he maybe even got it at the same place that I did.

I once inadvertently broke rules by posting a DHGate link to a clone piece before that was taken down.....whereas the link to the FC-UFO got to stay since it was an original design......otherwise I would have just posted a link here after I looked it up

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is among my favorite pairings. I also like Bam Bam with the D020. There is a pic of that back on page 67...
m2yCXec.jpg

Milaana is small enough that it pairs well with smaller glass pieces...

For those of you who don't want to bother thread searching...
QHGF1UV.jpg

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I've heard mixed things about those chinese water stems, let me know what you think and if you experience any spills. This is pretty much my ideal setup for the Milaana, and something that I've wanted for a while, but the mixed reviews on this chinese version pnwt have kept me at bay.
I got 3 or 4 of them and they all leak if you handle them incorrectly. The water pressure in the top seems to cause a vacuum out the bottom sometimes when I am filling them. I bought an inline bubbler/ nectar kit from dhgate and I find that bubbler to work so much better and I never have leak issues...of course I broke that a couple weeks ago. It came with a 14mm male2female adapter that is curved perfectly so that you can use hydratubes with the Milaana and have the Milaana upside down without ever worrying about spillage. I will have to get a picture later.

The nectar kit was similar to this one which has the curved adapter I mentioned.http://m.dhgate.com/product/2016-ne...ilicate/387144291.html#s1-24-1;srp|2581332158

Last edited:

nickzzzx

No problems with spills or leaking, but I wouldn't leave it sitting on its side. I have a nice 14mm stand but no adapter. Pretty wobbly standing upright too. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to keep it safe, but for now it stays on the Mi standing upright. It gives smooth diffuse vapor due to Mi's open airpath, which is very easy on the lungs. If you search Dhgate for "hydratube" you will find many results of similar design(search "vaporblunt" for my particular one). This is my second piece and I find the glass to be pretty good quality, nice thickness, no cracks, no leaks. Only downside for this particular one, minimal splashback if you fill slightly too much.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Every time I get a new vape, the first thing I do, unconsciously, is compare to Milaana. Sometimes the vape will have a place, but I have a strong feeling nothing will beat the Milaana for a long time to come, and then it will be a better Milaana, or Milaana accessory.

Kinda takes some of the fun outta VAS.

For the sake of future improvements, since we are sort of the "control group" for RBT, let's throw out our biggest one or two "needs improvements" or things you'd like to see upgraded. We all kinda know about finish and expensive electronic upgrades - maybe good maybe not, but try and keep it to what's likely to happen, or even impossible mods or technique. Thanks for making this such an awesome vape!

For me
1. Cooler would be nice, a bit less harsh when dry.
2. Less focus required for best draw. Great alone, sometimes tough in conversation.

By switching up to an older unit, both above issues have resolved. I've been able to sip, rip, talk, not cough. So for me, I actually like the original set up. I dont notice any longer heat up time. I've probably just adapted to it. Anyone else digging their original Mi?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
This thing is great but you got to use the long stem as the vapour in the short gets way too hot.
I never use the long stem...I just release the botton when it gets too warm, cools right down. IME

@Bravesst I am using my original Mi and like it, but the one in the shop runs hotter and extends batter life... I like it a little more...but there is more room for error with an older unit.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I think long stem can be warmer, but still within limits, at least with my current DD. Once you get the 'hang of' pulling and pressing, lower temps are more easily maintained. Don't forget the Mi can be full throttle (unregulated), overwhelming my ability to inhale vapor, so everyone can ride this beast quite differently, with totally different results.

Last edited:

murf2010

I think long stem can be warmer, but still within limits, at least with my current DD. Once you get the 'hang of' pulling and pressing, lower temps are more easily maintained. Don't forget the Mi can be full throttle (unregulated), overwhelming my ability to inhale vapor, so everyone can ride this beast quite differently, with totally different results.

Today I tried a more aggressive pull for 5 seconds. Was thick!!!

AJS

Calm Consistency
runs hotter and extends batter life... I like it a little more...but there is more room for error with an older unit.
Recently I've been switching out the battery every other day, because it lasts me around 8 seshes and 4 is plenty for a day for my use currently.

I have found that moving the screen closer helps a lot with cooler vapor. I didn't realize my screen got moved pretty far down, and the hot air was extremely harsh. Took me a few seshes to realize the issue, pushed it up to the brim, and it was very smooth again. I think it's because the vapor can be produced at a lower heater temperature, making that backed up air not so hot.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
After receiving feedback and data from a few Mil owners, I find there are differences in internal screen positioning.

Easy way to measure this? Grab a toothpick and drop it in the oven. Either lay the vape sideways or maneuver the toothpick so it sits against the side of the Mil internal glass, then mark the toothpick from the rim of the glass. Remove toothpick and measure the marked toothpick.

My internal screen is 1 1/8" from rim of heater glass. All reducers, wands, and basket screens that I have fit without issue. So, once I get stock replenishment and repost a listing on eBay, I think I will put this measurement in as "mandatory specs" of one's Milaana if they wish to use the kit.

I'd love to get data on newer unit's screen depth! Or if @RastaBuddhaTao could chime in with current specification of screen depth, that would be even better!

Question to Mods: Would it be ok to start a thread on this specific topic "Milaana Internal Screen Depth" or to poll within this thread?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@DDave too bad I don't have my other Milaana to measure at the moment...I'm sure @Bravesst could chime in since he is the guiness book of world record holder for most Mi's owned.

From memory I believe it is about 2 centemeters...I have a video showing it, but unfortunately i was too high and sound like a dumbass.

@AJS not sure how you get soooo many stems from a single battery?!?!

I don't really find the heat to be an issue at

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@DDave
Old / / Old / New / One in Shops
I measured in 64ths of an inch (58, 60, 58) and used conversion chart to mm.
SIDE NOTE: I tend to get 3 or 4 stems out of one batt, but normally packed light (.05 to .07). That about 1/3 of a gram per batt. At about a g or less daily, I usually go through 2 or 3 batts a day if I don't swap out too early.
@WakeAndVape here ya go
0BZ8fa5.jpg

Last edited:

BadDog No

My "Millie" is an early "post production break" model with semirecessed glass, only a few burn marks, white epoxy, and a slight "leaning Tower of Pisa" effect to her stems. She measures out at 15/16". Hope that helps...

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I recently received my backup Mi which is a newer version with a faster heater and a flush female joint. I noticed that the screen is deeper in the Mi and the Mi itself is bigger. This is most noticeable around the battery hole where there is more wood than before. I am still in the process of figuring out which Mi will be the daily driver and which will be the backup.

The older Mi measures at 15/16" and the newer Mi measures at 1 1/8". The newer one can accommodate certain adapters that the old one couldn't. I hope this helps.

@AJS not sure how you get soooo many stems from a single battery?!?!
I can get up to 8 sessions with my newer Mi and the HG2. I find with the faster heater, the button needs to be pressed much less. Most of my sessions are between .07 and .09 for reference.

GTAVaper

I recently received my backup Mi which is a newer version with a faster heater and a flush female joint. I noticed that the screen is deeper in the Mi and the Mi itself is bigger. This is most noticeable around the battery hole where there is more wood than before. I am still in the process of figuring out which Mi will be the daily driver and which will be the backup.

The older Mi measures at 15/16" and the newer Mi measures at 1 1/8". The newer one can accommodate certain adapters that the old one couldn't. I hope this helps.

I can get up to 8 sessions with my newer Mi and the HG2. I find with the faster heater, the button needs to be pressed much less. Most of my sessions are between .07 and .09 for reference.

I also find that around 0.07 to 0.09g is about what I will use as well in a RBT basket style oriented load where the basket ends a couple mm's from the end of the male glass joint end.

A Solo stem will hold about 0.15g comfortably from where the glass screen ends inside the stem.

I have modded stems that are about 10-11" long that are an RBT stem with basket on one end and either an RBT stem or 14mm glass on the other end.

The two stem ends are connected with an intermediary short Apollo mouthpiece. See the Apollo thread for pics and further construction details.

The 14mm glass on the one stem also allows me to put a DHGate PNWT at the end of an already 10 1/2" stem for cool direct hits that you have a great visible view of that really lets you see the vapour very well and helps with button control since the heat will be a less significant indicator when pulling vapour in this set up.

These two stems with the intermediary short Apollo tube can be used interchangeably with both the Milaana and Apollo .....which lets me make extremely objective comparisons between the two vapes with respect to vapour quality.....which you can accept at face value....or deny.

Doesn't matter to me in the least at all....and I love both of these vapes and wouldn't dream of parting with either.

However, I would agree that the Milaana offers a better bang for the buck and still produces excellent vapour after some technique is mastered.

But rather than dealing with combusted loads from other people using it through water.....I simply control the button myself as it sits atop a claisen adapter and coach people on their draw speed.

This technique works very well for producing vapour for guests in a manner that is risk free from combustion....and highly recommend it for other Milaana owners for adoption when using with newbies to introduce them to the Milaana's potential.

Last edited:

bounce5

New setup. DHgate hydrotube and Oregonglassblowers 14M to 18M US Adapter. One handed operation, smooth cool vapor. Can't ask for a better setup.

Also burnt wood edges on the top edge and torch patina copper on the battery door (previously was polished - look in my post history for a little gif to see. Aw shucks here ya go
giphy.gif
)

zdVNvSR.jpg

That looks like a great setup. Isn't the Milaana also waterproof? I remember reading something like it could survive getting wet...correct me if I'm wrong.

Milaana through a waterpipe has become my favorite "go to" vape. It really does work well, is easy to use, and I love how little maintenance it takes.

nickzzzx

That looks like a great setup. Isn't the Milaana also waterproof? I remember reading something like it could survive getting wet...correct me if I'm wrong.

Milaana through a waterpipe has become my favorite "go to" vape. It really does work well, is easy to use, and I love how little maintenance it takes.
Yes, due to it's simple design. If you drop it in a pool or toilet or sink or lake, just fish it out, dry it out, and cross your fingers. Sea water would be corrosive (and stinky), but fresh water should evaporate and not damage the internals. I do remember the one FC member saying he got his wet, and it worked fine after drying. That's a plus!

bounce5

Yes, due to it's simple design. If you drop it in a pool or toilet or sink or lake, just fish it out, dry it out, and cross your fingers. Sea water would be corrosive (and stinky), but fresh water should evaporate and not damage the internals. I do remember the one FC member saying he got his wet, and it worked fine after drying. That's a plus!

For sure, an amazing plus especially if using with a hydrotube/water tool. I must get a hydrotube now. I remember reading about some users losing their Air or Storm to an accidental trickle from a water tool... but sounds like we don't have to worry too much about that.

But wait, If it did stop working after getting wet (by accident) would it still be under warranty?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I was ot and about today with Milaana, went short stem for stealth. Lost my perfect mojo :hmm:. Just got home, went long stem and back to smooth and cool clouds. :bowdown:

I'm waiting on my Joda stems, been a couple of weeks, so should be coming soon. Also waiting on my newest Milaana having its glass replaced. I sent in about 10 days ago, and I'm like a little kid checking mail daily for stems and a new Mi.

VAS still kicking in. My relief might be Mi mods not another Vape, even though I was eyeballing something. :freak: (see Sig below). I liked @GTAVaper ideas on Apollo tube, but water tools are not fitting into my lifestyle at all. I'd pay dearly for a custom long stem that was an improvement over stock.

I'm not a glass guy coming from a rolling only history. I'm gonna peek at OGB stems for something that will fit directly into Mi.

Will this stem work, or is the joint too long? TIA
3R8WxY9.jpg

http://www.oregonglassblower.com/18mm-GLASS-MOUTHPIECE-FLARED-CURVED-MALE-18fmpmc.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom