Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy10

Was using the basket screen but I found the load sat too far back, and lots of button time was needed. Might do one stem flat side down and one stem basket style and swap between them to get a good idea.

Still think there could be something to a 18-14f reducer and 14m male stem. Dunno why, but I was more excited when it was originally 14.

Oogendoogan

Was using the basket screen but I found the load sat too far back, and lots of button time was needed. Might do one stem flat side down and one stem basket style and swap between them to get a good idea.

Still think there could be something to a 18-14f reducer and 14m male stem. Dunno why, but I was more excited when it was originally 14.
Good luck dude. Try to really control that air.. I feel like it's a huge thing with the air path being so wide open.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

Like this?

30bfayx.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just want to do a reality check given the discussion on a different thread. Do you know where it's written that the battery has to be kept separate for security? Or is this s security issue that's been developed from experience here? Aiden is fairly sedentary so doesn't get a lot of public experience but I leave the battery in and since nothing is pressed against the button seems safe to me.

Plus Tommy10 I'm not sure why you have used a lot of herb trying out the Milaana. I think that the first hit from the vapcap is comparable to the Milaana. But the Milaana lasts a lot longer and with only a tiny bit. I use about an 1/8th teaspoon at a time.

Yeah the instructions will say that about the battery, just to be safe, you are good though if it is like lying on your desk or in a drawer if you're sure there's nothing to move and press the button or whatever. It was always the only failsafe really, the only true power switch in this minimal device... I have left mine in out and about, but I am often very careful and checking it to be sure then. I may start taking it out once I have a stem that can fit in a battery case, but @vapen00b's mod job looks pretty great too

@Tommy10 I'd go back to baskets, shallow as possible with a slight glass rim, fill it even half full of medium grind not too fine not too course. Use a fresh battery and play with your draw (create a steady vaccum by starting slow and speeding up as the heater climbs in temp) and your trigger modulation, should be effective since you have had some good results, but this is extremely different from the VapCap (I had a lot of trouble with my own early TiWoody coming from Zion, expecting an OmniVap and OG soon so I can hone my technique there, bc truly opposites or something lol), that tiny bowl is more like @HD Springer's 10mm and @pakalolo had mixed results with the 14mm prototype... GH is actually a narrower tube too, albeit also very different from both

AJS

Calm Consistency
Do you know where it's written that the battery has to be kept separate for security? Or is this s security issue that's been developed from experience here? Aiden is fairly sedentary so doesn't get a lot of public experience but I leave the battery in and since nothing is pressed against the button seems safe to me.
It is experience. People have accidentally pressed the button for minutes at a time because they stored it in a backpack or a case or something. My Milaana has a battery loaded, inside, 95% of the time. As long as the button is not pressed, an inserted battery is not an issue.

Edit:
Sorry @Shit Snacks , FC didn't load all the new responses, you beat me to it!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I don't think I could sit my screen too much lower, anyone got any awesome micro load tips? I was hoping for single hit loads with 100% extraction, don't really want to pack enough for a session to see Vapor, I've seen others mention how good it micro loads but I seem to need to load .2's for clouds, would much rather be < .05.
Sorry to hear you don't get the satisfying hang of it. You might wanna try getting some arizer solo sized dome screen. I posted links one or two pages back. You can really micro load that basket/bowl. I'm still asking myself, if you have a whole bunch of bad batteries... I know, it's highly unlikely. Just receive Mi yesterday and no test drive needed for me. Though I'm improving. Had a monstrous cloud doing the third stem... Managed hardly to keep it in and I was blowing vapor like a dragon with a broken flintstone. Had to look, if I charred. OMG, I didn't! Crazy.
:peace:

EDIT: do mean to critize the imperfections.. I always wanted a unit built from the evil genius himself. I got one of those early ones. That's what I wanted. Getting her beautiful final twin sister later :)

I have to correct this one: "do NOT mean to critize [...]" - this would not make sense with the rest of the paragraph... I was enjoying the Cult too much, vaaaaked.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Like this?

30bfayx.jpg
Not like that...
Actually you use a 18M US but it has a 14F built in inside. It's called an 18M14F US reducer.
You can mate a 14M US on it as a stem. makes sense???

So, basically you'll use the 14M side of this GonG as your stem, you'll need to rig a basket screen to make it work as a regular stem....

YNC7J2R.jpg

And then get something like this but US jointed, not like the weird job that this Chinese glass blowers did to this
18M14F US reducer by adding an extra unnecessary length???? so weird, right???
Can you see the extra addition after the grounded glass. Smooth as silk...

4Gz0TcG.jpg

Basically this is a 14F that reduces an 18F, makes sense??
eA7250y.jpg

In this photo you can clearly see the weird addition plus extra work that cheap hand work can do, why the hell/fuck they waste material/time/sweat on that extra extension, makes no sense at all in a reducer, with those weird side slits??? WTFCKKK???
fSLU31Q.jpg

Here you can see how it will connect, the basket should be in the 14M side, makes sense??
JhEgAzk.jpg

And here is mated to Milanesa, in this case because is extra long/large ISO jajaja it's sitting on the screen and no way making any seal. This photo is just to try to make some sense to my rambling and try outs...
689M5Th.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not like that...
Actually you use a 18M US but it has a 14F built in inside. It's called an 18M14F US reducer.

So, basically you'll use the 14M side of this GonG as your stem, you'll need to rig a basket screen to make it work as a regular stem....

YNC7J2R.jpg

And then get something like this but US jointed, not like the weird job that this Chinese glass blowers did to this

4Gz0TcG.jpg

eA7250y.jpg

In this photo you can clearly see the weird addition plus extra work that cheap hand work can do, why the hell/fuck they waste material/time/sweat on that extra extension, makes no sense at all in a reducer, with those weird side slits??? WTFCKKK???
fSLU31Q.jpg

Here you can see how it will connect, the basket should be in the 14M side, makes sense??
JhEgAzk.jpg

And here is mated to Milanesa, in this case because is extra long/large ISO jajaja it's sitting on the screen and no way making any seal. This photo is just to try to make some sense to my rambling and try outs...
689M5Th.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...

Yeah I used to have a US flush short one but I lost it and bought from the same place yet it had the extra uneven edge like you show, posted with photos about using it and a 14-14 male to male as a bowl in my Zion in that thread somewhere...

Tommy10

Yeah I used to have a US flush short one but I lost it and bought from the same place yet it had the extra uneven edge like you show, posted with photos about using it and a 14-14 male to male as a bowl in my Zion in that thread somewhere...

Fuckkkk! Wish you had one still, that's exactly what I'm talking about, think it would be great!

Hearing everyone have such an out of the box great time makes me question my own vape skillz, could be batteries will buy a another batch, but I dunno.
I just don't seem to be getting it.

Also basket screen with a dome inside, interesting!

E juice works a treat in this too! Reallllly looks like an e cig mod then.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Disater Averted
While sanding and sealing (bees wax), the bottom plate *let go*, or detached from the main body. On a positve note, got to peek inside, not much going on, a switch and a couple of wires.

There is zero heat conducted to this area, so I used Elmer's wood glue. I prepped, glued, clamped, waited, sanded, and we're back up and running, better than new.

If you're not prepared for some minor repairs, get a back up!

Tommy10

Okay, technique improving by the minute, I think what I thought was slow was not slow enough given in not used to such a free flowing vape, starting the draw at turtle speed, and adjusting draw/button once I am feeling the vaper.
Such an open air path is different, I loved how easy the VG coil was to milk but the very open air path put me off, will take a bit more getting used to, but the results have been much better.

Using basket, and j hook.

Tommy10

They actually weren't that mixed. The load size was too small, the draw was too restricted, and stirring was difficult but seemed to be necessary.

Mmmmm, interesting. I find the 18m load size too big, draw too open and stirring still nescessary, might see if I can find a female reducer that fits nice and see how that goes for something different.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
What was your experience like with it?
I too bought a 14 to "19/22" bushing adapter that doesn't quite fit in Milaana :\ (planning to try it with an Underdog GonG stem)

Fuckkkk! Wish you had one still, that's exactly what I'm talking about, think it would be great!

Hearing everyone have such an out of the box great time makes me question my own vape skillz, could be batteries will buy a another batch, but I dunno.
I just don't seem to be getting it.

Also basket screen with a dome inside, interesting!

E juice works a treat in this too! Reallllly looks like an e cig mod then.
What batteries did you end up grabbing to replace your original dud?

Those don't look US jointed to my eye, but maybe you could contact ddave for a special order, or ask about the length of the taper. You could probably contact him via PM here on the forum for more info.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@Sasquatch_Jr : so this means there are people who are not even customers, that have gone into some kind of holy crusade to prevent Randy from selling RBT products?! At this stage we can't call them rats anymore, it's worse than that! :goon:

I'm not a customer, nor did I PM Randy here or on Reddit about the Milaana. It could be, just maybe, that RBT LLC did not meet the criteria or standards PiU has in place?

He did ask for people's opinions in a thread, and there were plenty of people giving their opinion from both sides.....publicly. And there was a lot of "whether you carry the products or not, we respect your decision."
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/...srespectful_to_the_people_he_asks_for/d2t1fkd

No one is preventing Randy from selling anything, other than Randy. He's a big boy and can make his own big boy decisions, which is why I didn't go out of my way (unlike some people apparently....) to message him my opinion.

I would respect his decision either way. That said, +1 for the HOLY CRUSADERS!!! We won this one!! /s :eyeroll:

This sounds like you don't respect his decision? That the only way that Randy wouldn't sell these is because a bunch "RBT haters" are preventing him?

Why don't you give Randy some credit? He's been successful at running PiU for how long? Pretty insulting to him IMO to insinuate that us "holy crusaders" would have that much power of persuasion.

Or do we actually have a point? Are we truly that convincing? We can only be convincing if there are elements of truth that back up our points......so which is it? Were the things we said truthful enough to push Randy over the edge and not buy RBT wares? OR, is Randy too simple minded that he couldn't possibly make a decision for himself and was easily persuaded by us "holy crusaders"?

I don't think he runs a business successfully (and he has a track record of success) if he is "prevented from selling" any vape because of forum users :lol: but to each their own, we all need a boogeyman I suppose.

Just lolsy.

The Milaana seems like a perfectly fine vape, and doesn't seem like the end all be all to conquer all vaporizers either.. THANK YOU, sincerely, all the new users who are giving their impressions and takes on things and being realistic in their first impressions and reviews.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks for the clarity...mind fucking blown :whoa:
Not like that...

YNC7J2R.jpg

4Gz0TcG.jpg

eA7250y.jpg

fSLU31Q.jpg

JhEgAzk.jpg

689M5Th.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...

Oogendoogan

End all be all, I sure hope not I mean they are even making a more expensive model as we speak.. I'm sure future years will bring future developments with all sorts of vapes as well.. But I think what people mean by this being one of the "best" vapes is that it's literally a desktop convection vape in your pocket. I had my doubts and own problems honing this thing in, and this morning I got a new pickup and wanted to test it. I was with my buddy who has my old nano and tried that.. It was great, forgot how great but didn't get as large of clouds or as good as taste as I do with the Mi, then home to turn on the SSV, first time since I got Mi. That bad boy can rip and the hit was larger.. But I used more bud and got less of an effect than I would have from a milaana stem.. Now the milaana has a wide open air path and a button to control your heat.. That's where it starts beating these desktops IMO. Maybe I'm crazy? Maybe the money I spent has blurred my mind into wanting to choose a lesser vaping experience over a better one that is sitting in front of me in the form of a desktop? Don't think so because I spent more on the desktops and I have bought vapes that just sit and sit because I wouldn't put down my SSV in the past.. Too bad to see that this thing has people who don't even have one, trying to discuss how it has come up short. Not talking about anyone in this forum at all, thank you for sharing the stuff about PIU and randy I am not throwing stones here. I am referring to the Reddit post.
Whatever I will continue to enjoy this little powerhouse and hopefully change my vape game up. A Zion NEEDS to be in my future ;)
Edit: I have re read this post and really want to emphasize that I wasn't talking about anyone here when I said people who don't even have one. I can see how that could have been taken the wrong way by a couple members. I was just reading through Reddit and probably should have posted that there because that's where the comment was aimed. Apologies for any confusion.
Cheers.

Last edited:
The Milaana seems like a perfectly fine vape, and doesn't seem like the end all be all to conquer all vaporizers either.. THANK YOU, sincerely, all the new users who are giving their impressions and takes on things and being realistic in their first impressions and reviews.
I agree, thanks to everyone who has been reporting about their actual physical devices they hold in their hands. It's great to listen to all these user reports and see how others are using theirs!

Edit: @Oogendoogan I like my Milaana, but the Zion is killer. There are similar factors to play with that change the experience, but my favorite is that the batteries last long enough that I'm usually confused when my Zion stops giving vapor.

buckhakeesah

hi guys, just reporting that I used my arizer air batteries in my milaana yesterday to see how they do. Worked fine, seems like I had to hold down the button longer to get it up to the right temps. This was a fully charged battery. I'm not exactly sure on specs on the Air's 18650, but it worked. If anyone knows, should this battery have affected the way it performs compared to the stock LG one RBT provides?

Bandoo

Referring to members as "moaners" and "heartless bitchers" breaks our "Be Nice" rule. Warning point issued.
To the moaners. What bs..
If I was him I would make a list of all you heartless bitchers and never sell you one in six months when your over your periods and the Zions and Milaana's are in production and you are sitting there with your little bugger in you hand for 2 minutes waiting for it to finally get hot :lol:

Ryan the mad scientist came up with a great concept and then put it together as best he could. :leaf:

You people treat him like he was a war criminal or a politician or something.
You all saw the picture of him.. What did you expect The Fed or maybe JFK?

I don't care how eccentric he is as long as he makes what he made whenever he does and its good.:tup:

You want customer service? :D
Like "Wow I'm on my ninth relacement after 30 hours this time, but the customer service is just great!"
Rolf.:rofl:

You got de mad scientist, :borg: Ryan, who has come up with the coolest new vape. :wave:

Great!
Who cares how long it takes as long as it's good! :clap:

You should forget smoking weed in your vapes!
Weed is for learning to be nice opening your hearts not badmouth people and learning to be patient.
Hip actually. :nod:

Oh but then again you are not cool you're patients..
:leaf:
ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom