Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Tommy10 : tried rotating your stem between hits? If your hot spot(s) is/are off-center it can help even things out. Also try spending more time in the "clearing" phase, that is, when you continue to draw after having released the trigger. You can continue drawing for a surprisingly long time due to the heater inertia.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Speaking (again) of 'the other bs'... CS.

I am still waiting for mine, but Sheila got back to me and said my unit was sent around may 7th.

So, before other locals who have received theirs, and BEFORE I had even paid my extras invoice...

So props to RBT and co.

Hopefully, the postal service get their Shit together so I can start having fun.

hackslasher

I'm also waiting anxiously. Orders same day as oogendoogan so hoping have soon. That rep on here said was expected ship last week, but pretty sure that didn't happen so really hoping get before the long weekend, as think that be perfect time to break in a new vape

Oogendoogan

I'm also waiting anxiously. Orders same day as oogendoogan so hoping have soon. That rep on here said was expected ship last week, but pretty sure that didn't happen so really hoping get before the long weekend, as think that be perfect time to break in a new vape
I hope you are international.. If you ordered the same day as me hopefully it's from the same batch of units, mine is sexy ;)

TheRobbo

Yeah, really it doesn't matter, I personally feel more secure with flat negative end up, protection for the more exposed + contact

Interesting I tryed my bat in +end down and it sat up and the angle of the copper tag combined with the flat end made it not make contact. If I pushed down against the spring it would but I dont want to compress the spring that much... When I get around to getting the pic mod which will probably need a fatter washer it will change the angle of everything and it will more than likely work. No biggie works +side up so moot really.

Tommy10

Tried rotating stem, I can't tell if it's hello or not... Bought some 18-14 reducers, but the 14 male sits too high on the unit then, Havnt got a screen in to try it yet, but I assume it would need lots of heat.

Tommy10,

Bandoo

Based on the notion that a customer can expect good service OR a good product?
Both would be ideal one would assume.
Yes you are right, both would be ideal.
I personally don't care if the inventor is Dr. Frankenstein as long as what he created is awesome.
Customer service you forget about if you finally get a great product. But a lousy product you never forget.

Awaiting a milaana here in Zion.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Was being careless and broke my short stem. But so vaped I'm chillllll about it

Seems RBT's store no longer has any and Planet Vape doesn't have any in stock yet.

Such sadness.

I'd suggest submitting the warranty form or something anyway just in case, especially since there's nowhere to order em right now :2c:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Cashed my load my blowing off a balcony, and sent my screen flying. I have an extra, but I wish PV would finally get some accessories up. Been checking daily. I also need the stem caps but it's a $10 minimum so I'm waiting for the extra screens to fill that gap.

Oogendoogan

So glad I grabbed 6 of the screens; I was gonna order the caps but had the same issue.. gonna need another short stem as well so I'm going to wait. It's my only reliable water tool with silicone for now.. The adapters I am receiving are no dice so far. I hope OGB comes through..

Shannock

Following the same principle, you can completely ruin your cells with the Mi, there's strictly no over-discharge protection. In my alpha Zion which had no protection like the Mi, I once drove my cells down to 2.45V and while it was a bit anemic, it was still producing vapor...

I know it's a pain but you need to check your cells voltage often. If they are below 3.6V when you start, you should be cautious: either recharge them or closely watch how much you need to preheat and stop just before there's a significant increase.

Thanks for the concern but I wouldn't take them too low, if anything I check my charge far too often!

I ran 5 stems on my first battery and changed it out reading 3.78v so decided to try 6 on the next battery and that still read 3.70v when changed out!

Good advice though, some people don't realise 18650's have the potential to cause real injury and damage!

:peace:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Finally got the finish I was looking for, some cherry infused beeswax, many coats, much fine sanding. The *stressed * look suits my work horse .
FpcgXQv.jpg

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I got a box of goodies from @Ratchett yesterday and it has made my Milaana experience even better. The products I got were an 18mm funnel, two 18mm stands, two 18650 battery caps and some sample screens.

18mm stands - These are great for people who are concerned about their stems rolling away. They obviously fit with the male side down, but they can also hold the stems upright for loading, which is made much easier with the 18mm funnel. The funnel is great and almost perfect for RBT stems. It can fit an ISO male which leaves a gap between the ledge of the stem and the funnel. However, it isn't a big deal and has helped make loading the stems very easy.

The 18650 battery caps won't ever be used as battery caps for me because I have other cases, but they are perfect for capping a stem for on the go. They fit a big more snugly than the red Evo caps, but I think either would work.

On top of that, the screens might have been the best part of my order. I am a big fan of the style and I think they are also almost perfect. I will definitely be getting a screen press once they are available. I'm not using the stock screens at all right now because I much prefer the Ratchett screens.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Finally got the finish I was looking for, some cherry infused beeswax, many coats, much fine sanding. The *stressed * look suits my work horse .
FpcgXQv.jpg

Ohhhhh... that's purdy!! I've got about 4 coats of coconut oil on mine so far, and it is looking nice. Much more natural hue though, which I'm also liking.

Cherry infused beeswax? Was this a home-brew or something you purchased? Might be nice to add a bit of tint to mine. Haven't added any beeswax to my coconut oil, yet. Planning to do that on the next/last 3 or 4 coats.

FWIW, I sanded with 220 grit before I started oiling. The grain came up really nice, and didn't take much at all to knock down the slight ridge I had on one side where base connects to unit. Then hit it with some steel wool to make it really smooth. Also, do a light steel wool buff between oil coats. Overkill probably, but want a nice satiny finish.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Ohhhhh... that's purdy!! I've got about 4 coats of coconut oil on mine so far, and it is looking nice. Much more natural hue though, which I'm also liking.

Cherry infused beeswax? Was this a home-brew or something you purchased? Might be nice to add a bit of tint to mine. Haven't added any beeswax to my coconut oil, yet. Planning to do that on the next/last 3 or 4 coats.

FWIW, I sanded with 220 grit before I started oiling. The grain came up really nice, and didn't take much at all to knock down the slight ridge I had on one side where base connects to unit. Then hit it with some steel wool to make it really smooth. Also, do a light steel wool buff between oil coats. Overkill probably, but want a nice satiny finish.

I just added some fresh cherry juice / pulp into my beeswax... 180 grit, down to 320... might try steel wool and do another coat or two of a clear coat.
Is that special coconut oil?

Edric al-Fali

Got my Milaana a while ago. Still playing with it. So far, I like it. I think I cracked the inside bowl a little the second day when it fell over onto its stem; still works the same tho. Two people combusted out of it, but I never have. Am working on a review soon; might also make a separate one comparing it to another wooden vape.

Anyway, my biggest concern is that I never got instructions with my Milaana. Everything is self explanatory, so I never concerned myself. I look online some time later and find instructions and it turns out that I have been putting my battery in backwards. Can I damage my Milaana like this? Would it be dangerous now, to start putting the negative side on the copper? Does the Milaana even care? I remember back in the day, you could power a light by doing this, but not on the production models.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Got my Milaana a while ago. Still playing with it. So far, I like it. I think I cracked the inside bowl a little the second day when it fell over onto its stem; still works the same tho. Two people combusted out of it, but I never have. Am working on a review soon; might also make a separate one comparing it to another wooden vape.

Anyway, my biggest concern is that I never got instructions with my Milaana. Everything is self explanatory, so I never concerned myself. I look online some time later and find instructions and it turns out that I have been putting my battery in backwards. Can I damage my Milaana like this? Would it be dangerous now, to start putting the negative side on the copper? Does the Milaana even care? I remember back in the day, you could power a light by doing this, but not on the production models.
Milaana does not care. She goes both ways.

According to the update, Zion pre orderers can still purchase the Milaana with the homie hookup price. Sorta wanna sell my OG for a new production. Or have both. But I'm poor. Hmmmmm

And yes! Manual manual! Looks good, but it's unregulated ;)

Oogendoogan

Milaana does not care. She goes both ways.

According to the update, Zion pre orderers can still purchase the Milaana with the homie hookup price. Sorta wanna sell my OG for a new production. Or have both. But I'm poor. Hmmmmm

And yes! Manual manual! Looks good, but it's unregulated ;)
Dang man I really wish I had a Zion pre order, really hopped on all of this too late.. I'm really going to be trying to figure out how to get me one in like a month.. with the milaana and my huge Dynavap order coming in. Plus some expenses in my life. Fucking police... Nothing serious but that's going to be as much money as a Zion so I'm going to wait till next month to try and make a move and get one.. Just hope the price isn't gonna be insane by then from whatever retailer I'm getting it from.. Maybe/hopefully some preorders will sell theirs and I can pick one up? We will have to see. Still loving my Mi. She proved to me last night that she can give me some of the best flavor I've had. Broke out some SFV OG I've been saving for a while.. That's like my favorite strain from growing up in Cali, used to pick it up from every club I went to.. Like if they had some decent sfv I was grabbing it.. HTC was my favorite place forsure. This stuff reminds me of that stuff and I'm in Pa so that's some bomb shit for me right now haha. I used my lotus, SSV, and milaana and honestly the milaana took the cup in flavor and efficiency by far :) really easy for me to judge with a bud I'm so used to.. The SSV gave me a longer hit, looked more visually pleasing but the effects weren't greater from the same amount, if anything the SSV eats more bud. Now saying all this I don't usually vape shwag.. Just stuff without names so idk how it's supposed to taste lol. Anyways thought I'd share my experience. Really love that I can get flavor or power or go for in between with this thing. As long as the batteries are above like 3.8 I feel like they really don't even affect it. So it's become predictable and easy to use. I feel like reading that manual might mess me up lol.
Cheers everyone
Stay vaped and have a great day :)
Edit: Zion may need to wait in line longer. Look at stickybricks on puff it up!!! Think it's triihouse brought back to life ;)

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Well I finally made contact with the RBT mothership - someone on FC provided me with Sheila's email address and I got a next day response.

I guess that Charchol is not really meant to function as a CS point of contact but rather just as an account for the manufacturer's spokesperson......just guessing on that of course since it has been a week now since my initial PM without a response, whereas Sheila responded the next day - 2x even to clear up my queries.

I learned that my Milaana order has not yet shipped, but at least with the newer production improvements, when it does ship I should get the recessed glass female joint as well as the sexy new screen :tup:

So there is some benefit to having to wait a little longer and having had to sit on the sidelines and hear from all the FC'ers about how great the Milaana performs.

In the meantime, my Supreme V3 is never ceasing to amaze me! I was very skeptical when I first saw the photos of the Supreme since it doesn't look the prettiest, and also looks very rudimentary - but the vapour quality and taste as well as the speed of extraction is absolutely incredible.

It also fills a different niche completely from the Milaana ......... so I am also really looking forward to getting the on-demand convection, "cordless log" style of vaporizer that the Milaana seems to be.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Got my mountain glass colored Chinese 18mm glass stems.
2x black - fits perfectly
2x Ming white - fits perfectly
1x green, no seal, wobbles
1x blue, no seal, wobbles
1x ember, fits pretty good

With an o-ring and the revised pick mod- so that it bends and presses the male joint slightly down and hold it securely in place- made the wobbly ones work nonetheless.

Here some piccasss:

Merry go round

Lzm5P72.jpg

Breakdancin` with sexy Mi - boo jah
e5csJi6.jpg

Had her pretty face all corked up.. Literally?... Ahem, of course... Not?
Anyways:D This cork is also from mountain glass and is a 19/23mm (IIRC).. About .45$. Fits rather loose than too tight, moves a little at the bottom end but stays in place. To keep the heater bowl clean.. Or whatever. I just had fun to think and play with it, after a damn good an intense session. a full batt is always very tempting.. I let myself go. And boom you're in a mellow race for the fast extraction hits. Accepted! I digress...

I found a semi nice case/pouch thingy for the Mi, originally some bicycle repair kit thing. It's a little tight but I managed to get it in there, button still has some room.. Well, most joyful it was, when I closed the lid of it and I read the label in bold letters:
PRO VAS
Hahaha. There is a god somewhere signifying me I'm on the right path..
This is a really nice cheer up. Thanks up there and greetings to karma.
Gonna try to snap a pic of it , could take longer tho cause I'm moving.

Life is good:peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom