Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hello Milaana people!:peace:

I knew, I would say so, but finally I can actually do that: I'm in love with Milaana!:love:
Just had my first tiny micro session.. Wonderful!
It's really so easy to get to know and play with the variables. Manual for the win! (I know, I know, Zions yet to come ;) )

Don't wanna talk stuff you peeps already know ... I'm joining this party late, but now I'm here pulling my pants off and showing you pics:cool::brow: ... Of Milaana of course! :D

Here's the result.. It was almost nothing. Arizer solo/air sized dome screen basket style
XjH459N.jpg

Thanks @Vape Dr. ! This is my revision. 0.81mm thick pic roughly cut to assure stem lock and park position in a discrete way (nope, color is not that unobtrusive:p)
JeQWTNE.jpg

Here you can see how it locks. It presses against the battery with the round shaped cutout, bends a little and locks the stem. You could make it prettier and better of course.
BTW Took a crafty CU screen - those are easy to bend, kinda coarse mesh - and did my intake mod... More leaning towards the final design, at least here I could make up ;)
H3JSDOc.jpg

My sexy beast has jug ears... Wait.. It's only one! ;)
Kind of a rough cut at the bottom. You can see her crack..:o. Can anyone tell, if this could be part of the vapor path if not sealed correctly with glue? I think I could suck air thru that crack...but if this compartment is not connected to the regular intake, I would not bother.
TZXygJW.jpg

Another perspective :ninja:
JIxslrd.jpg

This is what I see when I look down... Or am I shifting perspectives due to Milaanas work? :ko:
5v6lWw2.jpg

That's it for the moment. Fucking glad I'm finally here!! Backup is on the list.

Enjoy!
:peace:

EDIT: do mean to critize the imperfections.. I always wanted a unit built from the evil genius himself. I got one of those early ones. That's what I wanted. Getting her beautiful final twin sister later :)

Edit edit: 2nd micro bowl in, 2nd hit - next stop: flavor town!!! Choo choo..
Your unit is MUCH prettier than mine. Lovely! Mine also has her crack showing, as well as a few other members. Still not perfect yet. Glad you're as excited as the rest of us, thanks for the good pics!
Any one thinking they have a cool unit try grinding quite fine and tamp meduim firm with minimum gap between the end of stem and load. 5 sec heat from cold and really slow draw until you feel warmth then speed up draw a little till you feel the resistance of the load pack, keep at that speed for as long as you can maybe start to feather the button then off button to finish. If that doesn't get results then your maybe right about running cool.
I really feel the pack tighness has alot to do with the hit. Almost like you need the resistance to create a preasure difference between above and below the load to aid in transfer of heat? Although people have reported getting similar results with zero tamp... horses for courses alright.
Awesome description for how to bring out those higher heats. Couldn't have said it any better.
A slight tamp helps a lot with heat but it forces the air to want to pick the least resistive path which increases charring or hot spotting if not careful. Obviously air is always going for the least resistance, but the more resistance you add, the less options for air pathways. It does give some thick ass hits tho! Nice info.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
After going down to 3.56, sexy Mi decided to swap her panties- she got fresh yellow ones complimenting her pic that switches my elevated happiness on/off. Look how stunning she is. Tonight it's banana lady:
wXTDYeE.jpg

Geez, I'm vaked... Fucking good times. :peace:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
I'm sure many of you still have the 18M slides from combusting, and luckily many of them are 18M US...
I search through my boxes and stuff, and I found 2 already.
I'm going cheap vape/headshop store shopping later, and try to find any cheap 18M US jointed anything, it could be any downstem, any kind of perc will work, or bub mouth piece, slides of course...
On the other side, I was more concerned about finding myself an 18M14F reducer.

I'm planning on use a 14M US jointed anything with a screen as a bowl, I have a couple, but not the 18M14F reducer...
Please, if someone can do that now, and report how it works, could it be the micro dosage system that works too??
I'll post later as I get one from a cheap head shop or if I found one between my lost boxes...

Here's a photo of the 2 new stems. I already tried them and they work well. The bigger one has a thinner wall so the ID of the 18M is bigger. Lots of air.
fm6iH06.jpg

I'm probably going to use this small slide on the go. It even creates a different air pattern IMO while drawing. It has a glass restriction as a screen, plus the basket screen. I'm not seeing as many hotspots with this system IMO
m1x0jUU.jpg

This one is a little bit airy to my taste. And it even makes a whistling sound. It's nice you can see the vapor cloud forming in the slide. Having choices make it funnier...

GWmfAFn.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Finally man! It sucks that you got a fit and finish issue but it is isolated from the airpath so function seems all good at least. Nice use of the mods btw, I'd say you could fill warranty form to see about fixing button, but I am sure you won't want to wait without again like that... maybe once you have Zion or a second Milaana...?;)
That last is what I was thinking. Wait until your backup arrives and send it back for rehab. That button would bother me a little, and I'm a little surprised it shipped that way. The rest probably wouldn't bother me and shouldn't effect performance. I assume you can't hear any air from the bottom? If you do that's not OK either, of course.
And good mod work. :)

Tommy10

Still not 100% sure I'm getting the hang of this thing, I have seen big clouds out of it, but on the whole I think I'm getting better more consistent bigger clouds from the VC. Might just take a lot more mastering I think!

Oogendoogan

Still not 100% sure I'm getting the hang of this thing, I have seen big clouds out of it, but on the whole I think I'm getting better more consistent bigger clouds from the VC. Might just take a lot more mastering I think!
Yeah man it really is all technique.. Mine is a production model, from what I can tell at least. Minimal charring on the bottom. Well it's there but in a very exact line and it fades.. And the rest is flawless so idk. I just mean wood, button sitting, and the joint are all manufacturing quality. Anyways it had been working great but I just dropped it and I packed a stem to test it. No physical signs of dmg but tiny hits, on a brand new battery. Changed to an older batt and same results. Then I moved my screen but the newer batt back in and held the heater for a second, never do this... Just use draw speed. I almost combusted and actually was sure i sid by the cloud I got! Shows me that it's all up to how you use this thing and I was probably not doing things normal because I was so worried... Thank god Mi is ok! Would really hate to have to go without her ;)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I personally love the user preference! I can see how some people would prefer and easy mode vape and I guess that with this tech that's where the Zion comes in. For me this thing is great and I end up getting the effects and extraction I want no matter what the hits end up being like. But I am perfecting a method for milking a water piece and it really shines in this area. If I was in to lower temp vaping I would really be mad about not even having a Zion on order but because even with my nano or SSV I always go for the higher end, lvl 7 on nano at least, 3 o'clock on my surfer, this thing really produces higher temp vapor without much messing with the button. Prime to needed level depending on load size, grind, etc. and pull slow to start. You should be getting milky hits with this method and the only problem I would see would be if you wanted a lower temperature hit, which would include less priming and some feathering of the button. I guess different folks different stokes, especially when it comes to amazing high end vapes. I personally think I've found a great tool for me because of the milaanas ability to give me on demand in control, milky high temp hits that I truely enjoy. On my phone so can't do the two cents symbol lol. I think that this is about all I'm ever gonna have to say about evaluating this thing lol. I am in love and I hope my reviews and and opinions have helped others a bit if any. I will continue to enjoy my Mi and happily contribute and try to help others dial theirs in. No more reviewing this thing for me ;) just apprceation now :)

Love the user preference too, but for the opposite reason. Is really easy to get lower temp hits when I like - which is often when I'm on the go. You're right.... a little less priming, and a little more action on the button. Think this takes a little more practice and you can't rely on the heat of the vapor at your mouth as much. You just have to be careful and paying more attention, because if going for lower temps, it isn't as easy to feel.

Anyway.... have found versatility of the Milaana to be amazing!! IMO that's never a bad thing. Not only does it keep more vapers with different tastes happy, it allows us to go heavy or light or through water or whatever, however and whenever we like - all with the ability to make changes and adjustments quickly. Always a bonus in my book!

I tend hit mine upside down now or somewhat what at an upside angle so that the material doesn't fall into the heater screen on non-tamped loads. Similar to how I use my enano when dry. A bit awkward positioning, but it helps me get a better extraction (less stirring needed), since as you see in the video above you do get hot spots on this vape in one area more than others. It may be due to a tight pack as pakolo mentioned above. I prefer this method when I don't tamp down and go for temp stepping hits so I get the full low flavors before ripping it. thanks for sharing your experiences guys. That's what's great about this vape, you can really dial in to how you really want this one to work for you. Just gotta take some time to learn it.

Oh yea dropped it today on the bathroom floor, thought i had broke the glass portion of it. No damage at all. Got lucky this time!

As @Shit Snacks said it should all stay in place pretty well after the first hit. Same is true with the nano. Not sure if it is the heat, the draw, combination of the two making everything sticky and more compressed, or what. But, it always works as long as you get a good hit in first.

Not only is this very handy so you don't have to hold it inverted (or at a downward angle), it is very necessary if you're on the move. So if I'm headed out and want to take a loaded Mi, I load it up and take a hit. Then drop it into my bag (carefully and in a good spot for button and glass). Since I already took that first hit, the load is locked in pretty well unless I start tapping on the side too much or something.

Same is true if I load on the go. Take a hit as soon as you load, and you won't have much falling out of the GonG and into the chamber below.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyway.... have found versatility of the Milaana to be amazing!! IMO that's never a bad thing. Not only does it keep more vapers with different tastes happy, it allows us to go heavy or light or through water or whatever, however and whenever we like - all with the ability to make changes and adjustments quickly. Always a bonus in my book!

As @Shit Snacks said it should all stay in place pretty well after the first hit. Same is true with the nano. Not sure if it is the heat, the draw, combination of the two making everything sticky and more compressed, or what. But, it always works as long as you get a good hit in first.

Not only is this very handy so you don't have to hold it inverted (or at a downward angle), it is very necessary if you're on the move. So if I'm headed out and want to take a loaded Mi, I load it up and take a hit. Then drop it into my bag (carefully and in a good spot for button and glass). Since I already took that first hit, the load is locked in pretty well unless I start tapping on the side too much or something.

Same is true if I load on the go. Take a hit as soon as you load, and you won't have much falling out of the GonG and into the chamber below.

:nod: yeah I do it for hydratubes too, take a quick tiny tasty primer hit to seat the load, then back upright with the pwnt or HydraTree and take a few hits before repeating every stir (in my beta experience, production Zion heater amazingly does very even extraction without stirring using an ht, like better than dry somehow)

Tommy10

:nod: yeah I do it for hydratubes too, take a quick tiny tasty primer hit to seat the load, then back upright with the pwnt or HydraTree and take a few hits before repeating every stir (in my beta experience, production Zion heater amazingly does very even extraction without stirring using an ht, like better than dry somehow)

Interesting! Might have to try! Not big on stirring at all!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
The lighter/lower temp the hit, the less stirring needed for me. I'll wait til the end to really nuke it, so I'm still getting a few high tempers. But with water I stir every hit. No reason not to with all the tools right there for me.

Yeah... and big cheers to whoever first came up with the spinning the load tip. Have been having a blast with that and seems to make stirring unnecessary unless a really big load. :nod::clap::tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah... and big cheers to whoever first came up with the spinning the load tip. Have been having a blast with that and seems to make stirring unnecessary unless a really big load. :nod::clap::tup:

I think that was originally me, but could be wrong... I know @Vape Dr. took it to the next level here and popularized it for the masses... I've been doing it from the beginning in Milaana (with Zion before, where it is far less necessary now), though sometimes it doesn't necessarily matter and I can avoid stirring regardless, but still do it and feel it helps (even though I also do like to stir at least once to refluff and flip the load for taste... sometimes I'll add a bit of green to a nearly done load for that reason too...) Again the word versatile springs to mind :ko:

HD Springer

Ok I went to my ganagsta granny's house last night. And its official the mi has her special Rbt stamp of approval. The first few times she hit the mi she wasn't getting that full on hit. Yet. I mean she was getting hits but this lady likes to party. And more importantly she's a combuster by nature.

So I told her goddamn it quit pussy footing around and hit her like you mean it. And then pow it happened she started acting like good ol' granny hitting the Zi again.
And there you have it the mi has granny's gas pass of approval.
This is twisted for sure.

bounce5

Ok I went to my ganagsta granny's house last night. And its official the mi has her special Rbt stamp of approval. The first few times she hit the mi she wasn't getting that full on hit. Yet. I mean she was getting hits but this lady likes to party. And more importantly she's a combuster by nature.

So I told her goddamn it quit pussy footing around and hit her like you mean it. And then pow it happened she started acting like good ol' granny hitting the Zi again.

Glad to know there are grannies that you would want to take and show your Milaana to. :leaf::rockon:

little maggie

Hola FC:
I'm sure many of you still have the 18M slides from combusting, and luckily many of them are 18M US...
I search through my boxes and stuff, and I found 2 already.
I'm going cheap vape/headshop store shopping later, and try to find any cheap 18M US jointed anything, it could be any downstem, any kind of perc will work, or bub mouth piece, slides of course...
On the other side, I was more concerned about finding myself an 18M14F reducer.

I'm planning on use a 14M US jointed anything with a screen as a bowl, I have a couple, but not the 18M14F reducer...
Please, if someone can do that now, and report how it works, could it be the micro dosage system that works too??
I'll post later as I get one from a cheap head shop or if I found one between my lost boxes...

Here's a photo of the 2 new stems. I already tried them and they work well. The bigger one has a thinner wall so the ID of the 18M is bigger. Lots of air.
fm6iH06.jpg

I'm probably going to use this small slide on the go. It even creates a different air pattern IMO while drawing. It has a glass restriction as a screen, plus the basket screen. I'm not seeing as many hotspots with this system IMO
m1x0jUU.jpg

This one is a little bit airy to my taste. And it even makes a whistling sound. It's nice you can see the vapor cloud forming in the slide. Having choices make it funnier...

GWmfAFn.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...

Could you or someone explain how to use these small bowls. I have a collection of them and can't figure out how they work with a vaporizer. My plan is to see if someone will take them off my hands but I'm still curious about how you actually vape with it. Are you breathing in through the bowl itself?

Oogendoogan

I went to visit my great aunt with the Mi and 3 of her friends and her, all combustion users their whole life never really seen a vape, easily took to it and some of them were convinced we were smoking hash lol. (My aunt buys as much pot as me so it's not like they she has a low tolerance) just that vapor high and not even just that.. The milaana high lol. I don't think any of my other vapes would have work for 4 people who have never used a vape and combusted for 40+ years each.. I could see this thing making my aunt fuck combustion but she just can't see how someone pays so much for a MJ device lol. I told her about the VapCap ;) This thing is forsure awesome :)

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Could you or someone explain how to use these small bowls. I have a collection of them and can't figure out how they work with a vaporizer. My plan is to see if someone will take them off my hands but I'm still curious about how you actually vape with it. Are you breathing in through the bowl itself?
Hola FC and @little maggie :
I believe you're right!!!!
So much fun to have GonG on vapes, that's the best idea plus 18650 swappable batts. It really should be a GonG + KISS + all Male 14/18 US jointed standard, it will fit both US/ISO, right???? standard for portables at this time/era of vaping.
It'd make everything way easier. Less bulk. Plug in everywhere, in cars too if you need. Easy mods for novice/amateur/connoisseur.
If you need help PM/contact me or anybody else here with much more knowledge than me.
If you have a 18M14F US reducer and a 14M US jointed adapter or stem or else just try to use a screen the same way it will work for a regular Milaana stem and microload and go for it please.
Stay vaped...

Zangano Cruel,

Tommy10

Still not getting it I don't think, currently using short stem screen flat side down about 2/3 the screen high back. I either load a micro load and get very Whispy Vapor and the rest hot air. Or pack it and get two decent hits then nothing? With bud still green.
No idea what I'm doing wrong, after the first couple hits I can seem to hold the button down for a very long time, without even drawing that quickly, I'm afraid to draw any slower as it feels like it really should combust, but nothing but hot air... Put bud in VC and get two cycles. I can hold the button for 15+ seconds, taking back to back draws, with 5+ seconds in between and not seem to get much Vapor at all?
The first hit or two on a very packed bowl shows me it's got what I'm looking for, but I just don't know how I can put hot air through the bud and get no Vapor, but get Vapor with it in the vapcap. Even though it feels like I can hold it a long while, still trying not to as not to combust it. Also been swapping fresh batteries every stem to remove that variable.... Just can't seem to nail it.

I don't think I could sit my screen too much lower, anyone got any awesome micro load tips? I was hoping for single hit loads with 100% extraction, don't really want to pack enough for a session to see Vapor, I've seen others mention how good it micro loads but I seem to need to load .2's for clouds, would much rather be < .05.
Anyone tried a 18-14 female reducer and a 14m male as the stem? Could be interesting, this 18m male game is new for me, things are huge.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yeah that really sucks for the button. Is it screwed or glued? If it's screwed you're screwed... :shit:

If it's glued there might be some hope for self-servicing...maybe. But if you are in the US, if I were you I would return it at some point.
That shit appears to be glued and maybe screwed too...I have some pics from when I had my bottom open.

There is no hope is getting the bottom down without melting the glue and repositioning it and then re-gluing all withough detaching me wires...I hate my unflush button in all honesty!

295aj5d.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
Still not getting it I don't think, currently using short stem screen flat side down about 2/3 the screen high back. I either load a micro load and get very Whispy Vapor and the rest hot air. Or pack it and get two decent hits then nothing? With bud still green.
No idea what I'm doing wrong, after the first couple hits I can seem to hold the button down for a very long time, without even drawing that quickly, I'm afraid to draw any slower as it feels like it really should combust, but nothing but hot air... Put bud in VC and get two cycles. I can hold the button for 15+ seconds, taking back to back draws, with 5+ seconds in between and not seem to get much Vapor at all?
The first hit or two on a very packed bowl shows me it's got what I'm looking for, but I just don't know how I can put hot air through the bud and get no Vapor, but get Vapor with it in the vapcap. Even though it feels like I can hold it a long while, still trying not to as not to combust it. Also been swapping fresh batteries every stem to remove that variable.... Just can't seem to nail it.
I get that hot airy feeling when I pull too hard. Try tamping it a tad bit more and pulling slower but going easy on the throttle to make sure u don't combust.

Tommy10

I get that hot airy feeling when I pull too hard. Try tamping it a tad bit more and pulling slower but going easy on the throttle to make sure u don't combust.

That was my next problem, after fine fine fine grind, couple hits it all seems to compress and reduce the draw too much! Mmmmm! Haha.

Also positive news, found the screw on the top battery connector makes a nice tamer. Never had this much trouble with a vape, and I tend to prefer butane. Hate stirring and batteries, but don't want to give up, if it could consistently give bigger single hit loads than the vapcap I could deal with batteries and stirring, but I'm genuinely battling :/ wasted so much bud trying to hone this thing in, but the good hits I have got are good!

little maggie

Just want to do a reality check given the discussion on a different thread. Do you know where it's written that the battery has to be kept separate for security? Or is this s security issue that's been developed from experience here? Aiden is fairly sedentary so doesn't get a lot of public experience but I leave the battery in and since nothing is pressed against the button seems safe to me.

Plus Tommy10 I'm not sure why you have used a lot of herb trying out the Milaana. I think that the first hit from the vapcap is comparable to the Milaana. But the Milaana lasts a lot longer and with only a tiny bit. I use about an 1/8th teaspoon at a time.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

I don't think I could sit my screen too much lower, anyone got any awesome micro load tips? I was hoping for single hit loads with 100% extraction, don't really want to pack enough for a session to see Vapor, I've seen others mention how good it micro loads but I seem to need to load .2's for clouds, would much rather be < .05.
Anyone tried a 18-14 female reducer and a 14m male as the stem? Could be interesting, this 18m male game is new for me, things are huge.
Try a basket screen man. I get what your saying with small loads but i have gotten it done, one large hit through a water pipe, pretty full extraction with a basket load. With this thing I feel there are always the spots in the middle but my e nano always did a similar thing. I have honestly gotten best micro dose results with the basket, which IMO is harder to stir with and use etc. but if you just put the screen basket end up as high as you can and just pack that.. It's a pretty small bowl and if your holding the button for a couple seconds and then drawing slow with a tighter pack with this screen method and not getting close to the results you want, I would contact RBT dude. Now idk if this is not small enough for you? The VapCap bowl is pretty small but idk that basket isn't large..? Good luck man I really hope you can get the hang of this thing. I love having super control over my convection vapor which is why I use an SSV for desktop you can control heat so well with that wide open air path it has and the constant heat source. I have not turned it on since I got the milaana.. I hope for you to tune in this vape so it works like that for you man. Good luck.
Edit: posted too quickly, saw you've tried this and combusted, I feel like you gotta get the draw pretty much down to an exact type of thing. I always have with my SSV so it comes natural. Maybe focus on that more. Hope it works out and I'm jealous of your VapCap! Can't wait for my Woody :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom