The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Oh so black and clear are ok to use?

Also can we boil the bullet as well?

Dreamerr,

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
nice review dreamerr glad to hear about the smell test results. and interesting fill technique.

Rrose Selavy,

Dreamerr

I did edit if you missed the end. If you have any questions about silly stuff others don't do just ask. I am bored and do really strange things.

Shmoo

Well, just pulled the trigger on the PN with the WT! :rockon:
Unfortunately I can't use it for about 6 weeks, but I wanted to get it with the 20% coupon now, just in case GotVape decided to end the promotion early or something.
Anyways, thanks for all the help everyone! When I'm finally able to use it I'll give you guys my thoughts and contribute to the discussion.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
great review, dreamerr! I love the tube sucking idea...I will check that one out.

You crack me up with the statement that 45 seconds is ok but over a minute is painfully long! You've got some pretty tight windows you are working with, there! Reminded me of Brian Regan (comedian) making fun of people who don't have time to toast a pop-tart, but have to microwave it (for three seconds)!

Dreamerr

I think it is really about how long it takes me to unload from my car and load into my wheelchair. I want to be done or almost done when I finish loading. I start warm up when I pull into a spot so by the time I dress my dog and open my door I would have wanted to take at least one hit or more by then. So for whatever crazy ass reasons in my head and how I do things that 15 seconds kills me. That is why I liked the solo and INH so much and gave up daily use of the DV which also takes just over a minute to warm up. I guess that is my tipping point of agony.

If you think of it as stress. You can take so much when a person is bothering you or whatever but at some point they hit that edge....over 45 is my edge.

On another note it bothers me in the house as well cause if I turn on a vape by the time I finish loading whatever bowl I am using I expect a vape to be warmed up. I usually pre-load but when I don't it becomes a big issue. If I pre-load sometimes I forget I turned it on if I am home.

Ok I am a flipping nut case lets leave it at that but you can learn from my anal ways.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Dogman

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
I am just guessing but I bet TVB is right on the edge of battery technology. I imagine they would need to wait another generation before we saw a boost in battery like quite like that.

As far as getting the most out of the first two minutes goes... just make sure you load your bullet before you start heating up the unit, and when it hits the optimal temp; wait an extra minute. By that time its getting really toasty; and that's usually when I take my first pull out of my water tube.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
You may Boil your Mouthpiece with screen installed, it will not harm that plastic. You do not want to boil the tips, as they are a lower temperature plastic. FYI we have discontinued flavor tips for Pinnacle, new units will receive a black and a clear tip.

Thanks, engineering. One more question about cleaning. Can the mouthpiece and the tip be cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol?

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
3 Hours should be just fine. No matter what amount of time you do your first charge at, it will not "limit" the battery life. It may just make the charging indication confusing (being out of battery but then not blinking when on the charger) Once the battery is fully charged - regardless of when it is fully charged, the software will re-calibrate to allow maximum battery life.

We rate the full uses per charge at 4. Depending on how you use it, you may get longer life - consider it a bonus ;) everyone's mileage will vary.

You may Boil your Mouthpiece with screen installed, it will not harm that plastic. You do not want to boil the tips, as they are a lower temperature plastic. FYI we have discontinued flavor tips for Pinnacle, new units will receive a black and a clear tip.

This thing has taken on a whole new life when I learn things about my company off second hand info!! Noted: 1 clear 1 black tip from now on.

TherealVaporblunt,
Reactions: sxmokeUP

Dreamerr

Are there any battery experts in this thread? I just finished my max sessions after the debacle and I didn't get 70 minutes this time. I got 52 minutes. Is it possible that my battery got damaged? My other thought was that I had it unplugged since starting last night so maybe that is how much it loses when idle? All the other times I got 70 it was throughout one day coming off the fresh charge. This charge was 20 minutes last night...hours off have to sleep a little, and then the next 30mins and turned off while starting the what would have been the 6st session or if completed 60 mins.

Please I hope that my battery isn't damaged and just needs to be charged a few times to go back to my normal.

One more thought. Last night I charged for about three hours maybe a little more. I wonder if the over night charge does give you more?

Tweek

Are there any battery experts in this thread? I just finished my max sessions after the debacle and I didn't get 70 minutes this time. I got 52 minutes. Is it possible that my battery got damaged? My other thought was that I had it unplugged since starting last night so maybe that is how much it loses when idle? All the other times I got 70 it was throughout one day coming off the fresh charge. This charge was 20 minutes last night...hours off have to sleep a little, and then the next 30mins and turned off while starting the what would have been the 6st session or if completed 60 mins.

Please I hope that my battery isn't damaged and just needs to be charged a few times to go back to my normal.

I don't own a pinnacle, but when I am having issues with other units, or even my laptop for that matter, I find running the battery down till it cuts out, and then letting it sit for a nice long charge overnight will sometimes help reset things.

You don't want to discharge fully too often, but once in awhile it can help.

Tweek,

Dreamerr

Thanks tweek but I believe they said it was find to run til death because of how they have the protection. I hope we get an answer on that as well. Under normal circumstances I more then likely will need 40 mins but like the buffer cause depending how long I am out will need that 60 or 70. Out for five hours would be a definite 60. Nothing takes less then 3 hours to do since I am far from town.

Tweek

There is always the chance that the battery needs to "break in" so to speak. That would have to be confirmed by TRVB of course, but I know my PAX took a few uses before the battery was consistent. Hope it works out for ya!

Tweek,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Chill Dude

Thanks tweek but I believe they said it was find to run til death because of how they have the protection. I hope we get an answer on that as well. Under normal circumstances I more then likely will need 40 mins but like the buffer cause depending how long I am out will need that 60 or 70. Out for five hours would be a definite 60. Nothing takes less then 3 hours to do since I am far from town.

Dreamerr, Engineering stated on the previous page that expected charge time is 4 x 10 minute sessions (40 minutes). Sometimes you might get your 60 minutes, but according according to TRVB you shouldn't count on that every time all of the time.

Maybe you get a little more charge time because you use the low temp setting exclusively...

Chill Dude,

Dreamerr

That was my guess as well chill but I got 70 mins three in a row before the wrong charger. I was wondering if it maybe really takes 6 hours to fully charge. You know I will try it over the next few days for science:science: of course and to show sticks how anal I really am.

JoeKickass

That was my guess as well chill but I got 70 mins three in a row before the wrong charger. I was wondering if it maybe really takes 6 hours to fully charge. You know I will try it over the next few days for science:science: of course and to show sticks how anal I really am.
It's possible the high voltage affected the electronics but considering it got more than twice the recommended voltage I think 75% capacity isn't bad! Maybe see if they will exchange it if you have a good timeframe because the high voltage likely took some "life" out of the circuit too

JoeKickass

Considering they rubber stamped it...
Yeah but I love this guys style, reminds me of G from delta9,
no hint of subterfuge just honest and open :tup:
As always dreamer, if you have any problem I wil take care of it. Sorry if I caused confusion, I was just thanking him/her for answering questions as I was kind of getting blitzed. Anyhow, that's why I brought the engineer, now we know. Let me know if u have any problems

Dreamerr

I PM'd him but will do a full charge and see over the next few days what happens but when it comes to batteries and circuit boards as far as I was always able to tell you were one of the guys that knew what you were talking about. Maybe I should ask pipes or haywood. If you speak to them cause I haven't ever in PM can you ask them about this situation. I am sure you can explain it better then I could. TIA.

Dreamerr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
dreamerr...any chance you could turn the unit on a minute or two before you get out of the car? Then you would have a preheated and ready to rock PN every time.

Dreamerr

I do if I remember how close I am. Sometimes it is hard cause I need two hands to drive...hand controls. So unless I hit a light for long enough and remember it is hard. Even at a light I only have one hand cause other is on the break. It takes magic tricks sometimes to drive with your hands.

Dreamerr,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
Since I am going to be without my new found friend for the next few weeks still :uhoh:, (Damn shipping, I live entirely to far away from California!) I was wondering if anyone has any updates on the external battery question that has not been answered.

ZombiezAteMyDOG posted this a few weeks ago:

Has anyone tried this? I have a little bit of an electrical background (but by no means an expert - an expert would have fixed his new broken pinnacle himself!) and I think in theory the 5V 3A output "could work". My question would be does the pinnacle circuitry require a clean constant voltage, or could it handle the possible small voltage drops you might expect from an external battery charge. Maybe engineering or someone in the forum with more knowledge can jump in.

And Dreamerr as far as the battery there are so many variables when used in an application such as the pinnacle. Battery usage will change during every cycle. That's why your experiencing some 7 session charges and some 5. I am sure these batteries where tested to find average output at average amperage draw, and then rated at the lower end. I would imagine that's where TRVB/Engineering got there 4 session number from. Or they extensively tested out the prototype units and just giggled and said "we should tell them 4... yeah 4 sessions man!" :shrug:

I also have ordered an assortment of click caps that might fit the bullets. I will keep you guys updated if they work out. In the meantime I will continue to live vicariously thru your good reviews and fondly remember my one night with the pinnacle. I don't know if I can make it much longer. The old MFLB doesn't have the same charm as she did before the pinnacle. You know it's hard to go home to the wife sometimes when the 21 year old college chick was hitting on you at the bar! :cool: Oh and in case your reading also that's a joke babe, I love only you. :tup:

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I do if I remember how close I am. Sometimes it is hard cause I need two hands to drive...hand controls. So unless I hit a light for long enough and remember it is hard. Even at a light I only have one hand cause other is on the break. It takes magic tricks sometimes to drive with your hands.
Lol dreamer you are silly, I love reading your posts, give me a new sense of things. Before you read I'm not criticizing, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. You cant remember to turn your unit on at a light or before you get out of your car, but you time every session down to the minutes? and anything 45 sec is too long? I don't have hand controls but I do stick shift a very high torque car in traffic with a hot coffee on the phone, and using a solo and/or thermovape dart every morning. With concentrates things happen faster I can become pain manageable in under 30 seconds! I hope your unit is ok, but I really think I agree with joe and lovinlivinlife. Batteries are not consistent things. These are vapes that get hot and wear out batteries, they aren't flashlights or simple kids toys. It's a new world out there, I'm just glad there are so many manufactures ready to play. Good luck girl.

Dreamerr

Oooooooooooh my friend kush I think you should know by now I can't count or time stuff. This was a really really really hard effort to do this. I had a pencil in the bed and had to make the tic mark as I turned the vape on. I only timed the warm up about three times cause I really do lose track however I have noticed since starting to use vapes that I have this point when I am saying ok already. That is about at the 45 second mark any time I remember to look no matter which vape it is.

As far as hand controls it is a little different then a stick. I drove a stick for years and loved it cause it gave me something to do in traffic. With a stick your hand is not going to slip off the break which has happened many times and once I did bump someone who did make a federal case out of it. Also with a stick once you shift your hand is free. With hand controls one is always controlling speed and one is steering and the third hand is using directional and stuff so it is a bit different. Now when you use cruise control then all is good. Also if you need to stop whatever is in your hands gets dropped cause you have no choice one on the wheel and one on the controls.

Bottom line is I forget everything and after tomorrow I will not make this effort to count sessions which is way easier then time. It is hurting my head. Time was only important to know if I can make it out on an errand. And yes I am silly and very much nuts. Kush just get ready to meet my crazy ass self.

lovinlivinlife thanks:)

chad

stickstones, Medical Mark, Dreamerr, Carlos, and everyone else, thanks for your reviews. I'm really considering ordering a Pinnacle and reading your opinions is incredibly helpful. I wanna hear SliM's opinion too, to round it out. SliM, I'd like to hear your thoughts about the Pinnacle vis-a-vis the Pax and Inhalater. These are really the only three vapes I'm considering right now and I know you've already spent time with the other two.

It's amazing how much deep vaporizer knowledge I've been able to absorb, without ever having owned or used one, thanks to his forum. Shit is nuts.

Top Bottom