The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You can get shorter session times out of it, but you gotta mess with it a little. I find that tamping down the load helps a lot, even during the session, its easy to pop off the cap, ram and replace. If you wish to reduce session times preheat, load less, stir and tamp. Doing this with water tools I have been able to cash loads quickly and exhale larger vapor streams that travel along the ceiling like they should. It really is a robust little device that is friendly to different techniques :)

t-dub,
Reactions: Crohnie

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I threw mine in a bag with my meds and the charger. When I came back it was on. So it is easily turned on when floating around with other objects. It might be a good idea in future models to update the firmware so it takes a longer depresson or maybe a double click to turn it on.

deadheadbill...I prefer the PN to the VB2 all day long. For me, it hits better longer, cooks the load evenly and not too much, is smaller and tastes better. But the VB2 has a longer battery and does oils.

trvb...I'm really interested to see what SlightlyMedicated thinks of this thing at the higher temp. If he is satisfied with this unit on high, you may not need to chase down the higher temps with a Pro version. The more I use this thing, the more I think there is nothing left in the duff already.

Belgianvapor

I don't want to go too much side ways from the forum but can anybody tell me what the different sensation is between the low and high setting on the pinnacle?
I've been getting really sleepy but also really energetic while using it on high so I think that had probably
more to do with the strain in stead of temperature.

Belgianvapor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't want to go too much side ways from the forum but can anybody tell me what the different sensation is between the low and high setting on the pinnacle?
I've been getting really sleepy but also really energetic while using it on high so I think that had probably
more to do with the strain in stead of temperature.

the first post in this thread has the two temps. I think it is 180 and 190 C?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I also want to chime in on temp and medical needs. So far I am pleased with the Pinnacle on this front. Its hard to look at my Cloud, and not use it, so that I can test the effects of the PN . . . Also, since I take several powerful drugs like Toradol and Stelara, my needs can fluctuate quite a bit. After an IM injection of Toradol my need for cannabis is reduced by about half for a couple days so my experience lacks the consistency to be anything more than an anecdotal opinion on my part . . . ie "worthless" to you guys . . . but report I will . . . :rolleyes:

SliM will shed some light here.

Belgianvapor

I just noticed, when I put the pn on and it was heating, that I heared a few "clicking" sounds, I have heard it before. The unit is still working perfectly and delivering marvelous results, just curious if anybody else hears it. (it's not wet herbs or anything that you can hear sizzling)

Belgianvapor,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just noticed, when I put the pn on and it was heating, that I heared a few "clicking" sounds, I have heard it before. The unit is still working perfectly and delivering marvelous results, just curious if anybody else hears it. (it's not wet herbs or anything that you can hear sizzling)
Yes mine does this as well. Seems to me to be just a little thermal expansion going on . . . at first I thought the device was somehow regulating the airflow, but I don't think so now . . .

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Well I may have the first bad unit or the person that said I can use the dv plug was wrong. I hope it is the latter. So to remind you what happened. I charged the PN with the DV charger and only got two bullets. I recharged last night for many many hours and took it out today for it road test. I got ONE bullet and it died. It is now recharging on the PN charger. So both charges on the DV gave me two bullets and one bullet respectively. I truly hope the chargers are just not compatible or I have the first failed unit. I am glad I had a back up cause nobody wants me out unmedicated and one bullet wasn't even going to get me through an hour let alone five.

Sorry I am to mad right now to look but whoever asked about the heat dry it is between the INH and the Solo. It does irritate your throat more so with the standard mouth piece then the pong.

Dreamerr,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Anyone care to comment on the difference in cloud production between using the PN "dry" in comparison to using it with the Water Tool? I didn't get the WT so I use my PN dry.

Crohnie,

Dreamerr

For me I do better without the water tool but I am just not a water person. I can control my hits better because of the feedback you get.

Another thing on the person that asked about the heat...sounds like you are running your vapes very hot so that would be rough on anyone with that dryness. If you like that kind of heat a WT is imperative with any vape for you.

Dreamerr,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yeah the WT wipes out all feedback from the device, thats why I'm using a reducer to connect to my Devastator, that way I can see the vapor production. Once I get all the experimenting done, reverting to the stock water tool should be fine.

Dreamerr

I actually looked in the mirror to see if I can see the vape but I guess my lightening is bad so couldn't see the vapors. Well you know my lighting is bad based on those fresh and abv pics.

Dreamerr,

Engineering

Manufacturer
Well I may have the first bad unit or the person that said I can use the dv plug was wrong. I hope it is the latter. So to remind you what happened. I charged the PN with the DV charger and only got two bullets. I recharged last night for many many hours and took it out today for it road test. I got ONE bullet and it died. It is now recharging on the PN charger. So both charges on the DV gave me two bullets and one bullet respectively. I truly hope the chargers are just not compatible or I have the first failed unit. I am glad I had a back up cause nobody wants me out unmedicated and one bullet wasn't even going to get me through an hour let alone five.

I am not sure about what charger the DV uses, but the Pinnacle needs a 5V 3A power supply. If the DV is running a different voltage (say 9V) the charger chip will shut down and try to protect the battery. If the voltage is too high it will destroy the Pinnacle. It sounds like the former, so try charging on the Pinnacle's Power supply and let us know if it starts working properly again.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Just did my first sesh with some kick ass high grade. :evil: Filled the bullet halfway and tamped it down to about 1/4 of the bullet's length. I do that because otherwise the herb as a whole can rise up to the top of the bullet right up against the mouthpiece's screen decreasing air flow a bit.

Actually, I did two sessions with the high grade on low. I'm so vaked after using that tiny amount, I needed to stop. I'm all giggly with anticipation about finishing off the bullet on high. :ko:

Dreamerr

I will thanks engineer. It was one of the members that said the car charger and the dv charger were ok for the PN. I shouldn't have listened. I am charging now so we will see. I will use it till it dies recharge and do it again for a more reliable result.

toros23

Pinnacle owners - Just curious, when you shake your Pinnacle can you feel something heavy in there wiggling around? I am guessing it is the battery because it feels like something heavy. It does not make a noise and doesn't move much but I can feel it nonetheless without a bullet loaded or a mouthpiece attached.

Aside from that, all I can say is I am very happy so far after my first bullet. Plenty of vapor with a medium grind on the low setting, once I dial in my grind and technique it will only get better. ABV is nice even brown throughout.

Aside from power button issue already brought up, only problem I foresee is dealing with the bullets on the road. I don't see an easy way to get them out without simply turning the unit upside down - which also dumps ABV if packed loosely. Perhaps it would be better if there was a way to remove the bullet and mouthpiece at the same time??

Really happy with my purchase so far, looks like my Pax is gonna move to backup role.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Pinnacle owners - Just curious, when you shake your Pinnacle can you feel something heavy in there wiggling around? I am guessing it is the battery because it feels like something heavy. It does not make a noise and doesn't move much but I can feel it nonetheless without a bullet loaded or a mouthpiece attached.

Aside from that, all I can say is I am very happy so far after my first bullet. Plenty of vapor with a medium grind on the low setting, once I dial in my grind and technique it will only get better. ABV is nice even brown throughout.

Only problem I foresee is dealing with the bullets on the road. I don't see an easy way to get them out without simply turning the unit upside down - which also dumps ABV if packed loosely. Perhaps it would be better if there was a way to remove the bullet and mouthpiece at the same time??

Really happy with my purchase so far, looks like my Pax is gonna move to backup role.

I wouldn't suggest shaking your pinnacle. The battery and the circuit board are both loose but snug in there I do believe

TherealVaporblunt,

toros23

Haha.. Not shaking it on purpose! Can just feel something moving around in there and wanted to know if it is normal.

TRVB/Engineering - I have a quick question. Searched the entire thread and see it has been asked but could not find a definitive answer. Can we charge and/or run this with USB port? I have a USB cable with correct adapter for PN and when I plug it up I get solid blue light (battery is full now) just like when I use DC adapter that came with my PN. I understand it could take longer to charge via USB but this would be very useful.

toros23,

Dreamerr

Update, the PN is still charging but I pulled the DV plug to give you specs and also move it away from my bed.
DV plug, I don't understand this stuff so I am just copying,
Input-AC 100-240-50-60hz 1.0A max
Output- 13.5V a line with three dots 2.5A

Whatever that means hope it helps someone from my mistake.

Dreamerr,

Engineering

Manufacturer
Update, the PN is still charging but I pulled the DV plug to give you specs and also move it away from my bed.
DV plug, I don't understand this stuff so I am just copying,
Input-AC 100-240-50-60hz 1.0A max
Output- 13.5V a line with three dots 2.5A

Whatever that means hope it helps someone from my mistake.

That means it's a 13.5V output. DO NOT USE WITH PINNACLE That voltage is right on the borderline of destroying the unit. Hopefully your unit will recover. Sorry that you had to be the one to discover it.

Toros23: We are investigating that, but I do not think it will be an option, mainly because (opposite of Dreamerr's problem) it could blow up your computers' USB port. Also, yes that is the battery, some of them will shift slightly, don't worry your unit is not defective ;)

Engineering,
Reactions: toros23

Dreamerr

Who ever told us that you can use the DV chargers beware. I am going to look and see who it was. I am so dumb for just believing someone. I am using it now it just finished charging. I hope no damage as well cause I was getting 7 sessions.

Dreamerr,

toros23

Toros23: We are investigating that, but I do not think it will be an option, mainly because (opposite of Dreamerr's problem) it could blow up your computers' USB port. Also, yes that is the battery, some of them will shift slightly, don't worry your unit is not defective ;)

Okay, thanks! No concerns at all regarding the battery wiggling when I shake the unit - accidentally.

Regarding USB, I was mainly wanting to use a portable usb battery pack to take on the go for a quick charge or top-off. When I am near a computer I will usually have easy access to AC power so do not need to use a computer USB port. I know another member posted same desire to use a portable USB battery pack and I think this is best solution while traveling since we cannot carry spare batteries.

If we can do this, it is a bonus for sure but certainly wasn't expecting this type of functionality when I pulled the trigger on this great little device.

Top Bottom