Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I use many devices so here's my take for what it's worth:
The BENDER is not a driver.
It's for fun!
Their are many options for Flowers (you call it herb)
For SHATTER the HERCULES SR74 is the best.
I've done Flower and Wax mixed and it works.

However FLOWERS by themselves?
All in one?
There is no such thing is their?
I agree the bender does offer crazy flavor but not a daily driver. I love my SR-71 but I have not tried flowers in it...then again I have not tried oil in my bender....hmmm.:brow:

DieHard,
Reactions: ataxian

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I just want to take a moment to publicly thank Naomi for her help with getting me a Hercules. Thanks to everyone else who has helped me this week, especially @Sleepin in CA, @Caligula, etc.

I did not need or really want a Persei, but have been curious about "pens" and how they would fit my lifestyle. Even though I destroyed my first cart the very first night I used it, I am still very positive about Persei. This has a lot to do with the company and the people here.

Now, I am anxiously waiting for my 7.4 hercules to arrive some time next week. I'm a little intimidated by it, but I know you guys are here to help me and answer my (numerous) questions!

Right now I'm going to pack my Pax with some Cindy99 and go do some laundry and look for some nice wood. Happy Sunday all!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
so not enough video evidence or first hand accounts to verify, but im on the verge of purchasing an sr 74 for my persei... how well does it vape herb? the only response ive seen so far is the bender is better. im going to run mostly oil but herb occasionally and i was hoping sr 74 to be the magic bullet.
I have all three rods, the 3.7 blue rod that was supposed to be for flowers, the 3.7 black rod that is available now and the 7.4v sr71 white rod.

The 3.7V blue rod never worked for me. It got hot but i couldnt get any vapor. No matter what i did. I believe vitolo made a video using his and got some decent results but thats the only person i know of that has. I dont think this rod is available anymore anyway though

The 3.7V black rod is designed for oil but can do just herbs. I wouldnt recommend it as your only option though. It can be frustrating to achieve sub par results compared to other vaporizers designed for herbs.

The sr71 white rod will burn if you just throw flowers in there however it works well with both oil and flowers on top if you throw a screen in there.

Getting ready to run the gauntlet!

They are ALL loaded, and I'm gonna see how far I go before I pass out. Then start over tomorrow!

Love my life, and the products g comes up with!

20140301_230133_zps1i68fqfd.jpg
If you wouldn't mind, can you break down what I'm looking at in your picture? It's been really hard to get relative size comparisons of the various configurations or products. Thanks much!

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I live!!!

If you wouldn't mind, can you break down what I'm looking at in your picture? It's been really hard to get relative size comparisons of the various configurations or products. Thanks much!
From left to right you have....

A purple wand(two persei bodies) with hercules (wearing a nibbler xl suit for the glass bubbler), then a standard purple persei with a hercules attached, then another standard persei with a kiss cart on it, then a long (18650) super stealth tube and double top black persei with kiss cart, then my nibbler xl (goes over first hercules to make a bubbler) sitting on a stand I made for it, then my black super stealth with black single top and the okeanos (kiss cart bubbler) on it, and finally my mismatched super stealth (purple bottom silver double top) with two 2.4 carts and a 2 to 1 silicone doible tip.

Hopefully this makes sense!

=)

@Tstat glad to help bro. Super stoked to have you here. Wait til these dudes see the accessories you come up with! Lol

I live!!!

From left to right you have....

A purple wand(two persei bodies) with hercules (wearing a nibbler xl suit for the glass bubbler), then a standard purple persei with a hercules attached, then another standard persei with a kiss cart on it, then a long (18650) super stealth tube and double top black persei with kiss cart, then my nibbler xl (goes over first hercules to make a bubbler) sitting on a stand I made for it, then my black super stealth with black single top and the okeanos (kiss cart bubbler) on it, and finally my mismatched super stealth (purple bottom silver double top) with two 2.4 carts and a 2 to 1 silicone doible tip.

Hopefully this makes sense!

=)

@Tstat glad to help bro. Super stoked to have you here. Wait til these dudes see the accessories you come up with! Lol
This was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to list it out. I'm leaning towards an O-Phos or Omicron to start off with, but can definitely see myself ending up with a Persei eventually.

SsY

I just want to take a moment to publicly thank Naomi for her help with getting me a Hercules. Thanks to everyone else who has helped me this week, especially @Sleepin in CA, @Caligula, etc.

I did not need or really want a Persei, but have been curious about "pens" and how they would fit my lifestyle. Even though I destroyed my first cart the very first night I used it, I am still very positive about Persei. This has a lot to do with the company and the people here.

Now, I am anxiously waiting for my 7.4 hercules to arrive some time next week. I'm a little intimidated by it, but I know you guys are here to help me and answer my (numerous) questions!

Right now I'm going to pack my Pax with some Cindy99 and go do some laundry and look for some nice wood. Happy Sunday all!

you are going to be super happy with the herc. like everyone else i started off with with just one little omicron now have that a perci(with the double top), herc, nibXL, the core, hammer top and the only issue i ever had is with is my own habitual over packing. every single time i get a new W9 product i always end up getting over excited and end up waisting a bunch of product and then spending the next couple of hours really getting to know it by having to clean it and start all over. the herc takes a little time to get the hang of but once you do you'll never look back!

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
the only issue i ever had is with is my own habitual over packing. every single time i get a new W9 product i always end up getting over excited and end up waisting a bunch of product and then spending the next couple of hours really getting to know it by having to clean it and start all over.

Don't feel bad I STILL do that too!

=)

Ricardooayee

I packed my sr-74 the other day I only used one coil. I melted some wax in and it was working amazing. I opened it up today and it was leaking into the bottom part of the sr-74. How do you guys pack the sr-74? Do I use both coils at once or put one in first then melt wax then put the other ? How do you guys melt it in ? Heat gun , torch , lighter , pulsing button ? Can you guys give me some tips on how to hit it and button holding? Thanks

Ricardooayee,

Caligula

Maximus
I packed my sr-74 the other day I only used one coil. I melted some wax in and it was working amazing. I opened it up today and it was leaking into the bottom part of the sr-74. How do you guys pack the sr-74? Do I use both coils at once or put one in first then melt wax then put the other ? How do you guys melt it in ? Heat gun , torch , lighter , pulsing button ? Can you guys give me some tips on how to hit it and button holding? Thanks

You usually only only get leaking if you overload the coils and/or overheat the oil by standing on the power too long.

And I always melt stuff into the coil by pulsing the power.

Vapvap

@nao12000
Have the Persei V2 special functions (lock button ON, etc. ..) ?
When I put the Persei on a holder or a table, it blinks 3 times, that means something ?

Last edited:
Vapvap,
Reactions: Tstat

Caligula

Maximus
It blinks because the batteries get jostled around a bit when you ser the Persei down. Its normal.

Caligula,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Like @Caligula mentioned, overloading is a no no. If your rod sits flush with the coil i would say about 0.5 is a safe amount to load but wouldnt go over that.

Jamming the button too long can also cause leaks but this shouldnt really be an issue if you follow these two simple steps....
1)Once you release the button, you want to keep hitting it for about 15-20 seconds with no power to properly cool it down.
2) always store your hercules on its side or horizontal.

If you follow those two steps you wont see any leaks anymore. Annoying at first, but becomes second nature after a few uses

Darb

Hey Im stil here !! just kidding.. good news we will have the rods and some other stuff released by Wed so by the end of the week you should start seeing shipping notices!!

HAPPY MONDAY!!
Will Planet Vape be getting SR-74 upgrade packages or Ti coils?

Last edited:
Darb,

Hedonismbot

G said its 2.1 to 2.5 most of them are 2.3 @Caligula

Thanks yet again, Naomi! Well I had estimated it would be 2.1 ohms which equals 30.5 watts of power at 8 volts. Since the nominal value of the SR-74 white rod is really 2.3 ohms that equals 27.8 watts (at 8 volts). That is just too low for my particular needs. But this makes me extra glad that I picked up so many 1.5 ohm SR-71 heating rods while they are still available (1.5 ohms at 8 volts = 42.7 watts).

@Hedonismbot Fair enough. My rod was set by G himself and it measured out at 1.7 so thats what I always shot for on my own. I assumed they were all the same. I guess not? Interesting.

Edit: I have a very early version. Does this matter? Oh and my DMM reads 0 when the probes touch (that sounds dirty).

The difference between 1.5 and 1.7 ohms is 42.7 watts vs 37.6 watts and I'll be happy with either value. I think this is just tolerance variations (rather than a delibarate design change).

Hedo

Top Bottom