Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@Tstat sorry your cart broke dude. Though the 7.4v do burn out (I didn't realize it came with a 7.4!). They really should box them with a 3.7v as they are near impossible to break. I hope it doesn't sour you, we have all been there at one time or another for something. I promise the 3.7v kiss carts can take serious punishment.

ED421

@Tstat sorry your cart broke dude. Though the 7.4v do burn out (I didn't realize it came with a 7.4!). They really should box them with a 3.7v as they are near impossible to break. I hope it doesn't sour you, we have all been there at one time or another for something. I promise the 3.7v kiss carts can take serious punishment.
This! I mash the button on my OPHOS and 3.7v Ti KISS combo until it times out and it's still going strong after 4 weeks and a bunch of grams. I know it's not the recommended technique but I'm trying to push it's limits a bit out of curiosity. Plus, it's only $25 bucks which is pretty cheap all things considered. But I will also chime in on the fact that the SR-74 is amazing! It seems a little intimidating at first but it was actually easier than I thought. I would say if you don't plan on ever getting the SR-74 you might as well get an OPHOS or Omicron rather then the Persei.

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Yes, its one of the things we really had to to think of to include 2x18350 or an 18650 . We try to warn people that it's a lot of power but with our Best accessories using the 7.4v it made the most sense to include the 7.4v set up.

The old carts also have a steep learning curve but they are again a disposable item so I normally suggest the sr74 .

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Yes, its one of the things we really had to to think of to include 2x18350 or an 18650 . We try to warn people that it's a lot of power but with our Best accessories using the 7.4v it made the most sense to include the 7.4v set up.

The old carts also have a steep learning curve but they are again a disposable item so I normally suggest the sr74 .

I think that having a 7.4v option and a 3.7v option would cover this perfectly. One box with two batts, one with one. New folks get the starter pack. Just a thought.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: ataxian

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
I think that having a 7.4v option and a 3.7v option would cover this perfectly. One box with two batts, one with one. New folks get the starter pack. Just a thought.
Do you think people would think that only need 3.7v or will everyone want more power and voltage hence Y they buy the persei. .I'm telling you we tossed this around for awhile before we redid the boxes ..

nao12000,

Hedonismbot

If it's an SR71 white rod it should read about 1.7/1.8 ohms when cold.

Last week I received 6 spare white (7.4v) heating rods for my 3 SR-71s (thanks again Naomi! :)) So I now have 9 SR-71 white heating rods total (3 original + 6 spare). 8 out of 9 measure very close to 1.5 ohms. The ninth one measures 1.7 ohms (slightly lower power). So I think 1.5 ohms is a more typical value for SR-71 white heating rods (at room temperature).

These measurements were done on my favorite DVM that does read 0.0 resistance when the probe tips are held together. Plus the measurements agree with resistance readings I get from the Iris for the 3 original rods. For anyone else measuring heating rod resistance make sure to hold your DVM probe tips together first and if there is any residual resistance subtract that from the reading you get with the heating rod.

Why would I want 9 heating rods? I plan to keep these SR-71s operating for as long as I can because I love them so much. Perfectly pairs with an Iris as I've written about before.

Hedo

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Do you think people would think that only need 3.7v or will everyone want more power and voltage hence Y they buy the persei. .I'm telling you we tossed this around for awhile before we redid the boxes ..
I understand the dilemma. Choice is good for consumers and hard on inventory. From a consumer point of view, I would like to have been able to put together my own kit on the website with all of the options that I need. However I say that after I know what I know now. As a new customer, choices are daunting. So as a retailer you have a hard decision.

DieHard,

Caligula

Maximus
@Hedonismbot Fair enough. My rod was set by G himself and it measured out at 1.7 so thats what I always shot for on my own. I assumed they were all the same. I guess not? Interesting.

Edit: I have a very early version. Does this matter? Oh and my DMM reads 0 when the probes touch (that sounds dirty).

Caligula,
Reactions: nao12000

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
I need more sr71 rods. I ordered an sr74 rod, but I am afraid I won't like it nearly as much as the sr71. Can anyone with an SR71 and a sr74 ROD ONLY (read sr74 rod in an sr71 unit) say if it is an actual improvement for the sr71? @ataxian looking at you bruh. Lol

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I need more sr71 rods. I ordered an sr74 rod, but I am afraid I won't like it nearly as much as the sr71. Can anyone with an SR71 and a sr74 ROD ONLY (read sr74 rod in an sr71 unit) say if it is an actual improvement for the sr71? @ataxian looking at you bruh. Lol
bruh? (my South African Surfer Friends called me that!)
I have a SR71 Brand New and the SR74 I use every day.
(White Rod's)

Mostly Shatter.
The Full Melt worked however my SHATTER taste amazing!

I'm not sure I'll need to try the SR71?
My OLD SR71 seemed to burn a little hotter than my SR74.
With the SR74 my stuff taste better.

For many taste or flavor doesn't matter as much as effect.
I like both equally.
What is your take on the SR74?
So Far it's easier for me and I haven't messed it up yet!
7.4V is crazy good power.
Since I now have a OMICRON and OPHOS I use the carts on those.
The PERSEI for the HERCULES and BENDER or DUAL TOP.
It took me a while to figure this out!

Right, wrong or indifferent!

Last edited:

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@ataxian do me a favor my dude. Take a sr74 rod and use it in the sr71. Then tell me how you like it compared to the sr74. That's what I'm trying to determine. If it's awesome, or sre the sr71 and 74 rods so close as to be negligable in the sr71.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: Darb

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@ataxian do me a favor my dude. Take a sr74 rod and use it in the sr71. Then tell me how you like it compared to the sr74. That's what I'm trying to determine. If it's awesome, or sre the sr71 and 74 rods so close as to be negligable in the sr71.
I thought the 2 rods were not interchangeable.:shrug:

DieHard,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian do me a favor my dude. Take a sr74 rod and use it in the sr71. Then tell me how you like it compared to the sr74. That's what I'm trying to determine. If it's awesome, or sre the sr71 and 74 rods so close as to be negligible in the sr71.
I don't get as detailed as you.
No offense I'm just lazy!
I messed up one my SR71's.
I find the SR74 easier to operate.
Like your avatar by the way!

"G" set the SR71 just perfect.
I'm afraid to take it apart!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@DieHard The sr74 rod CAN be used in the sr71. The sr71 rod CANNOT be used in the sr74.

@ataxian I understand. Though I'm surprised you're not pro at assembly by now. Either way, no worries!

Thanks, I love this pic too. I need to get a board mount for my GoPro, then I can have one where its actually me!

=)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@DieHard The sr74 rod CAN be used in the sr71. The sr71 rod CANNOT be used in the sr74.

@ataxian I understand. Though I'm surprised you're not pro at assembly by now. Either way, no worries!

Thanks, I love this pic too. I need to get a board mount for my GoPro, then I can have one where its actually me!

=)
Before I got ataxia not problem.
With my medical condition I depend on others to figure things out.
Artist stuff I still do.
Tecnical stuff like you, "OF", "G", @Caligula, @PhotoRider and the list goes on I learn a lot from.
Cannabis is my "HOLY GRAIL"!
The electronic gadgets are medical devices to me.

You guy's can work on them and I'll just use them!

Hedonismbot

I don't have a SR-74 7.4v white rod but I have tried to emulate the power level with my SR-71. Long ago G mentioned that the SR-74 rod would be about 30 watts (as compared to 40W+ for the SR-71) so I set my Iris to 30W (~6.8v) and used that power level exclusively for 3 weeks. I discovered that I could (a bit reluctantly) live with that power level and it tames the Hercules quite a bit. But, after that trial period I find myself usually using 32-35 watts.

So I think the SR-74 power level will work OK for people who don't use a variable voltage top with their Persei. My situation is that I like to use the Iris not only to tame the Herc but to get consistent power levels hit after hit all day long. If I vape at 30W/6.8 volts it takes many sessions for me before the batteries fall to that voltage and the Iris regulates the power very well until that point giving very consistent hits.

So for me, I wanted the extra headroom that the 40W sr-71 heating rod gave me to regulate it down to 30-35W for consistent hits. Does this make sense? (I am pretty medicated right now :ko:.)

ED421

All of a sudden I'm having issues with the coil in my SR74 rising up in the chamber. I was using the same technique and same wax since I got it but in the last week or so the coil (maybe both, I can't see the bottom coil) keeps rising up. Then when I have to push the coil back down with the tool I end up with a big mess squirting out the bottom! I've been trying to take softer slower rips, and I'm trying to heat the SR74 up slower but it hasn't helped. I'd bet user error plays a big part so any advice would be appreciated. I'm also contemplating ways to join the two coils so maybe they'll resist sliding more but I'm not sure what would be the best way. I could try and pull them apart a bit and try and join them together just with their own material. Alternatively, I could use some small wire to tie them together but I'm not sure what kind of wire would be good for that. Stainless steel, some of that stuff you guys are making carts out of, Ti? What do you guys think?

ED421,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Does this make sense? (I am pretty medicated right now :ko:.)
It does make sense! Believe I can invent pretty complicated stuff. However I feel that with "G" as the head engineer we are in good hands.
I like the POWER the PERSEI can reach. For the SHATTER I make it's perfect. People think I'm out of control however I know whats going on more than I lead one to believe.
Seriously Cannabis is my true passion. The W9 TECH medical devices help all of us enjoy CANNABIS and the CONCENTRATES created from it.

I learn from you guys.

I'm just correctly medicating!
The PERSEI helps us!

Caligula

Maximus
All of a sudden I'm having issues with the coil in my SR74 rising up in the chamber. I was using the same technique and same wax since I got it but in the last week or so the coil (maybe both, I can't see the bottom coil) keeps rising up. Then when I have to push the coil back down with the tool I end up with a big mess squirting out the bottom! I've been trying to take softer slower rips, and I'm trying to heat the SR74 up slower but it hasn't helped. I'd bet user error plays a big part so any advice would be appreciated. I'm also contemplating ways to join the two coils so maybe they'll resist sliding more but I'm not sure what would be the best way. I could try and pull them apart a bit and try and join them together just with their own material. Alternatively, I could use some small wire to tie them together but I'm not sure what kind of wire would be good for that. Stainless steel, some of that stuff you guys are making carts out of, Ti? What do you guys think?

When this happened to me with the cut 71 coils, Id find that preheating helped a lot, especially with more stable concentrates. If I didnt liquify the concentrate enough for air to pass through when I started inhaling, then the while coil would slide up.

bdmonkeyj3w

so not enough video evidence or first hand accounts to verify, but im on the verge of purchasing an sr 74 for my persei... how well does it vape herb? the only response ive seen so far is the bender is better. im going to run mostly oil but herb occasionally and i was hoping sr 74 to be the magic bullet.

bdmonkeyj3w,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Getting ready to run the gauntlet!

They are ALL loaded, and I'm gonna see how far I go before I pass out. Then start over tomorrow!

Love my life, and the products g comes up with!

20140301_230133_zps1i68fqfd.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
so not enough video evidence or first hand accounts to verify, but im on the verge of purchasing an sr 74 for my persei... how well does it vape herb? the only response ive seen so far is the bender is better. im going to run mostly oil but herb occasionally and i was hoping sr 74 to be the magic bullet.
I use many devices so here's my take for what it's worth:
The BENDER is not a driver.
It's for fun!
Their are many options for Flowers (you call it herb)
For SHATTER the HERCULES SR74 is the best.
I've done Flower and Wax mixed and it works.

However FLOWERS by themselves?
All in one?
There is no such thing is their?

Top Bottom