Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
I used the herc for the first time today and I have got to say it is amazing,the battery's last forever , the taste is way better than a dab and it completely kicked my ass. :D:tup::science:

The batteries last forever? I didnt think that new rod sucked so much less juice! The fuck, where are my SR74 parts already??? Damn government holding my preorder up...

thanks_obama-16196.gif

thevaf

Is that a vapin donut that you're using as a heating element?

yes it is. running at .4 ohms. This is attached to one of my mech mods. Definitely not something I would use because its just too much power. Waiting for the higher resistance batch and that will just keep me tinkering until I can get my hands on the real deal when its released by G.
I dont plan on actually using this, it was just a proof of concept for now. here is an action shot

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, whilst partying last night, my new toy stopped working. The light came on when pressed but the coil wasn't producing heat. I took the KISS apart on put it in ISO. Right now it's drying and the batteries are charging. I hope it just got gunked up or something...

Edit: I put it back together and it still doesn't work. I can't believe I fucking killed this thing in one day :(

Last edited:
Tstat,
So, whilst partying last night, my new toy stopped working. The light came on when pressed but the coil wasn't producing heat. I took the KISS apart on put it in ISO. Right now it's drying and the batteries are charging. I hope it just got gunked up or something...

Edit: I put it back together and it still doesn't work. I can't believe I fucking killed this thing in one day :(

Well that's a bummer. Be sure to place a support ticket via their website so a new one can be sent.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, well... I didn't buy it through the website. And I guess I broke it by using it too much yesterday, or putting too much shatter in it. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm not very happy and I don't if I even want to buy another KISS cart after this. And although everyone loves that Hercules, it looks pretty complicated. I still have it soaking in ISO and I'm going to wait until the west coast guys wake the fuck up and tell me what to do!

Tstat,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yea, well... I didn't buy it through the website. And I guess I broke it by using it too much yesterday, or putting too much shatter in it. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm not very happy and I don't if I even want to buy another KISS cart after this. And although everyone loves that Hercules, it looks pretty complicated. I still have it soaking in ISO and I'm going to wait until the west coast guys wake the fuck up and tell me what to do!

On the WEST COAST wake & vake with a BENDER is old hat!
I don't care I'm old hat!

ataxian,
Reactions: DieHard

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, I'm going with the EVO this morning. I'm so upset about my Persei :bang:

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, man. WTF? Another Persei freak! That's a lot of stuff! OK, here's the deal...

Yesterday was my first full day with it. I used it a lot. Later in the evening I dumped some shatter in the KISS. I'm pretty sure it was too much and that's what fucked it up. It was fine, shard like shatter, but nice and clean. I was hitting it in bed when all of a sudden I wasn't getting hits anymore.

I figured if I soaked it overnight the coils would recover. Obviously this didn't happen. ATM, I have it still soaking in ISO. Not sure what to do now. Is there a way to test it? Does putting too much product in cause them to fail?

Tstat,
Reactions: ataxian

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Wow, man. WTF? Another Persei freak! That's a lot of stuff! OK, here's the deal...

Yesterday was my first full day with it. I used it a lot. Later in the evening I dumped some shatter in the KISS. I'm pretty sure it was too much and that's what fucked it up. It was fine, shard like shatter, but nice and clean. I was hitting it in bed when all of a sudden I wasn't getting hits anymore.

I figured if I soaked it overnight the coils would recover. Obviously this didn't happen. ATM, I have it still soaking in ISO. Not sure what to do now. Is there a way to test it? Does putting too much product in cause them to fail?
Good morning from cali. . Still wiping sleep from eyes.. Ok I think it's done that kiss cart .. A couple things happen to break them and it's really part of the learning curve .. holding the button a Lil too long and over filling em. We are closed till Monday. You can call us on monday so we discuss some options or pm me ur info and I will call you when we get in. Please don't give up us on yet as with all vapes there is a learning curve..I do suggest the Hercules because once done with the learning curve it's pretty dependable.

You can also attempt to rebuild it like half the people here .. I have no advise or help on rebuilding that's too technical for me..They will be awake soon !

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

When I realized cannabis was better than PHARMACEUTICALS I read a book about using concentrates.
The author recommened the OMICRON and mentioned the PERSEI with more power under delevopment.

Not knowning anything at all I went out and bought a PERSEI.
I F^cked it up the first day!
I ranted and this guy name @OF chimed in and guided me.
2.4 carts to this day are still my favorite to use.
The HERCULES SR74 is 10000000000000000x better than a K.I.S.S.!
I like the K.I.S.S. however I'm waiting for the T2 version to come out!

Don't judge the PERSEI without trying the POWER 7.4V (2 x 18350's)

The HERCULES SR74 is why you have a PERSEI.

OMICRON for a K.I.S.S. is enough.

The EVO is a powerful vaporizer for Flowers just as the PERSEI is for Concentrates!

PERSPECTIVE!

Last edited:

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Oh, yea I realize that, man. Mine does use the two 18350's. I was fucking loving this thing for most of day! It was powerful and tasty. I knew I put too much shatter in it, but I didn't think that would kill it.

Tstat,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
When I realized cannabis was better than PHARMACEUTICALS I read a book about using concentrates.
The author recommened the OMICRON and mentioned the PERSEI with more power under delevopment.

Not knowning anything at all I went out and bought a PERSEI.
I F^cked it up the first day!
I ranted and this guy name @OF chimed in and guided me.
2.4 carts to this day are still my favorite to use.
The HERCULES SR74 is 10000000000000000x better than a K.I.S.S.!
I like the K.I.S.S. however I'm waiting for the T2 version to come out!

Don't judge the PERSEI without trying the POWER 7.4V (2 x 18350's)

The HERCULES SR74 is why you have a PERSEI.

OMICRON for a K.I.S.S. is enough.

The EVO is a powerful vaporizer for Flowers just has the PERSEI is for Concentrates!

PERSPECTIVE!
Ataxia we released the t2 kiss but we sold out of the 7.4v we only have the 3.7v till next week some time .

nao12000,

Vapvap

Take a magnifying glass and look at the wire, I bet it's cut like mine (and I never push the button more than 1 second, and only put little dab in it). This thing haven't any warranty.
It's for that my brother take it and repair it with kanthal wire and ss mesh for the wick (the original ceramic wick broke when he took it apart, very fragile)
It's not a big deal for us because my brother ordered Persei + Hercules SR74 (you can trust Ataxian, it's the top :love:), and more (Nibbler XL and Bender). The Kiss cart came with the Persei, but what we really want was Persei/SR74, not Kiss cart. For us, Kiss cart is like a "gadget", nothing close to the Hercules.

My brother explained HERE how to repair it, and if you find Ti wire and ceramic wick, you will have like a new one ;)

Vapvap,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Tstat dont judge the hercules until you get one. I agree from the outside it looks extremely technical and complicated. Once you get it and put it together once youll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use and service yourself. And if you need any help taking it apart or putting it back together plenty of us here can help you out!

StickyShisha2

If it's an SR71 white rod it should read about 1.7/1.8 ohms when cold.

thank you,

and what about the black rod for 3.7v? the first one i got was "defective" but works great at 6v. i got another recently, but haven't checked it on an ohm meter yet.

added:
@Tstat dont judge the hercules until you get one. I agree from the outside it looks extremely technical and complicated. Once you get it and put it together once youll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use and service yourself. And if you need any help taking it apart or putting it back together plenty of us here can help you out!

i haven't held a 74 yet but the 71 is a great design. just a few simple machined parts that hold a hearing rod. use a tool to tighten that nut.

Last edited by a moderator:
StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Caligula

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Here is what it looks like this morning, LOL

1606365_1400873570173312_1718106266_o.jpg
Between @Vapvap 's video and the mini tutorial I posted 1-2 pages back it is very easy to rebuild this thing. But I would wait to see what @nao12000 and W9 may be able to do to help before tearing into it. I found the wire, not Ti but NiChrome, and the ceramic wicks online. You may be able to find them at a local E-Cig store. Those things are popping up everywhere.
Don't lose hope I fried one too in the beginning but I come back for more.
I am also firmly on the Hercules bandwagon. Mine is a 71 but I am pretty mechanically inclined. The learning curve is there but the REWARDS are many. The 74 is supposed to be much more user friendly.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
The wire are crossing :(, no good

Yep and upon closer inspection, broke. I guess I just need to decide what to do. I'm not going to give up an this thing yet, so here are my options with no warrantee:

Buy another 7.4 volt KISS cart and try to be more gentle with it ($20)
Buy a Hercules ($100)
Try to find an older style cart (?)

NAO12000 suggests I get a 3.7 KISS to practice with. I guess I just fried the fucker.

Tstat,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
3.7 KISS with the omicron is my daily driver. If you have 18650 battery. Or SS kit and 18350 battery 3.7 KISS will make you very happy.:ko:
If no warranty rebuild is cheap and easy.

DieHard,

Caligula

Maximus
I beat the shit out of my 3.7v carts. No issues yet. It was literally my own fault that I broke one while cleaning... and that one lasted me a good 3 months and vaped almost and eighth of oil in its life.

Of course you cant really kill a Hercules. The SR74 is the better long term investment IMO.

Top Bottom