Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

d3n5ity

Hey everybody! Longtime Omicron & Persei user and have never had any problems until now. I recently quit cigarettes and only wanted to use one PV for both medicinals and e-juice. After deciding to stick with my Persei I have purchased several CE4 and 350mL tanks from w9 and they work as well as expected but not to my satisfaction which lead me to my scenario. Let me explain...

I was using an AW IMR 18350 in SS with persei single cart top. I am also using a 601-510 thread adapter(bought from w9) to a Kanger Aerotank (dual coil @ 2 ohms). It worked fine for quite a while and then the battery housing became very hot and stopped producing vapor. I stopped using it immediately. The blue indicator light would no longer light up in that configuration. I proceeded to do some trouble shooting.

My top works fine with my original Persei housing with an 18650 as well as 2 stacked 18350's(the same batteries that won't work in the SS).

The top does no longer works with a 18650 SS.
The top does no longer works with a 18350 SS.
Also, the 601-510 thread adapter is not snug on the 510 side; When a clearomizer/cart is threaded all the way it is able to be tilted/shifted. Has been that way since received.
The e-juice tank works normal on both my Persei original Body and 510 batteries.

My questions are this:
Does this mean the Persei SS Bottom Cap needs to be replaced? Its the only component I was not able to trouble shoot.
What would cause this to happen?
Will there ever be a 510 top for e-juice users?
I have the older Persei (#194), does this make a difference?

Thanks for all the help and sorry about the lengthy post.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Does this mean the Persei SS Bottom Cap needs to be replaced? Its the only component I was not able to trouble shoot.
What would cause this to happen?
It sounds like you have it figured out. The spring in the bottom cap is a safety mechanism designed to permanently compress if there is a short in your circuit. A short would also create heat.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Had a dream I scored a free SR71 today. I wanted to check the rod with my multimeter but never got around to it and woke up before I could even use it :cry:

Quetzalcoatl,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@Vapvap @DieHard I love you guys! I just rebuilt my first kiss cart with 100% success using Vapvaps method, and Diehards walk through. So stoked right now. Even found my old burned out okeanos cart, and im rebuilding it next. Fuck to the yes.

:rockon::spliff::party::cheers::freak::tup::clap::science:

Edit.....one thing to note.....using Kanthal 32ga A1 w/13.75 ohm/resistance.....your rebuilt carts all operate on 7.4 volts. My new okeanos 7.4v cart kicks some serious ass too btw. Who needs a warm up rip now?! Lol. The taste suffers, but omg the rips are fucking huge. Also havent had a clog yet. I think the extra heat makes a huge difference in preventing clogs.

Last edited:

masaki

I wanted to give you guys an update we are finalizing the persei mechanical mod protype. It is being manufactured now for testing .. So new stuff coming very soon !I
May I ask what's the purpose of a mechanical mod persei vs a protected persei?

masaki,

itschad

any chance the upgrades and coils will be out by the 20th?

Id love to take my herc to the local music fest

itschad,

Hedonismbot

Itll fix those dead spots in voltage that the Iris can't hit with the protected unit. Or something.
Actually the voltage dead spots are built into the standard top I believe as part of the protection circuit. The Core variable voltage power supply uncovered these dead spots in the standard top. The Iris has nothing to do with this issue and doesn't have these "dead spots" (it had other issues tho).

Hedo

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
How to swap a dead okeanos kiss cart for a stock kiss cart (any kind).

1. Remove pin from the bottom post of the OKEANOS kiss cart (save this you will need it), just pop it out with a slim dabber/flathead screwdriver.
20140304_220823_zps9rioh6lw.jpg

2. Repeat the same process for the stock kiss cart

3. Insert the OKEANOS center pin into the stock kiss cart taking care not to move the wire in the center next to bushing.
20140304_220934_zpsgyqgmflw.jpg

When finished it looks like this...
20140304_221035_zps7f6h4cbg.jpg

Now go use your (once again useful) Okeanos!

=)

Edit....the benefit here is.....an okeanos kiss cart (or modded kiss cart to okeanos cart) can be used in the okeanos, or by itself. Whereas a standard kiss cart cant be used in the okeanos without this mod.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
How to swap a dead okeanos kiss cart for a stock kiss cart (any kind).

1. Remove pin from the bottom post of the OKEANOS kiss cart (save this you will need it), just pop it out with a slim dabber/flathead screwdriver.
20140304_220823_zps9rioh6lw.jpg

2. Repeat the same process for the stock kiss cart

3. Insert the OKEANOS center pin into the stock kiss cart taking care not to move the wire in the center next to bushing.
20140304_220934_zpsgyqgmflw.jpg

When finished it looks like this...
20140304_221035_zps7f6h4cbg.jpg

Now go use your (once again useful) Okeanos!

=)

Edit....the benefit here is.....an okeanos kiss cart (or modded kiss cart to okeanos cart) can be used in the okeanos, or by itself. Whereas a standard kiss cart cant be used in the okeanos without this mod.
Hey when are the T2's going to be available?

GetToTheChoppa

Really excited there should be a Persei and Hercules in the mailbox today. I feel a little like a poser because this is my first vape of its style. Decided to spend more for a higher quality product thanks to the advice on this forum. Normally i like to start small and basic and work my way up so i appreciate things more.

So far i read the very first 10 pages of the thread, then read the last 10 pages backwards. I got to the video of the Hercules assembly and watched it a few times. What a cool little device!! It left me with lots of questions and i apologize if i already read the answers but didnt realize it.

1. Are we supposed to heat cycle a brand new Hercules by holding down the button for a somewhat long period of time with no oil on the coil?

2. I have never loaded wax onto a coil type of atomizer. I think i read something about "priming" a brand new coil. Im sorta viewing the coil like a sponge. The first time around do you need to get the sponge completely saturated? If yes roughly how much oil does it take? (i have Blue Dream Crumble Wax that i got on sale, 2G for $50. I remember reading the quality of product matters. It came from Alpha Medic in SD so the quality should be decent even though its on mega sale)

3. I medicate alone and the plan is to use small amounts of oil at a time. Can i put a small BB size wax on the Herc coil? For some reason im worried about loading too much wax into the Herc. Lets say i load a bunch and puff on it daily. By day 4 wont the product inside have been heated and cooled down a bunch of times and maybe lose potency or flavor?

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Really excited there should be a Persei and Hercules in the mailbox today. I feel a little like a poser because this is my first vape of its style. Decided to spend more for a higher quality product thanks to the advice on this forum. Normally i like to start small and basic and work my way up so i appreciate things more.

So far i read the very first 10 pages of the thread, then read the last 10 pages backwards. I got to the video of the Hercules assembly and watched it a few times. What a cool little device!! It left me with lots of questions and i apologize if i already read the answers but didnt realize it.

1. Are we supposed to heat cycle a brand new Hercules by holding down the button for a somewhat long period of time with no oil on the coil?

2. I have never loaded wax onto a coil type of atomizer. I think i read something about "priming" a brand new coil. Im sorta viewing the coil like a sponge. The first time around do you need to get the sponge completely saturated? If yes roughly how much oil does it take? (i have Blue Dream Crumble Wax that i got on sale, 2G for $50. I remember reading the quality of product matters. It came from Alpha Medic in SD so the quality should be decent even though its on mega sale)

3. I medicate alone and the plan is to use small amounts of oil at a time. Can i put a small BB size wax on the Herc coil? For some reason im worried about loading too much wax into the Herc. Lets say i load a bunch and puff on it daily. By day 4 wont the product inside have been heated and cooled down a bunch of times and maybe lose potency or flavor?
1) it wouldnt hurt to heat it up a fee times before you use it. Or even do an iso soak and rinse if you really worried.

2/3)
You really need more than a bb size for the hercules to work properly. Even with my rod sticking slightly above the coil (probably as small of a coil you would want/need) you need about .2g buffer and then another 0.2-3 to vape so .5 total. Adding the buffer is the priming part. Throw .2-.3 in press the button and give it a few puffs. Then you add the 0.2-0.3 you want to vape. Taste only diminishes if you let it burn. When it takes longer to get clouds or you cant get clouds add more.

Sounds like the K.i.s.s is more of what your looking for...

Last edited:

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Hey when are the T2's going to be available?
Not sure man. Normally I'd tag G, but I havent heard from him since a day or two after his surgery, and with his account being dead.....who knows. I'm beginning to think hes not coming back to the forum.

=(

@GetToTheChoppa man is it gonna be an awesome day for you! You're best best (as mud said) is to use about a .5 at a time. .3 to prime coil, and .2-.3 to vape. Dont worry about loss as if you're heavy on the button the oil will collect in reclaim chamber. With proper cool.downs though you should be fine. The herc is awesome in that its a load it and leave it device. Load it and forget it.until its tasting a bit like metal(coil), then reload and start over. When draw becomes affected (or after afew days) pop her open and clean bottom reservoir. Then start over. If you get stuck, just ask.everyone here can rock a herc just about.

For small, quick loads......grab a 3.7v kiss cart. Totally idiot proofed, and fun. Think atmos pen attachment done right. One that ACTUALLY kicks ass.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus

I dont have time for a proper post right now however I'm sure there are about 3 or 4 people who will chime in with help sooner rather than later. That being said, if youre in SD id be glad to help out in person if it ever comes down to it.

...and now back to work. Sigh.

Not sure man. Normally I'd tag G, but I havent heard from him since a day or two after his surgery, and with his account being dead.....who knows. I'm beginning to think hes not coming back to the forum.

=(

IIRC, Its just a temporary vacation.

Top Bottom