Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
:smug:Happily Bent.

Diggin the 'bed of abv with a healthy-helping of kief' method.

I've left the same .8 in the Bender for the past couple days and have just been adding a litter here and there.

The ABV is dripping with goodness when you get it up to temp. At this point its so saturated, I don't think I could combbust. The color has been very slow to change as well.. Definitely helps the taste in the long run.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey everyone, I have been lurking here for a bit and had a few questions about the persei. I have been thinking about picking one up as an upgrade to my micro g.
First question I had was about the cartridges that come with it. I was worried about the 5 ohm on 7.4v. How hard does that hit? Would it be a good idea for me to pick up a 2.4 ohm cartridge to run on 3.7v as my everyday cartridge and only use the 5 ohm @ 7.4v for when i want huge rips?

Also, will running the 5 ohm @ 7.4v use oil faster than at a lower voltage?
I buy a 5 pack of 2.4 cartridges for my daily drivers.
5.0's are powerful and I use them sometimes.
I think "OF" would be better to answer your question regarding consumption.
The 2.4's are my favorite!

Playing with the HERCULES V1 and some TAFFY.
2 x 3.7 AW's.
A bit too powerful!

Don't be encourage by my shenanigans!
We really need the V2!

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Scott G

Ridin Dirty
Hey everyone, I have been lurking here for a bit and had a few questions about the persei. I have been thinking about picking one up as an upgrade to my micro g.
First question I had was about the cartridges that come with it. I was worried about the 5 ohm on 7.4v. How hard does that hit? Would it be a good idea for me to pick up a 2.4 ohm cartridge to run on 3.7v as my everyday cartridge and only use the 5 ohm @ 7.4v for when i want huge rips?

Also, will running the 5 ohm @ 7.4v use oil faster than at a lower voltage?

The general consensus seems to be learn with a 2.4ohm cart @ 3.7v. Many people have burnt their oil and or carts up with the 5ohm's that it comes with and then they are irate that it happened when it's clearly user error. I say if your already into dabbing start with the 5ohm's, never press the button more than about 2 seconds at a time and get some plastic tubing or something that fits over the cart so you can VISUALLY SEE THE VAPOR that you are drawing. That is fucking KEY to learning how to use this device. Once you understand how it produces vapor in correlation to the button press and your draw, your golden and can ditch the tubing.

edit- yes the 5ohm @ 7.4v uses oil faster than a 2.4ohm @ 3.7v
- the 5 ohm hits hard if you want it to. a 1 second button press i feel produces a small hit. you want a huge rip, cycle that button.

thought my 5ohmers were out of oil, charged the batteries and took another toke for fun and got CHOKED OUT, I love it! i've been hitting the 5ohm carts with 1 second on 1 second off cycling for 4-5 cycles and it's produces just like my rig. v2 herc + nibbler made to fit is what my future needs!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
thought my 5ohmers were out of oil, charged the batteries and took another toke for fun and got CHOKED OUT, I love it! i've been hitting the 5ohm carts with 1 second on 1 second off cycling for 4-5 cycles and it's produces just like my rig. v2 herc + nibbler made to fit is what my future needs!
Scott you inspire me!
5.0 cart of SHATTER
FLAVOR, FLAVOR, FLAVOR TASTE better than anything so far taht I have medicated with!

ataxian,
Reactions: Scott G

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
OK my Ataxian inspired pollen pellet. Neapolitan ice cream. Since I don't have Hercules yet I tried in an Atmos RX/Raw - right :( No way it that works so unill then its the ice bong and combustion.

2 gram of blonde keif, 1 gram of mix ice hash and 0.5 gram wax. Loaded in press, heated with torch. Its a big sleeping pill.

Oh, here is a tip, in the kitchen area of my local variety store i found this large 11x16" non-stick baking mat. Its the same stuff as the wax mats the shops sell, but much bigger and cheaper. The brand I got was Aemarle "silpat" made in France $16.99 :)
pellet-1.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OK my Ataxian inspired pollen pellet. Neapolitan ice cream. Since I don't have Hercules yet I tried in an Atmos RX/Raw - right :( No way it that works so unill then its the ice bong and combustion.

2 gram of blonde keif, 1 gram of mix ice hash and 0.5 gram wax. Loaded in press, heated with torch. Its a big sleeping pill.

Oh, here is a tip, in the kitchen area of my local variety store i found this large 11x16" non-stick baking mat. Its the same stuff as the wax mats the shops sell, but much bigger and cheaper. The brand I got was Aemarle "silpat" made in France $16.99 :)
pellet-1.jpg
OK THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!
Looks like sleeping medicine.

PhotoRider

OK I'm getting a pollen press when I get a Hercules. I am convinced. I should also get a pollen box I guess
or just use keif and don't waste the bud in a screen. maybe make ice keif...

A note on pollen presses. (See the pic below).
Left to right. The T-Bar (more $$$) a screw together - a larger one, a Home Depoe special, and another smaller screw together. Also shown is what I use: Hash, BHO and Kief.

The two screw tops range from $20-$30.

The T's range $30 up.

The Home Depoe cost less than $10, basically a brass 1/4" gas pipe tube and two end caps. I bought a 3/8" steel rod and cut two piece off to use (wish they had brass). You could cut another smaller one to adjust fill sizes like the screw top types, the T has a long screw. Only issue with the brass Home Depoe special is the threads are coarse. Maybe you could find a finer thread small diameter tube there, but I just use a vise to squeeze it together. More pressure anyway and I can heat it while I add more pressure. Under heat it compresses much more... I did clean it a few times before use. BTW - if use have a vise, skip the end caps and just use the vise and longer rods. The caps cost extra :D
pellet-2.jpg

While you are at Home Depoe or the hardware store of your choice, grab a brass 1/4" brass pipe tee as shown in this pic below. I connect up two sources to my bubbler. When I am really in need I grab the Persei with dual and the Omicrom 7.4V - now 3 5 ohmer's. I put myself back in orbit quickly. Sometime you need an extra boast because you have a short runway - like a C131 on a grass strip. Oh I must be medicated.

pellet-3.jpg

kittyboy

or just use keif and don't waste the bud in a screen. maybe make ice keif...

Left to right. The T-Bar (more $$$) a screw together - a larger one, a Home Depoe special, and another smaller screw together. Also shown is what I use: Hash, BHO and Kief.

The two screw tops range from $20-$30.

The T's range $30 up.

The Home Depoe cost less than $10, basically a brass 1/4" gas pipe tube and two end caps. I bought a 3/8" steel rod and cut two piece off to use (wish they had brass). You could cut another smaller one to adjust fill sizes like the screw top types, the T has a long screw. Only issue with the brass Home Depoe special is the threads are coarse. Maybe you could find a finer thread small diameter tube there, but I just use a vise to squeeze it together. More pressure anyway and I can heat it while I add more pressure. Under heat it compresses much more... I did clean it a few times before use. BTW - if use have a vise, skip the end caps and just use the vise and longer rods. The caps cost extra :D
pellet-2.jpg

As a IRS agent I wonder if you are asking for tax deduction for all of this equipment.....We need to get our attention off the Tea pARty and go looking for the Weed party....:leaf:

Nice collection.... I don't know how u keep all the batteries and other accessories in order. But I know you must have a method to your madness.

kittyboy,

Erlman

One thing I forgot to ask was weather I should oxidize my cartridges before use? Sometimes I read yes, and sometimes no...

Erlman,

OF

One thing I forgot to ask was weather I should oxidize my cartridges before use? Sometimes I read yes, and sometimes no...

Please put my vote in the "NO WAY" category? Resoundingly.

Dry burns are to be avoided IMO. The chances of making it a little better for a short time (initial taste is all that's at stake) is bet against wrecking the seals (leaks down the road), fouling the taste for ever and loosing your goods as well as the cart it's in.

Not enough up side to balance the risks IMO.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

pellet-2.jpg
Bob Loblaw posted his quiver of DELTA NINE vapor pens. He is who got me into the quiver approach.
However you have taken vaporizing to a new level!
Now I need a new POLLEN PRESS! "THANKS"!

My last PELLET I did not use KIEF (Big Mistake). Will add a gram of KIEF to this gram of mess I made!

friedbanana8

Put me down for the "no" column too. I did the pre-oxidizing on my first few carts and i didnt realize until i skipped the pre-oxidizing that i messed up my carts in the process. I wrongly switch over to 5.0ohm'ers thinking the 2.4ohm'ers were weak in vapor production. When i got my nibblerx i decided to give the 2.4ohm'ers another try to experience the taste everyone was talking about with their 2.4ohm'ers and nibblerx. To my amazement this unpre-oxidized cart was spewing more vapor than my pre-oxidized 5.0ohm'ers. I put two and two together and have now skipped pre-oxidizing entirely. Pre-oxidizing=dry burn=BAD.
Do the filling correctly and the chances of getting a bad cart are pretty slim in my experience. I think ive only bought one cart that was bad to begin with which was a 5.0ohm'er that came with my original persei combo pack. IF you're worried about filling a dead cart you can always use a voltage meter to measure the ohms on the cartridge and this should tell you if its a good or bad cart.

OF

When i got my nibblerx i decided to give the 2.4ohm'ers another try to experience the taste everyone was talking about with their 2.4ohm'ers and nibblerx. To my amazement this unpre-oxidized cart was spewing more vapor than my pre-oxidized 5.0ohm'ers.

Excellent point. I too agree 2.4s and the Nibbler are a powerful combination, it just takes a bit of skill to get it to dance. I attached a short hose (stole it from the HA) to the Nibbler so I can watch the vapor in the top of it collect. This gives you real time feedback for how you're handling the heat. It varies some with concentrates, of course, but using the bulk heater to get the goods flowing well to the wicks by watching the production over a few 8 or 10 second draws as I watch the output gets it to the point of maximum production without overheating anything along the way. It might take me 20 seconds to set up the hit, but it's everything a growing boy could ask for when it gets here......

2.4s get passed over too fast by guys I think, and the Nibbler X is a powerful tool at several levels, put them together and you're in tall cotton.

OF

friedbanana8

It varies some with concentrates, of course, but using the bulk heater to get the goods flowing well to the wicks by watching the production over a few 8 or 10 second draws as I watch the output gets it to the point of maximum production without overheating anything along the way. It might take me 20 seconds to set up the hit, but it's everything a growing boy could ask for when it gets here......
OF

8 to 10 second draws? i myself have been conservative with the button. I always pulse the button a few times increasing the speed that i pulse it at to warm it up and then hold for 3 seconds. That usually fills up my nibblerx to the brim with milky vapor. I cant imagine the kind of hit you would get off of a 10 second draw. I'd probably get brainfreeze off of that. Im glad to know i can be a bit more daring with the button if I choose.
im still using my first unpre-oxidized 2.4ohm'er cart. Ive gotten about 100 hits for every 0.1g ive put in it and im just about done with the gram. I wouldnt be surprised if i broke 1000 hits by the time i use up this gram of bomb Larry OG. Damn, these things go forever man. Do you guys get similar results with your carts?

Erlman

Anyone have any tips for the noob? I am having a hard time getting mine going. I filled it and made sure the bottom part of the cartridge didnt get hot. I primed it and could taste vapor. Then I went in for my first hit and got a small one, then my second was not there at all... I tried a reprime a few more times and nothing. Even tried to clear the air tube with a pin. I put a little more oil in to see if that will help..
I hit it lighter than I would hit a cigarette.

Oh and I have a 2.4 ohm cart with my 3.7v battery

Erlman,

PhotoRider

Anyone have any tips for the noob? I am having a hard time getting mine going. I filled it and made sure the bottom part of the cartridge didnt get hot. I primed it and could taste vapor. Then I went in for my first hit and got a small one, then my second was not there at all... I tried a reprime a few more times and nothing. Even tried to clear the air tube with a pin. I put a little more oil in to see if that will help..
I hit it lighter than I would hit a cigarette.

Oh and I have a 2.4 ohm cart with my 3.7v battery
Carefully re-torch it. The wax has not dropped down to the coil yet. reheat, cool, reheat, cool. Then try again. Draw lightly, not hard that will clog the cnter tube. Did you test the wax with foil first to make sure it burns clean?

Ataxian - I see your press looks like mine with plier marks - soft metal hence th new brass...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you guys get similar results with your carts?

I drained a cart to make a POLLEN PELLET so I thought I killed the cart.
Soaked it in ISO and now it's acting as new?

I have mostly 2.4 carts.
However the 5.0's are working so well with the $60 a gram SHATTERS!
BLONDE HONEYCOMBS are $50/gr for the 2.4's!
Ataxian - I see your press looks like mine with plier marks - soft metal hence th new brass...
I need another couple of grams of kief to make them correctly.
My vise I use to make them.

I mounted it to the BUTCHER BLOCK MAPLE table top I planed and glued up.

ataxian,

PhotoRider

I drained a cart to make a POLLEN PELLET so I thought I killed the cart.
Soaked it in ISO and now it's acting as new?

I have mostly 2.4 carts.
However the 5.0's are working so well with the $60 a gram SHATTERS!
BLONDE HONEYCOMBS are $50/gr for the 2.4's!
Boy it sucks to be where you are :( The stuff in Portland is $25-30 a gram max. Maybe $35 for the really well reviewed shatter. I buy blonde BDHO for $20/gram in bulk -> 10g for $200. I found broken mixed bud for $90 an OZ (its not shake, its the broken up pieces from the flowers in the storage jars). Grabbed 5 oz so now to the BHO. Going for shatter - amber BHO using a multiple step process learned on the web. Wish me luck. I learned some big growers use a food dehydrator to process verses an alcohol wash. This is for shatter, not BDHO which I think must be vacuum dried. My concern is any whipped or processed BHO has a shorter shelf life - I read this several places. My experience matches this. O2 isn't good for BHO hence why they vacuum dry it.

The hash oil ce4 carts are $$$ though locally $60 for a CE4 with 1.5ml.

I clean carts by using the oven at 170 degrees in a glass dish. The wax melts out. Have not hurt the cart seals yet, but it may. Just testing. The centrifuge works well too with lower heat (heat gun putting hot air into the unit...)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Boy it sucks to be where you are :( The stuff in Portland is $25-30 a gram max. Maybe $35 for the really well reviewed shatter. I buy blonde BDHO for $20/gram in bulk -> 10g for $200. I found broken mixed bud for $90 an OZ (its not shake, its the broken up pieces from the flowers in the storage jars). Grabbed 5 oz so now to the BHO. Going for shatter - amber BHO using a multiple step process learned on the web. Wish me luck. I learned some big growers use a food dehydrator to process verses an alcohol wash. This is for shatter, not BDHO which I think must be vacuum dried. My concern is any whipped or processed BHO has a shorter shelf life - I read this several places. My experience matches this. O2 isn't good for BHO hence why they vacuum dry it.

The hash oil ce4 carts are $$$ though locally $60 for a CE4 with 1.5ml.
In ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA they have been closing down most of the Brick and Morter dispensaries.

The only one I know of is RITE GREENS in SANTA ANA.
Northern California or Oregon is going to have better access than SOUTHERN CA.

ataxian,

PhotoRider

In ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA they have been closing down most of the Brick and Morter dispensaries.

The only one I know of is RITE GREENS in SANTA ANA.
Northern California or Oregon is going to have better access than SOUTHERN CA.
The conditions are very diofferent here have CA. The supply and demand is reversed. More growers and supply than market. CA is much different. I have a good friend who owns a dispensary in Eureka. Much different than here. ISeems like there is a new dispensary opening up every month. Many just deliver to you home now. Cheaper than running a store front.

Ataxim - why don't you just use the vise to squeeze the press instead of holding it?

PhotoRider,

OF

Carefully re-torch it. The wax has not dropped down to the coil yet.

I'll second that, the most likely cause and about the only cure (short of melting it out)......

Heavy emphasis on the "carefully" part, several guys have messed up here. Keep your fingers on the bottom third of the cart and don't let it get more that 'a little uncomfortable'?

Next time, be sure the center part of the cart is quite hot before you move up to the top to heat the load. That's where it started, the barely melted goods hit cold metal and 'clotted' up right there.

OF

Top Bottom