Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I'll second that, the most likely cause and about the only cure (short of melting it out)......

Heavy emphasis on the "carefully" part, several guys have messed up here. Keep your fingers on the bottom third of the cart and don't let it get more that 'a little uncomfortable'?

Next time, be sure the center part of the cart is quite hot before you move up to the top to heat the load. That's where it started, the barely melted goods hit cold metal and 'clotted' up right there.

OF
good advice especially the last part - physics. The wax is drawn to heat. Heat where you want it to go and then heat it to make it fluid only do not over heat the coil area otherwise leaks and/or a quick death of the cart.

PhotoRider,
Reactions: OF

Erlman

Thanks guys, it was an air bubble I think. I hit it with the torch and its working now. It doesn't seem to be hitting too hard at the moment. The hits are smaller than from my micro g, does that seem about right for the 2.4 ohm?

Erlman,

OF

Thanks guys, it was an air bubble I think. I hit it with the torch and its working now. It doesn't seem to be hitting too hard at the moment. The hits are smaller than from my micro g, does that seem about right for the 2.4 ohm?

Work with it. Remember, you have two heaters, one making vapor in 'real time' the other heating the reservoir more slowly over time. More importantly the wicks feed straight from that heater, so flow rate to the vaporizing heater (to make the lovely vapor) depends on the feed rate up there.

Avoid 'dry burns' (stay off the power unless the wicks are wet) and work with it. 2.4s can do some amazing duty, but it takes some skill. More powerful carts follow the same rules but are much less forgiving of mistakes.

Time will come when you 'own' the 2.4s and can make them dance to your tune. It's not brute force.

Good luck.

OF

PhotoRider

yes and no. I can dup the micro-g with a 2.4 ohm, but its wax dependent. May need a little more torching. You can hit the power for like 10 sec's with the 2.4 ohm at 3.6V if its hitting. If no vape don't do that.
Did you weigh the cart before and now? How much does it weigh extra for the wax. The original load will consume some in the wick etc so you loose some initially, but after that it stays the same for me. May need more wax or heat.

It would be interesting to see an exploded diagram of the cart internals. May help understand how to drive the cart better. A key is the two heaters and the wick placement OF commented on.

Another question - is there a reason to use ISO over ethanol alcohol to clean off wax? The ethanol is organic.

PhotoRider,

OF

Another question - is there a reason to use ISO over ethanol alcohol to clean off wax? The ethanol is organic.

It's cheaper than high proof ETOH, and easier to get. As a general cleaner it also evaporates slower.

Denatured Alcohol is another possible, but ISO is cheaper.

OF

OF,

PhotoRider

OK. I understand in some states its hard to get and the cost - here $7 for a pint of 190 where ISO is like $0.50. I just soak the stuff in it and keep the alcohol from evaporating. I use it over and over until saturated. Then I am going to use it in the BHO process later. I notice much of the extract has impurities that float out in the ETOH that doesn't with ISO hence its use in BHO.

Course you could always drink it if the wax has be decarbonized already... :D (joking of course)

Bugsy

VapeHare
Eth is great, i've infused tequila w/ grade a flower oil, let sit for 3 months. agitate slightly daily.
can you say pain relief?

Can you explain the process please:shrug:
I mean what did you do...add 1g of qwet to like 10oz of booze?

Bugsy,

PhotoRider

ETOH is a organic solvent and used for RSO (Rick Simpsom Oil). Info here:

http://phoenixtears.ca/make-the-medicine/

The ratio is detailed in his article. The last step is to evap off the ETOH in a oven or similar. Bob is suggesting just drinking it. He was using normal booze and not pure grain alcohol like RSO. RSO is ~50% THC and some has 10% CBD's once the ETOH is evaporated away.

You must decarb the flower first since heat is not being applied before you ingest it. Normally the vape/combustion process does this, but eating without 400 degree heat doesn't do this. Search google for this, but in a nut shell it grinding the flower to fine material and heating in a controlled oven - time dependent on temp - 200 degrees for 1-2 hours is typical, higher temp less time, but you must not vape away the meds so like 250 degrees max (F not C)

a good decarb article:
http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

PhotoRider

I didn't weigh what I put in it but it was under 1 gram, but well over 1/2 a gram.
It is suggested by the ones in the know to weigh each cart. School of knocks for sure. There is variance in cart weights and you are talking 0.1 gram type difference :) You use it to know when to reload and not harm the cart. Its a great tip from the experts.

I think the cart grabs the first 0.2g to charge (my memory may be flawed here, but that's what I think I read on a post from OF). So it could be you used .2g lread and you are getting to the 0.2g threshold to add more. I think the suggested spread is load 0.6g, prime, use, reload at 0.2g back to 0.6, repeat. Again not my data, what I have read and its from memory. Hopefully the numbers will be seconded :)

Ataxian, glad you explained the pain reliever comment. Thought you did something odd with that Jaguar which I didn't want to know.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bob, glad you explained the pain reliever comment. Thought you did something odd with that Jaguar which I didn't want to know.
Bob is a good teacher!

I load 0.6 gram to begin.
Drop down below o.3 and reload
0.2 per load.
I get a little over 3 grams per cart.

Tomorrow a little BENDER ACTION!

Why is every one so serious?
The JAGUAR is a subliminal joke!
The SHATTER is real!!!!!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I ment Ataxian not Bob. My bad. Not serious buddy - having a go at ya :D

BTW everyday is a BENDER day isn't it - shouldn't it just go unsaid :)
Just got the Road Glide back from the shop. 115 TQ/HP maybe tomorrow isn't a bender day until dark.
I'm just messing around at this time of day!

Cleaned all my glass.
Charged all my batteries!
Vaped SHATTER, FLOWERS, PG, TAFFY
Ready for sleep!
PERSEI DREAMS after BLUE DREAM!
SURF ART!

ataxian,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Can you explain the process please:shrug:
I mean what did you do...add 1g of qwet to like 10oz of booze?

actually i took 3 grams of top quality flower bho and dropped into a 750ml bottle of blanco Avion Tequila. it doesn't absorb as easily as it does with eth so agitation and time are essential. i am sure PG (pure gold) would absorb best.

OF

BTW everyday is a BENDER day isn't it

Well it is if your heart is pure.....

Or at least it should be?

actually i took 3 grams of top quality flower bho and dropped into a 750ml bottle of blanco Avion Tequila. it doesn't absorb as easily as it does with eth so agitation and time are essential. i am sure PG (pure gold) would absorb best.

I've had some of G's fabled 'jungle juice'. As understand it, it was a year or more soak in 151 proof Bacardi with a couple of odd intact plants and a bunch of bubble. Kind of strong tasting as you'd guess, but definitely effective. Big time.

Fun stuff, try to water it down and the resins come out of solution and cloud it up like Pernod (or real Absinthe) does. In a fun way, the THC reproduces the fabled hallucinogenic drink of old.......

Picasso would approve, I think.

OF

druminfected

Well it is if your heart is pure.....

Or at least it should be?

I've had some of G's fabled 'jungle juice'. As understand it, it was a year or more soak in 151 proof Bacardi with a couple of odd intact plants and a bunch of bubble. Kind of strong tasting as you'd guess, but definitely effective. Big time.

Fun stuff, try to water it down and the resins come out of solution and cloud it up like Pernod (or real Absinthe) does. In a fun way, the THC reproduces the fabled hallucinogenic drink of old.......

Picasso would approve, I think.

OF

Wow how much did u drink? Eye drop or two full? Hope you didn't take a shot!

Good new kinda my hammer works half the time now! I have to use the screw tool and get it to the perfect height for the battery and then sometimes it with then work. I might just have to send this back for a repair though.

I wonder how the prototype testing for the Hercules is going! G said testing started Monday no? I show people my Hercules v1 to show them what's in store and they are very excited for it. Looks like the Hercules and persei will be my go to travel companion when the day comes! And nibbler xl for home sessions :)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i did take shots. usually one or two, but there was that one time......
it took about 6 months to drink it, usually when injured or after particularly hard days
boarding. so excited for the herc cart.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: ataxian

DubCRider

OF

Bacardi 151, four full plants, and five pounds of bubble hash. It's probably been 6 years at this point.

I gave a non-user a full shot of "fernet" and she ended up on my couch for three days and only got up for water and to use the restroom. I think she broke up with my friend shortly after.

OF

Wow how much did u drink? Eye drop or two full? Hope you didn't take a shot!

Good new kinda my hammer works half the time now! I have to use the screw tool and get it to the perfect height for the battery and then sometimes it with then work. I might just have to send this back for a repair though.

No way on the shot. I got warned off from that. DubC was saving it for me (I couldn't make the planned meeting with G) and gave some guests some to try. One of the women crashed out immediately and woke up groggy the next morning with no memory......I already have that part of life wired down, I don't need drugs for that. A tablespoon did a bang up job for me once safely home. I tried watering down half an ounce or so (when I found the resin thing). The taste was still 'too strong for casual enjoyment', but I overmedicated on it. Like eating way too much brownie.

Scary stuff, not for the weak by any means. In a better world it'd be in the shops.

You might try my adjustment technique. I back the plate down, put it together, then screw it all t he way up until there's no play then back it off a turn and a half or so. This makes it snug, but still gives some room for stuff to expand.

holy....f*cK balls.....

Ah, so you had some too? What did you think of it?

OF

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Ah, so you had some too? What did you think of it?

OF

Unfortunately I have not, that was simply my reaction after reading what was in this concoction haha

Your dose sounds about what I would have thought a semi-functional amount would have been. Was thinking more like a tsp, but jesus..... 5lbs of bubble.... go big or GTFO!!!

SlinginPaint,

OF

Your dose sounds about what I would have thought a semi-functional amount would have been. Was thinking more like a tsp, but jesus..... 5lbs of bubble.... go big or GTFO!!!

Yup, my understanding it it started with stuffing a couple of plants and a bunch of hash into a five gallon glass 'Sparklets' bottle and filling the gaps with Rum and waiting. And waiting.

A labor of love if 'er there were one? Not your 'everyday drink' for sure.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom