Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
OMG people, this reminds me of the 60's and 70's - they last time I had 151 was in 78. I still remember that night and I didn't need anything more in it.... Too bad I gave up drinking - wasn't good managing it.

I wonder if you could use it for rocket fuel. It does put you in orbit!

On the technical side - to people decarb the flower before extracting the BHO with butane or making bubble hash?

PhotoRider,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

Guys its.

151 Everclear, 4 pounds of hash, 2 pounds of oil, and 4 whole og trees.

Man, oh man, I just checked.....Betty Crocker got nothin' like dat!

I believe Alice B. Tolkas just sat up in her grave?

I'm proud to have tasted it, I seriously doubt it'll happen again anytime soon. Thanks again for sharing it.

On the technical side - to people decarb the flower before extracting the BHO with butane or making bubble hash?

While I've never done it, from the descriptions no. My understanding is that happens when it's heated to vape? It extracts in the inactive state just fine, it's just still inactive?

OF

OF,

PhotoRider

While I've never done it, from the descriptions no. My understanding is that happens when it's heated to vape? It extracts in the inactive state just fine, it's just still inactive?

OF

I only know what I read so this is 2nd hand info. The article stated - yes the THCA is converted to THC when heated to vape or combust. In the area of 400 degrees. The issue is when you eat it like making a tincture it is never heated to the point to convert the THCA - hence the decarb in the oven first before extracting the flower in the tincture.

This is the article I read:
http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

I was just wondering about that when throwing wax in alcohol... I don't do but I guess it was powerful enough!

I think that solution would have fed WoodStock and had some left over....

PhotoRider,

OF

In the area of 400 degrees. The issue is when you eat it like making a tincture it is never heated to the point to convert the THCA - hence the decarb in the oven first before extracting the flower in the tincture.

My understanding too, although I think the number is lower than that by a fair bit At 400 it would all boil off in a process we know and love.....but inside the oven where we can't be.

It happens inside brownies, IIRC that's something like 325 degrees and the inside never gets all that hot (it comes out moist, with plenty of water).

Anyway, yes it makes sense to decarb for tincture......scares me to think what G's 'jungle juice' would have been like then.......this version works plenty fine, thank you very much.

OF

OF,

PhotoRider

You are so right it is a temp verses time formula. At 200 it takes longer that at 300, and 400 its instant (yes may too high, probably why I don't like skillets and nails in bubblers much anymore besides the instant over rush is just too much for me).

I was just wondering. Not a path I intend on going. I like vaping :) but a RSO truffle is well awesome - match made in heaven, the yen and the yang!

PhotoRider

Omicron cart users out there... A safe way to clean out that center tube when or if it clogs. I use a needle inserted into a cork (eye end into the cork). No secret here since I learned here. Next measure down the suggested distance from the top of the cart to where the coil is - I think its 2/3rd's down and insert the needle until it measures a bit less ~1/16". Continue the normal way of using ISO. Now you will not hit the coil and damage it.

OF

Omicron cart users out there... A safe way to clean out that center tube when or if it clogs. I use a needle inserted into a cork (eye end into the cork). No secret here since I learned here.

Yeah, the needle is Vitolo's idea. He gets away with a lot around here you know....

Only I put it in pointy end first (I actually use a small pin vice in the latest version). The eye of the needle is better for collecting the junk so you can wipe it off and try again. I went to a 'Sailmaker's Needle' for that reason, fat shank and an eye barely big enough to fit, it cleans the walls well. I'm set up to stop a bit above the heater (about 1.5 inches down) since the flue enters the furnace body well above the heater, there's 1/8 inch or more 'free space' above it that doesn't matter as the heat clears this area easily.

Some guys use a straightened paper clip.

Alternatively I use either a piece of copper wire, complete with insulation, which is just as good and better to poke the heater with (gently) by accident. I also have used, and can also recommend, nylon fishing line. I think it's 90 pound test, but can't lay my hands on the spool to check. I usually tie a knot in it to work as as stop and trim it to length so it just touches then take a tiny bit more off so it stops just short (use a new cart for this?). I cut the other side of the knot back to allow cleaning the lower vent tube, although by the time this is flooding you're usually in deep trouble. I have one of these bits of leader in my wallet as well, just in case.

Also handy for your 'road kit' for these things are the little foil wrapped one use ISO soaked wipes used to give injections and stuff, great for spot clean ups:
http://www.amazon.com/Kendall-Alcoh...&qid=1370696685&sr=8-2&keywords=alcohol+wipes

OF

druminfected

Yeah, the needle is Vitolo's idea. He gets away with a lot around here you know....

Only I put it in pointy end first (I actually use a small pin vice in the latest version). The eye of the needle is better for collecting the junk so you can wipe it off and try again. I went to a 'Sailmaker's Needle' for that reason, fat shank and an eye barely big enough to fit, it cleans the walls well. I'm set up to stop a bit above the heater (about 1.5 inches down) since the flue enters the furnace body well above the heater, there's 1/8 inch or more 'free space' above it that doesn't matter as the heat clears this area easily.

Alternatively I use either a piece of copper wire, complete with insulation, which is just as good and better to poke the heater with (gently) by accident. I also have used, and can also recommend, nylon fishing line. I think it's 90 pound test, but can't lay my hands on the spool to check. I usually tie a knot in it to work as as stop and trim it to length so it just touches then take a tiny bit more off so it stops just short (use a new cart for this?). I cut the other side of the knot back to allow cleaning the lower vent tube, although by the time this is flooding you're usually in deep trouble. I have one of these bits of leader in my wallet as well, just in case.

Also handy for your 'road kit' for these things are the little foil wrapped one use ISO soaked wipes used to give injections and stuff, great for spot clean ups:
http://www.amazon.com/Kendall-Alcoh...&qid=1370696685&sr=8-2&keywords=alcohol+wipes

OF
Anyone ever try wet naps ? Just wondering how well those work as well. I know the ios soaked ones obviously work, since pax ploom gives them to you in their kit.

I wonder how the prototype testing went this week on the Hercules ? Any news Mr. Scientific ?

PhotoRider

http://www.amazon.com/Kendall-Alcohol-Prep-Pads-count/dp/B002CYNP86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370696685&sr=8-2&keywords=alcohol wipes

OF
Boy great info. Yes flipping the needle around is a good idea.

That's a great idea for on the go. I'm headed to the drug store i.e. Walgreens The prep pads would work great just never thought of it.

PhotoRider,
Reactions: OF

OF

Anyone ever try wet naps ?

I tried one, while other brands might be better, this one didn't do a great job 'cutting' the concentrate, but did leave an oily film I had to deal with.

Unless someone finds and reports some brand that does work, I recommend sticking with the straight ISO (no 'Aloe' or other junk left behind). It would be nice to find some 90% or better wipes, but we're not talking reclaim here and the 70s do OK. You could even carry one in your wallet, right next to your 'lucky condom'?

OF

OF,

OF

You can buy ' Lucky ' ones ?
Damn ....:doh:

Enjoy the weekend everyone .

Not sure how to identify them in the store, but there are ones that have proven lucky in the past......

Honest Injun, somewhere I have a bent wire frame for trying them off after washing. Got it in a UK 'Chemist Shop' (what they call Drug Stores) a lot of years ago. I used to keep it in the office, just so the new guys would ask.....

Fun world. I'll second the 'enjoy the weekend' suggestion. Good advice, that. Weather here's super, I hear the garden calling.....again.

OF

PhotoRider

I was issued my lucky ones at birth - a limited number and was told to use them wisely by dear old dad. Never thought about reusing them. Got one left - hopefully it can be reused - I'm not done yet.

I 3rd the have "fun". Blue and warm up in the PNW - summer has come finally (because Rose Festival is almost over :) )

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was issued my lucky ones at birth - a limited number and was told to use them wisely by dear old dad. Never thought about reusing them. Got one left - hopefully it can be reused - I'm not done yet.

I 3rd the have "fun". Blue and warm up in the PNW - summer has come finally (because Rose Festival is almost over :) )
checking out my garden:
These SAGO's are clones I took from the Mom when these pups were 1" Height!

PhotoRider

Refill time. Made this little holder for filling the Omicron carts. Easy access and easy to rotate and hold the torch in one spot w/o holding it in one place oin the cart. Works well.

Vaping-access-1.jpg

Wax ready for torching - yes I need another funnel...
Vaping-access-2.jpg

I think the next improvement is to make it out of thicker stock and size the hole depth to protect the coil area and mark the lowest area to heat of the cart... Maybe a brass one :) Need some 1"x1 1/2" stock...

PhotoRider

Can edit my previous one - sorry

Thanks OF for the needle tip, stopped by Wally Mart (no less) and picked up a set of doll needles (funny huh?). They are thick and large eyes. Two are perfect fit and are like 3" long :) Rubber stopper and I'm set. It really works well too.

Thanks, yet another tip put to use.

showman

I recently got a Persei and an SS Tank- did I screw up here? It kind of looks like this only goes onto the omicron, unless I'm missing something...

showman,

jpdnkstr

The SS tank comes with 1.5ohm, 3.0ohm, and 5.0ohm cartomizers. so you could run 2 x 18350's in the Persei with the correct carto!(5.0 ohm)

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: darkin3

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The SS tank comes with 1.5ohm, 3.0ohm, and 5.0ohm cartomizers. so you could run 2 x 18350's in the Persei with the correct carto!(5.0 ohm)
I stand corrected!
I tend to run at lower Volts with these type of attachments.
Your right however if you use the 5.0 ohms.
I use a 2.5 cartomizer for PG. 1 x 3.0 volts.
5.0 ohm OMNICRON for SHATTER fitted with 2 x 18350's is my current set up for power.

ataxian,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Dutambalu

So I sold my hercules to my friend, and this happened. The wire snapped out. Dont know how. Dont know why. I got it from Planetvapes. And I believe its still underwarranty.

Does anyone know if I can get this replaced? I just sent them a email regarding it

GosmsPhoto1371070410957_zpsec4dc385.jpg

Dutambalu,
Top Bottom