• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

slozukimc

@THC SCIENTIFIC

Do you know if the new Persei will have Hammer mode and the option of 601 threads so we can use the Bender? Temp control Hammer mode would sell me on a new one.

slozukimc,

Conky

The New Persei once done will allow for the Bender to be used and a new hammer is being designed for it.
Any hint of an ETA on the new unit? Not looking for any commitments at all, just maybe 6 months, 2 years, whatever would be appreciated. I've held off purchasing a backup unit for probably 6 months or so in hopes of seeing something from you fine folks.

slozukimc

Does anyone here use The Hammer for dabs? What type of nail/rig do you use and why? I went looking this weekend and was overwhelmed by the selection so ended up with nothing.

Thanks All!

slozukimc,

Montygue

Does anyone here use The Hammer for dabs? What type of nail/rig do you use and why? I went looking this weekend and was overwhelmed by the selection so ended up with nothing.

Thanks All!
I got a hammer to try to do dabs but I have yet to figure out glass to use it with. I've found it works best holding it horizontal and dropping wax a little bit up from the tip. Best I've been able to think of is getting a glass extension and drill a hole to stick the rod through partway up but haven't tried it yet. The day I figure out a solution I will be sooo happy.

Montygue,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Is the official temp control mod dead at this point? Thought it was supposed to come out a year or two ago, but having been keeping close track of it.

I've been using an EVIC VTC Mini for a while now. I can get the temp control mod on it to work some of the time, but it's really finicky. I can have wonderful temp control vaping with the Herc for a while, then it will decide it doesn't want to work any more and will keep throwing itself into power mode.

Power mode is fine, but it's just so...unrefined. Especially after experiencing what the Herc is capable of in true temp control mode.

Last edited:

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
I got a hammer to try to do dabs but I have yet to figure out glass to use it with. I've found it works best holding it horizontal and dropping wax a little bit up from the tip. Best I've been able to think of is getting a glass extension and drill a hole to stick the rod through partway up but haven't tried it yet. The day I figure out a solution I will be sooo happy.
What about placing a chunk of concentrate in a cool nail on a rig then heating the hammer up with the ceramic heat rod exposed and dipping the rod into the chunk of concentrate in the cool nail while ripping the rig? Never tried it or owned a hammer but his is how I've always pictured using one for dabbing.
:peace:

MileHighLife,
Reactions: slozukimc

slozukimc

What about placing a chunk of concentrate in a cool nail on a rig then heating the hammer up with the ceramic heat rod exposed and dipping the rod into the chunk of concentrate in the cool nail while ripping the rig? Never tried it or owned a hammer but his is how I've always pictured using one for dabbing.
:peace:
My thoughts too. Been talking with @SamuraiSam and the biggest problem seems to be that the hot rod chases the oil away so it only makes whispy little hits. @THC SCIENTIFIC has been trying to come up with a solution but Flexo and ironically, Leela, turned out to not work so well.
I am going to order a teardrop shaped quartz banger and see how the narrow point works. Any tips you care to share @THC SCIENTIFIC ? I am sure you have tried them all.......

Mike

slozukimc,

slozukimc

What settings and which rod are you using with temp control on the Herc? I usually set mine at 23w and go but temp control sure would be nice. I have the vtc dual so setting will be the same as yours.

Thanks, Mike
Is the official temp control mod dead at this point? Thought it was supposed to come out a year or two ago, but having been keeping close track of it.

I've been using an EVIC VTC Mini for a while now. I can get the temp control mod on it to work some of the time, but it's really finicky. I can have wonderful temp control vaping with the Herc for a while, then it will decide it doesn't want to work any more and will keep throwing itself into power mode.

Power mode is fine, but it's just so...unrefined. Especially after experiencing what the Herc is capable of in true temp control mode.

slozukimc,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
What settings and which rod are you using with temp control on the Herc? I usually set mine at 23w and go but temp control sure would be nice. I have the vtc dual so setting will be the same as yours.

Thanks, Mike

I'm using the black, low resistance, rod.

I use it on Ti Temp Control mode, set to 230° F and 25W.

I know it's not supposed to work with Ti temp control stuff, and I know that my Herc is definitely getting above 230°F, but somehow it works...some of the times.

It's very strange. When I screw the Herc on, if it reads as .88 ohms or less, it will work in temp control mode for me. If it reads .89 ohms or higher, the EVIC kicks it out of temp control mode after a second or two and goes to power mode.

I know the EVIC Mini only works with less than 1 ohm in temp control mode, and I have locked the resistance on mine.

It can be working for several weeks, then all of a sudden, I can't get it to read .88 ohms or below, and it then won't work in temp control mode anymore. Sometimes a simple unscrew and back on fixes it, sometimes I have to fiddle with it, taking it apart for 30 minutes before I can get it to work again. Sometimes I have to break it down, and do a full iso soak/clean.

Right now, mine's being a pain, and I can't get it to work in temp control mode for the past week. But I'm not at home, so not able to do a full clean to get back to it. Just been using power mode for a while.

I honestly have no idea why a difference of .01 ohm would cause the difference in it working or not, but it does on mine. Keep in mind, I have not updated the firmware since I got it (a year ago?). It's possible it works much better now. I really should update the firmware and see what that does.

But man, when it's working on temp control mode, it's awesome. I can actually pass it to newbies, and they can enjoy it too. There's no way I can pass a power mode Herc to someone unfamiliar with it.

Being able to just mash the button down, and get perfect, tasty hits every time sure is nice.

Hope you have some success with yours!

Roth,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

PPN

Volute of Vapor
When I used my hercule on my 1 battery mod I was under the impression it was very stressfull for the battery, although I use a 7.4v white rod. That's why I switched for the Movkin Disguiser, a 2 batteries mod. Since I don't get any issue with mine used between 19W and 22W.

Is the White rod able of Temperature Control? (I think I already asked and the answer is no)

The Hercule is my most used concentrate device at home, I only take it outside while driving for a long time (it doesn't happens a lot).

PPN,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC Any word on this? Having a clean way to hook up my AC to my glass would be awesome. I can do this now with the Saionara and the DT v3 but not my W9 gear :(

I have spoken with our Glass producer about this, but since we are currently concentrating on the Odyssey we are not able to do this since he is already juggling to much on his plate, but it is on the board and we will get to it once we are done with the final steps on the Odyssey.

elmoe420

I have spoken with our Glass producer about this, but since we are currently concentrating on the Odyssey we are not able to do this since he is already juggling to much on his plate, but it is on the board and we will get to it once we are done with the final steps on the Odyssey.

Thanks for the update G. I can't wait to get that Odyssey on my desk!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The New Persei once done will allow for the Bender to be used and a new hammer is being designed for it.
Z0UKL6i.jpg

When is the new BENDER available?
The OMNI is so stealth.

hypez604

Got my Hercules + Nibbler XL earlier this week. I'm very impressed. I owned a Cera and many other vapes during the last few years and Hercules so far is my favorite portable for wax/shatter/oil, even without the Nibbler. Been using it with a kangertech subox mini 50w mod @ 25w and 3000mah LG HG2 batts. I'm loving it. Got a joytech evic on order too. Kudos to THC Scientific for refining this design and finally offering a 510 version ;)

Top Bottom