Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

slozukimc

Can you give a little more info on the improved airflow? Is it worth it to upgrade from the AC's that came with my Omicrons? What are the benefits? Can I load more with less clogging? I need some new coils but may just pony up for the new model and some extra coils too. Thanks!

slozukimc,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
He said he's putting pics up this weekend, I'm guessing it looks pretty similar except for inside the mp.

StormyPinkness,

elmoe420

He said he's putting pics up this weekend, I'm guessing it looks pretty similar except for inside the mp.

Actually if you read closely the airflow redesign affects the coil housing so I doubt this has anything to do with the mouthpiece. Could be a change to the airholes in the ceramic cup (this is the cause of most leaking complaints I hear) or the airflow delivery from the base itself.

Can't wait for more info and pics! I'm a sucker and ordered one already anyway though :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm still not 100% sure what the triton is, I *think* it's a smaller/different version of the herc. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

I'll probably order the ac v3 this weekend after I check out the pics of it.

StormyPinkness,

elmoe420

Just got my AC v3 in. I don't really have time to post pics right now and I'll sure G will have something official up soon.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I'm about to go on vacation for a few weeks or else I would post more detail. However, I immediately found some issues I want to bring to your attention.

• Something is weird with the dual Ti coils. When screwed all the way in to the AC v3 base the ceramic cup is pushed up somehow (I guess by pressure on the center pin). This causes the ceramic cup to actually be visibly above the lip of the SS housing. Not sure yet if this will cause a problem other than looking a bit weird but wanted to call it out because its seems odd to be designed this way.
  • The AC v2 finally added a standard sized drip tip. Why on earth was this removed in the v3? Now for some reason there is a non-standard diameter drip tip that has the splash guard built in to it. What this means is now I can't use any of my beautiful drip tips and also even if I could there would be no more splash guard. This is a huge step backwards in design from the v2.
  • The included dual Ti coil will not TC on the stock Joyetech firmware. However, the second coil I tried is TC'ing fine so my guess is the included coil was just a lemon and there is no general issue here. I'll disassemble the bad coil when I get back and try to debug. The cold resistance reads fine but it jumps out of TC immediately (probably due to a too rapid change in resistance).
  • The AC v1 had adjustable airflow. While I don't think it worked very well because there was not a tight enough fit I was disappointed to see this abandoned in the v2. Sadly the new airflow design in the v3 is also not adjustable. Curious why adjustable airflow was abandoned? It seems a common feature in similar devices these days.
I'll report back more as I put the v3 through its paces. Probably not till after I return from vacation though.

Vape on friends!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Just got my AC v3 in. I don't really have time to post pics right now and I'll sure G will have something official up soon.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I'm about to go on vacation for a few weeks or else I would post more detail. However, I immediately found some issues I want to bring to your attention.

• Something is weird with the dual Ti coils. When screwed all the way in to the AC v3 base the ceramic cup is pushed up somehow (I guess by pressure on the center pin). This causes the ceramic cup to actually be visibly above the lip of the SS housing. Not sure yet if this will cause a problem other than looking a bit weird but wanted to call it out because its seems odd to be designed this way.
  • The AC v2 finally added a standard sized drip tip. Why on earth was this removed in the v3? Now for some reason there is a non-standard diameter drip tip that has the splash guard built in to it. What this means is now I can't use any of my beautiful drip tips and also even if I could there would be no more splash guard. This is a huge step backwards in design from the v2.
  • The included dual Ti coil will not TC on the stock Joyetech firmware. However, the second coil I tried is TC'ing fine so my guess is the included coil was just a lemon and there is no general issue here. I'll disassemble the bad coil when I get back and try to debug. The cold resistance reads fine but it jumps out of TC immediately (probably due to a too rapid change in resistance).
  • The AC v1 had adjustable airflow. While I don't think it worked very well because there was not a tight enough fit I was disappointed to see this abandoned in the v2. Sadly the new airflow design in the v3 is also not adjustable. Curious why adjustable airflow was abandoned? It seems a common feature in similar devices these days.
I'll report back more as I put the v3 through its paces. Probably not till after I return from vacation though.

Vape on friends!

Hey @elmoe420 glad you received Kiss Ac v3.

To help answer a few questions.

1. We opted this design to make sure no more adjustment of the center pin is needed.

2. The drip tip was designed this way to interchange with the Triton to cut down on production costs.

The added diameter of the drip tip is needed. You will see when the Triton is done.

3. All the new v3 coils should work in TC, mind telling me what the resistance reading is?

4. As for the adjustable airflow that is my decision. My understanding and theory is the end user should be able to adjust their own speed of inhale giving the user less of a hassle of adjusting things.

It's easier to slow down then to fiddle with it all the time.

Also you are able to pump the watts up to 19 as more things inside are beefed up to support the clouds.

Enjoy your vacation and we will discuss when you get back.

r3dcell

Vape on friends!

Would you be able to post detailed pics of the coils? possibly torn down as well. I'm curious to see how the coils are different in the v3

Enjoy that vaca!

r3dcell,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@THC SCIENTIFIC can I ask what some of the challenges with the new persei are? Just wondering if you're still trying to nail the tc side of it down or the form factor to fit all your toys new and old. Just curious about the state of it in general really.

StormyPinkness,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC can I ask what some of the challenges with the new persei are? Just wondering if you're still trying to nail the tc side of it down or the form factor to fit all your toys new and old. Just curious about the state of it in general really.

We got the TC to work with everything we have it's not perfect but we are at peace with its tolerance levels.

Right now we are working on the shell. Once that is done it will be available for retail.
Sweet! Thanks, please do let me know if you're able to make it happen!

Will do.

dilvish

in hypno-vision
Can't wait for TC to work right with the Herc
you don't have to. i've been using my herc on my joyetech mods for quite a long time now, using temp control with wild success. you probably will have to dial in a custom tcr to get it to work correctly; i've found 135-150 to be a good range, depending on the herc. i don't have a bender, but i'm confident you could use temperature control with it also.
afaik: temperature control works by predicting the rate at which the heater material will change resistance. this rate is the tcr (temperature coefficient of resistance). by changing the tcr, you can get temperature control to work with a wide variety of heater materials.
so if you have a temp control mod with customizable tcr settings, i'd recommend switching over to tcr, starting off at ~135 for the herc, and working your way up to a good temperature. if, once you've found a good temperature, it's obviously lower than the actual heater temperature, raise the tcr a bit and find a good temperature again. if it's obviously higher than the actual heater temperature, lower the tcr a bit and find a good temperature again. once the reported temperature is pretty close to the estimated actual temperature of the heater, you should be fine. if the tcr is quite misconfigured, it may be that your mod kicks you into power mode, in which case, you might have to take the atomizer off, let it cool, fire the mod with no atomizer on it so it says "no atomizer found", unlock the resistance, and try again (that's the procedure with my joyetech mods).
enjoy! i have been blown away by the improvement in performance since i switched to temp control.
:peace:

slozukimc

What rod are you using in your Hercules?I will be giving this a try. I have the evic vtc dual.

Thanks, Mike

you don't have to. i've been using my herc on my joyetech mods for quite a long time now, using temp control with wild success. you probably will have to dial in a custom tcr to get it to work correctly; i've found 135-150 to be a good range, depending on the herc. i don't have a bender, but i'm confident you could use temperature control with it also.
afaik: temperature control works by predicting the rate at which the heater material will change resistance. this rate is the tcr (temperature coefficient of resistance). by changing the tcr, you can get temperature control to work with a wide variety of heater materials.
so if you have a temp control mod with customizable tcr settings, i'd recommend switching over to tcr, starting off at ~135 for the herc, and working your way up to a good temperature. if, once you've found a good temperature, it's obviously lower than the actual heater temperature, raise the tcr a bit and find a good temperature again. if it's obviously higher than the actual heater temperature, lower the tcr a bit and find a good temperature again. once the reported temperature is pretty close to the estimated actual temperature of the heater, you should be fine. if the tcr is quite misconfigured, it may be that your mod kicks you into power mode, in which case, you might have to take the atomizer off, let it cool, fire the mod with no atomizer on it so it says "no atomizer found", unlock the resistance, and try again (that's the procedure with my joyetech mods).
enjoy! i have been blown away by the improvement in performance since i switched to temp control.
:peace:

slozukimc,
Reactions: dilvish
Top Bottom