• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Palm by Vaporblunt

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I'll take one in black. My wife said since there is no pink she wants the green or purple.

I'm sure black will be the most popular color. So make sure you make extra black ones.:2c:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

PoopMachine

Wish there was a pink version. Mrs. PoopMachine would have been all over one if there was. She wanted a pink ioLite but we ended up moving on from that thing pretty quick.

PoopMachine,

OF

This is actually the heating element.

Sorry, but it's my understanding that it's actually not the heating element. The screen is, so this might be the 'heating element socket', or perhaps better 'heater base? Is the material ceramic or plastic? Is it porous, that is would oil soak into it?

Interesting device, I hope it works out well.

OF

weedemon

enthusiast
I really like the sound of this thing great job man! i would still prefer a glass mouthpiece option too though.

the top cover is plastic like the mflb too right? again i'd prefer glass

other than that I think it sounds pretty great!

this product looks exciting, and I will eagerly follow this!

weedemon,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think many people would not prefer glass in small handheld vape. These vapes are gonna drop a lot.

Seek,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The problem with plastic is that companies tend to cheap out and not get the ones that don't leave smells, especially at high temperature. Might as well use wood then. :D

Let's wait and see for the first reviews 'cause it looks nice. I didn't fall in love with the looks, but the bowl looks flexible (flowers, oils, and hash) and the AA batteries work well enough for a portable in this price range.

And with the glass tube where the vapor travels should deliver tasty clouds. :nod:

vorrange,

Friar

What is the load capacity for oils and waxes in this unit? Using a TV REV DART right now but this looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of the palm in the future.

Friar,

THCMuscle

I think as long as there is a clear break down of the materials used, and proof/evidence they are safe at the temperatures used I think many people will be interested. (myself included)

As long as it is shown to be as non-toxic as the MFLB, people may switch.

THCMuscle,

darco

Looks like 2012 is going to bring us quite a few new goodies in the portable vaping scene! I like what I see vaporBlunt! Though am a little bit apprehensive about the Ceramic heating element. Have read some mentions about health concerns with ceramic in vaporizers and heaters. Count me in the interested team here :)

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Looks promising and I have been flirting with idea of picking up another portable. If this vape doesn't suffer from taste issues like other portables on the market I think it may be pretty successful. I'll be waiting for some reviews.

tranceporter,

Vape or Die

Hello vape peeps. I've been following FC discussions for a while now. This is my fist post so let me know if i break any rules. I am a big fan of my vaporBlunt and am very excited about this new vape!! Just wondering if the lid has a latch that will lock to prevent certain herbs from spilling when portable.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey vape or die and welcome. That's a quite a good point actually. Looking at the pics it looks like the lid sort of clicks into place but I can't see a catch. Should be easy enough to do with just a small revolving peg.

J.R.R.Tokin',

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Sorry, but it's my understanding that it's actually not the heating element. The screen is, so this might be the 'heating element socket', or perhaps better 'heater base? Is the material ceramic or plastic? Is it porous, that is would oil soak into it?

Interesting device, I hope it works out well.

OF
The white part is ceramic, the prongs attached to the screen is where the heat is directed once the battery is shorted. It is not porus, I had a very used version return to almost complete white by using a lighter, q tips and orange chronic pipe cleaner.

I also received the results of the battery tests today. On average each battery lasts for 20 minutes of continiouls use. Obviously no one would ever use this battery continuously, so I will have to do more test.

"Hey vape or die and welcome. That's a quite a good point actually. Looking at the pics it looks like the lid sort of clicks into place but I can't see a catch. Should be easy enough to do with just a small revolving peg."

It does not latch, that's a great idea but a little late! In the next generation I will address that. I have never found it not latching to be an issue. I have never had a spill, knock on wood.

OF

The white part is ceramic, the prongs attached to the screen is where the heat is directed once the battery is shorted. It is not porus, I had a very used version return to almost complete white buy using a lighter, q tips and orange chronic pipe cleaner.

Thanks for the information, sounds well thought through. I don't think I'd call it 'shorting the battery' as that's not really what happens. It's just a very heavy (but controlled) load on the poor little battery.

Be interesting to see how this develops, that 20 minute number would seem to indicate it's running a more modest level than MFLB, by a fair bit. When are these due for release?

OF

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Thanks for the information, sounds well thought through. I don't think I'd call it 'shorting the battery' as that's not really what happens. It's just a very heavy (but controlled) load on the poor little battery.

Be interesting to see how this develops, that 20 minute number would seem to indicate it's running a more modest level than MFLB, by a fair bit. When are these due for release?

OF
Black, white and grey versions will be available by June 1.

TherealVaporblunt,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It reminds me of the MFLB and the aesthetics of the device aren't appealing to me at all, honestly. IMO, the wood block that is the box looks a lot better to me. The Palm kinda looks cheap. It could just be the pictures, but it looks like a toy to me.

Anyways, since I saw that it uses batteries, what are the minimum and maximum battery volt/mAh rating for when it words/doesn't? Will it accept the MFLB power adapter? How do regular/rechargable batteries work with it? Any water pipe attachments in the works? Is the ceramic heating element end-user replaceable? No whip attachment? How similar is it to use/hit as the MFLB?

Anyways, good luck with your vape, any competition is good and leads to innovations.

Quetzalcoatl,

skippy

This looks good. My only concern is how sturdy it is,being plastic. That and as someone else already said, you could probably not carry it loaded if the lid does not clip lock down.
Do you have to push the battery in to make connection like the MFLB, if you do does it have a push back ring, or do you have to keep pulling it out after each tote?

skippy,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Count me in on release!! To be clear ('cause I'm vaked) Does it use the same batt as the MFLB? That would be great because I have about 10 of those!! :D

Oh yeah, another question: What type pf plastic is it??

Bluntcrush,

JoeKickass

It reminds me of the MFLB and the aesthetics of the device aren't appealing to me at all, honestly. IMO, the wood block that is the box looks a lot better to me. The Palm kinda looks cheap. It could just be the pictures, but it looks like a toy to me.

Anyways, since I saw that it uses batteries, what are the minimum and maximum battery volt/mAh rating for when it words/doesn't? Will it accept the MFLB power adapter? How do regular/rechargable batteries work with it? Any water pipe attachments in the works? Is the ceramic heating element end-user replaceable? No whip attachment? How similar is it to use/hit as the MFLB?

Anyways, good luck with your vape, any competition is good and leads to innovations.

I agree that the look of wood can be really attractive, but there are some advantages to a high quality plastic in this use imo.
1- It should be stronger
2 - It should be somewhat waterproof (at least it won't absorb water)
3 - It should be cleanable with iso, and therefore should not smell anywhere near as bad as the mflb

Anything else?

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Black, white and grey versions will be available by June 1.

Great!, now i have to wait until June to get a black one. Makes no sense why you would wait to make the 3 colors that will sell the most. I don't think many people here will want a bright flashy color to smoke a drug that is mostly illegal everywhere.:2c:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i think he meant those are the first 3 colors released and is available by june 1.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom