Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow really dig all the wood posted above, I hope you all enjoy the stems!

I have one of the LE pieces that also has the lid lock upgrade, I really dig where these LB's are going, am looking forward to seeing the future of Magic Flight!

Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Ed's TnT,

CHIDOY

Thanks for the helpful hints! I'm really enjoyin your "Feelin Fine" blend. I especially like that it does in fact, "open up" my airways since i do have mild asthma. Its really soothing to hit this blend. Ill continue to dump/refill a little more often as you suggested. Keep up the great work! People should really look into trying out the other blends as well. Great change of pace.

vaporbrothers said:
Nice to see these blends here! We're making them for Magic Flight now. Here's my recommendations... Vape them like you do any herb, but treat them a little carefully, using not too much heat, and dumping/refilling the bowl often. They are like "tea for your lungs." Most of the blends are not particularly moist, but the herbs will soothe your head in a nice way. Also the natural herbs are pretty powerful in opening airways when you have congestion.

They also are the most effective way to cut down smoking tobacco. You don't need to quit cigarettes cold turkey and likely fail. Cut your tobacco with these herbs, in greater amounts over time until you are smoking cigarettes rolled with mostly herbal blend. The blend that goes best with tobacco is Balancing Bleus with it's sage content, people will be like "what are you smoking- smells nice." The effect of the herbal blend balances and mellows the tobacco rush. Use natural tobacco like Bali Shag. You'll cut down to minimal tobacco without struggle.

:)
~Linus V

CHIDOY said:
Its been about 4 months since I got my MFLB and been LOVING it ever since. 15 year daily "smoker" that hasn't combusted since! Thanks MFLB!

Look what came in the mail today!!! PA + "Feelin' Fine" herbal blend! I've been getting by fine with the Powerex 2400's and 2700's but now I realized I waited 4 months too long to get the PA.

What can I say about the PA that hasn't been said before? It's everything I imagined and read it would be and we'll just leave it at that. Magic Flight FTW!!!

The herbal blend is a great change of pace too! "Feelin' Fine" has peppermint which really "opens up" your airways and tastes awesome too. Its so smooth to hit and is almost relaxing in a way. Once again Magic Fight FTW!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5593/1001357l.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7097/1001370d.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3955/1001366w.jpg

CHIDOY,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So here's the new LB. Like I said... pretty plain jane, but I've always been function over form and she works exceptionally well, at her job.

20120302_094239.jpg

20120302_094317.jpg

So Seek inspired me to mess around with a DIY. The Mason Bubbler v1.1 (v1.0 was a larger mason jar).
20120303_055206.jpg

My custom 16-hole diffuser
20120303_055418.jpg

If I had the lung capacity, I could easily rip an entire trench on it... and I still need to seal it better. As much as I can inhale, hold it for as long as I can (I've got pretty good capacity and holding ability) and I'm still blowing out big clouds of vapor.

BigDaddyVapor,

steven22

Couple quick questions,

Just used up the last of my 2700 powerex's, (man am I dying to get back to an LSD batt)

so Im ready to order, are the imedion 2400 still the popular option as of now?.. or did someone make a better one?

and $12.50 for a 4pack shipped on ebay the best price?

----------------

In other news, a friend of mine bought a box (never saw another one in person aside from mine in the 2+ years iv had this thing) boy do they look different compared to my old school ones. ( I have one pre screen gasket, and one just when the gasket came out)

I dont know if its just me, or my batteries are a little old, but I swear that new one hit better than mine.
thicker vapor, hotter.

Is that due to the material change in the rods or screen? or it being brand new?

it might be in my head, but I think the performance of my box went down as it became older/dirtier ... screen fatigue maybe?

id like to hear what others think

steven22,

toadyfatz

steven22 said:
Couple quick questions,

Just used up the last of my 2700 powerex's, (man am I dying to get back to an LSD batt)

so Im ready to order, are the imedion 2400 still the popular option as of now?.. or did someone make a better one?

----------------

In other news, a friend of mine bought a box (never saw another one in person aside from mine in the 2+ years iv had this thing) boy do they look different compared to my old school ones. ( I have one pre screen gasket, and one just when the gasket came out)

I dont know if its just me, or my batteries are a little old, but I swear that new one hit better than mine.
thicker vapor, hotter.

Is that due to the material change in the rods or screen? or it being brand new?

it might be in my head, but I think the performance of my box went down as it became older/dirtier ... screen fatigue maybe?

I personally think the imedion 2400's are the way to go for batteries. I also had the 2700's for awhile and got tired of em quick. HSD is just a pain in the ass. The 2400's last and last and I really can't tell much difference in power from the 2700's. You can't go wrong with them imo...

toadyfatz,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
steven22 said:
Couple quick questions,

----------------

thicker vapor, hotter.

i have an older LB too, no latch. however, from what i've read it seems that the new boxes run hotter than the older versions.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

OF

HighlyEducatedScholar said:
i have an older LB too, no latch. however, from what i've read it seems that the new boxes run hotter than the older versions.

I've owned several LBs and it's also my experience that they all seemed a little hotter when new. For several trenches I think. My take on it is the mesh darkens up a bit and perhaps even thins a bit in the process of breaking in. The first would raise IR emissivity the second lower the current, both slight but both would lower temperature a bit and I'm thinking a dozen or two degrees is a big difference?

Not to worry, they seem to quickly settle in for the long haul.

OF

OF,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
A week into my first LB, and my sessions keep getting better. Wife and I went to the mountain today, and the PA with the car adapter made for a fantastic trip.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep my iolite. I haven't touched it since my MFLB arrived. Plus, I've got the WPA on the way :p

This vape is amazing

Vapinghole,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
My first vape was the VG Bat. I don't have anything against it, I just don't think it was a good introduction to the world of Vapor. It got me interested enough to get my box... so I guess it had its positive aspects, in the experience. I would certainly give it another chance, now that I'm much more knowledgeable on draw rates, especially. Don't have a need to, at this point.

Since I got my box, PA, WPA couple of glass pieces and homemade bubbler... I can't see wanting/needing anything more. How much better can another vape, really make the experience. Right now, I think most of my fun, is just novelty in new toys. I'm dying to get a real nice bong, or bubbler... but, most are way out of my zero bank account's reach.

(though I would LOVE to try that VXC you're getting. :D)

BigDaddyVapor,

mscm888

I've been obsessed with my technique in trying to get ABV that has a consistent brown.

I usually get gold brown with a little green speckled throughout. Do any of you find MFLB ABV is "lighter" in color than say ABV out of a whip?

My MFLB does the trick and doesn't leave me wishing for more medicinal effect. So, I'm not sure it matters and when I make ABV brownies they probably would be even stronger. But I want to make sure I'm not wasting any "green hits" when I vape.

I've read a lot about newer boxes being a bit hotter and I got the PA so going past light brown is possible but not getting those dark spot on the edge of my medicine is tough.

Any tips for a new user with a new box and PA? :p

Things I do:

Grind 1 time in space case
Grind 1 time in nano grinder
Load even with trench
PA set to half or notch above
PA on for couple secs then begin hit
Native hit with slow steady draw (sometimes micro sip technique haven't picked a fav)
Increase or decrease draw based on box temp
Let PA go and draw in final time
Shake box vigourously
Rinse and repeat

mscm888,

Vapinghole

mscm888 said:
I've been obsessed with my technique in trying to get ABV that has a consistent brown.

I usually get gold brown with a little green speckled throughout. Do any of you find MFLB ABV is "lighter" in color than say ABV out of a whip?

My MFLB does the trick and doesn't leave me wishing for more medicinal effect. So, I'm not sure it matters and when I make ABV brownies they probably would be even stronger. But I want to make sure I'm not wasting any "green hits" when I vape.

I've read a lot about newer boxes being a bit hotter and I got the PA so going past light brown is possible but not getting those dark spot on the edge of my medicine is tough.

Any tips for a new user with a new box and PA? :p

Things I do:

Grind 1 time in space case
Grind 1 time in nano grinder
Load even with trench
PA set to half or notch above
PA on for couple secs then begin hit
Native hit with slow steady draw (sometimes micro sip technique haven't picked a fav)
Increase or decrease draw based on box temp
Let PA go and draw in final time
Shake box vigourously
Rinse and repeat

That's almost exactly where my PA sweet spot is. And my technique is similar, though I prefer a stem over native. I dig the micro-hitting technique and am still working on it.

If i had a tip from one new Box user to another, it would be to try the stem when doing micro-hits. I just found Ed's stems, and they're great! Regardless, practice is lots of fun. :cool:

Vapinghole,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
mscm888 said:

I do find my LB ABV a bit lighter than from my SSv most times but can get a few more hits from it and turn it just as brown. And i use batteries BTW

Micro hits are the way to go with the stem. I find it the only way i hit the box now. I found practicing in the mirror helpful, as i wanted to take only enough slight enhale after the micro hit to get the vapor tails down, keeping the lung capacity for the next micro hit.

YoGranMazPimp,

tonytokes

Hello fellow Magic-Flight lovers. I recently bought my MFLB (a bit over 3 months ago) as my first ever vaporizer and alternative to smoking and love it! Feels much better on my lungs and health than smoking and also gives me a better high (although I'm not gonna lie I occasionally smoke my friends bongs/spliffs). Anyways, the reason I made a new account is I have a few questions about the launch box.

I recently dropped my glass stem/tube that came with the MFLB and it broke (although I dropped it 10000x before so that may have attributed to it).

Where can I get a new stem replacement preferably wood (I'm clumsy when vaked and will drop it a lot) that's cheap (note I live in Canada so shipping's an issue, the MFLB official website would charge me $17 shipping to ship a $3 stem)? I prefer hitting with a stem rather than native.

Also if I got a wooden stem, how would I go about cleaning it?

Finally, I'm looking for long-lasting batteries for the occasional user (vake a few times a week during a school year, almost once a day during breaks ;)) and been looking at the Duracell 2450's and the Powerex Imedion 2400's. Which ones would you guys recommend?

tonytokes,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^welcome tony... I too lovemy launch box and it also has eliminated combusting for me completely.

You must check out eds stems at www.edstnt.com i just got my first order and very impressed.

They are stylish, unique and each has its different feel on the lips and vapor. Also my glass stem kept falling out while tapping the box and have no such prob with my wooden stems.

You clean them with a pipe cleaner and alcohol just like a glass stem but dont soak! Just a quick run thru. Check out the thread under vapor related equipment for eds stems.

As for batteries, im satisfied with the stock ones, but i need like two more. Browse or search the thread, theres lots of battery talk

YoGranMazPimp,

toadyfatz

tonytokes said:
Hello fellow Magic-Flight lovers. I recently bought my MFLB (a bit over 3 months ago) as my first ever vaporizer and alternative to smoking and love it! Feels much better on my lungs and health than smoking and also gives me a better high (although I'm not gonna lie I occasionally smoke my friends bongs/spliffs). Anyways, the reason I made a new account is I have a few questions about the launch box.

I recently dropped my glass stem/tube that came with the MFLB and it broke (although I dropped it 10000x before so that may have attributed to it).

Where can I get a new stem replacement preferably wood (I'm clumsy when vaked and will drop it a lot) that's cheap (note I live in Canada so shipping's an issue, the MFLB official website would charge me $17 shipping to ship a $3 stem)? I prefer hitting with a stem rather than native.

Finally, I'm looking for long-lasting batteries for the occasional user (vake a few times a week during a school year, almost once a day during breaks ;)) and been looking at the Duracell 2450's and the Powerex Imedion 2400's. Which ones would you guys recommend?

For batteries you can't do better imo than the powerex Imedion 2400's. I am also an occasional user. Sometimes only a few times a week also and my batteries are always ready to go. I'm pretty sure they are what MF is still shipping with the box also. Great battery! Look back a page or two and we were talking about the 2400's. You will love em....

I love my wood stems from Ed : Ed's stem's etc... Might be a bit over your price range if you are looking cheap. I don't really know of a real cheap wood stem. Ed's are great though!!

Edit to say if you don't have a good charger to keep your batteries in top shape just do it. Well worth it imo. I have the Powerex maha MHC-9000 and love it...

toadyfatz,

tonytokes

Thanks for all the great answers guys. I'll look into getting some Imedions and Ed's stems (since they seem to be the only option).

Do Ed's stem fit in all MFLBs? Not entirely sure if the draw hole size changed in any models, I have the clicktop MFLB.

Are there any differences in Ed's stems or just appearances? Any recommendations on wood type and size?

Ahh, the Powerex maha MHC-9000 is tempting but at $60 it's a bit too pricey for me.

tonytokes,

Vapinghole

tonytokes said:
Thanks for all the great answers guys. I'll look into getting some Imedions and Ed's stems (since they seem to be the only option).

Do Ed's stem fit in all MFLBs? Not entirely sure if the draw hole size changed in any models, I have the clicktop MFLB.

Are there any differences in Ed's stems or just appearances? Any recommendations on wood type and size?

Ahh, the Powerex maha MHC-9000 is tempting but at $60 it's a bit too pricey for me.

Ed's LB stems fit in all MFLBs, I believe. I've been loving his Zebrawood, and I just ordered a Flame Maple and a Purpleheart Shorty. As suggested above, you should check out his website. As for differences in the stems, Vitolo has a bunch and notes differences in taste (I'm about to find out as well :brow:). I've read that others notice differences (good ones) in the different woods. Some folks stick with the glass stems (I broke mine like 5 minutes after I got my LB :uhoh:).

Vapinghole,

Vitolo

Vaporist
tonytokes said:
pipe cleaner.. dipped in rum (low proof)...
Wring it out well so it is barely moist....
put in tube, and rapidly polish inside back and forth with this...
remove, and dry with suction (I use a vacuum cleaner.(don't let go of the stem!)

Vitolo,

Vapinghole

Vitolo - is there a specific reason you use low-proof rum versus another alcohol?

Thanks!

Vapinghole,

OF

Vapinghole said:
Vitolo - is there a specific reason you use low-proof rum versus another alcohol?

Thanks!

Sure is. It's cuz when he finishes scrubbing it out he rinses the stem by sucking three fingers of that rum through it in one pass. Wouldn't wanna do that with ISO......

When, oh when, will the new guys learn that Vitolo isn't just another pretty face?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom