Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
The PA must be plugged in. It has an adjustment dial for power. Pretty darn cool, though full power is way too high for me.

Vapinghole,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
A picture is worth a thousand words... ;) The whole on the side of the PA is where you connect either the Wall Power supply or the Car Adapter cord.

We don't see it here, but it has a dial button on the metal part to select the power.
03.jpg

Vaporisateur,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Also, you don't see the small button on the "battery" itself. That is the "on" switch.

EDIT: Can't seem to find a picture that power button, my apologies!

sessnet,

MaquinaVapor

Maluco Beleza
I've just got my MFLB and when using it I've noticed some herb burnt. Any tips on how to avoid it, if possible?

MaquinaVapor,

Ville23

I assume you've already seen JD's great vids?
You'll get the hang of it...practice makes perfect ;)
You probably just need to draw a bit faster.

New MFLB's seem to run pretty hot at first.

Ville23,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
MaquinaVapor said:
I've just got my MFLB and when using it I've noticed some herb burnt. Any tips on how to avoid it, if possible?

Let's start with the basics. Your grind should be fine. If you cannot get your herb fine, take it out of the LB after your first hit or two and crumble it more.
Increase your draw speed. The faster you draw, the cooler the hit, thereby not scorching your load.
Shake your box well between hits.
Remove your battery before you are completely done with your hit. This will clear the box and cool the box further.

And remember, practice makes perfect! ;)

momofthegoons,

GreenLeaf

sessnet said:
I wouldn't depend on batteries to give you more heat, it sounds risky.

I actually had a stock MFLB battery nearly explode (it hisses and expanded and leaked fluid).

You should get the PA if you would like to control the heat.

When I first got my PA it was set so high it basically combusted (ABV was black..not brown), so any temperature seems possible.

I don't have a PA but I probably will get one in the future, how do you control the temperature on it?

I like to take quick vape hits with the batteries as it is, can you do this easily with the PA?

GreenLeaf,
Hello fellow stoners, I am a long time reader but a first time poster. I usually come on to research new techniques to get better pulls. (I love the nose method)

I recently got a new warranty box in the mail and its updated. The wood is a lighter color and when I look through the draw hole I can clearly see the inside of the box. I still have my old box I will send it soon because I would hate to void the warrenty- I feel like thats what I payed over a $100 for. Anyways my old box is darker (not like the special boxes I keep reading about) and when I look through the draw hole I see nothing but darkness-even in sunshine. (and my new box the trench looks thinner, I can clearly see the light bulb, THE ACTUAL BULB)

The reason I'm posting is because I am worried. I used to think my old flightbox was perfect but after receiving the new one I feel like all the herb ive ever vaped in the old box was wasted. This new box kicks ass compared to my old one. The moment I put a battery in I notice vapor and even the smallest amount of herb gets me medicated, I can totally feel the effects. My old box I would have to hold the battery in for around 10 seconds before I felt I could get a steady draw rate and even then it wasnt all that great. Ive read the flight box does indeed have a cool down period I just want to know if there is anything I can do to prevent/slow down that?

officer-imhalfAsian,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Vaporisateur said:
The car adapter replaces only the 'second part' of the PA, which is the power transformer that plugs into the wall. So there is no difference really whether you use the car adapter or the wall power adaptor with the PA...

Just make sure you start the engine every once in a while if you're vaping too much so you don't drain your car battery...

Hi,

Actually, we calculate that a car battery would be able to power the launch box continuously and without interruption for three solid days. Assuming that a single hit is 15 seconds of run time, that means that a car battery should be able to provide about 17,280 hits! At 12 watts, the Launch Box is at this point the most energy efficient vaporizer known -- by a factor of at least 12X -- if time of usage is taken into account. It is therefore very unlikely that the using the Box and PA in a car or camper is going to have much of an effect on the battery unless you leave it plugged in for more than two days.

Naturally, using the Box with the PA is awesome.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
magicflight said:
Vaporisateur said:
Just make sure you start the engine every once in a while if you're vaping too much so you don't drain your car battery...

Hi,

Actually, we calculate that a car battery would be able to power the launch box continuously and without interruption for three solid days.

:o I stand corrected! lol I was just making a joke but thanks for clarifying and bringing up the fact that it is the most energy efficient vaporizer known to mankind ;)

Vaporisateur,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
GreenLeaf said:
I don't have a PA but I probably will get one in the future, how do you control the temperature on it?

I like to take quick vape hits with the batteries as it is, can you do this easily with the PA?

There is a little turning dial (sort of like the volume on the old walkman) that you tune to find the right amount. I found mine to be really good around the middle. However a small hairs width turn of the dial will probably change it by a degree, so it's best to leave it alone once you find the right spot, or just use it more until you get comfortable feeling or knowing the temperature.

The PA is very easy to use:

1. Plug it in.

2. Put the "battery" in like you usually would. Press the small button on the battery to turn it on.

3. You are now vaping exactly like the MFLB + battery.

However I think because it is plugged in, it might heat up a little faster. :)

sessnet,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So it needs any water-pipe, Power Adapter set bit high, any Launch Box, a whip connection so you can shake while hitting and you need to be experienced user. And you get FINISHED LOAD in 5 lungs. :ko:

Just saying what MFLB with PA and some more accessories can do. Oh and these hits are tasty and cloudy, if my water-pipe was glass it would be almost perfect taste.

And it really isn't efforless to do THAT huge hits. Needs to be looooong slow inhale with shaking and breath regulation. I am capable of all of this, but also I know some aren't capable to do any of that.

Seek,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
sessnet said:
What have you been doing in the meantime? :D

The old box still works, I just have to keep a death grip on the lid. Magic-Flight told me to hang onto it, until I receive a replacement... and I'm going to vape this thing until the other arrives... or it falls apart in my hand. :D

I've already lost a few partial vaped trenches, however. :(

BigDaddyVapor,

CHIDOY

Its been about 4 months since I got my MFLB and been LOVING it ever since. 15 year daily "smoker" that hasn't combusted since! Thanks MFLB!

Look what came in the mail today!!! PA + "Feelin' Fine" herbal blend! I've been getting by fine with the Powerex 2400's and 2700's but now I realized I waited 4 months too long to get the PA.

What can I say about the PA that hasn't been said before? It's everything I imagined and read it would be and we'll just leave it at that. Magic Flight FTW!!!

The herbal blend is a great change of pace too! "Feelin' Fine" has peppermint which really "opens up" your airways and tastes awesome too. Its so smooth to hit and is almost relaxing in a way. Once again Magic Fight FTW!

1001357l.jpg

1001370d.jpg

1001366w.jpg

CHIDOY,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Nice pics! I just had a groundbreaking sesh with my new LB & PA. I finally found the sweet spot in both PA level and draw technique. I'm floored by this awesome box (and wonderfully vaked) I just converted my guitar player--we had a great experience and his eyes were opened (and afterwards slanted :brow:)

Thanks to everyone on this thread for their efforts. And the MFLB family is wonderful. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Vapinghole,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Looks like my bong version 1. Now I have a version 2 where I figured out:

1) The tube enters the bong higher, so more water to fill (stable, tastier), less air in the bong.
2) Cut percolation holes in the tubing.
3) Closeable mouthpiece to trap vapors in there if I am already too full to suck it.
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=180326#p180326

You can try it, it needs just a new bottle. Oh and as you are using whip you can ahke the box while hitting it. Good for waterpipe hitting as it can be long.

Seek,
Top Bottom