1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. mplx

mplx Active Member

I would say it`s only vaped for 50% Still quite some green left.

[​IMG]

I store all my AVB for when i`m in the mood for baking cookies:D
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. caves

caves Living the vape life

That's some good looking ABV there, mplx :brow:
    Quetzalcoatl, KidFated. and mplx like this.
  3. mplx

mplx Active Member

Thanks, i collect all, i ate spacecake once, but that was not a success, i think i was impatient and ate too much:doh:. Eating cookies with AVB should be a lot safer
    Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  4. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

Hey thanks I was hoping someone would comment on my abv. That is what I am after with some decent taste. The reason I stop at this point is that it tends to taste poorly from any more draws and or starts to burn.
    Any advice on how to get more out of my loads/trenches?
    I am looking at getting a PA soon as I get some store credits straightened out.
    I have 30 fluid ounces of coconut oil.
    I figured about half an oz of ABV to about two cups of oil. Would that work?
    Ghiradellie's Brownie Mixes take 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oil.
    One Ghiradelli's Brownie mix makes a small 8X8 PAN OF BROWNIES WHICH CAN THEN BE CUT INTO 9 pieces. I would like 1 piece to knock me on my ass for about 5 hours.
    SO basically I need to infuse 1/2 cup oil with enough ABV to produce 9 highs. Is that possible?
    mplx likes this.
  5. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

:p
    To clarify: I didn't use a stem. I stood it on end over a concentrate tray to catch the drippings, which is tricky to do. I did it on purpose to see if the idea would work, and it does but you can't get all the resin.
    mplx, RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  6. mplx

mplx Active Member

With the PA, normally i use only the 35%-55% power-range. I start low and after 4/5 draws i see the herb is getting browner, then i turn up the power a little. When i push the power button i wait ~4 seconds and do a short draw to check the temp. If it`s warm i take a few short draws till it`s getting hot. Works fine for me.

About the baking; i only tried cake and that was many years ago , i made cannabutter first and then used the regular recipe. Never tried ABV-cookies but i will in the future, that`s why i store it.

I found a recipe for brownies in this section: http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/cooking-with-cannabis.10/
  7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

This is how I tried to do it , but ya , you can't get it all out .
    Heating the box up with a PA during this process does help .

RUDE BOY and KidFated. like this.
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

How do you grind your herb? It doesn't look as finely ground as mine is.
    I am saving up my vape. If it isn't highly vaped it will make excellent coconut abv oil. I am going to make some insane brownies for the holidays.
    mplx and Vitolo like this.
  9. mplx

mplx Active Member

[​IMG]

I don`t grind it with a normal grinder first. Herbs go directly in the FG.
    [​IMG]

Sorry, crappy phonecamera, nothing better around atm. The green is grinded finer than it looks. It just sticks together cause it is sticky:drool:, when i move the paper the larger parts will all fall apart
  10. caves

caves Living the vape life

Yeah, I go straight to the FG as well and it's really perfect for the MFLB. Super fluffy fine grind as long as you keep your stuff dry.
    mplx and KidFated. like this.
  11. Traaaaan

Traaaaan Member

I am so bummed tonight. I ordered the orbiter and finishing grinder last week and have been tracking it the past couple of days. UPS delivered it this afternoon while I was at work and I could not wait to go home and play with my toys. However, no package was there when I got home!

I love in a residential townhouse neighborhood with families. I do see some younger kids off on break right now. My only thoughts are 1) simply delivered to the wrong house, 2) taken by a kid

I walked all down the neighboring townhouse complexes to look for it. No luck. Granted I did get home pretty late in the day.

Has anyone ever had a package marked delivered by UPS but wasn't? I contacted magic flight as I've never had this happen before. I will contact UPS tomorrow. Any advice or tips on what I should do?
    RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  12. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

Nice pics thanks for the effort. I have medical Strawberry cough. It looks like your FG grinds your herb nice and fluffy just like mine. I will try going right to the FG also and see if it makes any difference. I can't imagine it would in any way as the end result is the same. Going right to the FG does eliminate a step. I like those little glass jars they look about the right size for the FG and are the same diameter. On the videos the guy says to get a tic-tac box. Tic-tac box seems like a good little pocket storage container to carry around town.
  13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

It's happened time or two for me, more often with the PO over the years. Usually it turns up in a few days, once a neighbor brought it by the next day, once another dropped it on the porch rang the bell and ran off. Literally. Strange neighbors......

A time or two the postman/driver brought it later explaining that it had been given back to them.

One package from Fl flat out disappeared, two tracked into the local Post Office and never came out again, in fact I just got back from a trip down there after the second one. I'm sure it's not hiding inside......at least I think I am.

Anyway, yes it happens. But it still has the right address on it, and it's not really valuable to whoever gets it, in my experience chances are good it will find you in a day or two.

Good luck.

OF
  14. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

call ups immediately if your tracking number says it was delivered. I would call the company you purchasedit from, if that was MF call them immediately if you believe the package was delivered and stolen. Did you instruct them to leave the pACKAGE? Usually you have to sign for a package or they will attempt deliver and if you aren't home they leave you a note that you have to sign.....how did they just leave a package at your door?
    mplx likes this.
  15. mplx

mplx Active Member

Yes the FG-results are always fine and fluffy. The jars are just plastic ABV containers. http://sales.magic-flight.com/abv-container/
    I bought ten with my LB, but for me they are more useful for herb storage. So when i have new herbs, from the shop or the garden i grind enough to fill 1 abv-container and label it. The ungrinded herbs stay in the plastic seal bags. I don`t close the seal bags so air can go out and in. And i store the bags in a plastic box with rice.

All the ABV goes in 1 container as shown a few posts back.

Oh btw. that plastic containers are made for the LB so they fit exactly, not that i use them that way. A full container would get me way too high:D
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  16. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

What is the purpose of leaving the bag open? And what does the rice do?
    They have a bunch of good containers out there. I have a Kinetic Food Storage containers that keeps vegetables fresh for weeks. I have forgot about strawberries and 3 weeks later they look perfect. These are the best containers or the Tightvac,,,,I have a TightVac pocketvac that I grind into with my cromium crusher. These Tightvac's are nice, absolutely no smell. Vacuum seal. Good for storing and preserving any food product. ANy size or color you want. The Pocketvac was like $5.99 shipped to my door U.S. mail, not tax no shipping. An excellent product I would recommend it highly.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  17. mplx

mplx Active Member

My experience is that the LB likes well dried herbs. Also dryer herbs are easier to grind in FG. Another point is that many Dutch coffeeshops sell weed that could use another week of drying. The quality is good and there are no problems when you roll it or smoke it pure, but in the FG it doesn`t grind that good. With my gardenherbs it`s not needed cause i dry them quite long, same for curing. I think it`s personal taste, i just like my green really dry. And the rice absorbs leftover moisture that`s in the herbs.
    KidFated. and OF like this.
  18. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

I grind first with this. http://www.amazon.com/Chromium-Crus...ie=UTF8&qid=1408675643&sr=8-12&keywords=magic flight

It gets the job done. I like to grind up a few grams at a time and store it in my Tightvac pocketvac. This is a very nice product if you are looking for a top quality grinder. I have collected a lot of kief in the lower compartment. It is going to get mixed with my abv.
    Also Amazon has Magic FLight Finishing grinders for around $25. That is where I got mine. It is genuine MF.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Flight-Finishing-Grinder-Walnut/dp/B00GNKFOTI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408677138&sr=8-2&keywords=magic flight
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    mplx likes this.
  19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

When our electronics get wet we tend to disconnect the battery and throw them in a bag of uncooked rice. The rice basically sucks out all the moisture from whatever you put it in. Herb in a bag sitting in a sealed container of rice sounds like a pretty decent way to dry out your materials actually.
    poonman, RUDE BOY, nopartofme and 3 others like this.
  20. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

Or just leave some out overnight or a day or two and they will dry out.

Well I just ordered a Power Adapter for $53.99 from VaporSeller. Good price. I am getting sick of the batteries. can't wait for this to get here next week. http://www.vaporseller.com/magic-flight-launch-box-vaporizer-power-adapter-version-2.html

Check out this knock off.....Have you guys seen this chinese crap....I can only imagine what a pos it is.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.vaporseller.com/cheap-vaporizer/cheap-portable-vaporizers/dragon-vaporizers.html
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  21. all_day_j

all_day_j Member

Our MFLB setup: 2 small altoid bins, 1 for fresh ground and 1 for used. 4 duracell 2000mah. Cut off flexible straw. broke the glass mouth piece in about a week. the straws work great and the batteries last several trenches. i grind in my magic bullet using the milling blade. also works great and i use a spoon to scrape the stuck on goodness.
    I've used the ABV in several rounds of brownies, all with stellar results. I just grind the ABV into a powder with the same magic bullet and milling blade.
    KidFated. likes this.
  22. VapeForTheTaste

VapeForTheTaste New Member

That "Dragon" looks like cancer. Tempting price on the PA.

Anyone know of any options besides the water pipe whip for 14mm adapters for the mflb?
  23. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

Just looked on vapor seller, noticed they sell the first version wpa without the whip.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  24. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I do like it best, even with the 45 degree angle it works well for me with the orbiter too.
    KidFated. likes this.
  25. VapeForTheTaste

VapeForTheTaste New Member

Are those just press to seal? I could see that as both a good and bad thing. I wish there was an adapter that you could just stick a stem straight into without a whip. I'm a little frugal for a $30 adapter.
    OF and Quetzalcoatl like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors