1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

There is, just slip two small pieces of 'nesting' tubing over the end of the 3 inch stem to bulk it up enough to seal. At least that's what I did. You can probably do it with a rubber band as well.

However, and consider this part, you need to keep the trench level. I got lucky with a little bong I had with an angled input and an angled fitting I had the made the mating opening for the box basically parallel to the deck. And it had to be dismounted between hits to shake. A whip avoids all that......no doubt part of the reason MF does it the way they do?

Good luck with it.

OF

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  2. all_day_j

all_day_j Member

whats that? i wouldnt mind a whip or something different for my MFLB

edit: i got it WPA is water pipe accessory. hmmmmm

KidFated. likes this.
  3. caves

caves Living the vape life

Thanks a bunch for the tip! Looks like it's finally time for me to pick up a PA of my own instead of borrowing a friend's. :lol:
    That's a super good deal though, the PA just went back up on Massdrop but the lowest price is $54.99 plus $7.71 shipping! Not to mention the estimated shipping date is September 18. :rolleyes: Glad you posted this!

4. all_day_j

all_day_j Member

What are some good pages to hit for mods and good experience write-ups...I'm hoping someone has book marked them because almost 1000 pages is tough to look through for a newb to the forum. I'm approaching a year with my MFLB so I have lots of experience with it but I've not branched out at all with the MFLB.

5. VapeForTheTaste

VapeForTheTaste New Member

I guess I mean I'd like something that's not jerry-rigged, (no offense meant of course,) but that isn't $30. I will probably end up going the home-made route though, so thanks for the suggestion. It'd be awesome if they just made a one piece glass stem that had a 14.4mm adapter.
    In my experience the trench can be at up to 45 degrees and the material will stay in. Also I kind of purposefully use it tilted to direct the flow of oil ever since it started overflowing. Plus, the 14.4 adapter would be for the water tool I'm considering, so it'd be level. Also I like to shake my box pretty violently, so much so that even with a 2 ft whip I often disconnect it, and I prefer a shorter vapor path. Dealing with tubing irks me.

6. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

Yeah I just got that massdrop email for the pa today. I already ordered through Vaporseller. I think $53.99 no tax, no shippping is a damn good deal. Better price than massdrop so far. I never got anything through massdrop. I just found out about it from reading this thread and went and signed up yesterday.

7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

8. Grim Chiclets

Grim Chiclets Well-Known Member

Nice fresh trench with full batteries, finally got my technique down :o-->:zzz:

axakal, $unnyblaq, mplx and 5 others like this.
  9. TrueVaper

TrueVaper New Member

Hey MFLB fans I just posted a thread in the Community Discussions forum about getting a rating system for each vaporizer's official thread. I'd appreciate it if you headed over and voiced your opinion about it. I think it would be a great way to support products like the MFLB. Some people might think the MFLB is cheap because of the price and not realize the score it would have compared to other higher priced vaporizers. This would be a way to show it's one of the best!

10. VapeForTheTaste

It's a good option for the sake of frugality, but if I have to reduce it down, it's not exactly one piece. I meant I'd like something similar to that, but that fits directly into the stem hole. "They" could make one at an angle, and one that just goes straight for use with hydrotubes. Tubing and adapters just aren't aesthetically pleasing to me.

11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Again, that does. Both are 1/4 inch......... It will fit "directly into the stem hole". You can also have one made, of course, just as you want. But I seriously doubt there's enough demand to support anyone making a special one for general use. AFAIK you're the first to put such restrictions on the project.

Good luck.

OF

davesmith and KidFated. like this.
  12. VapeForTheTaste

Ok, great, didn't realize they were the same size due to the complete lack of description. Now I see it in the reviews.

Thank you for helping, but I have to say that you've been pretty patronizing with your multiple ellipses and quotations. If you want to discourage new members, you're on the right path. I apologize if I asked a question that has been well covered, but I have done my research and just haven't found what I'm looking for. Plus I'm picky, cheap, and high, so probably not the most articulate person there is.

13. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

:mflb::smug: Sundays.....

14. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Please don't comment on another member's posting style or character. If someone breaks the rules, report the post and do not respond. If someone is not breaking the rules but offends you, either ignore it or start a private Conversation. In this case, @OF did not break any rules.

camillasappho, Vitolo and llamaman001 like this.
  15. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

My new PA will arrive tomorrow. the UPS guy usually gets here around 11. Countdown time.....
    I ordered it on friday. Good deal on Vapoerseller if you need one. I have to have power while at home. CHarging batteries is a pain.

poonman, mplx and caves like this.
  16. caves

Awesome! I ordered mine on Saturday and I hope it ships today. Should take two days to get to me. The PA is really a game changer, I think you'll enjoy it. :D

mplx likes this.
  17. MichaelAB

MichaelAB Active Member

I've been through the first twenty pages, and the most recent 100 pages, and haven't seen much--if anything--about mods; though there is positive discussion of the PA and Orbiter (both are great).

Here's some things I've done, because I like to tinker and do stuff:

-I've made my own whip out of black aquarium tubing and an eyedropper, which works great. The tubing fits well into the MFLB; the eyedropper is reversed so that the small, bottle-neck end is pressed into the tubing. The small hole works great to regulate the flow and the glass of the eye dropper feels good, and is easy to clean.

-Chapstick lids sort of fit on the end of batteries. I put a small hole in one to help with suction. I'm thinking that rubber caps can be found at OSH or ACE, in their MISC hardware area (these are hardware stores in the USA, for those unfamiliar).

-A "Ranger Band" (aka: bicycle inner tube) works great as a small rubber band to keep the lid closed.

-A straw works great for a tube, for those friends who drop things or for an impromptu replacement.

-A straw works well for a sheath for extra glass/acrylic tubes.

-Cheap craft/paint brushes work well for extra screen brushes. Using a long handled brush, while holding it gently near the end (opposite the brush) with a few fingers makes it harder to get leverage on the brush, which reduces the pressure on the screen.

-A tablespoon of lemon juice seems to help keep the Orbiter's glass a little cleaner (or makes it easier to clean).

davesmith, caves, all_day_j and 2 others like this.
  18. caves

Been messing around with increasing stem length with a small section of tubing. Not quite Gandalf-length, but it's getting there! :lol:
    [​IMG]

axakal, mplx, Ano and 4 others like this.
  19. all_day_j

all_day_j Member

Saw one on YouTube with a PA and the box in a big soda cup...good stealth

20. HomeFree

HomeFree Well-Known Member

I have a friend interested in both a launch box for flower and a pen for concentrate. I was thinking it may be a better idea to kill two birds with one stone and get the box and the concentrate tray, and use the box for both, rather than spend the cash on a pen along with the box. Do you ladies and gents find the concentrate trays work well?

My thinking is he could get a combo from PIU, and make sure to have extra batteries, a finishing grinder, and a concentrate tray to begin with.

I'm considering getting one for myself in the future for out and about stuff, although I don't use herb outside of my home very often at all.

21. all_day_j

all_day_j Member

well i tried but i can't find that launch box in a cup stealth video... it was really cool. had the lid on and everything. the straw was the draw tube obviously. he cut a hole for the PA wires in the bottom.

22. hf

hf Member

Just ordered a wpa, my friend has a small recycler rig that I'm probably gonna buy for it. So excited.

RUDE BOY and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  23. Traaaaan

Traaaaan Active Member

That's how UPS has always worked? They just leave the package unless it specifically states to get a signature.

I've ordered and sold plenty of things for years and this happened to be the first time something was misdelivered.

I did file a claim with UPS and the manager called me the next day after having spoke to the driver. It appears he delivered it to the neighboring townhouse as we have some distinguishing features in front of our place. but my neighbor didn't see anything. I think the neighborhood kids probably got it. Fucking assholes.

Anyways, Elsa from magic flight did respond and they will be shipping a new package out to me today but will send it to my work address with required signature.

I am glad magic flight is taking care of this and am excited to use the orbiter. I'm taking a tolerance break until the orbiter arrives and decided to order the PA as well.

+1 magic flight customer service.

axakal, KidFated., poonman and 5 others like this.
  24. caves

That sucks that your package got nabbed but yeah, Magic-Flight will take care of you better than most companies out there. Orbiter + PA combo is top-tier for sure. The full Magic-Flight experience. :D Add a dart stem as an Orb mouthpiece for extra fun.

25. Traaaaan

Traaaaan Active Member

What's the advantage of the dart stem? It seems my glass stem would be easier to visually see when I can harvest the honey.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors