1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

A single glass sphere should be pretty tough. Prolly take an expert with proven track record breaking glass, say Nigel or Ataxian?

I kind of like the sphere idea, it's like ball mills commonly used in industry at one level, but I wonder if you don't get better results, small but more or less intact pieces rather than mashed up? Work it too much and the trichomes take a serious beating and I think are more easily lost? I'd think the ideal shape would be tiny spheres of herb so it would flow freely and heat evenly, but as intact as possible?

One quick, even pass, through the grinder seems to have an advantage here?

OF
  2. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

OB topic: from pictures since I don't own one, the FG seems to produce a result just as fine or finer than the pill bottle. I agree, the trichomes probably do take a beating. If there's any potency lost, however, I've not been able to tell. The bottle itself doesn't seem any more coated with dust than the ones that hold stuff that I've put through my 4-piece only. Besides, I rinse out those bottles with ISO and pour it into my reclaim dish.
    OF likes this.
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That's the test that counts, trumps all the aces IMO.

Hard to argue with experimental results to the owner's satisfaction all right.

OF
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  4. GenYHippie

GenYHippie Well-Known Member

Good to know thank you :)

Awesome thanks for elaborating. When I did a search it came back with people putting coins in 4 chamber grinders to get more keif.
    Ano likes this.
  5. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

[​IMG]
    I'm not some sort of oddball for doing this right?
    goatgobaahh, b0, meek420 and 5 others like this.
  6. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

Are you left handed?

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    paytonpenn likes this.
  7. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Very
  8. KidFated.

Looked like it. I think it looks cool. :clap::rockon::mflb:
    LazyIdol likes this.
  9. GenYHippie

That's awesome! You just turned stealth into super stealth and handy :)
  10. pnutz

pnutz Puff master

So I've owned my flight box for about 4 months now. I absolutely love it!! Anyway, my only problem is that when I charge my batteries one of the red lights on the charger barley lights up when charging. Is this ok? Is it getting a proper charge? I was thinking about contacting magic flight but thought I might inquire here first. Thanks for any input.
    OF likes this.
  11. GenYHippie

Im not sure I don't have a MFLB yet but in general when ive had that happen with other rechargables it was because there was a decent in the battery. Does it have any bulges or marks on it? Im not sure how the "unwrapped" state of them effects the charging if at all. Hope someone else can be of more help :)
  12. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Even if you aren't left handed, that seems like a great way to travel if you prefer to use the draw stem rather than native. Low profile, less chance of losing the stem (vs just wrapping it with the band), and you can hit it with the stem without having it stick out.
    meek420 likes this.
  13. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

Yesterday i gave the pa2.0 a fair shot. :) the idea of having to deal with cables stopped me form using it excessively in the past. Well, the original pa did the trick, but after using its successor, i'm glad to own the pa2.0. The addtition of a button really increases the comfort of use. I vaped a trench at the middle temp setting, taking sipps of vapor with pretty visible clouds for a long time and when i fell asleep, the herbs still were slightly green. I guess, i'm a happy customer. :)
    meek420, KidFated. and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  14. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Is it ok to put the silicone from the whip directly into the draw hole? I assume it can handle the heat.
    Looks like a good idea, I may well rock this too.
  15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

First off, howdy and welcome to the Forum. Great choice with MFLB.....but you already knew that.

Let me see if I follow you: One of the LEDs on your charger is different (dimmer) than the other? Has nothing to do with the battery (that is switching sides has the same LED acting up)?

It's only an indicator, I wouldn't pay it any mind as long as it gives you some useful indication. You need it to charge batteries, not look pretty. Otherwise, the charger is covered under warranty, but not 'forever' IIRC. Your call.

OF
  16. KidFated.

One of my chargers has the same problem, the right side battery light is really dim on red. It fully charges and turns green just fine, not overheating the battery or anything, im guessing its fine
    RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  17. herefishyfishy

herefishyfishy Member

Magic Flight Life.

[​IMG]
    b0, MileHighLife, axakal and 4 others like this.
  18. KidFated.

I had this exact set up earlie with the CT trays. First time using the trays, i like them
    MileHighLife likes this.
  19. GenYHippie

Very cool. I like the aesthetic of it, a bit out of my price range for now but if i like the one i plan to order then i think this would be next up. I think i like it because its not the typical shape. I admit im guilty of looking at them and while i understand the function of them its not something id want sitting out. To rock and roll party for me, i know its stereotype and its not right but thats all ive had to associate with them till recently.
  20. herefishyfishy

herefishyfishy Member

My Collection :science::cool:

[​IMG]
    nox, meek420, b0 and 6 others like this.
  21. GenYHippie

Very nice :). Whats that metal thing on the end by the MFLB? Please excuse my curiosity whenever i see a new gadget i must know what it does lol
  22. KidFated.

Kava oil extract. Goes with te MFMD
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  23. GenYHippie

Ahhh yes i saw that advertized on the sight thank you i didnt know thats how it came. Their blends are giving me ideas i have so many herbs on hand for tea i like to know which ones are generally vape safe
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  24. bleak

bleak Well-Known Member

25. rekrab

rekrab Well-Known Member

damn dude that was tight.
    meek420 and bleak like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors