1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

My lights dont work either but im rough in my boxes!

Charges in 4 hours if that helps?

Glyph batteries or power adapter!

Quetzalcoatl, OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  2. alphabj

alphabj Member

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new recreational (2-3 times per week) MFLB user (first vape, and never really smoked except a few times). I think I've got a technique that seemed to be working for me. I think I used to draw a bit too fast and it caused me to get a bit paranoid, but now I let the box get nice and hot and do micro hits and the high seems to be a lot better (more CBD?). I think my tolerance is very low compared to most. Every time I read or a see a video, people are just getting warmed up after 2 draws. I get pretty stoned after 2 draws (about 15 seconds of micro-hits per draw), and if I take 3 draws, I can't do anything that requires a brain and it's a bit overwhelming and less relaxing. I'm using the most potent strain I've tried yet (OG Kush), so that could play into it (but I assume most people use good stuff these days). Anyways, with this new technique, I did 2 draws, then after a few hours I did 2 more, then after a couple more hours I went to bed. I woke up the next day really groggy and I felt crumby the whole day and just felt like sleeping all day. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it have anything to do with the technique? I will probably just stick with 1 draw until I figure out what's going on... Thanks!

as and GenYHippie like this.
  3. GenYHippie

GenYHippie Well-Known Member

Glad you found a technique that works sorry about the grogginess though. I had grogginess after an edible and when i vaped a higher dose of Big Bud. Im new to all this so dont take me as a prime example lol. I have less tolerance then you do so im pretty susceptible to "side effects". When i realized it was probably the big bud making me tired i didnt use any Mj at all till evening when i switched back to my usual Querkle and within 10 minutes i felt fine again.

alphabj likes this.
  4. rozal

rozal New Member

Hey guys I just joined FC, been enjoying herb for a couple years now and just got into vaporizing recently. I got a mflb the beginning of January after researching for a few months. I've got the power adapter also and would like a finishing grinder soon. I'm trying to completely switch to vaporizing, having cravings to use glass though or get huge hits (I have a small lighter sized bowl, and like to take really thick waterfall bong rips). I want to start vapor bonging with my mflb eventually, hopefully that should fill my love for glass and desire to take bigger hits. Along with being smoother and cooler. I'm looking at the orbiter, but I'm really not sure how I feel about the whips. Can anyone with experience using it and a "regular" non whip bong offer some insight onto which they prefer? And I say regular bong but I'm looking at something really small, like a little oil rig or something with a 90o adapter piece (can you even find one with a female joint for a oil rig?). I'm wanting it to be as concealable and portable as possible too so need it to be small. Does the orbiters box make a decent carrying case for it?

Also unrelated to the vaporbonging questions but do you guys think if I hit my glass stem with my dremel (cutting wheel) would it work to cut it or just completely shatter it? I prefer to use the box native but I'd like to get a really short stem, my original acrylic broke in half and I loved it really short.

OF and GenYHippie like this.
  5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

First off, welcome to the Forums. As you no doubt already know, lots of good folks around. Good first vape choice as well I think, well done.

You really need to make a clean break from blazing (typically a couple weeks, more for some, less for others), vaping only. Your brain needs to stop associating the toxic smoke with getting THC. Right now, the two go together to the extent that you can probably smoke up ABV with little or no THC left but still get red eyed and loaded. You need to learn that you don't have to put your face in the campfire to get THC. Once that link is broken it's a whole new world.

Just today, at lunch with a vaping bud of serious experience he told me about accidentally combusting in a new vape (he figures about two years?) Damn near killed him to hear him tell the tale. Most of us learn quickly to avoid combustion like the proverbial plague once we grow wise. Hopefully you will to. Lots of good fun with glass and vapor, just no blazing.

As to cutting the stem, that's not the right way, really. You score and snap glass tube then fire polish the ends. Otherwise a tiny scratch on the cut end will start a crack.

Why not just use a short acrylic one? Send me a PM with your choice of length(s), name and address and I'll cut you a couple and mail them off (if you're in the US). I've got a six foot 'stick' of the tube here. Think of it as your own personal FC 4/20 prize?

Welcome to the fun.

OF

aamp420, LazyIdol, meek420 and 10 others like this.
  6. rozal

rozal New Member

I've read a couple posts saying you need to quit combusting for a couple weeks to get the most out of vaporizing. I know I need to just quit with the smoking, I would just smash my cheap bowl if it werent for all the memories with it. I honestly get just as high or higher with the box then when smoking, I just have the want to use something glass or sometimes dont want to take 10-15 minutes to kill a trench (ive got a pretty high tolerance, I need a entire trench sometimes more) As for the stem yea I figured it wouldn't work but I had to ask. Thanks for the offer but I think Im gonna get one of the short wood stems Ive seen, whats the consensus on the wood stems?

OF likes this.
  7. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Two pieces of great advice by OF.
    Notes:
    1. Glass is easy as hell to snap if you score it with a triangular file.
    2. Fire polish is a piece of cake, and can be done in seconds with a micro torch.
    3. I have been recipient (as have a dozen of my local community members/patients) of OF's acrylic stems.. and I think you should take him up on this offer, even if you are not sure about using acrylic. You may like it.. and OF will be famous one day... and to own a tube cut by him personally for you would elevate your self respect ... as well as your status in any Vapor Community!
    And don't forget Ed's TNT Wooden Shorty Stems!
    [​IMG]

8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

All right, you win. A guy can only take so much of this without cracking the rest of the way.......

If you'll cop to being a white hat and dispensing that pile of stems to those in need, I'll open this one up for this year's 4/20 celebration. Anyone in the US who PMs me their name and address and choice of length by 4/20 gets on the list for a free stem (or two?) by USPS after the dust settles. Last year it was o-rings for Solos, this one seems in keeping with that theme. I got just over 50 takers then, let's see if we can break that record?

Great idea, Vito! Excellent delivery......who can resist being famous for a whole day in your eyes? I sure can't it seems.

Sorry to have to restrict it to those I can mail out without visiting the Post Office from Hell, but I'm not standing in that line for love or money......I'll only do it when they have something I need (and have paid for) held ransom. So, as of now, it's US only.

So there's the offer. PM me in the next ten days or so and I'll put you on the list. Free acrylic LB stem of your choice of length......get 'em quick before they're all gone. Let's put a 6 inch maximum on it so it'll fit in a simple envelope? Shorter is fine, of course.

Thanks guys (and gals). Best wishes to all for a great weekend. Spring is getting into top gear here, the roses are out, there are newly fledged birds squawking at the feeders with frantic parents wishing the kid would grow up faster and clear the nest, and there's a new family of deer (doe and two tiny fawns) hanging out down the street......ready to come eat the roses when they get a little bigger.

Life is sweet, savor it.

OF

VA.AC, linux3214, KidFated. and 14 others like this.
  9. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

[​IMG]
    Done!

Herbal Ant, OF, KidFated. and 4 others like this.
  10. rekrab

rekrab Well-Known Member

canadians always miss out :nope:

hahaha

OF and Vitolo like this.
  11. rozal

rozal New Member

OF, Ill have to take you up on the offer then, Ill send you my details in a minute.

Vitolo and OF like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you know what Mason said to Dixon? "Well, we have to draw a line somewhere......". For the brothers in the Frozen Beyond (and other places), who studied different history, the Mason/Dixon line separated slave from free in the Civil War here...... Being South of the Mason/Dixon line puts you in Dixie......where the jazz comes from.

Aside from the postage it's the Post Office you see? If I say OK to Canadians (as I wish I could) how about the Brits? Or Germans? Or those in even more remote places (look at the number of guys who can't buy the little glass flowers for their Ascents even though Amazon and EBay are filthy with them.

Again, my apology for the restriction. But I'd like to help out at least some of the faithful. You guys would have a chance to get even with me on this if one of my Solos or my HA ever broke down.......but don't hold your breath there, solid machines.

OF

deadheadbill and Vitolo like this.
  13. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

I've tangled a few times and knocked over my Orbiter running the LB + PA + Orbiter

The PA is a game changer, combined with the Orbiter it converts the LB into the perfect modular home vape system...

I just wish it felt less likely to tangle

Edit- like if the base of the orbiter had cord routers or something clever

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  14. KidFated.

@Quetzalcoatl i was gunna pm you but i wanna ask for anyone that might be wondering..

IIRC, you used rolling papers as a concentrate tray. Well i have them but my brother doesn't. How did that work? Mess up our screen any? Thanks in advance!

15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Not nearly as well as the concentrate trays. I was more concerned with the oil spreading onto the screen than I was with actually vaping it. It works in a pinch but I can't really justify it any other way lol.

GenYHippie and KidFated. like this.
  16. wiggles

wiggles Active Member

So, um. wow.

Just got my MFLB. Wow. Derp.

Seriously though, everything is working fantastic. I had no idea how fast and well this little guy would work. I'm a fairly lightweight medicator (used to be a very heavy medicator a long time ago, I have to be much more productive these days), but still, this thing hits like a sledgehammer.

My only concern - the stock batteries are on the charger. I would have thought they'd be charged by now? I've had them on for about 3.5-4 hours. They're getting really hot; I know charging batteries do, but they almost feel too hot. No swelling or anything suspicious though. Is this normal?

17. kente777

kente777 Member

I had that problem with the stock charger. I'd recommend you buy a smart charger. I have the BC-700. I use stock batteries and they only get warm.

LazyIdol and GenYHippie like this.
  18. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound abnormal to me. Usually the batteries take 4-5 hours to charge up, and they are pretty hot when they come off the charger.

It's been a few hours since you posted, did the light go green yet?

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  19. KidFated.

I think wiggles is really vaked ;)

20. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I've been hammering my new e-nano recently. Great vape, but my MFLB is still the king! (shhhh, don't tell them over in the enano thread!)

FLY ON PEOPLE

GenYHippie, as and LazyIdol like this.
  21. horst

horst Well-Known Member

Hi alphabj,

i think we are playing in the same league. :)

Great to hear you are getting the hang of the box and enjoy it. In my ears it sounds like your experiencing issues with the strain of your herb rather than your box.
    OG Kush is a really heavy indica stoner, i get the same issues with those potent kushes after a few hits. I recommend to try a less heavy hitting indica if you enjoy the general effects of the high, or trying some more sativa oriented strains. They tend to produce a more engertic high and keep you going rather than making you sleepy. Also they tend to produce a different kind of hangover the next day, less groggy and sleepy but more weird and unconcentrated maybe.

I could be completly off and you know these things already also...

What you experienced with the third hit in row is usually the same to me, i am just fine with two draws and enjoy the high. the third or fourth shoot me out to space (sativa) or into the couch (indica) way to much to follow a conversation or handling complex tasks.
    Don't let that irritate you, there's no need to go that far if your fine with the 2 draw high. Others started there as well, but raised their tolerance to other limits due to exessive usage or different bio-rythms.

Greetings from Germany,
    horst

Hi GenYHippie,

glad to hear i could clear things up a bit, excuse the long response time. I'm sorry to hear that your health doesn't allow a trip that far. I'm from North Rhine-Westphalia. I dream from california often, would love to see a legal herb dispensary someday by myself, enjoying a good strain selection in the warm sun without worries of getting busted is a dream here. Hope your brother likes his new home anyway. :)

Out of curiosity, how are you doing with the MFLB compared to the solo? I think i couldn't be happier with the Box, but i've never really tried someting else. For the stealthy outdoor capabilitys it will surely remain, but what are using at home, do you prefer the solo or the mflb? Is the herb amount compareable?

One of the small downsides i've noticed with my behavior is that i am somewhat bound to a strain for a week with the mflb. i make a 0.2g trench which lasts for a week usually. So when i feel the need to switch the trench inbetween this week the handling gets messy and smelly.
    I think i should search for a device which can handle 0,025 sized fillings, so i can try different strains on different days without the hassle of parking a used but not done filling.

Any suggestions anyone?

Greetings from Germany,
    horst

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    nopartofme and alphabj like this.
  22. wiggles

wiggles Active Member

Yup! I went for a few mile run and by the time I was back they'd gone green. Also, after they were done charging their temp dropped significantly. So, I think everything is good in the hood :)

I can neither confirm nor deny those allegations, sir! Ha! I did end up falling asleep on our couch last night, much to the dismay of the Mrs, and the dog that usually sleeps there.

2 Paces likes this.
  23. horst

horst Well-Known Member

This. (+pakalolo)

I guess you have to take care of every single aspect of your surroundings when trying to really compare the personal preffered heatup times.

As if I speak of superdry herbs, i am talking about a humidity between 40% and 50%, as in western europe it hardly reaches other conditions. So letting my herbs dry naturally usually never gets them under 40% but for me its superdry compared to the state of 60% it has when i recieve it.
    So compared to a 5 second heat up from arizona with 20% humidity herb i can imagine combustion quite quick.

Next is grind consistency followed by strain differencies, all assuming an equally used and aged MFLB with the same battery conditions.

But the discussion itself helps people to find their own sweet spot i think.

Trust your own senses and experiences while orienting on others if you get frustrated seems to fit not only in MFLB handling but in general. :)

Greetings from Germany,
    Horst

axakal, nopartofme and OF like this.
  24. Ano

Ano FC Lover

Hum... Maybe try a MFLB ?

Joking aside, in my personal experience I found the LB to work really well with really small loads.
    My maximum loads are around .100 (on special occasions or when sharing with a few friends), and I have tried as low as .010 loads with success, my standard load being around .033 to .050.

The thing is it takes as much battery juice to heat up a big trench compared to a smaller one, so I usually load bigger trenches when outside and relying on battery power, whereas I load only one-session trenches when inside and using the PA (precisely to be able to use whichever strain I want whenever I want it).

nopartofme, OF and horst like this.
  25. horst

horst Well-Known Member

Hi Ano,

hmm, sometimes i am too close to see :lol:

Never really thought about it cause i've made bad expierences not filling to exatly even the bar-space. It was quite a way with a lot of combusted trenches to find my ideal hitting technique. As I use second-rules to orient myself in the process it just worked with an always even amount of herb.

When I hit my box with small loads it always gets too quick out of control and i accidently combust using the same heatup and draw times, what technique do u use?
    Anyway, thanks for the hint. definitly worth some experimental sessions using very few amounts and finding another sweet spot for these. :tup:

Greetings,
    horst

nopartofme likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors