1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Mine isn't even going to Canada. Hopefully we'll get it next week.

2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I do not care for the idea of etchings in the acrylic.
    It looks like dirt/residues could get into the laser etchings lines.
    That is only the 1st issue.
    It disguises the load, so you can not see if you are shaking it well... and you can not easily see the trenches level or color.

ShipDit, axakal, Nycdeisel and 5 others like this.
  3. GOATPUSSY

GOATPUSSY Well-Known Member

Meh... The etching is umm... Ok. I guess. Think it would be much cooler to get a custom laser etched logo or your name on the box. Like maybe even a special limited holiday edition with skull cowboy smoking dude logo thingy on the back.

I could see it now.... HELLO. I'm GOATPUSSYs #4 box.

ShipDit and axakal like this.
  4. HighlyEducatedScholar

HighlyEducatedScholar Student of Vapor

exactly my first thought when i saw the acrylic etchings. i don't know about you guys but i like to constantly check on the trench color after every hit. maybe a little OCD on my part? i'm more of a functionality over aesthetics guy. whatever floats people's boats i guess...

Puffers, Vitolo and Vicki like this.
  5. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a laser-etched design on the acrylic that covered everything except the trench. Could look really nice with a good design…

6. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

i don't know if its been mentioned before.. but i got all my battery covers from home depot... they're called rubber Screw Protectors 1/2"... mine are grey and $0.77 for 2... same as the black ones it comes w/

ShipDit, Vicki and OF like this.
  7. vii

vii Active Member

yeah i just check out those new boxes with the design on them.they look cool but there not practical.one advantage of using the box is seeing the herb clearly.i would think using the these new boxes would be like using your boxes with a buildup stuck to the lid.which get annoying after time.still loving my new walnut box.when the load is same color as my box,i know its done now lol.life just got easier .

axakal and kingofnull like this.
  8. terpsfan726

terpsfan726 Active Member

as much as i love my pax, i miss my old box. i might cave in and buy one soon ... really soon

ShipDit, Mendohead and Vitolo like this.
  9. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Definitely. Its a feature I miss on a lot of other vapes I own.

vii likes this.
  10. terpsfan726

guess its no longer on amazon. :mad: thinking of buying it off puffitup like i did last time, or buy one off the classifieds that includes a pa, wpa, and some extra batteries for $150.

puffitup has great deals and the box would be brand new

if i got if off here, it would include the pa which i have heard great things of, and some extra goodies. but it would also be used and can always run the risk of getting ripped off(no hard feelings to the seller)

NotPotRelated likes this.
  11. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

[​IMG]
    Any idea how many grams these hold?

12. terpsfan726

grinded or ungrinded?

grinded they can hold quite a bit. im pretty terrible at guessing, so i cant give you an estimate. sorry

13. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

They look like the 2 free cases PIU sent me when I received my Solo .
    They're about 1 1/2 inch in diameter .
    I can get 1 gram of fine grind ,
    1 1/2 gram of extra fine grind drier herb .

ShipDit and Vicki like this.
  14. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

They are called Magic Flight ABV Containers.. sold by most vape dealers.

poonman and Vicki like this.
  15. NotPotRelated

NotPotRelated MFLB Pro

i really hope mf comes out with a good way to use hash with this thing....:mflb:

ShipDit, vii and Vicki like this.
  16. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

My local co-op, uses those little containers for hash, seeds and such.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  17. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

I use a similar one to that, it's an old lip balm container. It holds about a weeks worth of very fine grind at two sessions a day, so roughly fourteen trenches.

18. Edward Hyde

Edward Hyde Well-Known Member

it feels like my batteries are fading...they seem like if i charge them full now and ait to use them tomorrow like they lose theyr power...so they are either dying or its not good to leave them charged with the caps on just standing on the table...

19. ufo757

ufo757 Member

Hello, I recently went through the warranty procedure for a box and I can't express how impressed I am with this company. Put in the claim last Sunday, they contacted me Monday, yadda yadda yadda receive replacement box Saturday. Back up and flying. New box is working so much better than what I had been using, and the new click lock or whatever you call it is brilliant! No longer am I obsessively reaching for a rubber band to ensure I don't spill my load.

I am curious about the WPA but I lack a water pipe. I don't know if it is acceptable to ask so I'll ask do any of the sponsored sites here offer a suitable water pipe for the WPA? I might treat myself to a walnut collection of MF products. They're so classy looking.

I love you Magic Flight

Vicki and BigDaddyVapor like this.
  20. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

What is it about the water pipe adapter that you want if you don't have a water pipe? If it's the whip, Magic Flight sells those on their website. I believe they come in 1, 2, and 3 foot segments, and they come with two "shorty" stems. The WPA is simply a very easy way to get your LB to run with water filtration.

Hope that box comes with the logo batteries. They're a treat.

21. Nycdeisel

Nycdeisel Well-Known Member

My batteries seemed to be doing this. So I ran them through a Refresh cycle on my Maha/Powerex C-9000 charger. Then they were working good as new! Best charger hands down, but not as easy as popping them in and waiting, but also not nearly as compicated as I originally thought when I first received it(I was thinking, upon first looking at the charger and instructions -"I am never going to figure this out..." But now I pop them in, push a few buttons and then im done, just to play the waiting game. It can also discharge them, which I always do before recharging :)

OF likes this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I don't think that's at all realistic, do you? They have officially told us they are in very short supply (not available for purchase yet, only available with custom wood boxes). Giving them out with free warranty replacement boxes would be encouraging a bunch of very expensive (for them) 'white lies' wouldn't it?

AFAIK replacement boxes are just that, replacement boxes. No extra free batteries (of any type), chargers, tins and so on.

Can't be 'encouraging a good boy to do bad' now can we?

OF

23. terpsfan726

how much of a difference does the pa actually make? what other vapes, in terms of vapor production, would you compare it to?

24. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Yes sir, and if you note on their site, the Walnut Box is listed as a premium wood unit, with retail price of $149.00. I may have been a little tipsy last night, but I figured he'd get the premium kit with the same batteries I have. Unless you mean custom to be something other than just the premium wood? Do you mean the laser-etched ones to be custom?

25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Careful. Best go read it again? As I read it he got a replacement box (for an old standart 'no latch' box).

He said "I might treat myself to a walnut collection of MF products" which I took to mean he's considering getting one???

OF

Quetzalcoatl likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors