I'm surprised people are having issues. I'm still on my first MFLB after nearly two years.

How often do you use yours? I really like the MFLB but in my experience it does not have the stamina to last forever, hence the lifetime warranty.

My drivers license says Name: BigDaddyVapor

<---<< license picture.

I'm a blue lobster, so luckily I don't need a license. :)

VapingLobster,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
How often do you use yours? I really like the MFLB but in my experience it does not have the stamina to last forever

Mine is going on 11 months of daily use, anywhere from 2-6+ trenches a day, every single day. personally, I'm more worried of the batteries dying than the vape. Its paid itself about ten times over.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Mine is going on 11 months of daily use, anywhere from 2-6+ trenches a day, every single day. personally, I'm more worried of the batteries dying than the vape. Its paid itself about ten times over.

I've had one of my LB's for over 3 years. Had another one for about a year and a half. This past year I bought a used exotic maple, limited edition LB here in the classifieds. I use them all, and none have failed me yet. :) I also agree about the batteries. I know they will never last as long as the LB's. I think if the user is careful, the LB can last a lifetime. :)

That's somewhere close to how frequently I use my box. Anyway, I guess my use must be heavier considering my 2 imedions already died(they barely hold charge and won't even get hot enough to create anything) and the 4 2700mah Sonys that I used to use for my dSLR automated flash have also more or less run their course...

Got the PA about 2 weeks ago and it's been pretty good. But I posted earlier my box might run cold...so once the warranty box comes in I'll try out all my batteries on em again.

I've had one of my LB's for over 3 years. Had another one for about a year and a half. This past year I bought a used exotic maple, limited edition LB here in the classifieds. I use them all, and none have failed me yet. :) I also agree about the batteries. I know they will never last as long as the LB's. I think if the user is careful, the LB can last a lifetime. :)

I was pretty careful, actually I would say my carefulness is what eventually bit me in the butt. I brush everything out after every trench and after about 2 weeks it began to develop this...heated on/glued on look where the trench bars are. I was worried at first but after it didn't get any worse for 2 months I figured it was okay. Then all of a sudden it ripped, didn't even touch it or anything. Just after a trench all of a sudden it was split down the side.

I also clean the unit fairly regularly, about every 2 weeks. Tad bit OCD.

VapingLobster,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I was pretty careful, actually I would say my carefulness is what eventually bit me in the butt. I brush everything out after every trench and after about 2 weeks it began to develop this...heated on/glued on look where the trench bars are. I was worried at first but after it didn't get any worse for 2 months I figured it was okay. Then all of a sudden it ripped, didn't even touch it or anything. Just after a trench all of a sudden it was split down the side.

I have OCD too. I brush out my LB's after every trench. Actually, I'll brush pieces out from under the rubber ring after I shake a trench. :lol: I feel that if I do that, nothing can have a chance to build up, and it works well for me..

That's so weird that the trench just ripped like that. I have had a warranty replacement before due to my own stupidity. I was scraping the bar with my fingernail, and ripped the screen. :uhoh: Needless to say, I have never done that again. My boxes have been very durable, and only the new newest LB's have the rubber ring around the trench. Even the one that doesn't have the rubber ring works great. :)

Here is a picture of my exotic maple:

1dznnd.jpg

I have OCD too. I brush out my LB's after every trench. Actually, I'll brush pieces out from under the rubber ring after I shake a trench. :lol: I feel that if I do that, nothing can have a chance to build up, and it works well for me..

That's actually the exact way I brush mine. We can be OCD buddies. :( but :) hahaha

That maple box looks really awesome! Is that a shorty glass stem on it too?

Also on a random note it's always bugged me but how do other mflb owners use those tiny custom or homemade containers and abv containers? I always find that I have to use a relatively large lipped jar to ensure that nothing falls out when I'm emptying it.

VapingLobster,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
That's actually the exact way I brush mine. We can be OCD buddies. :( but :) hahaha

That maple box looks really awesome! Is that a shorty glass stem on it too?

Also on a random note it's always bugged me but how do other mflb owners use those tiny custom or homemade containers and abv containers? I always find that I have to use a relatively large lipped jar to ensure that nothing falls out when I'm emptying it.

Maybe start an OCD club. ;)

Thanks! I love my exotic LB. That stem is acrylic. I stopped using it right after I took the picture. I got a short and a long maple stem from Ed, and now I only use those. :)

If you mean the clear containers with the screw top that Magic Flight provides, I do use mine, but transfer to a bigger container later.

Vicki,

Quetzalcoatl

Vicki, that box is BEAUTIFUL!

Lobster, I went to a local craft's store and saw a pack of 8 small circular containers that looked like a good fit. It was $2 so I said "why not?" and bought them. Sure enough, perfect fit :) Just put it on top and flip it over. I think I have about 1.2-1.4g ABV in there. When it gets full, I dump it in a larger container that i have where I leave other things at. The little one is more of a "travel" container for when I step out of the house, or when I'm too lazy to get the big jar.

skippy

That's somewhere close to how frequently I use my box. Anyway, I guess my use must be heavier considering my 2 imedions already died(they barely hold charge and won't even get hot enough to create anything) and the 4 2700mah Sonys that I used to use for my dSLR automated flash have also more or less run their course...

Got the PA about 2 weeks ago and it's been pretty good. But I posted earlier my box might run cold...so once the warranty box comes in I'll try out all my batteries on em again.

That is EXACTLY what happened to mine,vamping lobster. I am also very careful with the care of my MFLB, I love it, but I had a build up that I noticed on the bars that seemed to be there for months then all of a sudden I noticed a tear in one side. I had been using it every day about twice a day for ten months when it tore. I too clean mine out after EVERY trench and never put anything foreign into it.

skippy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Using the default brush on rails is safe. So soaking the brush in iso is safe for cleaning them. Don't use wool or textil or similar. That will hook on welds and possibly tear it.

Seek,
Reactions: Vicki

al bundy

Vaporist
I too try to brush out after use while the box is hot.
I always figured the build up on/under the rails would reduce the power since the rails do carry the current to heat the screen.

I dip the brush in iso and clean the rails that way.
I also hold the box upside down when cleaning for less ISO soaking into the wood.

I have 2 of the original brushes that i think are much better than the all white plastic ones.
I dig the new Cherry and Walnut boxes too.

al bundy,
Reactions: Vicki
Yeah I do all that for cleaning too, but oh well. Think my unit might have just been faulty as well, never combusted even when I tried using the "run-cold" test where you hold the battery or PA in for 30 seconds to wait for combustion. Am anxiously awaiting an email from them today

Also, I can't try it yet but I found my PD car adapter today, that fits into the PA right?

VapingLobster,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use a q-tip dipped in Iso (91%) and rub the "fuzz" on those bars... repeatedly and gently, untill I see the cotton start getting "brown marks'....
then I wait a few seconds, and use a dry qtip against the bars, and the dark "fuzz" comes of every time.
When I finish this, my next hits are ALWAYS thicker and cloudier, and the trenches always go better.
The bars will look shiny.
It is true that you wont want to "scrape" this stuff off, for fear of harming the screen, but the Iso q-tip regime I use, has been used on all 3 of my Launch Boxes, monthly at minimum for over a year now.
No screen damage yet.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
If using q-tip I recommend rolling it over rails instead of brushing motion. It will be slower, but zero risk of cotton being hooked possibly tearing the screen.

OF

While on the topic of build up, let's remember MF's interesting (and IMO very important) observation that moisture in the herb plays a huge role here.

I use dryer and finer ground herb than most (I think) and despite lots of use am not plagued with build up on the rods (easy to clean up what little does happen) or under the trench (worst spot seems to be a couple of globules on the light leads of all places?).

Very dry herb also vapes faster, saving battery life. I recommend it.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Definitely agree OF, finished off some Blue Dream a few days ago that was super dry and it went by quick but just as satisfying. Taking the LB with me today to go out and about!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

OF

Definitely agree OF, finished off some Blue Dream a few days ago that was super dry and it went by quick but just as satisfying. Taking the LB with me today to go out and about!

Small world, this. The last few days I've been enjoying exactly that strain in one of my MFLBs under the excuse of battery testing. It's a treat indeed, and is working just fine here as well.

IMO you've got an excellent traveling companion for the day, hope you both enjoy it.

OF

OF,
I've scraped the bars before without incident, but I've just left it for the past year. Still, I bet the scrapings would get you high as fuck.

kingofnull,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I use a soaked brush of iso 91%, box upside down and brush it out as I normally would. Paying particular attention to the bars. If you do it regularly, it comes off pretty easy. Then a quick burn off.

As for cure and dryness. If you want a quick way, to remove water moisture. Place your herbs in a glass jar, seal it and stick it in the refrigerator. Leave it however long, just make sure the condensation has formed on the glass. Dump your herb out. Let it and the jar normalize to room temp. Do it again, if you want. Until its the dryness you want. With this newest box, I don't have even a hint of the past build up, below the trench, on other boxes.

Is basically a cheat quick cure, which I had to do with some very fresh green stuff. Lost some of the bouquet... But it works just the same.

poonman

Update :
I'd finally sent photos of my defunct LB to MF this morning .
I received my quick response tonight from K .
They've ok my replacement because of torn screen .:clap:

Unfortunately , they can't ship out the PA for purchase on the same shipment .
I have to contact the sales dept. for that .
So the PA might get here in 2 weeks and the replacement LB 10 - 30 days .

I just know , I'll be staring at the PA , with no LB to play with !!!
Why don't they sell the LB separately for a reduced price ?
Or did I missed that one on their site ?

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do not know if this is still done...
There was a time when you could call and order a "bare box" for a reduced cost.
you might check on that~

poonman

I do not know if this is still done...
There was a time when you could call and order a "bare box" for a reduced cost.
you might check on that~

Thank you Vito ,
I'm always glad to get help from the Master .
I will try that tomorrow .
You're the Best .

poonman,
Top Bottom