Cinnamonster

Oh wow, so many places. I've used it at the movie theatre before many times...Walmart, NASA Kennedy Space Center (always have to go through metal detectors and get my purse searched before entering and ALWAYS got it in), Orange County Convention Center during a Sci-Fi convention, amusement parks, the list goes on and on. I might even use it in the bathroom of a police department! :lol: Not that I really have any reason to go to a police department for any reason. :)

Of course not! All of the FC community seem to be composed of responsible and intelligent individuals... maybe even the quintessential member of society, sans the love for herb (according to them...)
I'd be too paranoid to use it in a police department though... Probably because I look suspicious... Long hair and trippy Tool shirts... I'd suspect me!

Any tips for getting through a metal detector? I'm taking my MFLB to a concert today, and I think there may be some metal detectors. I have my "camera batteries", but my MFLB doesn't really have an "alias", so hiding it would be best! I've tied one of my sweater's sleeves into a knot before, and just throw my stuff within the sleeve, and it works well, but I've only done that once.

Cinnamonster,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Of course not! All of the FC community seem to be composed of responsible and intelligent individuals... maybe even the quintessential member of society, sans the love for herb (according to them...)
I'd be too paranoid to use it in a police department though... Probably because I look suspicious... Long hair and trippy Tool shirts... I'd suspect me!

Any tips for getting through a metal detector? I'm taking my MFLB to a concert today, and I think there may be some metal detectors. I have my "camera batteries", but my MFLB doesn't really have an "alias", so hiding it would be best! I've tied one of my sweater's sleeves into a knot before, and just throw my stuff within the sleeve, and it works well, but I've only done that once.

I don't really have any tips. I was nervous going into NASA, but once I got through, I felt a lot better. Now I've gone in and out there many times without incident. I don't look very suspicious, so no one really ever messes with me.

I am in a wheelchair (which has a lot of metal), so if the detector ever goes off, they attribute it to the chair, I assume. I'm not sure if an LB would actually set off a detector.

Vicki,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used the MFLB:
-In the supermarket driving the disabled "cart"
-Sitting in a crowded waiting room at a community dental clinic.
-At the zoo.
-In a dozen fast food restaurants while waiting for a burger.
-In fine restaurants, while waiting for my food.
-On line at the bank

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I have a question , since i sold my mflb to a friend and he used it every day ,so the unit has seen much action and there is so much goo under the screen and "charcoals" and are so hard that ethanol cant do shit to them.. even when you heat the screen with the battery.. So my question is.. Can he get it replaced by MFLB company under warranty since the unit is still functional but is gooed to the point of no return..( trust me..) and that craps the taste and maims the overall function

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Vitolo

OF

I have a question , since i sold my mflb to a friend and he used it every day ,so the unit has seen much action and there is so much goo under the screen and "charcoals" and are so hard that ethanol cant do shit to them.. even when you heat the screen with the battery.. So my question is.. Can he get it replaced by MFLB company under warranty since the unit is still functional but is gooed to the point of no return..( trust me..) and that craps the taste and maims the overall function

I think he should contact them directly for that answer. FWIW I recall others doing just that, IIRC they wanted photos showing the serial number and box with the screen torn out (kind of like canceling a check...).

Kind of fun, really. Off hand I can't think of another similar product you can wear out and expect a replacement. It's had a lot of dollars (or whatever) in herb run though it at this point.....

Great little gadgets, pity to not have it performing 100%. I'd send 'em some email. Good luck.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hello fellow Magic Flyers, I come with a question. I have a bottle of jojoba oil that I use to moisturize my stretched lobes (9/16".) Does anyone know if it would be safe for my box? I'd like to at least give it one oil, but I'm unsure if I should buy some organic coconut oil or if jojoba will suffice. Thanks!

Some eye candy of tonight's dessert.

KCsNg.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

^Why do you want to oil up your mflb?

Nice nug by the way
Thanks! I want to keep it clean and beautiful and preserved because I love it, even though I'll probably end up getting the newer model in the next couple months, as soon as I get some other purchases out of the way.

When I get in a used Launch box from a community member.. that is dead filthy, I use "Goddard's Butcher Block Oil" on it .. I rub briskly with a paper towel moist with the stuff.. then when clean, I buff it dry.
Thank you my good sir, that's quite affordable and I think my dad'll appreciate it if I gave his block a nice oil.

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

A chance emergency placed me within mere miles of my favorite collective tonight... decided to make a quick trip and pick up a few grams. Got some Power Plant and Blackberry Kush. Vaped a small bowl of BK and I'm feeling real good. Not out of it very much, no pain in my body (also took 1 50mg tramadol), muscles feel like they're being massaged. Can't believe this thing is giving me these results.

I also found out that less is more earlier today. While I was at a Five Guys, I decided to take a quick few puffs while I did my porcelain duties. Probably only took four puffs, finished up, and left the place. About 20 minutes later I realized I was getting wicked cottonmouth but that the indica stone was setting in smoothly. I stayed like that for a few hours. I can get desirable results with only four or five puffs from this thing. I'm wondering now why I used to go through trenches... I'm taking less hits and getting where I want to be anyways. Doesn't make sense, like my tolerance reversed a bit? Maybe it's the strain? My brain readjusting?

Who knows :ko:

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

I also found out that less is more earlier today. While I was at a Five Guys, I decided to take a quick few puffs while I did my porcelain duties. Probably only took four puffs, finished up, and left the place. About 20 minutes later I realized I was getting wicked cottonmouth but that the indica stone was setting in smoothly. I stayed like that for a few hours. I can get desirable results with only four or five puffs from this thing. I'm wondering now why I used to go through trenches... I'm taking less hits and getting where I want to be anyways. Doesn't make sense, like my tolerance reversed a bit? Maybe it's the strain? My brain readjusting?

Interesting and potentially very useful.... Clearly, more research is called for....science demands no less.

At the very least I'd schedule another run on that dispensary to get a few more or those grams.....know how to start another emergency?

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

Interesting and potentially very useful.... Clearly, more research is called for....science demands no less.

At the very least I'd schedule another run on that dispensary to get a few more or those grams.....know how to start another emergency?

OF
Well, if anything, I have to tie my shoe laces.... in the waiting room of theirs!

But seriously, I used to vape a trench and now I realize that I can get the same effects from 5 hits. What gives?

Quetzalcoatl,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
A chance emergency placed me within mere miles of my favorite collective tonight... decided to make a quick trip and pick up a few grams. Got some Power Plant and Blackberry Kush. Vaped a small bowl of BK and I'm feeling real good. Not out of it very much, no pain in my body (also took 1 50mg tramadol), muscles feel like they're being massaged. Can't believe this thing is giving me these results.

What's your normal pattern? If you load a trench and hit repeatedly as quickly as you can, which apparently a lot of users do because that's how you smoke a joint, then I'd say nothing has changed.

When I were a lad :myday: I lived for a while in a place where hash was much easier to get than weed. My normal procedure was to cut the hash into tiny one-hit chunks and smoke them one at a time. I used to get wrecked on 4-6 hits like this, but the point I'm getting at is that it was similar to my vapourizing pattern, in that there would be at least five minutes or more between hits. This allowed time for the high to come on and by the time I got to hit 4 or 5 I would be quite happy and not need any more. One of the joys of switching to vapourizing was rediscovering the beauty of waiting between hits.

I realize that's not what you did here, but I think if you spaced out your hits you'd be delighted with the results and you wouldn't need to finish a trench as soon as you load it. If I load a trench in the morning, I can usually make it last at least until the next day and stay ripped the whole time, just by waiting between hits. I start with three or four, then hit once or twice every half hour or maybe more. I tend to lose track. :ko:

pakalolo,

Cinnamonster

Well, if anything, I have to tie my shoe laces.... in the waiting room of theirs!

But seriously, I used to vape a trench and now I realize that I can get the same effects from 5 hits. What gives?

I also used to vape full trenches, but like you, found out I can get AS medicated with less. After a while, I began to JUST cover the bottom of the trench with a bit of kief and take a couple of hits, stop, and enjoy. It worked so well since I have to be careful at home... and I found that I leave less smell behind with kief. I haven't used my Box in a while (due to the Evo), but writing this is making me miss it. Luckily, I have my girlfriend's box at reach, and some lovely Super G-13 :)

Cinnamonster,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
One of my favourite features of the MF is that you can just take a hit or two and put it down. When I'm at work I only do 1 trench in a 12 hour night shift. I take a hit or two every 30 mins-ish and it keeps me 'happy' all shift :D

skippy

I've just recieved a new box after I had to order one due to my first box splitting along the top of the trench. I ordered another one and will be sending my old one back as well for a replacement, I just wanted a backup, which was Vicki's idea, and I thank her for that sugestion.
Anyway my thoughts on the knew box are just WOW, I cant remember the original box hitting like this when it was new, particularly as it got older. It seems to heat up really quick, like 3 seconds,and I get huge plumes of vapour, it just about compusted the first time I used it. This box seems to perform a lot like some people here claim their box works, big hits and visable vapour. Maybe my original box was not running hot enough, because the difference is amazing.
Maybe its the new batteries as well. I never cleaned my original box with ISO or anything other than a brush out, I had it for 9 months, maybe it just needed a clean, does anyone else not clean out their box with anything other than the brush,but still get hits like when they bought it?
I'll have to see how the next replacement box hits when I get it in a week or so, see if its the same as this one, I hope so. This new box is fantastic. I think I need to invest in ISO and clean it every week or so, if this is what a clean box hits like.:smug:

Top Bottom