Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That's hilarious, Vito. Are you going to suggest to MF that they make a nose adapter now? :rofl:
I'd buy two ;)

Random thought, but how feasable would it be to make a rechargable battery pack thing for the box? Think like, 10 batteries or something working as one unit for when you're out and about and can't use the PA.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vitolo

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Vitolo is innocent -- at least of this.

As if we can take your word for it? The two of you have been suspiciously absent from this thread for a while now.

Strange things are afoot, at the Circle K.
tumblr_lk2l44nBx31qzzh6g.jpg

(DISCLAIMER: All in good fun... for those lacking humor)

BigDaddyVapor,

BioDemon

You guys are so funny.. I actually tried it through my nose once, wondering how the "Breathe through your nose" tech would work.. when applied directly to nostril.. Surely a better idea than the clever people who think of smoking through their nose.
I can't remember results, I did it just to test airflow, which was, ok :p but hot

BioDemon,

OF

You guys are so funny.. I actually tried it through my nose once, wondering how the "Breathe through your nose" tech would work.. when applied directly to nostril.. Surely a better idea than the clever people who think of smoking through their nose.
I can't remember results, I did it just to test airflow, which was, ok :p but hot

Just because you did something Vitolo did isn't a reason for undue concern. If you're going to follow his lead, this is a pretty safe one to start with. But you guys aren't even close to the final round here, women in some places in Asia smoke cigarettes with the fire inside their mouth. That ranks high on my weird-o-meter. I once worked with an older guy with a blown eardrum (war injury). He'd calmly leak a little smoke out his ear to amuse new people. IMO that one's off the old chart.

OF

OF,

stuey

Hey guys, still waiting for my PA to arrive (2 weeks now, not that this can be helped) so I was wondering, what is the best way to use the PA? What power setting and draw technique do most people find works best?

stuey,

stuey

Seriously! I catch myself a lot looking at my box wondering how the hell they had the idea to come up with something so simple!

So one of my stock batteries can't hold a charge anymore :( I can get like, four "hits" out of it before it's totally dead, while my other one provides enough energy for a dozen. Looking around, I've decided that I want to get some Powerex 2700's. If I'm not mistaken, the stock MFLB charger is a quick charge/trickle type. Would that damage the Powerex's in any way? I don't really want to spend $50 on a charger just for the batteries if I can spend an extra $10 and get the PA.

The better chargers have a refresh cycle, so its quite likely (like this happens to my batteries quite a lot) that by running the old batteries through the refresh cycle that they all work fine afterwards.

stuey,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is a whole world of new settings and draw techniques.. for you to play with.
I personally go 1/2 power... with long super slow trickling draws... that feel warm and flavorful on the tongue.... and I take about a dozen "shakes" and draws to finish.

If I am in a hurry, I lift the power to 3/4.

if weed is oilier than most.... I may occasionally boost higher....
but I like it low.

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hey guys, still waiting for my PA to arrive (2 weeks now, not that this can be helped) so I was wondering, what is the best way to use the PA? What power setting and draw technique do most people find works best?

The right setting is subjective, so I think you'll have to play around with your PA to find your favorite temp. My PA is one of the first beta units and I find I need to have it set at the highest settings to work the way I like it. Others, like Vito, use theirs at lower settings. My advice would be to start low and work your way up the dial. And, as Vito pointed out, the consistency of the herb will make a big difference.

As far as draw, I've found the technique is the same. Think really fresh batteries. ;)

momofthegoons,

420poak

Hey guys I just lost my glass stem and I'm wondering about what could I use to replace it? I prefer hitting my mflb with the stem since when using the "micro-hits/Sipping" technique it's a lot easier to see the vapor form in the tube before taking each hit. Also when I use the long, slow draw technique the stem really helped me since I could see the small vapor trail.

So is there anything I could use to replace the stem? Or do you guys have any tips when hitting the box native?

Thanks!

420poak,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
When my glass stem broke I've got an acrylic one and a 1ft whip. Both are great. The acrylic one doesn't taste worse, than the glass, but it doesn't cool vapor down that much. Also it's not cleaned that easily. I love using the whip. I can see vapor flowing better as I can position the LB to light well. Also a really great thing about whip is that I can shake while hitting. It makes hits bigger, more potent and cooking is more uniform.

Seek,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hey guys I just lost my glass stem and I'm wondering about what could I use to replace it? I prefer hitting my mflb with the stem since when using the "micro-hits/Sipping" technique it's a lot easier to see the vapor form in the tube before taking each hit. Also when I use the long, slow draw technique the stem really helped me since I could see the small vapor trail.

So is there anything I could use to replace the stem? Or do you guys have any tips when hitting the box native?

Thanks!
The green starbucks straws fit perfectly.

Quetzalcoatl,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Regarding batteries:

-How long will the LB stock batteries hold a charge, if left unused?

I'm more of a PA girl, so I don't use my batteries that often. It seems that when I do get around to breaking them out, they are pretty weak.

sydnee,

OF

Regarding batteries:

-How long will the LB stock batteries hold a charge, if left unused?

I'm more of a PA girl, so I don't use my batteries that often. It seems that when I do get around to breaking them out, they are pretty weak.

Not an issue with the stock (2400 mAh) version, 85% after a year:
http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=426

That's not true for the 'better' 2700s, they self discharge fairly quickly. I charge mine directly before use, but the 2400s I've used six months later.

OF

OF,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
When my glass stem broke I've got an acrylic one and a 1ft whip. Both are great. The acrylic one doesn't taste worse, than the glass, but it doesn't cool vapor down that much. Also it's not cleaned that easily. I love using the whip. I can see vapor flowing better as I can position the LB to light well. Also a really great thing about whip is that I can shake while hitting. It makes hits bigger, more potent and cooking is more uniform.

I dig using the whip too, and for just the reasons you state. I kinda thought the whip was hokey at first, but I've really grown to enjoy it.

Vapinghole,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still prefer and use the acrylic stem over the glass.

Ed's TNT wooden stems take it to the next level!

Vitolo,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I recommend replacing your stem with one of eds stems. They are the most amazing way to vape from your LB. Each has a story to tell and a different feel while vaping. i never use the glass stem it came with, but considering it again while vaping with my sister, whos lipstick has stained one my wood stems.

YoGranMazPimp,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yeah, the wooden stem is the opposite of the whip. Don't have one, but they must feel so tasty and comfy and natural. But you don't see vapor flow, and can't shake while hitting. For me, the whip wins (I'm more a function-appreciating guy), but everyone has different demands. If I had a wooden stem I would use i t sometimes too. Can they be cleaned? I think ISO can't be used with them if you don't want them to taste like solvent.

Seek,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
As you said Seek, to each his own! The stems can be cleaned just not submerged is all. Simply get some bristled pipe cleaners dip them in ISO and shake out the excess, push em through the stem and let dry. That should do it! Not seeing the vapor is not a big deal imo, you can feel it and also taste it so you know what your getting. I only used the acrylic once or twice, never tried the glass, my first time ti use the glass I had gotten went to shit real quick. I yanked it out to show my cuz and slipped out of my hand taking a hard fall on the ceramic floor. Thats why I use wood! I can see the vapor in the box so I know whats coming through the stem, then I feel it in the back of my throat, hold it and its on! Give em a try Seek, it does add to the LB experience!

Ed's TnT,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
The vapor guru Vito once said to clean wooden stems in 80 proof bacardi rum, to avoid stripping off the "seasoning" , like a cast iron skillet. Ive yet to clean my stems, but this will be the method i try. Hope it gets that damn lipstick off!

YoGranMazPimp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vito is the man! He would know, he has every species of wooden stem I have ever made!

Hope it gets the damn lipstick off Pimp!

Ed's TnT,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Thanks for these cleaning tips, helpful for anyone who have these and is concerned about using iso.
Not seeing the vapor is not a big deal imo, you can feel it and also taste it so you know what your getting.
If I do a non-visual draw I use muscle memory to draw as fast as I normally do. I can feel the vapor, but I want to see it to be sure I'm doing it right. I like most the visual regulation and get the best hits this way. But again, everyone is different, some feel vapor better or learn non-visual techniques more. Laso non-visual are more stealthy.

I can see the vapor in the box so I know whats coming through the stem...
I can see the vapor in there only when i start drawing when it's accumulated and fades in vortex (so it can be visual regulation for pulse-hitting). I use long slow draw method and this way vapor can be seen only in the stem.

Give em a try Seek, it does add to the LB experience!
Would like to, maybe next time I will be ordering something big. If I ordered only stems to Europe, I would pay much more only for customs.

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Your stems do work well in the "other vape"!
I removed a "salsa" stain from a maple Ed's TNT MFLB using Ed's Bomb Ass Butter, and friction.
I also, removed a lipstick stain from my Launch box itself (gal hit the box native!), using Goddard's Butcher block oil, a cotton cloth and once again, some elbow grease.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Though I do prefer water filtration, I'm always game for the nicer run around town options. One of these days, I to, will own the entirety of Ed's online collection. Couple more months, hopefully.

Your stems do work well in the "other vape"!
I removed a "salsa" stain from a maple Ed's TNT MFLB using Ed's Bomb Ass Butter, and friction.
I also, removed a lipstick stain from my Launch box itself (gal hit the box native!), using Goddard's Butcher block oil, a cotton cloth and once again, some elbow grease.

You should do a video series on some of your cleaning techniques, for the specialty pieces.

I'm sure there are many who would be grateful, myself included. Though, you probably already have some (somewhere in that vast collection) and I'm just to unobservant to notice :lol:

Top Bottom