mscm888

When I first got my PA I noticed it wasn't contacting as well as the batteries that came with my box. I sometimes had to twist or push a certain way. Annoying but understandable as the boxes probably have changed over time so the PA has to accomidate old battery sizes.

A couple weeks later the button stopped working. I got a free replacement and sent my old one back.

The new one "seats" better and the button works perfectly. So I'm very happy I took advantage of the lifetime warranty on my PA.

mscm888,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Do you know if the mflb is working this break at all because my email to them about my two broken launch boxes was sent about a week ago and they havent answered i just sent another email about 5 min ago hopefully they will respond and i can launch again

NotPotRelated,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Do you know if the mflb is working this break at all because my email to them about my two broken launch boxes was sent about a week ago and they havent answered i just sent another email about 5 min ago hopefully they will respond and i can launch again

Not sure. Though they are a pretty small company... and they come off as a close-knit crowd.

Seems they would be checking their emails, however. Which email you using?

BigDaddyVapor,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Not sure. Though they are a pretty small company... and they come off as a close-knit crowd.

Seems they would be checking their emails, however. Which email you using?

im emailing customerservice@magicflight.com i did two boxes in one email and they responded to me about sending one in

Another quesiton: do i have to pay for the shipping of the box i have to send in to keep the warranty going? or do i repack the package they send and just put the broken box in

NotPotRelated,

max

Out to lunch
do i have to pay for the shipping of the box i have to send in to keep the warranty going? or do i repack the package they send and just put the broken box in
Yes, you pay the shipping to return a defective box. In return, you continue to get a lifetime warranty. Small price to pay for such excellent coverage. You can repack the box but USPS isn't gonna ship it for free.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
im emailing customerservice@magicflight.com i did two boxes in one email and they responded to me about sending one in

Claims are processed individually. You have to provide the requested info, in two separate emails, exactly as they request and only what they request. I sent them a BUNCH of info, that honestly they didn't need, for my claim. They responded, asking for only particular items and that started the replacement process.

Another quesiton: do i have to pay for the shipping of the box i have to send in to keep the warranty going? or do i repack the package they send and just put the broken box in

Yes, you will have to pay for postage. But, hey... they're paying postage for the brand new box they're sending you, prior to you sending yours in.

BigDaddyVapor,

pkim87

Anyone know if I can get a replacement for the car adapter that connects to the PA from somewhere other than Magic Flight, and if it would be cheaper?

pkim87,

stuey

OMG the PA is here!!! (been about 3 weeks since I ordered).

Visually it looks good.

Going to try it on like a 50% setting and see what happens.

stuey,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
With new boxes 50% can be too much. 50% is OK with my old almost dead box.

Seek,

stuey

here is one, do I want the power set so that the light is as bright as with a battery, or do I want it higher or lower?

stuey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
stuey, it's not how bright the light gets. It's more a matter of how much vapor is produced without reaching combustion. It's also not a matter of doing it "right or wrong." You need to just play around with it until you find your own sweet spot on the PA.

momofthegoons,

stuey

stuey, it's not how bright the light gets. It's more a matter of how much vapor is produced without reaching combustion. It's also not a matter of doing it "right or wrong." You need to just play around with it until you find your own sweet spot on the PA.

The light acts as a measure of the current being supplied to the box. Current and temperature are linked, more light = more current = more temp, less light = less current = less temp.

Do most people find the sweet spot to be with more current / temp / light than with batteries or do they find the sweet spot to be about the same?

Truth be told, Id rather start as close to the sweet spot as possible and adjust from there than to spend the first 3 or 4 sessions trying to figure which ball park the sweet spot is in.

stuey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
stuey, the problem is that the sweet spot is different for everyone. On my PA, I have to crank it almost all the way up to get the vapor that I like. Some prefer the first few settings.

And the light can act as a measure of the current, but that is a faulty way to measure the heat input IMO. There comes a point where the light can't get any brighter. :2c: And, in older boxes, the light is sometimes much dimmer, even it full power is being applied to it. I think vapor production is a much better way to gauge. If Seek's post is correct, you have a newer box? i have a feeling that all the boxes can run slightly different. Again, you're going to have to have a little patience and find what's best for you. I would start low and work my way up the dial.

momofthegoons,

OF

Do most people find the sweet spot to be with more current / temp / light than with batteries or do they find the sweet spot to be about the same?

Truth be told, Id rather start as close to the sweet spot as possible and adjust from there than to spend the first 3 or 4 sessions trying to figure which ball park the sweet spot is in.

Batteries are not that uniform, that's part of the reason behind the PA. I start out a bit lower than fresh charged batteries give (like they would mid trench) and work from there in small bits. Herb, dryness, grind load size and a bunch of other stuff seems to impact the ideal setting, but this usually gets me close.

This, of course, runs afoul of the 'bigger clouds at any cost' guys, but I'm looking for useful, stable performance. And I get it.

OF

OF,

stuey

I have a fairly old box BTW

Pre-pushback ring.

The main reason Im asking is I dont know how easy it is to combust with th PA

stuey,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You will be surprised how much vapor can the PA make without combusting. But also can light it up very fast, if you go very high.

Seek,

stuey

I just thought of an improvment for MF to consider.

A while ago we had a guy post a video where he complains that there is no air flow with the MF. We all replied saying there was as there is a groove at the top of the box where air is pulled in.

However this air is cold air, and thus as it passes through the herb it has no vaping effect.

What about removing the grove at the top and adding an air hole at the back of the box, then rejigging the insides a bit such that the incoming air has to pass through the screen but near to the sides of the box (basically not through the trench or below the shoulders of the trench).

Would this preheat the air to a point where it induced vapor from the herb as it traveled through it?

Also, even if it dosent preheat the air to the point where the air vapes the herb as it passes through it, would it heat the air enough to reduce the cooling effect of drawing? i.e. you can get more vapor and draw a little harder?

Mod note: Please avoid making back to back posts. This is the third time today that I have merged your posts in this thread..

stuey,

OF

I

What about removing the grove at the top and adding an air hole at the back of the box, then rejigging the insides a bit such that the incoming air has to pass through the screen but near to the sides of the box (basically not through the trench or below the shoulders of the trench).

Would this preheat the air to a point where it induced vapor from the herb as it traveled through it?

Also, even if it dosent preheat the air to the point where the air vapes the herb as it passes through it, would it heat the air enough to reduce the cooling effect of drawing? i.e. you can get more vapor and draw a little harder?

I see no advantage at all. That part of the screen is cold, there's no heat there to heat the air. Nor, really, do you want to. Any energy to 'preheat' the air has to come from the same battery already in use, it simply takes away from the energy available to make new vapor and you're right back where you started.

The rules of physics don't allow for magic. Even with Magic Flights. You can't get more out than you put in, less almost always but never more.

The key is for folks to understand the role of airflow. It's there to sweep the vapors away, any more air than that dilutes the vapor and cools the box slowing production. If anything the guys that say the new channel is too wide and we need more restriction might have the right idea. I put a bit of tape in the center of one of mine and really like it.

OF

OF,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
stuey: The screen uses only as much energy as it needs to get herbs to vaping temp. It couldn't handle heating air. Every bit of heat that air would get would be stolen from herbs. So it is better to get the heat directly to herb than stealing it into air only to heat herbs again with it. That just doesn't make sense. No way MFLB could be convection. It howewer has the negative wire in the air intake and that get get warm. They positioned it, so even this losses get utilized.

Seek,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
I got my warranty LB and PA about a month ago and have been extremely lazy about sending it in (because I just play with my new mf toys too much) and I sat down to do it and realized that I have no idea what to do. Magic flights instructions were somewhat vauge and I dont have much experience with shipping things.

If anyone could help answer these questions it would be great
1) My beta PA was warrantied but MF never asked me to send in the old one, has everyone who has warrantied their PA had to send back the broken one to renew the warranty or was there just no lifetime deal with the beta and mf was just being generous warrantying it once?
2) How the hell do you ship the thing? The only time I have shipped things before I walk into the post office with item in hand and pretty much say "i need to ship this to_____" and they do it all for me. I dont want to walk into the post office in a conservative state obviously looking like a cannabis user with a cube covered in tin foil in a bag with some weird chord thing and be like "i need to ship this suspicious item without a return address"

I know I usually only post here to have tedious questions answered but I lurk everyday and provide insight when i can! Please help me fc

Vaporgin.,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
1) My beta PA was warrantied but MF never asked me to send in the old one, has everyone who has warrantied their PA had to send back the broken one to renew the warranty or was there just no lifetime deal with the beta and mf was just being generous warrantying it once?
2) How the hell do you ship the thing? The only time I have shipped things before I walk into the post office with item in hand and pretty much say "i need to ship this to_____" and they do it all for me. I dont want to walk into the post office in a conservative state obviously looking like a cannabis user with a cube covered in tin foil in a bag with some weird chord thing and be like "i need to ship this suspicious item without a return address"

I know I usually only post here to have tedious questions answered but I lurk everyday and provide insight when i can! Please help me fc

USPS Priority Mail is a great option. Their smallest Priority Mail box is more than big enough for what you need to send. You can even track the package for a small fee. I believe it shouldn't be anymore than $6.10 total. If you want to pay a little more, you can even get a signature.

krp

I just noticed one of the screws on my power adapter "battery" thingy is missing. I have to push the black connector to the battery a little to make the PA give power to the mflb. Should I be concerned?​

krp,
Top Bottom