stroh,

nr-cole

BigDaddyVapor said:
Blackthoven said:
Vitolo said:
Shhhhh...
You'll awaken a "Search" lecture from lwien! :uhoh:

Here's a link MFLB Battery or you can google those words

I would love one! I've tried many times to work that search bar, and I'm convinced it doesn't want me to find anything.

Anyway, thank you very much :)

I don't think the search function works at all, that or it has the worst algorithm of all time. Its absolutely useless.

Switch to view by "posts" instead of "topics" in the drop-down menu in the bottom right. Topic view is useless.

nr-cole,

RumbleShorts

Blackthoven said:
Hey guys, I was looking to acquire some more powerful batteries for my MFLB. I know this has been asked numerous times (because I recall reading it :)) so if someone could tell me the page number this was discussed, or point me in the direction of another thread concerning this. Or perhaps someone could explain which type of batteries would work and fit in my LB more efficiently than the batteries I have now, which are the ones which were included with the purchase.

Here are the exact batteries I picked up... in fact 2 sets. The labels are glued on and kind of a pain to get rid of. Had to use GooGone to clean them up. But, these atty's fit great, at least as well as the 2400's my box was shipped with.

Edit: JD - supplied this link originally back maybe 30 pages ago :). That's where I got it from

If you have Amazon Prime these ship free and arrive in 2 days:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009H5VVM

RumbleShorts,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Just a question on batteries.

So ever since I got the PA I've only used the batteries once and I charged them all again. I used one of the batteries about a week or two ago and the interesting thing is that only the battery that I used still has a powerful charge and the ones that were charged and not used were weak. I was just wondering if anybody knew why this happened because they'll all the same high self discharge batteries and its weird that this one wouldn't lose its charge....hmmmm.

I hope this makes sense....I'm a bit vaked...

MM..Food,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Are you sure they were all HSD? Maybe one of them was an original batt?

Stu,

ReX

I bought it and received delivery today. There's a rubber band added. Does anybody know what it's for?
The Wiki says:
I heard that two rubber rings were added to the Box design, what are they for?
A rubber O-ring was added around the opening to the herb chamber to prevent material from getting trapped and to reduce or eliminate the possibility of dislodging the screen from its original position.
A small rubber washer was added at the base of the battery hole to provide some resistance that prevents accidental battery contact. With this ring in place, you have to apply pressure to make contact and heat up the screen. These rings can be added retroactively and are available from www.blisssville.com.
The push-back ring requires a firm pressure and could be problematic for users with arthritic or otherwise weakened hands. If you don't like the ring it can be removed with a pair of tweezers.
Does the rubber O-ring around the herb chamber opening heat up and release toxic fumes?
No. Distance/position makes a significant difference as far as the actual specific temperature is concerned. As part of calibration, Magic-Flight performs thermal imaging on each unit and can therefore be sure that the ring is not getting to temperatures where anything harmful is released.
Now maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what any of that means. I have ONE rubber band that's bigger than a battery. Maybe I'm supposed to bundle one battery with the brush and the stem so it doesn't mess about in the pouch. I haven't found a video on youtube where it's used either. So I'm assuming it's for storage.

ReX,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. The rubber band is to put around the box to keep the lid from sliding open if you carry it in pocket/purse loaded.

The new models have a ball catch lock lid I hear but I have older one and have always just used the rubber band.

Lo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You still get a rubber band in case you want to band a stem or battery (or both)to your box, on the go. ;)

Vitolo,

elevation

Vitolo, do you still have that Cool Your MFLB Hits video?
I like to use it as a guide every now and then, just like now..but i can't find it anymore. :(

elevation,

Depayne

vaporous
I've been using the much-maligned seach function to seek out an answer to a vape question, prompted by characteristics I believe are unique to the MFLB, and have turned up an abv thread (is that acronym* used correctly?), that made for really cool reading - some great vapor info, particularly by Vap999 and Purple Days. My question: is the efficacy of the MFLB due in any part to the inhalation/hit occurring as the temperature of the plant material is on the ascent, versus on the descent, as with nearly/possibly every other vaporizer?

Said less awkwardly - my bud and I argue whether or not we get higher off the mflb than with other vape types; and, associatively, whether or not the amount of visible exhaled vapor is any indication of hit/high quality. Maybe that wasn't less awkward? Anyway...sometimes - with the mflb - I see no visible vapor upon exhale, and yet get profoundly high. In fact, I would say the mflb gives me near-invisible breathe-out more commonly than the other types of vaporizers I routinely use. I would also maintain that the - hit for hit - the mflb gets me higher. I think the exhaled cloud density is the normal user's default gauge of any vape's efficiency, but it doesn't seem to hold true, for me. Maybe just me?

In any case, the mflb heats up as the user inhales, whilst other vape types do the opposite - that is, the heat delivered to the material diminishes as the inhalation progresses. Are the most-desired compounds more-readily captured if inhaled as the temperature rises, versus the opposite? Does the amount of visible exhaled vapor bear any relation to the amount of potent vapor produced? Does the mflb (because of this singular feature) tend to get one any higher because of either or both of these characteristics?

No gravity associated with the query - just asking out of curiosity (and multiple vaked debates that went unresolved). I am perpetually astonished at how many smart stoners are to be found hereabouts, so thanks for any thoughts on this you can share :)

*Incidentally, the Search function did NOT help me figure out what "ABV" stands for, tyvm - so if I used it wrong up there, blame the algorithm!

Depayne,

matthend

abv= Alreaedy Been Vaped
i.e.
IMAG0204.jpg

matthend,

Depayne

vaporous
yeah - more palatable than "poo" fersure

I think have seen it on fc referring to spent threads, too...

Depayne,

cluffy

Vaker
Depayne said:
My question: is the efficacy of the MFLB due in any part to the inhalation/hit occurring as the temperature of the plant material is on the ascent, versus on the descent, as with nearly/possibly every other vaporizer?

Said less awkwardly - my bud and I argue whether or not we get higher off the mflb than with other vape types; and, associatively, whether or not the amount of visible exhaled vapor is any indication of hit/high quality. Maybe that wasn't less awkward? Anyway...sometimes - with the mflb - I see no visible vapor upon exhale, and yet get profoundly high. In fact, I would say the mflb gives me near-invisible breathe-out more commonly than the other types of vaporizers I routinely use. I would also maintain that the - hit for hit - the mflb gets me higher. I think the exhaled cloud density is the normal user's default gauge of any vape's efficiency, but it doesn't seem to hold true, for me. Maybe just me?

I would say that the MFLB's temp is completely variable as you inhale, it goes up and down depending on your draw speed. As far as clouds go, you can get some if you draw very slowly with pauses (the sip technique?) but I think you're doing fine if you're getting the taste and effect. Once my trench gets about 1/2 spent I'll hold the battery in for a count of 5 before I inhale, so the temp is on the descent while inhaling.

The more you experiment the more ways you'll find to produce whatever experience you want. That's half the fun of any vaporizer, isn't it?

cluffy,

weedemon

enthusiast
Depayne said:
Anyway...sometimes - with the mflb - I see no visible vapor upon exhale, and yet get profoundly high. In fact, I would say the mflb gives me near-invisible breathe-out more commonly than the other types of vaporizers I routinely use.
When you see vapor on you exhale that is vapor that your lungs were unable to absorb into your blood stream. AKA the hit was bigger than your body could use 100%

when you don't see anything come out of your exhale you took a more efficient hit. Therefore there was no wasted vapor.

also, ABV = Already Vaped Bud, abv section of the board is for closed threads.

hope that helps man :p

weedemon,

Depayne

vaporous
weedemon said:
When you see vapor on you exhale that is vapor that your lungs were unable to absorb into your blood stream. AKA the hit was bigger than your body could use 100%

when you don't see anything come out of your exhale you took a more efficient hit. Therefore there was no wasted vapor.

also, ABV = Already Vaped Bud, abv section of the board is for closed threads.

hope that helps man :p

Indeed it do, thanks!

Max: also, ty for the Acronym link - I (obviously) didn't think to try a search for "acronyms" -.-

jayzus, it's alphabet soup out there, I swear...kthnxomgwtfbbq

Depayne,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Depayne said:
I've been using the much-maligned seach function to seek out an answer to a vape question, prompted by characteristics I believe are unique to the MFLB, and have turned up an abv thread (is that acronym* used correctly?), that made for really cool reading - some great vapor info, particularly by Vap999 and Purple Days. My question: is the efficacy of the MFLB due in any part to the inhalation/hit occurring as the temperature of the plant material is on the ascent, versus on the descent, as with nearly/possibly every other vaporizer?

In any case, the mflb heats up as the user inhales, whilst other vape types do the opposite - that is, the heat delivered to the material diminishes as the inhalation progresses. Are the most-desired compounds more-readily captured if inhaled as the temperature rises, versus the opposite? Does the amount of visible exhaled vapor bear any relation to the amount of potent vapor produced? Does the mflb (because of this singular feature) tend to get one any higher because of either or both of these characteristics?

No gravity associated with the query - just asking out of curiosity (and multiple vaked debates that went unresolved). I am perpetually astonished at how many smart stoners are to be found hereabouts, so thanks for any thoughts on this you can share :)

*Incidentally, the Search function did NOT help me figure out what "ABV" stands for, tyvm - so if I used it wrong up there, blame the algorithm!

Before we get to the questions that can be answered with some certainty, let's talk about how you can measure your high.

Unless you are taking your active components intravenously and in precisely measured doses, you cannot accurately compare one session to another. There are far too many variables involved. Also, in my opinion your high is strongly influenced by your mental state, further complicating any comparison. Saying you get higher with this device over that one, or with this strain as opposed to a different one, is only vaguely possible and will likely vary as much depending on your mood, physical condition, etc. as it does for the device or material consumed. Comparing it to someone else's stone is impossible. If you like the MFLB and prefer it, that might be enough to make you feel higher when you use it.

Leaving that aside, the MFLB was designed with the idea that exhaled vapour is wasted vapour. Whether it is more efficient depends on how you use it--and what you mean by efficiency. Some users do judge a device's efficiency to be better if a thick cloud is exhaled, but to me that is backwards thinking. Thick clouds are hotter, are more likely to cause coughing which results in more vapour that is expelled rather than absorbed, indicate that your material has been brought closer to combustion, and that you are blasting through it faster. This does mean you are getting a broader spectrum of components all at the same time, and many people like clouds because they are closer to the combustion high most of us started out with. If by efficiency you mean that most ofl the components have been wrung from the bud at once, then clouds are more efficient. I prefer to think that efficiency means that I wind up getting more of the actives, meaning no coughing and little to no visible vapour on exhale.

The MFLB can be used to get thick, hot vapour or to get thin, lower temperature vapour by varying your technique. It does not necessarily cool down as you continue to inhale. You control that by the speed of your draw. If you inhale quickly, then yes it will cool down, but if you inhale slowly or take small puffs, it will continue to heat up and you can even reach combustion. Through experience, you can learn how to reach the temperature that works best for you and to maintain it. I vary my technique depending on what I want and how much the trench has already been vaporized--my first hits will be faster and aimed at getting cooler temperatures, with later hits at hotter temps. This lets me get different effects from each hit.

Some of your questions are too subjective for anything but opinions, not direct answers. Your idea of desirable components and mine are probably different. The person seeking pain relief wants different compounds than the person who just wants to get ripped. Rather than comparing highs or putting things in subjective terms, I recommend that you just learn how to get what you want from the LB. Having said that, you're not alone in feeling the LB works better than other devices. See:

4.11 I can get a harder buzz from my Box than from my other vaporizers, why?

You also might get some insight from the whole Usage & Technique section if you haven't read it already.

Edited to clarify...

pakalolo,

Depayne

vaporous
pakalolo said:
Before we get to the questions that can be answered with some certainty, let's talk about how you can measure your high.

Unless you are taking your active components intravenously and in precisely measured doses, you cannot accurately compare one session to another. There are far too many variables involved.

Hrm...do forgive me for thinking in some Grovian 'metaphors of subjective experience' kind of way - obviously some things (such as this) are as elusively scalar as the length of the British coastline. And, too, "accurate" would need specificity - like: is the recognition of Indica or Sativa sufficiently session-distinctive? But that's a whole other Dateline & I do take the point. I'd hoped it would read as the same question (and hence elicit the same category of answer) whether one lightly sips for the CB1 receptors, or deep-hits for the more analgesic, cannabinoid-antagonistic stuff...it's, indeed, a subjective thing, highness. And - to be fair - what could be more ephemeral than vapour (note superfluous 'u') :p

But is that wholly relative "sweet spot" targetted by a given user more-easily maintained and mechanically efficient with the LB's hotter-as-you-hold-it heat window? I think you actually agreed with the efficiency piece more clearly, in your post.

pakalolo said:
Also, in my opinion your high is strongly influenced by your mental state, further complicating any comparison. Saying you get higher with this device over that one, or with this strain as opposed to a different one, is only vaguely possible and will likely vary as much depending on your mood, physical condition, etc. as it does for the device or material consumed. Comparing it to someone else's stone is impossible.

Can't say I agree, but cool... I've been a fan of proper set-and-setting since attending a totally ill-advised 'Brain Damage' Floyd concert in 84, and I think you are correct in stressing it's importance. Just like Wavy Gravy :peace:

pakalolo said:
Having said that, you're not alone in feeling the LB works better than other devices. See:

4.11 I can get a harder buzz from my Box than from my other vaporizers, why?

You also might get some insight from the whole Usage & Technique section if you haven't read it already.

The 1st link I had seen, during my orig abv thread searches; but ty for the 2nd - I'm an outside-the -design-window enthoosiast, so I'll research - and probably use - whatever works.

I do hope there's fewer youtube reviews of w/e vape-du-jour showing big billows of wasted bud soul clouding the assessment, tho...

Depayne,

Depayne

vaporous
I just ctrl-v'd this sentence 500 times into my jounal app: "Don't Get High and Repligh"...again.

:)
sry....nm!

Depayne,

nZiFFLe

so lately i've been considering getting a vape, specifically the mflb, mainly for it's portability. everything i've seen about the box looks great, but there's one thing holding me back from getting it: the price. let me explain.

before i get into to this, i should mention that price is not much of a factor in deciding what vape i get; i'm interested in the mflb because it can be taken and hit anywhere without being plainly obvious as to what it is, not because it's cheap.

now, my instincts lead me to believe that the mflb is of a much lower quality than other, more expensive vapes, but the praise i see it receive calms this concern. but is the praise warranted? for those of you who own or have tried other, more expensive vapes, how do they compare with the mflb? i would really like to get the mflb, but if the high it gives is weak, i'd rather get another vape. thanks in advance. :)

nZiFFLe,

cluffy

Vaker
nZiFFLe said:
so lately i've been considering getting a vape, specifically the mflb, mainly for it's portability. everything i've seen about the box looks great, but there's one thing holding me back from getting it: the price. let me explain.

before i get into to this, i should mention that price is not much of a factor in deciding what vape i get; i'm interested in the mflb because it can be taken and hit anywhere without being plainly obvious as to what it is, not because it's cheap.

now, my instincts lead me to believe that the mflb is of a much lower quality than other, more expensive vapes, but the praise i see it receive calms this concern. but is the praise warranted? for those of you who own or have tried other, more expensive vapes, how do they compare with the mflb? i would really like to get the mflb, but if the high it gives is weak, i'd rather get another vape. thanks in advance. :)

My advice for you is try it. Sounds like you haven't had much vape experience so the MFLB is a good start, especially if you get a PA with it. I don't have the PA only because I prefer my DBV when at home. There's the rub, you can get a home vape for more money, but you won't be able to vape on the go. I'm betting that once you get the MFLB, you'll want another vape for home use, not because it will get you higher but to get some lung-busting clouds! You can get giant hits off the MFLB, but it's nice to take a big hit off a home unit without having to draw slowly.

And as for quality, the MFLB is pure quality, it's only priced so well because it's so simple and the company rocks! If price is not a factor, then get both the MFLB and a home vape, you'll be happiest... :-D

cluffy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Its actually a very high quality product. Quality materials, quality during manufacturing (it has a LIFETIME warranty), durable (mine is always in my pocket and goes every where with me), quality customer service. Is it fancy? No. Is it going to cause pangs of jealousy amongst friends, for the bling factor? Not in this lifetime. Is it one of the best delivery methods and gets you stoned out of your fucking mind?

YES!

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom