Dberm

Hey guys, so I just ordered some powerex 2700's. I'm just wondering how much of a difference I'm going to notice? Do they last longer or shorter? Do they help to produce more visible/thicker vapor?

Dberm,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sour Deez said:
my man vito buying a dozen bongs..that made me giggle when i read that.
I didn't buy them at once! :lol: I bought myself one, and made a video... a couple people that had no headshops asked for one, so I sent them one (it was 48.50 shipped).
Then during the home demos, people asked.. etc.
Price at one shop went up to 70 after tax.. and I went to the other branch of same store.. and bought the last 6 there because they were that low price.
I now only have 3 of them at home...
One I will keep, and the unused two I may put in the resell thread.
It's funny, because I can only bong with one Launch Box at a time.. but the two on the MFLB Shelf bring things together so symmetrically (I'll get a shot of the LB shelf soon!)

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Vicki said:
Vicki said:
I have never used the long tube/stem that comes with the LB. Now that I have a brand new box, I was thinking about using it, but not the length it is now. I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the safest way to cut these stems in half? I think half size would be perfect for me. :)

I'm going to ask my husband when he gets home if he has any tools that might do the job.

I really LOVE my new Launch Box and PA. I haven't used a battery since I received it yesterday. :lol:

My husband said he is going to bring home pipe cutters tomorrow. He said they should get the job done. I'll report back with the results. :)

A pipe cutter, the type used for plumbing or conduit is probably too big, A tubing cutter, a smaller version of the same should be just right.

chucku,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
chucku said:
Vicki said:
Vicki said:
I have never used the long tube/stem that comes with the LB. Now that I have a brand new box, I was thinking about using it, but not the length it is now. I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the safest way to cut these stems in half? I think half size would be perfect for me. :)

I'm going to ask my husband when he gets home if he has any tools that might do the job.

I really LOVE my new Launch Box and PA. I haven't used a battery since I received it yesterday. :lol:

My husband said he is going to bring home pipe cutters tomorrow. He said they should get the job done. I'll report back with the results. :)

A pipe cutter, the type used for plumbing or conduit is probably too big, A tubing cutter, a smaller version of the same should be just right.

He only has a PVC pipe cutter and a copper pipe cutter. We are going to try both. If it doesn't work, I won't be extremely disappointed. I've always used the LB native, and was just going to try using the stem for a while.

Vicki,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I hope you're not talking about the glass stem. Neither of those will work and you're just going to end up with a shattered glass stem. If its acrylic, then probably the copper cutter. Usually if someone owns ones, its one of the smaller ones for home plumbing.

BigDaddyVapor,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
BigDaddyVapor said:
I hope you're not talking about the glass stem. Neither of those will work and you're just going to end up with a shattered glass stem. If its acrylic, then probably the copper cutter. Usually if someone owns ones, its one of the smaller ones for home plumbing.

It's not glass, it's acrylic. That is why we are going to attempt doing it. :)

Vicki,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
The smell doesn't really intensify... with vapor, you can smell the hit right after you blow it out, but it dissipates quite quickly... and doesn't have that 'smoky room' haze when you're done.

wake n blake,
JDSupreme said:
Seagullmeat said:
Has anyone tried cleaning their WPA yet?
I cleaned the glass parts like I do with any other glass - soak in 91% iso and maybe a little q-tip scrub
The wood part I'm leaving be.

Does the wood part come off? mine is attached on there pretty good I don't wanna try removing it but i guess i could still swab it with it attached

Seagullmeat,
I am absolutely enthralled with vaping; this little beauty will pay for itself in a matter of days. Now that I have a solid travel vape, I'm beginning to think about a solid home unit as well. Initially, I had thought that the SSV was the best device for quality and power of hit, but in looking through these boards there seem to be a lot of fans of other devices. My central concern is overall quality, and the SSV seems the simplest and best made (no fancy digital readouts that can break, whip only, hand made, etc).

My roommates and I had a Volcano when I was in university and I wasn't a big fan of the bag vaping.

Does anyone have any advice on the next step of the vaping process?

HakunaMatata,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You won't go wrong with the SSV for a home vape. Good thick hits for sure. The DBV or EQ are other good whip options, and you can't really go too wrong with any of them to be honest. Read some of the threads and you might find one that catches your fancy! The VXC is highly anticipated around here and I can't wait to try it, but it's not quite yet ready if you're lookiing to pick something up quickly. I'm mostly a PD user nowadays, but I still break out my EQ once in awhile and it always delivers.

Stu,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BigDaddyVapor said:
EDIT: OK, so I plugged in the PA. I'm going to ask this question, though I'm pretty sure I know the answer. But, when the power supply is plugged in and I grab the "battery", it feels like its producing some low to mid frequency buzz/hum. I'm assuming this isn't normal? It works... but I would just like to get that cleared up. Also, it doesn't matter what power setting its set at. The sensation is the same.

Any ideas? Is this common? Magic-Flight, you all have any input?

:peace:

BigDaddyVapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
HakunaMatata said:
I am absolutely enthralled with vaping; this little beauty will pay for itself in a matter of days. Now that I have a solid travel vape, I'm beginning to think about a solid home unit as well. Initially, I had thought that the SSV was the best device for quality and power of hit, but in looking through these boards there seem to be a lot of fans of other devices. My central concern is overall quality, and the SSV seems the simplest and best made (no fancy digital readouts that can break, whip only, hand made, etc).

My roommates and I had a Volcano when I was in university and I wasn't a big fan of the bag vaping.

Does anyone have any advice on the next step of the vaping process?

hey man i am really happy to hear you are all abroad the vapor train. :p it's wonderful right?

also glad to ehar you are happy with your mflb unit. it's a hell of a device! do you own the power adapter or the water pipe adapter yet? consider those too! :)

This really should be a new thread, ask us in the Ask FC section and you will get lots of info and suggestions.

I 2nd the nomination for the ssv! the Cloud is just around the corner though it seems, so if you can wait a bit longer maybe that is worth your consideration too? I am waiting for the

weedemon,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Seek said:
BigDaddyVapor said:
Any ideas? Is this common? Magic-Flight, you all have any input?
I've heard it is common. And normal.

Dude!

Sweet! :cool:

Thanks for the feedback. I searched Google, but couldn't find anything. I know its not electromagnetic, easy test... hold it up to a CRT. No distorting of image. Its not electrical. I wouldn't feel it, if I wasn't grounded and I'd definitely feel more of a shock, than a buzz. It works perfectly. I love it. Instant vape, long drawn out rips as you control the heat. I nailed my sweet spot on it, perfect feedback and it just intensifies the effect of some truly excellent meds.

I can't believe I'm saying that after all these years and especially the last 2. I don't like meds and yet, I'm forced to take several... 3 of which, are specifically to keep me alive. The others are mood, aches/pains, etc pharma. Rather than being numb with those, its so much more enjoyable to vape a trench... and do whatever the Hell I want, or need to get done... without feeling like a zombie.

BigDaddyVapor,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vicki said:
chucku said:
Vicki said:

He only has a PVC pipe cutter and a copper pipe cutter. We are going to try both. If it doesn't work, I won't be extremely disappointed. I've always used the LB native, and was just going to try using the stem for a while.

Aside from my walnut stem I use the stems that came with the MFLB whip. Their about half the size of the acrylic tube it comes with.

mvapes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I finally had the opportunity to try the WPA yesterday. Wow. I would never have believed that the LB could work with a water pipe, but I'm here to tell you that it does; and well! In addition, the hits were cooled to a point I hardly could feel them.

Great job Magic Flight! :D

momofthegoons,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
momofthegoons said:
I finally had the opportunity to try the WPA yesterday. Wow. I would never have believed that the LB could work with a water pipe, but I'm here to tell you that it does; and well! In addition, the hits were cooled to a point I hardly could feel them.

Mom you mother fucker!! Glad to see you got the WPA! I def agree you can barely feel the hits but get ripped as hell!

JDSupreme,
JDSupreme said:
momofthegoons said:

Mom you mother fucker!! Glad to see you got the WPA! I def agree you can barely feel the hits but get ripped as hell!

Is it smellier than when you don't use the WPA?

binaryexistence,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is not smellier that using the box.. or less smelly.. things are the same..
After a few goes, I would change the water and rinse the bong to avoid that developing any aroma!

Vitolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
mvapes said:
Vicki said:
chucku said:

Aside from my walnut stem I use the stems that came with the MFLB whip. Their about half the size of the acrylic tube it comes with.

I never got a whip with my MFLB, but that's ok. :)

Vicki,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
binaryexistence said:
JDSupreme said:
momofthegoons said:

Its like comparing farts...are the bigger ones smellier than the little ones? no, the smell is the same just larger in volume. :D

mvapes,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. I bought some MF whips just cuz I read they came with the small stems attached. I am so used to the short stems as they came with my original box. I wanted extra shorties. Course I have the longer one too in case of emergency I could cut it down but the whips did come with 2 shorties attached to each end :)

Lo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The whip does not come with the box unless you pick it in one of the dealer "packages".
Most of us bought the whips at BlissSville MFLB Whips
They also have them at MFLB whip Puffitup
They still sell the original acrylic stems that I actually prefer for my box (I like the feel better in the mouth). You can get them for $1.00 each from BlissSville. They come in handy. I bought a couple dozen!
Photoon2011-08-31at08202.jpg

Vitolo,
mvapes said:
binaryexistence said:
JDSupreme said:

Its like comparing farts...are the bigger ones smellier than the little ones? no, the smell is the same just larger in volume. :D
Ha Ha thats hilarious i think after reading this comment im gonna purchase a WPA LOL :brow:

mflb_hustler,

Depayne

vaporous
Vicki said:

You probably already resolved this, but I remembered having read it when I saw this cutter on a surplus site - and lo-and-behold somebody had already added "vaporizer" as a Tag for the item...bwahahaha :D

http://www.sciplus.com/search.cfm?u...erm=glass+tube+cutter&btnHand.x=0&btnHand.y=0

Depayne,
Top Bottom