Smokey

Cloud Master
I brought my box out for his first camping trip. That was awesome, I really enjoyed it. My 4 powerex 2400 batteries lasted the right amount of time so I didn't run out of power. Everyone was interested in it and I shared it with mates, they were all pretty amazed! :cool:

Smokey,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Orestes said:
help!

I'm on vacation and I brought my LB and PA, but no batteries, and no wall adapter! I've got the car adapter but what use is that inside a hotel room in lower utah?

Anyway, if I just go to the grocery store, can I find appropriate rechargeable batteries there? What am I looking for exactly?
Thanks!

If you are stateside Energizer makes rechargeable NIMH batts that I find work pretty darn well and are sold most everywhere. I think they are 2400 mah. Of course you will need some goo gone, iso or wd40 to assist in cleaning them but... they work.

Lo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
robert denby said:
Hey Magic Flight; Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "special edition Boxes in the future"? Do you just mean fancy woods?

Hi,

Actually, it means a lot of things in addition to special woods. We would like to do various artistic embellishments and engravings on the cover, different colors and coatings on the wood, a variety of custom heat settings, etc. We have been trying to get this setup for a while -- it will probably be towards the holiday season before we have something we can show.

Also, speaking of heat settings, I have a general question for everyone who has purchased a PA unit: What is your preferred heat setting? Do you tend to turn it most of the way up, or halfway, or what?

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Vitolo

Vaporist
magicflight said:
.... have a general question for everyone who has purchased a PA unit: What is your preferred heat setting?
I use my PA on a very low setting at most times. I rarely ever go above 1/4 of the wheel (1/3 on occasion).
My average setting is 25-30%
The PA means different things to everyone.
I never liked the first hit with a fresh battery.. I prefer a lighter heat. I bought the PA specifically hoping it would accomplish this which it has!
Over a dozen visitors to my home have gotten a PA for the same reason.. to vaporize slowly, at a low temp, and REALLY taste your meds.. and get a perfect slow golden tan never charring (and with low risk of char!).
Thanks for asking! :D

Vitolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
magicflight said:
Also, speaking of heat settings, I have a general question for everyone who has purchased a PA unit: What is your preferred heat setting? Do you tend to turn it most of the way up, or halfway, or what?

-- Magic-Flight
40%

WatTyler,

Ben

magicflight said:
(...)

-- Magic-Flight

starting from 60% up to 100%

Ben,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have found that unless I have mine turned up most of the way (90 - 100%) I can't get satisfactory vapor. I've been wondering if it's because mine is one of the early betas. I was trying, unsuccessfully, to use Vito's method of lower heat. It's not that the PA doesn't get hot enough; I still manage to combust on occasision. :rolleyes: Always user error. :lol: It's more that it doesn't seem to work at the lower temps.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
momofthegoons said:
I have found that unless I have mine turned up most of the way (90 - 100%) I can't get satisfactory vapor.....
When you say satisfactory.. do you mean visible, or more "fulfilling" in its effect?

Vitolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
magicflight said:
robert denby said:
Hey Magic Flight; Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "special edition Boxes in the future"? Do you just mean fancy woods?

Hi,

Actually, it means a lot of things in addition to special woods. We would like to do various artistic embellishments and engravings on the cover, different colors and coatings on the wood, a variety of custom heat settings, etc. We have been trying to get this setup for a while -- it will probably be towards the holiday season before we have something we can show.

-- Magic-Flight

my temp range varies greatly depending on what i am doing. If i want a more sedative effect, i bump the temp all the way up, this is great for right before bed. for everyday use, i tend to turn the temperature to the lower side, i get a more cerebral buzz this way and i also extend the life of my trenches

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
i like to start my pa at 40-50% then turn it up a bit at the end. up to full if i want to be sure my bowl is spent.

weedemon,

CutePanda

With my old box that ran cool, I had the PA at the highest setting and would achieve combustion around 10 seconds.

With my new box, I have the PA at about halfway or less. Definitely at a lower power than the 2700's.

I wasn't sure what stock batteries came with my original box, so I sent MF an e-mail. Here is what they had to say.

"The all silver batteries are the MF Harding Batteries and they are 2000 MaH and the silver Batteries with the white ring are the Power Ex Imedion Batteries and they are 2100 MaH So your Batteries are 2000 MaH MF Harding Batteries."

I was finally able to confirm that I have the Harding 2000mah batteries.

CutePanda,
i ordered my pa yesterday got an email today saying everything was good and ready, but then i noticed the final price.. 72 dollars? all i did was add 1 acrylic draw stem which was suppose to be a buck on blissville? I have yet to recevie some type of digital receipt saying what my cost were etc. but all i got was an email stating my order was a received and a 72 dollar deduction.

Thevince16,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
magicflight said:

-- Magic-Flight

I tend to use mine around 60-70% power. I like it so that I can inhale just a tad slower than a regular inhale and get good thick vapor. A feature that in order to do without the PA i have wait 5 seconds to inhale through my nose then sip it like tea which works but is annoying at times.

aesthyrian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vitolo said:
momofthegoons said:
I have found that unless I have mine turned up most of the way (90 - 100%) I can't get satisfactory vapor.....
When you say satisfactory.. do you mean visible, or more "fulfilling" in its effect?

Sorry; I can see where that would be confusing. I mean visible vapor. :)

momofthegoons,

mob

mmj over bs
Thevince16 said:
i ordered my pa yesterday got an email today saying everything was good and ready, but then i noticed the final price.. 72 dollars? all i did was add 1 acrylic draw stem which was suppose to be a buck on blissville? I have yet to recevie some type of digital receipt saying what my cost were etc. but all i got was an email stating my order was a received and a 72 dollar deduction.

dont forget CA sales tax and shipping.

mob,
mob said:
Thevince16 said:

dont forget CA sales tax and shipping.
yea CA rapes you guys on taxes

VapeNStone,
i guess i was more shocked than really upset or anything. Goes to show when stoned dont skim read whats goin on lol double checked the original link and its 64 before the tax then how ever much the draw stem was so it all adds up just excited to get it now.

Question can u tell a notable difference medicated wise using the PA? Also the hotter the setting the thicker/ stonier the vape will be?

Thevince16,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Thevince16 said:
i guess i was more shocked than really upset or anything. Goes to show when stoned dont skim read whats goin on lol double checked the original link and its 64 before the tax then how ever much the draw stem was so it all adds up just excited to get it now.

Question can u tell a notable difference medicated wise using the PA? Also the hotter the setting the thicker/ stonier the vape will be?

definitely, the hotter you go, the "stonier" the effects. i put my PA on full blast right before bed and it knocks me out well enough :ko: of course a couple drops of errl on the trench don't hurt :brow:

stroh,

stroh

errl enthusiast
hash oil, usually referring to oil extracted with butane, though i do ISO runs as well.

stroh,
Thevince16 said:
im usually pretty good at picken things up my fallin short on this one, whats errl?
lol. I had to look at it a few times then I said it with like a slang voice and heard "oil". lol. I'm so glad I am so internet savvy lol. Well not really I just used to listen to alot of 3 6 mafia as a kid.

VapeNStone,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I thought oils/concentrates (minus kief) was a no-no.
So use at your own risk, buddy. Sometimes the screens get a little too caked to clean... mine has a couple spots of uncleanable grossness... I think it lowered the quality of my draws a bit.

I had to develop my own technique kinda.

I don't fully seal my lips around the glass stem and inale softly... I get decent cloud this way, but before I could just close my lips on it and inhale softly. I also have to shake/tap the box a couple times PER HIT, else I'm just pulling dry air it seems.

I've had my box since february.

I even recently tried the trick where you fully discharge a battery in an open trench... stil couldn't get these weird dark/shiny spots out.

I still get hits, but it's like... goddamn, I gotta WORK for that shit ha... and vaporbonging is just way too tricky... I can do it, but it's way too hard to explain to a friend ha. It takes continual tap/shaking... like 3 to 4 times per lengthy hit, in order to get a 'bong-like' rip off the LB with a tube.

Ah well... I still dig it. I thought about maybe doing a warranty inquiry, but it still works, technically.

wake n blake,
Top Bottom