Sour Deez

snackmaster said:
@magicflight, that looks great! Definitely an elegant piece, and I really appreciate the thought you guys have put into the design. My only question is when you say you'll be making a range of these, will that include a range of angles? A lot of pieces have 90 degree joints, and I like to hit my beaker at an angle that leaves the downstem oriented vertically - both cases wouldn't necessarily be optimal with the angle on the adapter you've shown.

Thats what im working with over here also. It seems like the box could be sitting at an odd angle if the adapter was sitting up and down instead of at the 45? Im pretty sure there are adapters already out there that can fix this problem, but thats more mula.

Either way im digging the design

Sour Deez,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Very nice design. Clean. Keeps the LB horizontal also. That's a big plus.

Vito my man, can't wait for the video on VTV!

willieR,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

I have updated the list of overall changes to the Box itself (only) below. Changes listed do not include calibration changes, slight modifications to the fit and finish affecting measure only, build process changes and optimizations, etc. Also not listed are recalibration shifts to match different battery vendors (since the beginning, we have had 6 different battery vendors) or different chargers/accessories (we have had at least 10 different part numbers for chargers shipped). Naturally, managing all of these production shifts internally has been more than a little complex (and expensive!), even though they were all necessary for one reason or another.

Also in the list, changes to the Box which were actually distinct events have been separated. Things which are really only of expert interest or which are not otherwise user visible have been designated with a "a" suffix. We don't tend to think of them as being different versions, so much as being 'updates' on the existing design. (The lifetime warranty applies to all Launch Boxes regardless, and modulo battery tension, they are functionally interchangeable.) Furthermore, each of these changes was not made all at once -- they are phased into production over a period of weeks, and thus there is no actual single 'date' at which it gets implemented.

In regards to the absence of an announcement of changes, we find that in addition to the softness of the date, we are actually finding it necessary to try to reduce the level of hype associated with the Box. The Box works so well that when people describe it online, others think that they are just 'shills' for the company, even though we only ever actually post on FC (We posted once by explicit invitation on Reddit, but that was a long time ago). Outside of own website, our presence on the internet is entirely customer contributed -- including all the Vids on YouTube.

It is our knowing that Love Enables Choice -- in particular, conscious personal choice. Therefore, we have no interest in creating any kind of marketing hype. To create "hype" has the effect and intention of trying drive someone to do something unconsciously -- reactively. Furthermore, while a typical "marketing department" would love hype, the engineering department hates it as it sets up impossible expectations on the part of the future prospective customer that cannot be met by any practical design. Where there is hype, disappointment is somewhere inevitable -- it is not sustainable, and it does not promote evolution. Fortunately, Magic-Flight is an engineering lab and manufacturing firm -- we do not actually have a marketing department!

Therefore, if you like something (anything or someone) and want to post or talk about, it is best you to say in detail exactly what, why and how. This gives people reading your post a chance to make an informed choice and lets them know that it is a real person communicating with a real and valid value behind that feeling of Love. We would rather have people be really and truly informed as to the Box can and cannot do. This is so that when they choose to use it for the right reasons, the experience is an ultimately positive one.

What sense does it make to say that you love someone (or something) when you do not truly know them (or it)? Love is ultimately personal -- just like choice -- and it therefore requires personal first hand knowledge (knowing of love!) to have any ultimate meaning, value, or purpose. We know this to be Truth, and is therefore the way we elect move in this world.

-- Magic-Flight

How many versions are there, and what is the latest?

Magic-Flight doesn't identify specific models, nor do they announce design changes, therefore the exact date of a change is not known. In chronological order, the versions are:

1. The original release. The earliest boxes had a small pinhole on the bottom.

2. The pinhole, which was not intended to be a functional part of the design, was removed.

3. A small light was added to indicate whether a good battery connection has been made, and to act as a basic battery power level indicator.

3a. The size and rating of the light was changed to allow for light longevity.

4. The air intake channel was redesigned to be broader and shallower.

5. An O-ring was added around the trench opening.

5a. Shelf blocks were removed.

6. A pushback ring was added in the battery chamber to prevent accidental prolonged battery contact.

7. Maple replaced Birch.

8. New stainless steel contact rods replaced the original copper-clad stainless steel.

8a. The hardness on the trench O-ring was changed to allow for future accessory development.

9. A steel ball catch was added to prevent accidental opening of the cover.

magicflight,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
magicflight said:
8a. The hardness on the trench O-ring was changed to allow for future accessory development.

That sparked my interest. Now what accessory could that be......?

WatTyler,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Can I purchase a beta water adapter?
Pretty please? Ha. I'll write a review/post a video as well.

Modnote: As per forum rules: Do not ask to beta test.

wake n blake,

gvape

1. When will those water pipe adapters be ready? I would love to get one of those and test out the MFLB for water pipes.

2. 9. A steel ball catch was added to prevent accidental opening of the cover.
Was this new? Did I miss something?

gvape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks magicflight. I've added that info. I've made several changes recently so you might want to sync your website FAQ with Vaporpedia again. That'll also turn up any misinformation I might have let slip in.

Now I need to work up a water tool adapter section, but I don't want to get ahead of you. Perhaps I should wait until it's available, or at least in beta. It looks exactly the way I'd expect for a Magic-Flight device: simple, beautiful, and elegant. Congratulations.

pakalolo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

@pakalolo: Thanks! I will schedule the website to get updated (will probably take a while, unfortunately).

@gvape and wake n blake and Vitolo: They will be available fairly soon since we have started production already. We are trying to get a new retail section opened for them. Should not be long -- probably two or three weeks.

We did very recently add a cover lock ball catch as a design improvement to the Box. They should be generally available through most legitimate retailers fairly soon (days or weeks at most -- depends on the retailer).

@WatTyler: Yes we have plans. Probably another six months before I will be allowed to announce anything. Legal has to go through it first (sorry).

@snackmaster and Sour Deez: Thank you! Once the right design is arrived at, it just feels good. Sometimes that can take awhile though. In regards to your questions, yes, we will eventually be able to offer multiple angles. Some of the combination of stem and angle probably will not happen until this fall, though. Mostly, we are still trying to get the main types setup.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
luchiano said:
Nycdeisel said:
Tobacco is not safe to smoke. lol
... nicotine is NOT a bad substance the way society has been taught and tell others. It is the additives a low quality tobacco leaves major corporations use in their cigarettes. ...

Hi,

My own information is largely consistent with both of these views (Thank you Luchiano for the detailed review!). The main take away point is that nicotine by itself is not nearly as harmful as 1) the additives used in most commercial brands and 2) the combustion process itself (let alone the significantly worse effect of the combustion of those additives!). Nicotine has been unfairly maligned due to its association with smoking. However, leaving aside both of these points for now, it is also important that people know that there are real differences of what it means to be "safe" when considering the vapors of cannabis vs tobacco.

According to the majority of real research I have seen, cannabis vapors are inherently safe in that 1) there is effectively no possibility of overdose and also 2) that there are no permanent effects associated with its chronic use (or even with overdose) in adults, if one were to elect to discontinue completely. Neither of these conditions is strictly true with nicotine (regardless of the method of delivery): 1) it is possible (though not especially easy) to overdose to the point of serious medical complications, and 2) long term chronic use does imply certain permanent (non reversing) physiological changes (in particular, certain changes in the structure and hardness of the arteries and some subtle changes in the texture of the skin). Therefore, in the strict sense of the term, cannabis is more inherently "safe" than tobacco. However, for the most part, these differences are unimportant when considering smoking. They only show up practically when someone attempts to use them in a larger vaporizer and consume them too quickly, therefore increasing the chances of unpleasantness.

With the Box, as long as the user does not overload the unit and take too many hits too quickly -- that they know their own unit and body -- I would be of the opinion that both of these materials are 'safe' in the ordinary practical sense. I am not a medical doctor however, so your milage may vary.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

GNubz

I was gonna come on here today and ask about the water attachment and look what I see. FC read my mind. It's fair to say I am more than excited for the GonG adapter. I feel as though my Luke Wilson 15 arm bubbler is a bit too large so I'm looking into micro pieces. Jahdamn, I'm exited.

GNubz,

Sour Deez

I think ashcatchers make the perfect vape attachment. Attach a Sherlock J hook piece as the mouth piece and you just turned it into a bubbler. Perfect amount of filtration for a vape IMO

Sour Deez,

GNubz

I think I'm leaning towards the new Itza nano pillar or possibly a rig by Korey or Dosa.

GNubz,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see the water adapter in production. Very nice!

Lo,

Dudeson 1882

magicflight said:
WatTyler said:
magicflight said:

That sparked my interest. Now what accessory could that be......?

@WatTyler: Yes we have plans. Probably another six months before I will be allowed to announce anything. Legal has to go through it first (sorry).

Yeah I'm really curious about this too. Roll on 6 months. Wonder what it could be. I keep thinking the LB can't get any better than it is & then it does. The PA being the latest & biggest step up for me.

With the grinders are they worth getting if I have one of those orange plastic cano ones?

Dudeson 1882,

Dudeson 1882

Sour Deez said:
I think ashcatchers make the perfect vape attachment. Attach a Sherlock J hook piece as the mouth piece and you just turned it into a bubbler. Perfect amount of filtration for a vape IMO

Yeah I'm just finding this. Usually use a standard straight tube for vaping but recently thought I'd try this with a mouthpiece attachment and it is great. Good for solo & group vaping, a nice size to handle & pass around etc plus can sit it down.

I broke the original diffuser a while ago but bought one of these to replace it as the 4 arm one is too breakable and it is much better.

Dudeson 1882,

CutePanda

RHCPaul said:
Very excited for the water adapter. Magic Flight, you guys run such a great company, I just wanted to say how happy I am with all my MF purchases as a consumer!

I have two questions that I was hoping someone could answer.
1) How large is the box that the PA comes in? I have to send my packages to my apartment's main office if they won't fit in my mailbox. If I have to do that, is the package discreet?

The PA comes in this box I believe. And it is very discreet. No one will know what's inside.

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/st...viewAll=N&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10001641

2)Is there a way to order new mouthpiece/stems. Mine has some nasty looking discoloration.

You can order the acrylic or glass stems from Blissville or Puffitup.

CutePanda,

Dudeson 1882

Totally recommend the glass stems over the acrylic. I got a couple with my last order. They've been bit of a revelation & the only stem I use now.

Also I tried the LT with the PA but it was clear straight away that it wouldn't work as they lead attachment stops the battery going in to the housing. The batt goes in the other way to the LB.

I had to take some pics to send to MF for a warranty return. Here is the MF family & a close up of the LT batt housing with the PA batt.

30mr405.jpg

2eklpxf.jpg

Dudeson 1882,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dudeson 1882 said:
Here is the MF family
FANcluberificTASTIC family picture. An enviable collection, by an obvious long time , and seasoned "Magic Flight" voyager! :)

Vitolo,
Top Bottom