iMikerz

I only vape bud but a few friends of mine wanted to try vaping tobacco with the vaporizer. Do you think it would contaminate the taste or the box at all? And I heard that tobacco is like 6 times stronger in a vaporizer in terms of THC, is this true or is it just as safe to use as smoking?

iMikerz,

Nycdeisel

Tobacco is not safe to smoke lol

and it will extract more NICOTINE, a deadly substance, then smoking does, meaning its possible to overdose IF You vape enough.

I think it would contaminate the taste, I would get a separate Box if you want to vape tobacco.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My wife has her own MFLB for tobacco.
I have used tobacco in mine, and cant taste it, after I have cleaned the tube.
Use less heat.. in other words.. hold batery in for 2 seconds, grab and swallow a small hit or two, disengage battery... you wont get visible vapor.. and dont hit it like weed, or hold it in
The tobacco will taste nice, and be warm, but you only need one small taste.. then put it down, till later.
It saves on tobacco same as it does weed.
Don't try to reclaim and vape any oils from any tube that you have used for tobacco.
Try it once to see if you like it enough to follow the sage advice of NYCdeisel.. and buy a tobacco unit too!

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vitolo: Thanks, but I was focusing on only the LB itself, not the accessories. One reason is that those vary from dealer to dealer, and you can even get a bare LB from Blisssville.

JDSupreme: Thanks, that is a change I left out.

iMikerz: I didn't include anything about the numbers because there are no records available to me that describe such a mapping, and from what magicflight has said in the past, I'll go out on a limb and say no such records exist. You'll notice I didn't say serial numbers. That's because the numbers don't run consecutively and so aren't really serial. (Yes, I'm picky like that.) This is explained in the LB entry on Vaporpedia:

4.25 My serial number is in the XX,000s. Does that mean you've produced over XX,000 boxes?

Edited for overenthusiastic ess key (and yes, Blisssville does have three esses...

pakalolo,

iMikerz

I think I have gotten the grasp of using it now pretty well after only using it a few times. This is mostly thanks to the help of Vitolo's videos so thank you for those, also JDSupreme's video too. I have managed to teach my friends how to use it pretty quickly too so it's obvious the learning curve isn't very steep. :)

iMikerz,

luchiano

Nycdeisel said:
Tobacco is not safe to smoke lol

and it will extract more NICOTINE, a deadly substance, then smoking does, meaning its possible to overdose IF You vape enough.

I think it would contaminate the taste, I would get a separate Box if you want to vape tobacco.

I'm not going to post to start an argument but I have to show another side that isn't talked about much and that is nicotine is NOT a bad substance the way society has been taught and tell others. It is the additives a low quality tobacco leaves major corporations use in their cigarettes. It is not addictive unless, and this is in debate, you have a niacin deficiency because nicotine hits the same sites niacin does and in fact when nicotine becomes oxidized it is niacin so your body recognizes the nicotine as an important nutrient but, and I know this from experience, if you supply the niacin through diet your body isn't dependent on the tobacco for nicotine and in fact you would not want to smoke as much. This is why eating foods high in fiber and protein such as beans can make sure you have an adequate supply because the bacteria in the gut can make sure that you have niacin due to them breaking down the tryptophan that is attached to the soluble fiber that beans have a lot of and bacteria LOVE.
Nicotine is also shown to be helpful to the body to help prevent Alzheimer disease, help with fat breakdown which is why I feel it helps keep the thc in your system then be able to be metabolized as opposed to taking the cannabis by itself and a lot going to fat stores which helps with keeping tolerance low as well as keep me from getting lethargic but you have to have a good ratio and not too much tobacco or it negates the cannabis at least to me.

I do agree that you should not vaporize the same amount you smoke because vaporizing makes ingesting substances more pure meaning you need less to feel the same amount smoking would do because when you smoke you are burning a lot of active chemicals as well as diluting the vapor with a whole bunch of particulate matter.

Also, yes get a different box if you plan on reclaiming the oil because that oil will be full of nicotine and too much nicotine isn't a good feeling, I know because I went through it before.

NYCdiesel, please don't take this as me being confrontational I just want other people to hear the other side of tobacco that for money reasons isn't being taught and we the people are gonna lose a very helpful plant because at the rate things are going it will become illegal and pharmaceutical corporations will use it to sell you a drug the same way they are trying to do with cannabis now.

Check out these links:
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/adhd/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100144050
"Nicotine is rightly reviled because of its associations with smoking and addiction. But the rogue substance has a wide range of effects on the brain, which may include some healing properties. Researchers are testing nicotine and related compounds as treatments for Alzheimers disease, Parkinsons disease, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and other conditions."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=9487
"What is cholesterol-lowering niacin or nitcotinic acid?
Nicotinic acid or niacin, one of the water-soluble B vitamins, improves all lipoproteins when given in doses well above the vitamin requirement. Nicotinic acid lowers the total cholesterol, "bad" LDL-cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, while raising the "good" HDL-cholesterol level."

http://justmytruth.wordpress.com/2008/04/20/niacin-origins/
"Of all the disinformation out there, probably the most skillfully done is the origins of niacin. That is the B vitamin known as B3. Niacin is Nicotinic Acid or nicotine.

The benefit of nicotinic acid is essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract. Without nicotinic acid, our food isnt processed properly and we dont get the vitamins we need. Worst case scenario equals death at an early age. And everyone knows that taking B vitamins makes you feel good. Ever wonder why smokers like to smoke? This may be your first clue"

http://www.aacr.org/home/public--media/aacr-in-the-news.aspx?d=2318
Nicotine Does Not Promote Lung Cancer Growth in Mouse Models
"According to Dennis, about 20 percent of all smokers are truly addicted to tobacco. In these people, the use of nicotine replacement therapy has markedly helped them to quit smoking. The current Food and Drug Administration indication for most nicotine replacement therapies, such as a nicotine patch, is limited to 10 to12 weeks."

Btw, nicotine also can help you live longer due to it's ability to prevent the telomeres in dna from being broken off. This may be why smoking cigarettes has shown to cause cancer because the nicotine is preventing cells from dying when they become toxic but it's not the nicotine that is causing toxicity but the carcinogens the smokers take in when they smoke a lot and even then certain herbs have been shown to restore smokers antioxidant levels back to normal when they take them within just a month.

This product used to be called smokeshield and the table showing the results were from smokers but I guess marketing it to smokers wasn't a good business move so they changed the name but it's the same product.
http://www.newchapter.com/targeted-herbal-formulas/supercritical-antioxidants#product-information
Supercritical Antioxidants

We can go back to the topic of the MFLB. Peace out everyone.

luchiano,

weedemon

enthusiast
that was a very interesting perspective you presented luciano. never thought of it as a good plant. like you said i only think of it as a bad substance... thx for prying my eyes open a bit :p

Gongvape said:
thank god for mflb the power just went out but I'm still vaked:D

HAHA! yeah dude that happened to me a couple months ago! thanks goodness for batteries idd eh! :lol:

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
weedemon said:
Gongvape said:
thank god for mflb the power just went out but I'm still vaked:D
HAHA! yeah dude that happened to me a couple months ago! thanks goodness for batteries idd eh! :lol:
Photoon2011-06-24at0707.jpg

;)

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Any updates on a water attachment that was meantioned a few weeks ago? I've been using my small water pipe as a pass through but am curious to see what they come up with. Im so glad that so many people are taking on the art of vaping, when I first started it was like a classroom session at my house every time I toked with buddies.

:peace:

mvapes,

weedemon

enthusiast
haha yeah myvapes, I know what ya mean :p it's fun getting people to try it and possiblely switch over to the "lighter" side :p

also, I would love to hear some more info on the water filter too! I know ill most likely be buying one if it's anything like the other mflb products.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is fun indeed. I do sessions for members of Arizona Cannabis Society (only for card holders).. and The look on their faces when they get that first real buzz "tells it all"!
I love the way you said it weedmon.. the "lighter" side :)
No word on the water attachment yet.. ( and I have been asking!)
I have the fullest confidence that any water tool put together by the folks at MFLB will be simplicity itself, in style and function, and will be super easy to use! (oh.. and effective!)

Vitolo,

snackmaster

Regarding the water unit, are you guys expecting a standalone piece (a la the $3.50 China bub) or an adapter to attach the MFLB to existing pieces? Previous magicflight posts suggest it's going to be the latter:

magicflight said:
As such, it is my pleasure to announce that we will soon be releasing an adapter specifically designed for using a Launch Box with a water pipe.

magicflight said:
There are also plans in the works for making various kinds of water-pipe adapter specifically for the Box.

magicflight said:
In regards to the water pipe adapter for the Box, I can happily report that there has been significant progress in that project.

snackmaster,

Vitolo

Vaporist
According to what you just "quoted" ..
This unit that Magic Flight is preparing, may not actually contain water itself... but may just be a universal adapter of some type that can fit any device to the MFLB!
I think that all we all can do, is let our imaginations run wild with the possibilities, and then in the end see what they present to the world... like we did with the PA
It has been my experience that Magic Flight does not disappoint! :peace:

Vitolo,

hunterthompson

Hey all! I've had my MF for a while now (close to a year) and I love it of course, but I realized that my life would be a lot easier if I had a good grinder. I was looking at the puffitup magic flight category for grinders and I found two that say they are made specifically for the MFLB.

http://www.puffitup.com/Magic-Flight-OEM-herb-grinder-p/magicflightoemgrinder.htm

http://www.puffitup.com/product-p/puffitupminigrinder2part.htm

I know the first one is what many people have said is the good mini grinder but I was wondering about the second since it also says it was made specifically for MFLBs.

hunterthompson,

weedemon

enthusiast
the first one has 2 rows of teeth whereas the other only has 1. i'd buy the first one personally.

that 2nd one is still gonna bust up your bud so if you really wanna save the cash then i doubt you would be displeased. but I think the one that is more $ will give a finer grind.

About the water filter adapter,

i imagine a plug that will allow you to cork any bong stem and use it.

I hope MF's plans are bigger than that though. :D with a big bong i think the slow draw for the mflb would be an issue. instead i'd like to se a smaller little water filter. maybe make it fit between the straw and the silicone whip. only issue would be to make it spill proof :D will sit tight and wait :D

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@weedemon
That little bubble I used has perfect draw.. It just needs to be more stable, and have a real "seal".
..as for grinder.. The one marked OEM (first one posted by hunterthompson) is definitley the best for the MFLB grind.
The second is a rough grind, and like you said weedemon, it is good to bust a "nug", while the OEM is better for shredding prebusted herb to great MFLB texture!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

I have the OEM grinder for my Box, and it works really well, even with only broken up nugs! I was very surprised by how well it ground it up and how easily

Nycdeisel,

hunterthompson

Thanks for the quick replies! I didn't notice the difference in number of rows of teeth but I definitely see it now. The OEM is definitely the way to go. I also was thinking of getting the PA and was wondering if it would be possible to get them shipped together. That would be a very exciting package to get in the mail.

hunterthompson,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You wont be able to get them shipped together, as one is from Puffitup, and one is from Magic Flight....
besides a 2 package run will be more exciting. I order that way on purpose sometimes.. even if from same company! :lol:

Vitolo,

hunterthompson

Vitolo said:
You wont be able to get them shipped together, as one is from Puffitup, and one is from Magic Flight....
besides a 2 package run will be more exciting. I order that way on purpose sometimes.. even if from same company! :lol:
Yea that's what I thought and I guess 2 packages is twice as exciting as one!

hunterthompson,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

So here is a first look at the Water Pipe Adapter....
wp_adapter_01.jpg

As you can see, it is just an adapter, not actually a complete water pipe. There are a lot of people who have custom glass and we definitely wanted to support them! Although it is hard to see from the photos, the adapter has a standard taper glass on glass fitting that will fit most glass water-pipes. We will eventually be making a range of these units with different components to fit less common pipes.

The design of the adapter allows for a natural momentary vapor tight contact with the Box. This means that the join can be used as a carborator, allowing for precise control of the rate and timing of the draw -- which is important to get the best possible vapor from the Box. Another important feature of this type of arrangement is that it allows for easy shaking of the Box between hits. It also it presents zero stress on the draw hole -- both the Box and the adapter last longer and are less likely to get damaged due to bumping.

If anyone has questions -- ask away!

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

weedemon

enthusiast
Vitolo said:
@weedemon
That little bubble I used has perfect draw.. It just needs to be more stable, and have a real "seal".

yeah i saw that thing, it looks slick! :)

i used to have an awesome little bong that was probably about 1.5 times the size of yours but i traded 40 bucks worth of hash for it. :p i think yours was a better deal ;)

something like that would work nicely for sure.

weedemon,

snackmaster

@magicflight, that looks great! Definitely an elegant piece, and I really appreciate the thought you guys have put into the design. My only question is when you say you'll be making a range of these, will that include a range of angles? A lot of pieces have 90 degree joints, and I like to hit my beaker at an angle that leaves the downstem oriented vertically - both cases wouldn't necessarily be optimal with the angle on the adapter you've shown.

edit: I guess I should also say I'm definitely interested in getting my hands on one of these adapters. I'm a HUGE fan of vaping through bongs, but still haven't found the best way to do so with the MFLB. Would be more than willling to adjust the way I hit my beaker to try this thing out. :)

snackmaster,
Top Bottom