Vessel

Thanks stroh, your name is really familiar - hope you had a good go skate day, my sucked, had to work. but the weather was A+

The Eq is pretty decent. I like the cup method for the mflb, much easier than drawing through normally. I get more vapor this way, I don't get why ?

Vessel,

stroh

errl enthusiast
ahh you must be from sbc? whats your username there? my go skate day was actually pretty bad, i had to work as well, and to top it off it was thunder storming/high speed winds like crazy, driving through it was scary.

stroh,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
iMikerz said:
Ordered this a couple of weeks ago and will be picking it up from the post office tomorrow. Just a quick question - do you think it would be safe to let friends use it? It's just I've heard a few stories about friends using it wrongly and damaging it. I'm a teenager too so I'm not sure how careful my friends will be, it's just a question of how easy it is to damage the mflb.

I've driven over it accidentally, my terrier has used it as a chew toy and it looks like crap, but it works as good now as it did in March/10. I misplaced it about 8 months ago and bought another one I was that impressed with it.

Let your friends use it? Hell yes; if you are sharing hits though, make SURE that your friends remove the battery after the hit.

Easy to damage? No. Honestly, you have to work at damaging it.

Tom

tdavie,

Vessel

I am basically unknown and don't post much - Adoniah, I even got banned for unknowingly bumping a old thread, something I will never understand.

Vessel,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I think the question about damage from my end at least is how the screens are de-calibrated. Isn't it true that you'd want to prevent friends from vaping full-melts and oil dabs? Isn't that the main source of damage?

VWFringe,

Vessel

in my one time experience, kief works with out damaging the box or gunking up the screen if mixed w/ herb that I can tell .

Vessel,

budballer

broke down, i ordered a mflb.. had to see what all the hype was about. let you know how it goes.

budballer,

iMikerz

Just got my MFLB today and WOW it is small! I have read about it and seen so many pictures of it but I still wasn't expecting it to be this small :lol:

I got it from puffitup so I got a load of free stuff with it too. A word of warning to UK buyers though, I had to pay a 23 customs charge.

What exactly are the differences between the new version and the old one? I thought it would be the new one but it came with elastic bands to hold the screen shut and I thought you wouldn't need them with the new one?

iMikerz,

Nycdeisel

haha thats what they all say...

my go skate day wasnt too great either, I had lots of obligations before I could go do anything.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
iMikerz said:
What exactly are the differences between the new version and the old one? I thought it would be the new one but it came with elastic bands to hold the screen shut and I thought you wouldn't need them with the new one?
All of the new boxes will still come with rubber bands.. in case you want to carry your stem, banded to box.
This time around the only thing that marks the box as new, is a small metal ball that fits into a tiny indent on the box cover, so that cover stays in shut position more easily.
newmagicflightlaunchbox.jpg

There remains no difference in how the units function.

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've been contemplating adding a list of versions to the Vaporpedia entry:

How many versions are there, and what is the latest?

Magic-Flight doesn't identify specific models, nor do they announce design changes, therefore the exact date of a change is not known. In chronological order, the versions are:

1. The original release. The earliest boxes had a small pinhole on the bottom.

2. The pinhole, which was not intended to be a functional part of the design, was removed.

3. A small light was added to indicate whether a good battery connection has been made, and to act as a basic battery power level indicator.

4. The air intake channel was redesigned to be broader and shallower. An O-ring was added around the trench opening. A pushback ring was added in the battery chamber to prevent accidental prolonged battery contact.

5. Maple replaced birch. New stainless steel contact rods replaced the original copper-clad stainless steel.

6. A steel ball catch was added to prevent accidental opening of the cover.

I think this is complete, but I'd appreciate any corrections or additions.

pakalolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
*Glass replaced acrylic as the standard stem supplied with the kit

*Various new attachments and accessories began to show up.
-special MFLB grinder
-power adapter
-water attachment (in developement)

Vitolo,

iMikerz

Just tried out my MFLB earlier today after close to a year of mostly smoking baccy+bud joints and a blunt and a bong here and there. I am very happy with my purchase and have had probably less than 0.3g between me and a friend and I am feeling pretty buzzed at the moment. I got the hang of it pretty quickly I think as I watched quite a few videos and read about the technique quite a bit. I recommend it to anyone, even new vapers like me. Very efficient, low smell, easy to use and so portable! :D

iMikerz,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
pakalolo said:

Magic-Flight doesn't identify specific models, nor do they announce design changes, therefore the exact date of a change is not known. In chronological order, the versions are:

2. The pinhole, which was not intended to be a functional part of the design, was removed.

3. A small light was added to indicate whether a good battery connection has been made, and to act as a basic battery power level indicator.

4. The air intake channel was redesigned to be broader and shallower. An O-ring was added around the trench opening. A pushback ring was added in the battery chamber to prevent accidental prolonged battery contact.

5. Maple replaced birch. New stainless steel contact rods replaced the original copper-clad stainless steel.

Slightly deeper draw hole (to hold stem better) in the latest version?

JDSupreme,

Sour Deez

+1 for the glass stem, its the shit. Fits alot better then my old acrylic one, its SO snug. The glass is perfect, no imperfections.

Sour Deez,

iMikerz

pakalolo said:

I ordered from puffitup about 2-3 weeks ago and got mine today. It's not the newest one though for some reason as there is no steel ball attached. It has a small light that comes on but I'm not sure about the other features so it's hard to tell which version it is. Is it possible to find it out by using the serial number? Would be good if it is.

iMikerz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
iMikerz said:
...Would be good if it is.
PuffitUp always has the newest version. You ordered a few days before the release was made final.
The only difference in your unit is there is no ball catch... all else is exact.
The only place one might find older units (without Oring- or pushback ring) would be through stockpiled sellers on amazon.
I would encourage using only MFLB approved dealers, like Blissville, and Puffitup.. but...
I will say this. The people of Magic Flight do honor warranty on all boxes!

Vitolo,

elevation

I really would like to vape a weed virgin out with my MFLB, to see what effect it will have on a first time user. I notice that the vape high is alot more functional. I know my first expierences with Mary Jane were magic. :ko:

elevation,

Nycdeisel

I did that with a person who was very close to a first timer, and complained of her not really feeling it on prior occasions, however with my careful instruction she took some good hits and complimented the taste as well as the high even though she had nothing to compare it to.

AND that was before I had the battery pushback ring! ha!

Nycdeisel,

elevation

Yeah i think vaping is a very friendly way for an individual to try weed. I coughed my lungs out the first few times i smoked it. I thought that it would never go away.

When i go to friends, i put the pushback ring in my box too. I never use it at home.

elevation,

Vitolo

Vaporist
With my last box, I noticed the great page "A Step -by- Step- Guide to Perfect Vaporization'. It is very good actually, and this time I saved it, and will give it to friends to read before they try.
My usual "pocket LB" has just become ( I was going to say demoted.... but actually for his mission.. he has been promoted!), my demo box! I am using this box uniquely to let friends try (after they read instructions... and then watch me do a trench .. we can do it "side by side").
OK... cat's out of the bag. I "promoted" my friend PocketLB, due to a package I got today!

Touch Vito's Mailbox to see what came

Vitolo,

CutePanda

Is this the grinder that provides a fine grind? It looks like it has the double rows of teeth. My Sharpstone isn't grinding it fine enough even when I grind it over and over again.

http://www.puffitup.com/Magic-Flight-OEM-herb-grinder-p/magicflightoemgrinder.htm

Second, I am getting a replacement MFLB because mine runs cool. The output/brightness of the light is the same when using the powerex 2700's and the PA on the highest setting. Anyways, I am impressed with the customer service and look forward to getting my new MFLB.

CutePanda,
Top Bottom