vapeon

Hi there, very long time lurker, first time poster. I have bought my vapes only after reveiwing 100's of pages on FC, priceless info. I have an EQ that I've had for some time, I had an MFLB that I gave my brother to get him off combustion. Will be buying another shortly, 9th wonder of the world. A couple things, JDS what do you have to do to get 1 of those beautiful Zebrawoods.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone has tried the BOMBbag ON Ebay for the MFLB. You get 2 bags & a stem for $4.20. My brother wishes he could do bags, I may order them for him as a novelty. Anyone tried them ? In the ad it says "3. Blow through the hole in the back of the MFLB until the bag fills entirely, or until you are satisfied with the amount of milky white vapor in the bag." I post this because it relates to the manufaturing hole being discussed lately, they must not have done all their research correctly. Heres a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260784009956&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156
The same company also sells 2900mAh Powerex batteries (thats what is shown in the picture) for $4.20 for 2 batteries with caps. Here is that link: Your link text
Vitolo, I'm going to order 1 of those small bubbblers also. Thanks for the link. I hope my links come out ok on the tread, if not, sorry. Happy vaping.

vapeon,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vapeon: If you blow through the air channel slot on the right rear of the LB, then a bag like that will work, sort of. I don't see why you couldn't buy a few oven roasting bags and use those, however. There's nothing special about the BOMBbag that I can see. In fact the seller doesn't say what kind of bag you'll get, it's just a "polyester vapor bag". At least with oven bags you'll know you have something safe at vapour temperatures.

Also, Maha Powerex batteries are 2700 mAh, not 2900 as claimed by the seller. Caveat emptor.

pakalolo,

Dudeson 1882

JDSupreme said:
CutePanda said:
I do have the first beta PA and made sure to tighten the part that can come loose and reduce the power of the PA.

Did you check BOTH ends? I always thought it was just the button end but the nipple end came loose on mine over time without me noticing and decreased hit power. Check them both, then i'd contact MF

Didn't know about this. Is it a regular bit of maintenance everyone should do? If so how long do you reckon before I'd need to tighten them?

Dudeson 1882,

vapeon

pakalolo said:
vapeon: If you blow through the air channel slot on the right rear of the LB, then a bag like that will work, sort of. I don't see why you couldn't buy a few oven roasting bags and use those, however. There's nothing special about the BOMBbag that I can see. In fact the seller doesn't say what kind of bag you'll get, it's just a "polyester vapor bag". At least with oven bags you'll know you have something safe at vapour temperatures.

Also, Maha Powerex batteries are 2700 mAh, not 2900 as claimed by the seller. Caveat emptor.

Right on, thanks pakalolo.

vapeon,

CutePanda

@JDSupreme: I just checked the nipple end and it was tight for the most part as I could barely tighten it more. I'll test it out in a bit to see if anything has changed and then will contact Magic Flight.

@Dudeson: You should check to see if both ends are tight and just make a mental note of where those 2 little holes are aligned on the nipple side and the button end. I personally haven't had to tighten the button end since I discovered that was keeping my PA from reaching it's full potential.

CutePanda,
BEWARE FAKE MAGIC FLIGHT

Hey You Guys whats up. I know this is my first time posting and im new to the forum. Im a huge magic flight fan and im spreading the news about it to every one. But i have some interesting news to share. I just found two videos on you tube of some guy who made his own magic flight type device with some mods check it out and let me know what you guys think.URL Below

Display
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77DWpoTsXp8&feature=player_detailpage

Use
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7aEw4NqxMA&feature=player_detailpage

mflb_hustler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
vapeon said:
Anyway I was wondering if anyone has tried the BOMBbag ON Ebay for the MFLB.
I am trying to find the post, but this thread is too long Somebody help me!... That guy that is selling the bomb bag, did a post here about it I think with a brief video.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
MFLB_Retailer said:
BEWARE FAKE MAGIC FLIGHT
What do you think Retailer?... could this be linked to the fakes? ( is this what you are suggesting?)The vid looked pretty small time to supply a smoke shop.. but then they did say they were charging alot.
What's your take on it?

Vitolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i fashioned a disposable bag (two or three session use) for the MFLB using a ziploc bag and some scotch tape, it worked well enough though it makes the trench go a lot quicker, and it can be easy to scorch your herb if you aren't careful. it does deliver thick and tastier hits, but i prefer using it the traditional way or with a bubbler.

stroh,

Vessel

Hey Stroh, You have Awesome asian Hair :p

There are sooo many variables when using this device, Does it take awhile for the mflb to "break in" to get to working like it should, or up to par ? Can you use kief in the mflb ?

I just got my mflb today in the mail - I was surprised as to how small it really is. The people at blisssville are really nice and go out of their way to be kind, they gave me a free abv container and plastic tube along w/ everything else they hand out. Though I don't think I got the latest version, it doesn't have a ball catch and the wood is pretty light in color :( . Though it does have a ring above the trench, buffer ring for battery, and groove for intake that runs along the clip above the cover.

To be honest though, I am not taking to the mflb really, I don't think I really get it. When I first tried the mflb it was a bit harsh, not much taste, a couple of times I could actually taste/smell burnt wood. The herb would be charred a little bit, uneven w/ specks of green- at that time my method was very slow sips w/ 10 sec warm up, w/ 5-11 sec follow heat ups to try to experiment, used w/ full or near full trench, grounded and shaken after each hit . Now after like 5or6 trenches, I am trying to heat up 7-10 secs (or until I see vapor in tube/top view) with slightly less than full trench tilt so herb is piled down near the heating element, small whisper sips While heating up and less frequent sips when not heating, I take these small hits to add up to one hit that isn't that big and still tastes a bit off, but not as bad a before. Though when trying to go for the bigger hits, it would be harsh and taste like wood. Actually I think my most efficient way to get closest to the effect/taste I want is to heat up the box until vapor fills up then just suck it up, though that's pretty tedious and slow. An Just now I am trying small sips with no heat up time, but I keep heating for the most part - I think the taste now is alittle cleaner, still hardly any taste even with first hit. By the way I am using stock batteries, tomorrow I ll try powerex 7000, but I don't think there will be that much of a difference.

I also got the feeling like I smoked, especially the first time, a bit of a sick feeling, the burnt wood probably didn't help. I did get high, but it was a kind of short weird high, the only way I can describe is the high you get when smoking but not as bad, I just wouldn't feel good, kind of sickish/luggish - I would be high, but feel it lacking certain spectrum's (aspects) of the herbs offering that I am use to getting so easily with my other vape. I own a EQ and only vaporize, so I am pretty use to that setup.

I really don't know what to expect now, before I was thinking it would be a device that could deliver clean tasty lung tingling hits w/ a high like the one I'd get from a desktop vape. Now I feel like I have something that could get me high, but not the desirable high I am use too, and best on a low tolerance. I've read allot about using the device and have seen allot of the videos of people using it, but I guess I still don't get it, I didn't think it would be this hard to use. I believe there is more to this device, but so far I am unable to get there. The fact that its portable and concealable where the most appealing aspects and the main buying point, though had I known what the mflb is like first hand, I probably would have opted a EQ battery pack, and eventually another EQ.

To summarize it all up, I expected more, thought I'd be able to dial it down right way having read and viewed so much - thought It would deliver hits similar to what I am use to with my desktop vape

Vessel,

cluffy

Vaker
weedemon said:
I dropped mine, and ever since then the door is very loose. i can literally swing the cover round and round very freely.(somehow the pin that holds the door down has come out/up a bit.) before it was stiff enough i didn't need an elastic on it unless it was going in my pocket.

Dude, if you take off the cover you can press that pin back in if you're careful. I used a vise but waterpump pliers might work.

I had to tighten mine after taking the cover off to do the snick mod.

Good Luck!

cluffy,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Vitolo said:
MFLB_Retailer said:
BEWARE FAKE MAGIC FLIGHT
What do you think Retailer?... could this be linked to the fakes? ( is this what you are suggesting?)The vid looked pretty small time to supply a smoke shop.. but then they did say they were charging alot.
What's your take on it?

I don't think it's related. this fellow posted his vids on one of the UK forums a few days ago, so I guess he's over here. Just an amateur trying to save himself a few quid and sharing his discovery, I believe.

Vessel said:
There are sooo many variables when using this device, Does it take awhile for the mflb to "break in" to get to working like it should, or up to par ? Can you use kief in the mflb ?
there is a little bit of a break in period. Mine calmed down after a little while and it became harder to char and have 'black and green' after a little while

Vessel said:
I also got the feeling like I smoked, especially the first time, a bit of a sick feeling, the burnt wood probably didn't help. I did get high, but it was a kind of short weird high, the only way I can describe is the high you get when smoking but not as bad, I just wouldn't feel good, kind of sickish/luggish - I would be high, but feel it lacking certain spectrum's (aspects) of the herbs offering that I am use to getting so easily with my other vape. I own a EQ and only vaporize, so I am pretty use to that setup.

I actually agree with you on some aspects of the nature of the high and I myself consider it closer to smoking effect. I put it down to the relatively uneven heating of the load, and those bits in direct contact with the screen getting slightly hotter in the course of bringing the 'load' (that componnet which will vape without a shake) up to temp. I reckon maybe it causes larger release of other CBNs from those hotter parts of the load actively being vaporized- so CBN spectrum wise I actually believe you get more, although I also believe the LB principle is not best suited for easy and efficient 'complete' extraction from the lower part of that spectrum. I also notice the honey/oil from the LB is a much darker colour than in my more consistent temp vapes (volcano & aromed), which kind of affirms this notion in my mind. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just one of the LBs characteristics to have a slightly different high IMO...

Vessel said:
I really don't know what to expect now, before I was thinking it would be a device that could deliver clean tasty lung tingling hits w/ a high like the one I'd get from a desktop vape. Now I feel like I have something that could get me high, but not the desirable high I am use too, and best on a low tolerance. .....

....To summarize it all up, I expected more, thought I'd be able to dial it down right way having read and viewed so much - thought It would deliver hits similar to what I am use to with my desktop vape

I think you should try it with some water filtration, like the mini bubbler Vito demos a page or two back. It should easily allow you to get the bigger hits that are more familiar and might allow for an easier transition to 'boxing'. I agree that it can sometime feel a little harsh without water cooling, and it can definately induce a 'throat' cough molre easily than my other vapes. (with them if there's a cough it's normally more a chest induced cough). Give water cooling and moisturizing a try.

But IMO the LB is a trade off in many aspects. For me it's all about portability, stealth, quickness and convenience rather than efficiency (as a vaporiser, in the true sense of the word, but the LB is still effective with small amounts) and hit satisfaction, and I don't think that I could recommend it as an only vape. It's an essential part of my arsenal though, and one I do recommend as a compliment to others. Stick with it a while and I think you might come to love it more. :2c:

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Vessel-
Give it time. I don't think it is breaking in the unit, as much as breathing technique.
Dont be tempted during breathing to expel some vapor to see if it is working (that is many new LB owners flaw). Don't stop.... fill lungs ALL THE WAY... using tiny micro hits, ,and then inhaling them.. watch some vids!.. dont releaser your hit when you stop to shake the trench load..... hold it in... shake, insert battery, and continue filling your lungs.
MY LB gets me just as high as my SSV.. just takes longer (but not much longer).
The breathing/lung use system, will become second nature....
and shortly YOU will be coaching folks "how to.."
*JDSupreme made an MFLB hitting vid... it is very helpful indeed. JDSupreme on MFLB Hits
*I made one a few pages back about using lungs better for the box. MFLB Breathing
Hang in there, and remember that every vape has it's learning curve, and MFLB's "curve" will be mastered, and you will love it!

Vitolo,

steven22

Hey guys... been using the powerex 2700 for couple weeks now and here are my thoughts...

I think I kinda dislike them... there are pros and cons for this.

yes, they are strong, they can last for 2 trenches(more on this later) , they get hot, make better vapor...

but, im really disliking the HSD aspect of the 2700, they dont hold a charge long enough to cater to my needs.

iv been using eneloops and raovac platinums for over a year, they are weaker 2000mah LSD's, if im lucky, I can go through 1.5 trenches per battery. and the battery should retain full charge for at least a few days to a week without use or charge.
---

I don't always charge my batteries daily, especially if life is busy and the only time I get to toke up is at night in my room, then I use one of my desktop vapes. The 2700's that I assumed were fully charged because I took them off the charger a night ago and placed them in my case , end up being dead on my when I finally needed use my LB (after the busy time period has passed)

I guess I need to make a habit of always popping them in the charger every night, regardless if I used them or not.... which I assumed would shorten the lifespan.

*more on this later* Yes, the 2700 can do 2 trenches easily, IF those 2 trenches are one after the other, without a break inbetween. I have noticed, that If I only use one trench in the morning, and attempt my second trench at night, that batt would be almost dead because of the HSD properties.

so anyways, mixed feeling about the 2700, its probably just a personal issue and wont apply to most people.

I might buy them again, they really are strong batteries, but Im going to try out a better LSD as well.
are the imedion 2400 the best LSD i can get?

steven22,

Vitolo

Vaporist
steven22 said:
Hey guys..
You opened it ----> :worms:
You are gonna get a bunch of answers (all opinion).
My preference is Powerex AAI240-AAAT (or AAAO) it is 2400. In my experience it has the best life, and I have used them hard, and charged daily. :2c:

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Vitolo I thought the Imedion 2400s were the same as those original ones that you refer to by a different name?

Nycdeisel,

max

Out to lunch
I have noticed, that If I only use one trench in the morning, and attempt my second trench at night, that batt would be almost dead because of the HSD properties.
They shouldn't die that fast. Could be that you're not getting a full charge, or the battery is damaged.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
Vitolo I thought the Imedion 2400s were the same as those original ones that you refer to by a different name?
I thought so also. I learned from BlissSville about the "chain" of batteries. When the company changed,(like earlier with sanyo/panasonic) the diameter changed slightly. The powerex fit s bit more snuggly, but not enough to restrict from pushback. This more solid battery contact helps some in reducing faster discharge by keeping the connection constant, as intermittency reduces life of each charge (on/off effect).
Then also... is the truth that I just feel better more consistant trenches with the powerex (I do have both)

Vitolo,

steven22

max said:
I have noticed, that If I only use one trench in the morning, and attempt my second trench at night, that batt would be almost dead because of the HSD properties.
They shouldn't die that fast. Could be that you're not getting a full charge, or the battery is damaged.

I might be exaggerating a little bit, they may not be dead for the second trench at night, but they definitely arent as strong as id like..

anyways, my carrying pouch that I use allows me to carry the box, stem, stash , and 3 batteries max.
I always just brought 2 with me where ever i went.. now i started carrying a 3rd LSD incase the 2 HSD's die.

pretty much from my experience, if its been more than 24hrs since last charged fully, it will give you shotty performance or no performance.

steven22,

steven22

Vitolo said:
steven22 said:
Hey guys..
You opened it ----> :worms:
You are gonna get a bunch of answers (all opinion).
My preference is Powerex AAI240-AAAT (or AAAO) it is 2400. In my experience it has the best life, and I have used them hard, and charged daily. :2c:

oops lol

thanks for the suggestion, ill check them out

I just realized, that powerex is the company name, that makes multiple types of batteries. Always assumed in this thread that when someone spoke of a powerex, they meant the 2700's , gotta keep that in mind from now on

steven22,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
I did a quick search and they are both Powerex? :hmm:
No.. there are still imedions, and they are OK too. But the newest ones are Powerex. The ones marked Powerex have the slightly larger diameter.

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
steven22 said:
I just realized, that powerex is the company name, that makes multiple types of batteries. Always assumed in this thread that when someone spoke of a powerex, they meant the 2700's , gotta keep that in mind from now on

The company name is actually Maha Energy Corporation. The LSD line is called Imedion and has a 2400 mAh capacity. The LB is delivered with Imedions so that they will arrive at least partially charged.

Maha uses the Powerex name on most if not all of their other products. Generally, when I see batteries referred to as Powerex, I think of the AA 2700 mAh HSD batteries--but that's just me.

pakalolo,

steven22

speaking of my case,

I took pictures of what my MFLB setup looks like... been using it like this for a year. It is a pouch that came with a really old Logitech laptop mouse. just the right size to hold the box, stem, contact lens case, 2 batteries or a 3rd one in little pocket on the side. (originally intended for the USB dongle for the mouse)

pretty much, I can easily last 2 days in the field with this setup and LSD batteries. the contact case can hold about 2 trenches on each side, 3 if I stuff it. I leave the other side empty for ABV, unless I know Iwont be back home for a while, then I stuff both sides. :D

and I can shove the brush in there as well.... I just dont

here ya go

P1000172.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000174.jpg

P1000175.jpg

steven22,
Top Bottom