VaporAssassin

dougl79 said:
i am now reading that i should not expect much vapor with the mflb. i have tried it 3x now. is there a way to produce more/thicker vapor? maybe i should consider another portable vape that can produce thicker vapor, such as the iolite or vapir no2?

thanks fc!

It's all about draw speed. I personaly like the sip technic

Push bat in wait for vapor to bluid
sip slow 1sec
wait 2sec
sip slow 1sec
repeat about 15-20 sec
remember shake shake shake can't shake too much.

JDSupreme has a great youtube videos doing the sip. make thick clouds! but remember thick clouds isn't always better vapor or high. But to each his own. Don't give up! I've used a lot of vapes this is one of the best.

VaporAssassin,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
pakalolo said:
max said:
Vicki said:
I just noticed that the name of this thread has been changed from "The Magic Flight Launch Box" to "The Magic Flight Box." Is the name of the box going to change too?
Only one word was removed from the title- "review". That was done for consistency with other vape threads, and accuracy, since the thread is much more than a review. If magicflight ever had 'launch' in the title, he edited it out himself.

max is correct, "Launch" was never part of the title. (I have a copy of the first 150 pages or so of this thread.) I do think that someone should add that word, though. It is part of the name of the device, after all.

Really? I could have sworn "launch" was there. I must be getting senile.....

Vicki,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
majorpayne66 said:
Very nice JD. If only her top was open :brow:

One hole filled, one hole open :lol:

2011-06-17205131.jpg

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Dammit JD, we hates you now.

Since you are a stem user, you haven't reached perfection yet. You need one of Ed's.

pakalolo,

Mechtradevil20

Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich Enthusiast
Thanks for the info, Vito! Great posts you have in the thread, I'll make a note to watch some of your videos. Nice photo there.. I've been craving some fishing, I'd think the launch box will make a great companion when not fishing with others :D

Mechtradevil20,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
pakalolo said:
Dammit JD, we hates you now.

Since you are a stem user, you haven't reached perfection yet. You need one of Ed's.

Ya ya im getting there. But I really like being able to see the vapor in my stem :p The stems that I had with my older LB dont fit into the zebrawood one. Only the stem that came with it. I put them side by side I really cant see a difference but the newest stem has to be a TINY bit smaller. The older ones do not fit in the new box. Im going to order a glass stem and another acrylic from blisssville and see if they fit.

Anyone else notice a very slight change in acrylic stem size?

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
Yes... I noticed a variation in the acrylic stems.
I ordered a couple replacement acrylic tubes, but they were too snug for the newest box I have.(I even detected a bit of micro chipping at the tip after one use). I ordered glass and it fits perfectly.
The Ed's stems fit well too.
On my wifes box (a week old) it came with glass, as the new standard stem.

Vitolo,

Surf Monkey

Sorry if this info is in the thread, but is the PA officially released yet or is it still in beta?

Surf Monkey,

slain

Vapor Vision
the PA being shipped out is the production model :ko: the significant other has been harping about my lack of productivity due to the PA lol

slain,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vitolo said:
JDSupreme said:
Yes... I noticed a variation in the acrylic stems.
I ordered a couple replacement acrylic tubes, but they were too snug for the newest box I have.(I even detected a bit of micro chipping at the tip after one use). I ordered glass and it fits perfectly.
The Ed's stems fit well too.
On my wifes box (a week old) it came with glass, as the new standard stem.

Good to know thx. I'm gonna grab a pair of glass stems. I'll save this one smaller acrylic for a travel stem and keep the glass @ home.

I also noticed the draw hole on the new box is a bit deeper and holds the stem WAAAAY better than the shallower hole on the older box. I'm assuming the newer boxes have this as well and its not just the exotic.

JDSupreme,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
not that this thing needs another endorsement, but I love my PA. I almost forgot it was a portable that I could use with batteries!

stickstones,

Vessel

I am considering a mflb as a second vape in line with my EQ- Is the MFLB really worth it, I do like it mainly because its portable and has descent feedback to back it up as a decent if not awesome product. The price is also appealing-
Does any one get sick of their MFLB, who maybe already has a main vape, and would just assume to have saved their money from buying the MFLB and buy something better down the line ?

With Aziers SOLO I am not so sure, its really to expensive for me, I could afford it but would feel bad, which is how I felt about the EQ a little bit, but that was my first step into vaping- and ended up being well worth it. I like the idea of the MFLB due to its portability and seemingly fair durability and effectiveness, it has a ruggedness that the solo doesn't have it seems. though the solo looks like one fine piece of machine, I just don't think i could take it snowboarding or be as active with it has the mflb. ehh

I am still pretty tempted to order the MFLB- Where exactly can I get a PA ? I clicked on a link someone posted here but it didn't work.

Vessel,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Hey guys, haven't posted in forever. I've owned an Extreme Q for about a year, but wanted a portable option (I have a one-hitter but am trying to abolish smoking) because I love doing it on the go. I checked out Arizer's new Solo and it looks like a great piece of technology, but isn't totally portable. I've heard and read nothing but good things about the Launch Box, so picked one up today.

AMAZING! I'm surprised at how far a little pinch of herb goes in this thing. Also, needless to say, the size and simplicity are great as well. I noticed my herb got a little scorched, possibly on the verge of combustion. Apart from what's in the instruction manual, and because I don't want to read through 400+ pages of this thread, can someone give this newbie some pointers on getting the most out of this fine vaporizer?

deke,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Vessel - I was in pretty much the same boat as you. I've only owned my Launch box for six hours or so, so I can't really give an endorsement yet (although I love it through two or three sessions so far). I love my Extreme Q and Arizer in general, but with the Solo, I found it was somewhat large and heavy. Still portable, but not sneaky portable. Also, at its current price and 'newness', I would wait a bit until a newer model comes out.

Since I already use my Extreme Q at home and don't plan to 'upgrade' (I honestly think it's better than a Volcano, even excluding the price difference) I only plan to use the Launch Box on the go. It seems like an ideal portable - very simple and absolutely tiny, you could toke almost anywhere with this thing. It's easily concealed in one hand. The lifetime warranty helps, too.

Just my two cents. If I was looking for a primary vaporizer that was also portable, I'd probably go for the Solo. But if you have a quality unit already and just need a portable complement, I think the Launch Box is a solid choice.

deke,

Vessel

hey deke, your situation is similar to mine. I of course don't own a mflb yet, but after reading a good bit I've found some good info.

You'll get the hang of it soon I am sure, I think learning to apply the battery to preference of vape would be the hardest thing to learn with the mflb. My take after reading is pretty novice, like to avoid near combustion, simply don't use the battery as long. An when inhaling, take light, smooth, slow sips like you would from a small straw, in a rhythmic like pattern, sucking slightly longer each time . shake well after each hit, Keep screen area clean - and to be careful because apparently its fragile. first make sure your herb is grounded up finely, preferably, and use fully charge batteries, and eventually get batteries that are of a higher rating at a battery store, they last longer and apparently work better with the unit, you'll have to take the skin off the battery though, so ive heard.

You've probably heard most of this, but on top of my head this is what I know.
Edit:
I happened to of wrote this before I saw your post

cheers -

Vessel,

Vessel

Thanks deke, you added one of the last pieces of the puzzle to me decision.

Edit:

While I don't like nicotine, say that I got curious and wanted to try some nice pipe tobacco in my mflb, would using multiple substances in the mflb effect its taste or smell ? I would think maybe it would/could end up smelly and start to give off a smell or taste when vaping altering the taste of whatever I vaping, especially since pipe tobacco is pretty strong smelling.

Vessel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have tasted various tobaccos with my LB. It has not affected the taste or smell. My wife does not use herb. Her LB is only for tobacco, and her box smells and tastes fine to me, when I draw on it with no contents. There is not a lingering aroma.
Many will warn you that using tobacco in the same unit will ruin the chances of harvesting oils afterward, but the MFLB's short delivery system does not allow for collection from more than 2 inches of "stem".
If you are all concerned about the purity of taste and essence of your herb, though.. I would not risk it.

Vitolo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
So I sold my launch box last night :| I'll miss it, but I don't vape outside the house much right now, so it was a little unnecessary.

My buddy that bought it has vaped before, And owns a VG glass classic and a glass ball vape. He texted me today saying "This thing kicks ass. Fuck combustion man." and "Its still going from last night. I think im in love."

I'm glad my lb went to an appreciative new owner. I'm sure if he has time he'll join up here soon enough.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I bought a friends box when he got discouraged with it.
He saw me having so much fun with it, he asked to buy it back!
I am glad your box found a good home! :)

Vitolo,

Surf Monkey

Sorry to hear you sold your LB, Prpl. I only go mobile with my LB on rare occasions, but I use it at home more than any other vape I own. It's so convenient that it's effectively replaced both my Buddha and my EQ. It's hard to over state how great it is to have a unit that's instant-on and delivers such great hits.

Surf Monkey,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Surf Monkey said:
Sorry to hear you sold your LB, Prpl. I only go mobile with my LB on rare occasions, but I use it at home more than any other vape I own. It's so convenient that it's effectively replaced both my Buddha and my EQ. It's hard to over state how great it is to have a unit that's instant-on and delivers such great hits.

I hear you there. I just got a new tube for the eq though. I will own a lb again though, hopefully with the pa and waterpipe adapter!

It's just an amazing piece of technology. Like the protopipe when it came out(for those of you that dont know, it's the launch box of portable stealthy combustion pieces.)

Purpl3_Haz3,

deke

Vapeosaurus
Thanks for distilling those tips, Vessel. And thanks for the vid, slain. I've been trying some things, like inhaling like it's a straw or cigar, with better success. Figuring out the optimal way to use something like this is a really fun part of the process.

I have a question. I understand that bowls should be packed only in the trench, and no higher than the top of the trench. Fine. The thing is, whenever I stir up the bowl between hits, it's kind of a hassle to open the cover and poke around until all the herb is back in the trench. What if I shake it up, most of the herb falls in the trench, but maybe a third or so is scattered around the screen above the trench? Is this going to hurt the unit if I continue hitting it like this?

deke,
Top Bottom