• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vapirtoo

3 million views ? This has to be a record. Where is Guiness when you nee them.
This is the vape that taught me how to fuck combustion, and it remains my go to vape when outside.
Not big on cloud production, but it medicates completely and secretly.
Oh yeah this is the vape that led me to this forum

Dutch-Mic

Also my outdoor vape, perfect device for stealthy hits on the beach or in the woods.

I read many times that the MFLB isn't big on cloud production. Maybe it's because I was already an owner of the Vapcap and Vaponic, but I always produce big clouds, even if I try to get barely visible ones :shrug:

SpudBob

Ive got both the Beta P.A. and another newer P.A. for my MFLB. I don't use the regular glyphs any more. When on the go I use this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHNQIR2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A24OIV2F0TL1K3&psc=1. Works amazing though a little bulky. I just put it in a small camera bag. Lasts for hrs. You DO still need the connector from your P.A. ,too ,though. To me the MF has never, really, made impressive clouds. To me, big clouds don't, necessarily, mean big medication. I can get thoroughly medicated and barely see a cloud on the MF.

Tranquility

I remember one of my first posts here had to do with comparing my previous MFLB use and my current FF2. I was roundly stomped upon (nicely) for my claim that the MFLB was more efficient. From the last few posts here, if my experience is similar, maybe it is the LACK of clouds on exhale while still getting what appears to be full toast of the AVB that is the reason.

OF

How long do u use your batteries before they need to be tossed and replaced? Mine seem to hold much less juice after just 6 months..

I think that's much too subjective to get a useful answer. Some guys hammer 'em into serious discharge rather that 'giving them a break' and recharging before they strain too much. Some guys take care to keep them cool, some guys don't. I think either of those two factors, alone can easily give a 3 or more times difference in useful life. Guys that let them overheat charging and using AND run them into the dirt before recharging can easily get 1/6 the life that guys who don't? Or, the other way around guys that are kinder can get many times more life?

And then there's the whole issue of how much use per month each of us is using? A guy who does a session or two a week is going to enjoy more trouble free months than the guy who does several a day.......

Too many variables to give useful advice?

You should know when they're getting tired. They tend to degrade slowly over time in both their ability to store charge (capacity) and more importantly for us their internal resistance, that is the ability to deliver HUGE bursts of power without overheating internally. They interact of course, a 'slower to heat' battery will be used more seconds per hit because of it. Like traditional Chinese wok cooking, best efficiency comes from lots of power on tap for rapid heat ups and prompt shutdowns to save 'fuel'. When your batteries seem tired, I suggest you test them against a known good (new) one to see if replacement is warranted. After all, only you can really answer that question?

Regards,

OF

almost there

If I must choose between a a bottle rocket and a UFO, which is the better buy if they are the same price? Is there a general consensus of which is better built and more modifiable to be used with other vapes? Thanks, any tips and advice would be appreciated.

almost there,

howie105

You are getting into a small bore hose size (high drag) so if you are matching it up to a high volume vape the difference will be noticeable. I have a UFO and it works way better on the MFLB then it does on an LSV, but that is just my assessment. Beyond that the UFO itself is a nice little bubbler that I enjoy and its has a lifetime glass guarantee so when I break it they replace it. I Really need that,

almost there

thanks for the reply, somewhere I read the cap for the ufo doesn't form a good enough seal, is that still true?
edit- it was a good price, I just bought both:lol:

Last edited:
almost there,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Beyond that the UFO itself is a nice little bubbler that I enjoy and its has a lifetime glass guarantee so when I break it they replace it. I Really need that,

????

My UFO doesn't have any glass pieces so... no lifetime warranty on glass came with mine.

RUDE BOY,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Mine came with only an acrylic straw and acrylic down-stems, maybe because I didn't buy it directly from magic flight.

:shrug:

RUDE BOY,

almost there

What is the general consensus on the Monocle edition? As of a year ago there was complaints of vapor leakage because there's gaps in the lid, has that issue been addressed? I really dig the look of the monocle but it wouldn't be worth it if it compromises the stealth factor. I wouldn't be using this on the daily but it seems like such a beautiful piece to add to the collection with that brassy vintage look.

Sorry for the double post Mods, please combine

What is the general consensus on the Monocle edition? As of a year ago there was complaints of vapor leakage because there's gaps in the lid, has that issue been addressed? I really dig the look of the monocle but it wouldn't be worth it if it compromises the stealth factor. I wouldn't be using this on the daily but it seems like such a beautiful piece to add to the collection with that brassy vintage look.

Hi. First Post! Long time lurker and committed vaper here. I've used a MFLB almost exclusively for years and love it! I've got several LBs, the Monocle being my latest addition to the clan along with a PA. The PA rocks! I just wish I'd shelled out sooner for one instead of pratting about with batteries for years.
Yes there is vapour leakage with the Monocle but a slight change in draw technique seems to stop this. A slow steady draw rather than repeated sips works for me. I mostly vape indoors with a PA so leakage isn't really an issue for me though.
To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the Monocle. The lid looks and feels like thin stamped metal with a cheap coating. A tiny increase in gauge would improve things no end. The edges aren't sharp but they haven't been finished to the same standard as I've got used to with MFLBs. The lid doesn't open and close as easily or smoothly as the acrylic lid and after only a few trenches the lid's coating is already scratched off under the spring. Circular holes in the lid instead of slots and more of a bend on the very end of the spring would improve the action I think.
There's also a problem using the finishing grinder because the Monocle's lid catch thingy (ball bearing?) has been moved to the middle and fouls the grinder in use creating a gap. Not a biggy, I'll get the Dremel to the edge of the grinder and cut a notch, but I shouldn't have to.
The Monocle looks nice but for every day use I still prefer my bog-standard Maple with its acrylic lid

almost there

Hi. First Post! Long time lurker and committed vaper here. I've used a MFLB almost exclusively for years and love it! I've got several LBs, the Monocle being my latest addition to the clan along with a PA. The PA rocks! I just wish I'd shelled out sooner for one instead of pratting about with batteries for years.
Yes there is vapour leakage with the Monocle but a slight change in draw technique seems to stop this. A slow steady draw rather than repeated sips works for me. I mostly vape indoors with a PA so leakage isn't really an issue for me though.
To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the Monocle. The lid looks and feels like thin stamped metal with a cheap coating. A tiny increase in gauge would improve things no end. The edges aren't sharp but they haven't been finished to the same standard as I've got used to with MFLBs. The lid doesn't open and close as easily or smoothly as the acrylic lid and after only a few trenches the lid's coating is already scratched off under the spring. Circular holes in the lid instead of slots and more of a bend on the very end of the spring would improve the action I think.
There's also a problem using the finishing grinder because the Monocle's lid catch thingy (ball bearing?) has been moved to the middle and fouls the grinder in use creating a gap. Not a biggy, I'll get the Dremel to the edge of the grinder and cut a notch, but I shouldn't have to.
The Monocle looks nice but for every day use I still prefer my bog-standard Maple with its acrylic lid
Wow, I can't express how grateful I am for that comprehensive and insight reply. You've answered all the little auxiliary concerns I had regarding finishing grinder and all, bravo. I'll see if I can find a laser engraved standard I fancy and if not I may just have to see if I can live with the little irritating details. It looks so cool, like a little invention someone made back in prohibition time

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

If this isn't allowed here feel free to take it down/ask me to delete. I haven't had the chance to use my MFLB in a long time in favor of the Dynavap M. However, I decided to make a video going over how amazing the Launch Box was at launch and the issues it has after 8 years.

mod note: merged into appropriate thread

Last edited by a moderator:

justcametomind

Nice video. 2 questions: Weren't Vaporgenies also available as a the time of MFLB was launched?
What's the name of the high end vape that's mentioned at the beginning? Seems like it didn't age as well as MFLB did.

justcametomind,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom