His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hey Everyone,

Also on a site note, I have not used my box in a few years (I put it aside for my arizer air, but am enjoying using it with the PA I have. I have not been up to date with MFLB tech, but I was hoping to make sure my old standard MFLB charger will work without a problem once I get a set of working "Gold" batteries.

Thanks Everyone!

I didn't have a great experience with the MFLB stock charger. My batteries, when charging, got hot. Sometimes to the point of untouchable. I believe the stock charger may have shortened the life of the batteries. I bought a BT-C2000 V2.1 charger and the batteries didn't get nearly as hot plus the charger has additional functionality such as a battery refresh mode. I think there is a newer version of the BT-C2000 V2.1 available now. Got mine from Amazon.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I don't have a MFLB, so I haven't used NiMH in a while.......but looking at these last two posts, I would seriously consider ditching the stock charger and getting a well regulated one that handles NiMH. Nickel based batteries are very efficient while charging up to 70%, then get progressively warmer as they approach 100%. A properly regulated charger should switch to a trickle and foster a cool down process. That heat at the end of the charge definitely shortens the cycle life of the cells.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
I've been out of the MFLB world for quite a while, however, recently I've been finding myself needing a portable again.

I think my old batteries are dead, don't seem to hold a charge at all. I haven't used my MFLB and batteries since probably around 2012. Luckily it seems like people have recently been talking about batteries and chargers so I didn't have to dig too deep in all these pages. I remember back when I first bought the MFLB, there weren't nearly this many pages in the MFLB thread :myday:

I'm considering buying a BT-C2400 and Gold cell batteries from PIU. Would these two options suffice to get my MFLB working again?

Also, would the BT-C2400 be able to bring my old batteries back to life? or are they too far gone at this point? Thanks in advance.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm considering buying a BT-C2400 and Gold cell batteries from PIU. Would these two options suffice to get my MFLB working again?

Also, would the BT-C2400 be able to bring my old batteries back to life? or are they too far gone at this point? Thanks in advance.

Yes that charger and batteries will be perfect for your Launch Box, as for bringing the old batteries back to life I'd think only trying 'em out with the charger will tell.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've been out of the MFLB world for quite a while, however, recently I've been finding myself needing a portable again.

I think my old batteries are dead, don't seem to hold a charge at all. I haven't used my MFLB and batteries since probably around 2012. Luckily it seems like people have recently been talking about batteries and chargers so I didn't have to dig too deep in all these pages. I remember back when I first bought the MFLB, there weren't nearly this many pages in the MFLB thread :myday:

The BT-C2400 is capable of doing what you need. It can test and refresh your old batteries. I have the previous version of the BT-C2400 and have had some success with the testing and refreshing options.

The OEM charger that came with the MFLB seemed to stress some of my batteries (Too hot to touch when charging) to the extent that they couldn't be depended on so I started marking the batteries that were letting me down so I wouldn't make the mistake of using them while out of the house. I eventually refreshed the stressed batteries. What I found was that the refresh cycle would take over a day to complete but the batteries did get some new life charged into them. The refresh didn't bring them back to their original power and reliability but it did bring them back to what I would consider a 75% level. Unfortunately the stressed batteries wouldn't hold their strength permanently and would require periodic refreshes. Each refresh completed with less power/battery-time available and I eventually discarded the challenged batteries. If your batteries are just old and not stressed/abused you should have better refresh results than I did. I don't want you to get the wrong impression though....prior to the refresh the challenged batteries wouldn't last half as long as after the refresh so the refresh was worthwhile. It just didn't bring them all the way back to their original power.

Vaporcussion

Hello all,

I'm an early MFLB user; moved on years ago, and still have two MFLB's and two prototype wall chargers. Nothing works anymore. Do you think customer service would fix these old items? Thinking they are from 2008 or so...

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

howie105

Hello all,

I'm an early MFLB user; moved on years ago, and still have two MFLB's and two prototype wall chargers. Nothing works anymore. Do you think customer service would fix these old items? Thinking they are from 2008 or so...

As I remember the actual box is covered for life but the accessories are only covered for three months. However I am on drugs so check that against their web site to make sure.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello all,

Since the MFLB uses NiMH AA batteries, it would not be worth it to fix the wall chargers. Any NiMH charger will do. They are inexpensive and available everywhere. Are you sure they don't work? After that long, it could just be that the batteries are dead.

Markus

In this thread, some time back, I remember folks mentioning that Burt's Bees lip balm was good to use on the box. I tried the search and wasn't able to locate the posts.
Was that just for the mouth area or the whole box? Is it regular peppermint Burt's balm?

Markus,
Reactions: OF

OF

In this thread, some time back, I remember folks mentioning that Burt's Bees lip balm was good to use on the box. I tried the search and wasn't able to locate the posts.

You might try another search of this thread for "Burt's", I just got 25 'hits' on the general topic.

I suspect it's an OK substitute for emergency use, but it does contain a bunch of additives, some of which are working against us here (like softeners....we want hard). And IMO Bees wax is really too soft, to do a good job you need to renew it all the time in use. Rather I like Carnauba rich waxes (hardest wax made, they use it on roller rinks.....) like Johnson's Paste Wax, the stuff you'd use on the kitchen floor if you were of a mind to. Made from Palm trees (well one species....) and safe to eat (you do every time you enjoy M&Ms for instance). You can also wax other vapes to protect them........

OF

mole

Does anyone know of a micro bubbler that works with the Magic Flight? Like the size of one for a oil pen. I saw a video with a cheap 3 dollar one but that is no longer available. I'm looking for something tiny and portable.

mole,

howie105

Does anyone know of a micro bubbler that works with the Magic Flight? Like the size of one for a oil pen. I saw a video with a cheap 3 dollar one but that is no longer available. I'm looking for something tiny and portable.

Portable glass is a tough one, in many hands (mine) it just breaks too quickly and easily to be useful. You might go old school and just get a double holed black rubber lab stopper and silicone tubing that fits in a drink bottle. Hard to break and if kept clean is not nasty tasting. Good Luck

Vaporcussion

So I've sent an email both to warranty claim, and also to regular customer service two weeks ago, and have gotten no response. Any advice on how to get their attention? Is there a number I could call? Thanks

Vaporcussion,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So I've sent an email both to warranty claim, and also to regular customer service two weeks ago, and have gotten no response. Any advice on how to get their attention? Is there a number I could call? Thanks
Weird. Have you checked the spam folder? Sometimes their emails end up in there for some reason.

Vaporcussion

Have you gotten any further with this?

I'll say; what an amazing customer service experience that was....

Think about it. In 2009 I bought two launch boxes and shortly after two (early version) power adapters. Eventually it all broke down and I moved on to other vapes. Eight years later I contact them. They welcome me back with open arms, thank me for being an early customer, and a few pics later, send me the whole shebang!

Two brand new units and PA's. They also asked me to send their love to Stickstones and the whole FC crew.
So there you have it.

Always Choose on the Basis of Love!

vapeon

I gave my LB to my brother and he wants to order batteries. Havent been on in long time. For some reason i cant open vaporpedia. From memory it seems the maha powerex batteries peel easy. Am i correct ? Help anyone ?

vapeon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I gave my LB to my brother and he wants to order batteries. Havent been on in long time. For some reason i cant open vaporpedia. From memory it seems the maha powerex batteries peel easy. Am i correct ? Help anyone ?
Yes, last time I tried the Powerex peeled easily. However I think most gave up on those aftermarket batteries once MF introduced a better battery. I think I'd first recommend getting some directly from MF.
http://sales.magic-flight.com/gold-cell-battery-set/

:peace:

Top Bottom