1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. HerbalArs0nist

HerbalArs0nist Member

Good video!

Honestly, the magicflight launchbox is still my favorite on the go vape. I can hit it on the way from work to the subway without missing a beat. No stopping, no toying with a torch, and instant on. Hardest part is slowing down the draw while skating around.

I also own the dynavap Ti but it’s much harder to torch while moving from point A to B and even harder to do it nonchalantly.

justcametomind and howie105 like this.
  2. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I think the MFLB hit a sweet spot for itself time wise, niche market product. simple design and much less in the way of competition worked well for a smaller shop project. If it were introduced today I don't know how well it would do. However I too still use my MFLB as an on the go vape 85% of the time.

3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Gentle Friends,

A 'grinder' suggestion for your consideration?
    https://chewygrinder.com/

This is the updated version of the partially successful Chewy I. IMO well thought out improvements resulting in a solid, dependable unit. While slower than other grinders it's near perfect for the MFLB I think. It delivers right into the trench as you watch and enjoy.

First off, it's not a grinder, it has a set of rotary blades on a drum that shave pieces off a spring loaded pile of buds pressed against it like a cheese grater. The processed herb spills out of the inside of the drum straight into the trench. Right before your very eyes. It takes only a few seconds and you have excellent control over the delivery. It's easy to add a bit more. No spills, no touching the herb after the Chewy is loaded.

When you put the plug back in you can safely put it in your pocket for field use.

You're not going to get a fresher, more convenient 'use as you go' grind for our little friend. And it's fun to watch it doing it's part loading the pan for your enjoyment.

Here's the tread on the unit, many of 'the usual suspects' there singing it's praises (including mine a few minutes ago):
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/chewy-2-0-portable-electric-grinder.25460/

Here's the link to buy them:
    https://chewygrinder.com/collections/chewy-2

One last thought, don't scrimp on the battery. It uses the standard '9 Volt Transistor' battery (with the snap clips on the end) like smoke alarms do. However, this is a serious tool, doing a serious job, it needs LOTS of power on demand. Old or lame batteries should be avoided. You can get a couple thousand bowls from a top shelf Alkaline, not a good time to save a little money?

It might not be as fine a grind as some like, it's OK for me, but if that's the case it's reported by Vitolo that sending it through a second time fixes that real well. For myself, keeping the bud cured and not filling the mag all the way does just fine, thank you very much.

A little pricey perhaps, but IMO the little box deserves no less. IMO all serious MFLB owners should consider it for this use alone.

Regards and best wishes to all.

OF

4. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

OF you are falling victim of a strong case of VAAS, the vaporizer accessories acquisition syndrome.
    Repeat with me:
    -doesn’t grind fine,
    -it’s bigger than the actual MFLB,
    -it’s also expensive,
    -it doesn’t come with any wood on it.
    Seek help while you are still in time.

AtomicPB, ataxian and OF like this.
  5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

It's worse than you thought. Much. I also make accessories when I can't find them elsewhere? How sick is that?

What's more, I've a history of trying to infect others. Several years back I got into a project making longer plastic stems for MFLB. In my own private (well sorta....) 4/20 celebration a few years back I offered 'custom' stems to MFLB owners (max length about 8 inches IIRC, limited by the envelope). Folks PM'd me their choices and home addresses, I sent out 3 batches of stems. I ran out of material 3 times, it kinda got popular. IIRC I sent out something like 400 stems to about 150 Members that year.

I'm probably past redemption, save yourself.......

OF

vapirtoo, Jill NYC, horst and 4 others like this.
  6. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I was a grateful recipient to some celebration stems, I believe you sent me three.. again I thank you!

AtomicPB and OF like this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yer still very welcome, Bro. Huge 'return on investment' in that effort I think.

Thanks for the post.

OF

stark1 and AtomicPB like this.
  8. stark1

stark1 ~

I restrained. Couldn’t figure out why you were giving away stuff, fer free. :o

There were other bits you were giving away for free, @OF course! :nod: Over the years.

Happy Holidays! Long time we haven’t crossed, vapes!

AtomicPB and OF like this.
  9. AtomicPB

AtomicPB Well-Known Member

I have been using my Launch Box the last two days after a long time and I am realising again how great it is.

The ritual connected to it comes close to my old rolling habits. It has something relaxing ... a little shake after the toke, aligning the load in the trench, getting ready for the next toke ... all while watching something nice on TV or hearing some music.

I always liked the taste of the Launch Box and I still do ... the nice woody flavour. What took me by surprise was how hard it hits, I completly forgot about that. Just some tokes and I am fine, while the rest of the trench waits for me until I am in the mood for it.

The instant heating and the highly available and changeable (:)) batteries are qualities that even most recent vapes do not support and it is brought to reality in this little device in such a simple, effective and beautifully charming way.

Well, as one can guess I just used the little Box and am in awe. :D

10. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

That look's to be a well made grinder!

Mine provides a course grind. (flavor chaser most of the time)

I need a FINE GRINDER for certain vaporizer's.

Thank You @OF next year for sure.

GOOD INFORMATION!

Stoned Cold, His_Highness, OF and 3 others like this.
  11. AtomicPB

AtomicPB Well-Known Member

While the topic went to grinders ... does anyone own a NewVape Fine Grinder and can advice if the grind is comparable to the MFLB Fine Grinder?

I am eyeballing the NewVape although I am happy with my SCS Medium 3 Piece.

Nice hint with Chewie2. I have already seen it in its thread and since I got my MFLB out again it might be an interesting option as well.

Stoned Cold, ataxian and OF like this.
  12. stark1

stark1 ~

You guys. All this :buzz:buzz about the lil fella makes me want to dig up mine. :mflb:

:mmmm:I have been wanting to get hold of a Launch Tube, the precursor to the Box.

If someone here know where to buy one, PLMK. Cheers,

And a safe Holidays! :spliff::cheers:

Stoned Cold, OF and AtomicPB like this.
  13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Interesting video of the "Tube's" function:
    Click to play YouTube Video

14. stark1

stark1 ~

Thank you, @Vitolo! :tup:

A part of the history in the evolution of vaporizers. :spliff:

AtomicPB and Vitolo like this.
  15. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Reading your post and responding brought me back together with my box.
    I guess it slipped through the cracks with all of the vapes popping up, and having multiple tools....
    I have been using the MFLB exclusively since Lunchtime.
    It is always a blessing to come back to the box!
    the direct vapor path is super short.... and medicates in a whole unique way.
    Every delivery system has it's unique signature, and the MFLB always leaves me with that special "twinkle".

16. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Do you still have a million stems uncle Vito?

17. stark1

stark1 ~

Hear ye! Spoken by a pillar (stoner) of FC! :sherlock:

18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

And not just any old pillar, either. We're talkin' about "the sage of the High Desert" here, right?

Accept no substitutes, not that there really are any.

Lesser Forums don't have a Vitolo of their own.....need I say more?

OF

boon, AtomicPB, Stoned Cold and 4 others like this.
  19. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Thanks for the love all.
    I do not.
    The aftermath of thinking I would never be re-united with my tools left me sharing most remnants that were not taken.
    I prefer using the box naked, but I over time found that this brings the eventual "goo" up front sooner.
    I have one glass stem, and one acrylic stem.
    I prefer the original acrylic stem for many reasons.
    I do use the box Native at times too.
    I appreciate you too @OF :nod:

stark1, AtomicPB, Stoned Cold and 2 others like this.
  20. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I still use mah box. Works great as a maintenance hitter.

Vitolo, AtomicPB, stark1 and 5 others like this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Amen. We gotta stick together.

You lie, I'll swear to it? Same as before.......

OF

Vitolo and KidFated. like this.
  22. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member Glass Blower

Well i duh mine out and gotta say those first hits taste incredible. After that we all know it's down hill but those first 1 or two hits are delicious. I also got very overmedicated with totally surprised me as I'd been vaping all day and didn't expect the change in signature to hit me that hard. It's still the only battery powered portable I've cared for. If only you could clean the bastard thing a bit better. Oh well nothing to report just showing that the little box still sees love over here

AtomicPB, stark1, Stoned Cold and 4 others like this.
  23. Few Minute Programming

Few Minute Programming I make videos

I recently picked up a UFO and if I had to sum up the experience in a couple of words it’d be: Fun, Unique, and annoying. I’m planning to make a video review of it soon but for now here’s a video on its performance!

Also, I’m itching my hand because while I was positioning my camera I didn’t realize that ants were beginning to crawl on me. RIP.

Click to play YouTube Video

24. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

On Christmas Eve I was finished with all the morning chores and had a few hours before having to do the evening obligations and decided to sit down in back with the MFLB and some tea.

I was in no rush and had a few batteries so I decided to take my time.

What a wonderful time. The vape still works great and it really squeezes out the goodies of what is put inside. I didn't get huge clouds; just a pleasant passing of time.

I can fill an IQ and be done in less than 10. This took much longer. But, if I have the time, I'll go there again with the little box as the journey is so much better.

Vitolo, RUDE BOY, SpudBob and 7 others like this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Great story! But you left out an important detail: What tea?

Earl Gray is the call around here, sipping on a mug just now.

Thanks for the post, and Happy New Year to all.

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors