The Lotus Vaporizer

Vapodudule

Due to vapor density, the J-hook clogged very fast (few days) with a white smelly sticky resin.

Vapodudule,

natural farmer

Do you see any differences in taste between the aluminum pipe and the J hook? Does it cool as well as the aluminum?

natural farmer,

Vapodudule

yes i notice différence since metal tastes smthg. dunno about aluminium but i though Al was not food grade. though introduced massively in ours industrial products.

i prefer jhook at home to see the vapor forming. to cool down, jhook better than than stock pipe imo.

natural farmer

Just came home and tried the WA in my 250 Ehle with no water in and after about 3 years of non-stop search, I think the Lotus has become my one-to-rule-them-all vaporizer... :smug: I haven't been that lit for some time now!

The hit through the Ehle can last till the bowl is completely spent, in one draw! If you can handle it... :ko: Smoothest hits ever and ginormous! Vapor Lung ginormous! :ko:

The taste is the same IMO between the Ehle and the Aluminum pipe. Excellent in both cases! Similar or better to the Pod or the Solo. :D

The Solo, the Hot Pod, my golden standards so far, have just been replaced by my lovely maple Lotus... :love: They will have their moments but not my heart anymore.

I am cleaning my vaping table for good. Less is more as always... :tup: I 'll be back after the night break... :smug:

Last edited:

mlo4sho

I'm in too. I grabbed the water pipe kit. Thanks for the pictures and videos everyone. I did not realize this vaporizer could produce so well with glass :) This could really be useful for me if it produces as well as it looks. I can't wait !

togepi258

You guys have definitely convinced me on the Lotus. This appears to be the best portable vape available, beating many of the electronic ones. I'll probably wait until Lotus has another sale, to pull the trigger. The Jhook is looking pretty tempting.

Tickdickler

I'm in too. I grabbed the water pipe kit. Thanks for the pictures and videos everyone. I did not realize this vaporizer could produce so well with glass :) This could really be useful for me if it produces as well as it looks. I can't wait !

Don't worry it does. The technique may take a few days but you will get some nice clouds.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
If I come into some extra $ soon, I'm thinking of picking up a lotus top and maybe the glass adapter. I am thinking I may already have something here that might work as a chamber, but I can't be sure until I get the top part, or maybe one will pop up soon in the classifieds. Either way I wouldn't mind adding the lotus to my collection of flame vapes. So far all of mine, you inhale the butane along with your vapor, so this one has me curious to try, since you don't get a direct air path with the flame.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Hey @S1N3 I saw your gif in the cheap bubbler thread and noticed that you hit the Lotus while actively heating it, like a VG. I was under the impression that it was meant to be used like a Vapman, with a preheat only.

I'm curious if you've tried both ways and prefer active heating, and @Max Jitter I'm curious if there are any potential problems with using it this way?

nopartofme,

vapatizon

Hey @S1N3 I saw your gif in the cheap bubbler thread and noticed that you hit the Lotus while actively heating it, like a VG. I was under the impression that it was meant to be used like a Vapman, with a preheat only.

I'm curious if you've tried both ways and prefer active heating, and @Max Jitter I'm curious if there are any potential problems with using it this way?

I always hit it while heating it, as per the instructions:

http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/howto
  1. Adjust the lighter flame to a 1/2" (12mm) length. See the video at http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxJitter1?blend=3&ob=0
  2. Load the bowl loosely with ground material. Rap the stem against a surface to settle the material. Do not tamp it down.
  3. Put the vapor cap on the bowl.
  4. Hold the Lotus to your mouth with the vapor cap facing up. Hold the lit torch almost vertical with the flame tip touching the center of the hot plate.
  5. Count to four slowly and then start to inhale. Inhale slowly enough that if you were going to take a full breath it would take to the count of 10.
  6. Move the flame in a small circle at the center of the hot plate.
  7. Continue inhaling until your lungs are half full. (Clear the bowl of vapor by removing the torch for the last second.)
  8. Remove the Lotus from your mouth and fill your lungs with fresh air to prevent gagging.
  9. Note: The Lotus stops vaporizing as soon as you stop drawing on it.
[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

natural farmer

Hey guys! Got busted the other day and my crop is gone... :( Luckily I am free for the moment. Sadly, I am left to vape traces of herb that was not confiscated and traces of reclaimed oil... Well... It was fun while it lasted! Now it's time for a new plan. Moving to Canada is a possible scenario when finished with the court... :)
On the other hand, after almost a month with the Lotus, I have packed away the rest of the gang -Hot Pod and Solo- and my vaping table is what I always liked it to be. Almost empty! :D

iRdNwtf15BRt6.JPG

I am really glad the Lotus is drawing some attention!

@jambandphan03 girl, go for it when you get a chance and don't forget the WA! It's THAT good!!!

@nopartofme, I have been hitting the new Lotus either way. It works great in both cases! Playing with the flame size, distance and draw rate you can pretty much hit this thing anyway you want... Very user friendly.
Hitting my Solo seems cumbersome after the Lotus. The Lotus seems more efficient too as it kicks harder even with one hit...
I hope I can enjoy it with an abundance of herbs soon again... :)

natural farmer

Aw man Natural, that sux. So sorry to hear the man got you down. :disgust:
I appreciate the motivation anyway. Lotus looks solid, and I'm looking forward to trying it out. Glad it can bring you some comfort in such a tough time. Hang in there!!

Well, it was worth it... Best one and a half years of my life. And the growing experience might prove handy if I move to a MM country after all this... Really want to get in the growing business if I get the chance.... :)

natural farmer,

nopartofme

I have been hitting the new Lotus either way. It works great in both cases! Playing with the flame size, distance and draw rate you can pretty much hit this thing anyway you want... Very user friendly.
Hitting my Solo seems cumbersome after the Lotus. The Lotus seems more efficient too as it kicks harder even with one hit...
I hope I can enjoy it with an abundance of herbs soon again... :)
Versatility! I dig it.

How flexible is it in regards to load size?

Really sorry to hear about the bust, best wishes.

natural farmer

Versatility! I dig it.

How flexible is it in regards to load size?

Really sorry to hear about the bust, best wishes.

Thanks mate!

The load can be anything from 0,02g's to about 0,2g's. It works with anything cause you can compensate with flame size, draw and distance depending on the hit you are after. IMO this can be done with most convection vapes but with the Lotus it's easier as the temp regulation is instant. Again, nothing beats hand, eye, mouth co-ordination! A low temp hit can be instantly followed by a high temp hit or vice versa. Talk about flexibility! :brow: Which other vape can do that hit after hit? And you are never left without power! :p Recharging the Lotus means a 3 sec lighter filling... :lol:

Manual is the shit!!! :myday: If it's not for a Herbalizer, I don't think I am forking out money again for another vape in the near future and I will be 100% sure only if I try the Herbie and Lotus side by side... :2c: :smug:

EDIT: I was just watching your youtube review of the LL Cera... Had a good lough with the way you need to hold the Cera in order to keep the button pressed... :ko: I thought they would have figured out a way to keep it pressed by now but no? :lol:

Last edited:

nopartofme

Thanks mate!

The load can be anything from 0,02g's to about 0,2g's. It works with anything cause you can compensate with flame size, draw and distance depending on the hit you are after. IMO this can be done with most convection vapes but with the Lotus it's easier as the temp regulation is instant. Again, nothing beats hand, eye, mouth co-ordination! A low temp hit can be instantly followed by a high temp hit or vice versa. Talk about flexibility! :brow: Which other vape can do that hit after hit? And you are never left without power! :p Recharging the Lotus means a 3 sec lighter filling... :lol:

Manual is the shit!!! :myday: If it's not for a Herbalizer, I don't think I am forking out money again for another vape in the near future and I will be 100% sure only if I try the Herbie and Lotus side by side... :2c: :smug:
Fantastic.

I enjoy manual drive as well, both of the vapes I've owned (MFLB, Cera LL) fall into that category. I really enjoy the learning process and the great rewards that follow. Locking it down and becoming one with the vape feels Grand.

I've been looking at flame vapes for camping and have been torn between the Vapman and the Lotus. If money weren't an issue I'd love both I'm sure but the flexibility of this guy has me just about sold.

natural farmer

I enjoy manual drive as well, both of the vapes I've owned (MFLB, Cera LL) fall into that category. I really enjoy the learning process and the great rewards that follow. Locking it down and becoming one with the vape feels Grand.

I've been looking at flame vapes for camping and have been torn between the Vapman and the Lotus. If money weren't an issue I'd love both I'm sure but the flexibility of this guy has me just about sold.
I was thinking about the Vapman too but you get much cooler vapor with the Lotus thanks to the long pipe and I believe you have more control over the temps... :2c:

natural farmer,
Reactions: nopartofme

nopartofme

natural farmer said:
EDIT: I was just watching your youtube review of the LL Cera... Had a good lough with the way you need to hold the Cera in order to keep the button pressed... :ko: I thought they would have figured out a way to keep it pressed by now but no? :lol:
Ha! Would you believe it doesn't bother me at all? Maybe it's the big hands. I love that thing, it's a beast of many ways.

Thanks for watching.

Woops meant to edit this into my last post, thanks for posting in the meantime and saving me from doubling :p Sorry for OT

mist

Diggen my Lotus setup, thanks for the ideas on this beast.

XaWSJUW.gif

the honeycomb ash catcher was from here though you can get it for $28 maybe cheaper: http://www.ioffer.com/i/glass-ash-catcher-downstem-ashcatcher-bowl-a039-19-546335508

After seeing this I want one! I have never vaped before but I am looking forward to trying it out.
I've got a LSV on order with a wpa, but I was looking for a portable vape too.

There is a massdrop going for a lotus going at the moment so if you are thinking of getting one,
go and vote for it. I don't know if I can be patient enough, but I will try.

Top Bottom