The Lotus Vaporizer

AdventurousMoustache

Qhfgo6a.jpg

I tested out making my J -hook setup into a bubbler of sorts today and it's dope as hell! If you tilt it slightly you can completely avoid getting any water in your mouth.

Last edited:

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Last edited by a moderator:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for posting that S1N3! That helps me understand better where I should be heating. I was doing a larger circle and getting mixed results. Now I am focusing dead center and getting mad vapor every time! :D

And I should say, this thing rocks!! :rockon: It's been a long journey to get to this point of appreciation.

Here's the glass gong stem in action...

Last edited:

natural farmer

It's been a long journey to get to this point of appreciation.

This phrase says it all Jam girl! A long journey and a lot of cash... So happy to have finally settled on such a sweet little vape! My Solo and Hot Pod are all packed now in a little suitcase for spicing up the life now and then... :D

Welcome to the club!!! :cheers:

EDIT:

Decided to replace the Lotus heatplate today. But here is a cool shot of how it looks when you remove the outer plate and heatplate.

For more images and the finished product I posted them here. Thanks again @Max Jitter for letting me know about the kit, for anyone interested it was $15 USD.

Amazing review mate! Kudos!!!

Last edited:

tiukauleh

Thanks!

The Lotus a beautiful vaporizer, I hope my photos do it justice.
Is there anything you would have added to the review? Pros/Cons?

imho, the 4 second pre-heat requirement sounded more like a 'law' than an estimated guide. other than that, fantastic review and pics :clap:

Though the Lotus is a piece of elegant modern tech, it's got this lovely "old-school" feeling about it. maybe it's the torch lighter, maybe the wood, maybe the pipe-pish design of the stem.
@mlo4sho called the Lotus 'the real deal', right on!
Qhfgo6a.jpg

I tested out making my J -hook setup into a bubbler of sorts today and it's dope as hell! If you tilt it slightly you can completely avoid getting any water in your mouth.

haha, great stuff! never thought of this meself. now i can do double filtration with the 2nd bubbler with some water in my mouth. it may sound gross but it's actually kinda cool if you're using the lotus by yourself. some water, or maybe a bit of ice, wow, the Lotus rocks.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations AdventurousMoustache,

...dope as hell!

Sincerely, i believe this evocative picture should lead to more creativity when the time is right. Try adding a tiny fraction only of room-temperature water vapor to your cannabic stream:

Le Chaînon-Manquant...
(Creatively Edited Picture)

If water-washing felt like dope as hell before then i suppose you can expect to meet Elvis on your way. Well, lets pick mother Theresa instead, to make sure...

:peace:

natural farmer

Thanks!

You pretty much covered everything @King!

I'd only add that it's better not to carry your Lotus in the pouch with the rest of the accessories cause it's very easy to dent the hot plate and scratch the pipe. Better keep the Lotus on a different pouch. I use a Ryot case and no more dents for me. The cheap nylon pouch is not the safest case for my precious!

Great review site! :cheers:

EDIT: Guys? Anyone knows what is the exact size of the Lotus screens? I am trying to find some that are not so fragile... I am using some oversized ones right now that I have to dome and press them to fit but are not so nice as the smaller ones. Maybe some titanium ones for longevity... Is there a size that fits from here?

Last edited:
natural farmer,
Reactions: King

King

Accessory Maker
EDIT: Guys? Anyone knows what is the exact size of the Lotus screens? I am trying to find some that are not so fragile... I am using some oversized ones right now that I have to dome and press them to fit but are not so nice as the smaller ones. Maybe some titanium ones for longevity... Is there a size that fits from here?

I just measured the opening (didn't have time to measure the screen) and its 12.5mm diameter at the top. I think a 1/2" screen would be a tight fit but should work. When I have some time I can measure the screen.

You should check this post out by @Max Jitter, it might help you out.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The bowl is slightly larger than 1/2", enough that a 1/2" screen will be loose in it. We are still giving away free screens in pairs if you send a stamped, self addressed envelope to us.
Mendocino Therapeutics LLC
PO Box 2799
Ukiah, CA 95482

natural farmer

12,5mm is loose yes. I have tried such screens. 0,5'' is 12,7mm and is still loose I guess... Should I look for 0,625'' or 5/8''? @Max Jitter I live in Greece so sending a stamped envelope to the USA might be more pricey than ordering a big number of them from somewhere else... :\

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Sith I care
5/8" should dome in there nicely (I cut mine down from 3/4" but it's about 5/8 now). You get a more even vape that way, too, since there's no "dead ring" over the outer ledge that supports the screen.

I'd say, rule of thumb; A screen is in the right size range if, once fully inserted in place, it domes inside the bowl such that the dome's final height is less than half the bowls's diameter, but is too wide to be installed without doming.

Mine is trimmed to dome to about a quarter the diameter of the bowl, which seems the sweet spot in my testing. I use a finer mesh, too, which cuts down on the the AVB particles the stock mesh grade passes a bit too easily. Less of an issue using it with water (though it'll make you clean your piece more), but the dust isn't ideal through a dry stem.

Last edited:

natural farmer

5/8" should dome in there nicely (I cut mine down from 3/4" but it's about 5/8 now). You get a more even vape that way, too, since there's no "dead ring" over the outer ledge that supports the screen.

I'd say, rule of thumb; A screen is in the right size range if, once fully inserted in place, it domes inside the bowl such that the dome's final height is less than half the bowls's diameter, but is too wide to be installed without doming.

Mine is trimmed to dome to about a quarter the diameter of the bowl, which seems the sweet spot in my testing. I use a finer mesh, too, which cuts down on the the AVB particles the stock mesh grade passes a bit too easily. Less of an issue using it with water (though it'll make you clean your piece more), but the dust isn't ideal through a dry stem.

OK! Thanks a lot mate... :tup: I was lucky enough to find a screen that domes just like you say this morning, among the rest of the ones I have gathered around since I started vaping... It is a tighter weave and stronger too and vapes great. It will hopefully last until I get myself a couple of titanium ones!

And a couple of thoughts on the Lotus...

a) I love it more and more every day! :love:
b) There must have been a lot of thought behind the Lotus pipe too, I find it very elegant and ergonomic and the quality is just amazing... It cools the vapor very efficiently. It makes cleaning a breeze and I can't seem to be able to let it go from my hands... It has become a fetish. :whip:
c) Only vape I treated as fetish was the MFLB... And the Lotus will easily outlast it. If the Lotus had proper marketing behind it the Box could eat it's dust in the market! As well as every other portable for the time being!!! :nod:
d) I imagine the list of pros compared to the box... The Lotus would kick it's ass in every aspect but the stealth. But then, a visit to a WC and a couple of mins later you are all set... Who needs stealth?!?! :p

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Thanks!

Nice review dude. It mirrors my sentiments exactly(pre-purchase). But I will probably go ahead and order one in the next couple weeks as I have been converted by this thread. :)

Not that it is a bad price anyway, but any FC discounts shipping maybe?

deadheadbill,
Reactions: Seren

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Well firstly let me start by saying...I am so high right now. I have had a fair few bowls with the Lotus today, all in the name of testing.

First impressions when I opened the package was that it's a quality piece of craftsmanship. Love the weight of the stem and the vapor cap is cool with the little stir tool. The WPA with the two o-rings is excellent too...nice touch with the rings, helps grip and prevents that nasty sound of glass grinding when inserting and removing from the joint.

All of my load sizes have been measured using the scoop, which is about 0.02-0.04g.

I tried with the stem first for a couple of bowls...managed to near on scorch the herb first go round, and the bowl only lasted about three hitsm with ABV that was near black...not quite, but very near. Second go round was much better, taste was great and managed five hits, and the ABV at the end was a nice dark brown...a bit uneven in places, but well toasted...as was I!

Next I moved onto the WPA, this is where the Lotus really blew me away :o

It looks and functions awesome with my Colie black bubbler...

r05zdZYl.jpg

But it functions better with my JhanPixel bubbler, I can get some lung busting hits!

My only gripe is the sleek torch lighter :rolleyes:
As you can see in my vid, the thing keeps going out and not re-igniting...however I have never had a mini torch that hasn't done this to be fair...

In fact MT have produced an amazing flame vape that gives massive tasty hits, very efficient with the aid of the scoop for measurement, and most importantly of all, it gets me super ripped :freak: I love it :rockon:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
My only gripe is the sleek torch lighter :rolleyes:
As you can see in my vid, the thing keeps going out and not re-igniting...however I have never had a mini torch that hasn't done this to be fair...

You may have the flame on the torch adjusted too high. Try dialing it back so the flame is 1/4" shorter. The torch won't blow itself out and you'll have more control over scorching your herb.

natural farmer

Thanks @Max Jitter will give that a go...I must say I am loving this vape...

Super high. Super quick.

There is something about the Lotus... I don't remember getting so high with such a small load with previous vapes... It does hit harder! I usually went for second or third sessions but not necessarily with the Lotus. One session is all it takes usually! :smug:

Welcome to the club bro! :cheers: That Colie pic looks amazing!!!

PS. : I also like the standard lighter much more than the sleek one. Can hold a smaller flame and the tank is much bigger thus giving longer refill times. Honestly, this Honest rocks! :tup: I am using a Ronson butane, not triple filtered, but no probs so far... :D I was too afraid it wouldn't last a week unclogged but it has proven to work flawlessly.:nod:

natural farmer,
Reactions: GSH

vapatizon

There is something about the Lotus... I don't
PS. : I also like the standard lighter much more than the sleek one. Can hold a smaller flame and the tank is much bigger thus giving longer refill times. Honestly, this Honest rocks! :tup: I am using a Ronson butane, not triple filtered, but no probs so far... :D I was too afraid it wouldn't last a week unclogged but it has proven to work flawlessly.:nod:

I have the standard lighter too, and I've had zero problems with Vector butane. I also discovered that, contrary to the directions on the Vector can, it doesn't seem necessary to turn down the flame length all the way before refilling. The process takes all of 5 seconds. Much better than waiting for batteries to charge!

natural farmer

I have the standard lighter too, and I've had zero problems with Vector butane. I also discovered that, contrary to the directions on the Vector can, it doesn't seem necessary to turn down the flame length all the way before refilling. The process takes all of 5 seconds. Much better than waiting for batteries to charge!

It just needs a little bleeding before refilling so you can get a bit more gas in there! Turning it down didn't seem necessary to me too... :tup:

It feels nice to be electricity independent, yeap!!! :D

Just finished a session with my Solo for old times sake... It got the job done of course, with double the load size though, in order to get satisfying hits, my teeth hurt more and throat felt more irritated... :\

The ritual left me uninterested too. Holding the Lotus makes me feel like Sherlock Holmes. Holding the Solo now feels weird... :lol:

natural farmer,
Reactions: GSH
Top Bottom