The Lotus Vaporizer

natural farmer

Yea but it looks like it's wood(or plastic?). I would think the glass tastes better? And I use my solo out and about right now with a glass stem, so in reality it would just be a little bit bigger glass stem lol

It's anodized aluminum yes and it tastes the same as glass in my experience! Very smooth and it cools down the vapor more effectively than long silicone stems.
The differences are listed a couple of pages back and in the Lotus homepage. Tried both, the new one is at a whole new level all around! Go for it!

natural farmer,
Reactions: Seren

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Max, the new vapor cap has a bigger 'opening' than the original which means more chance of herb getting inside the cap. can i just bend one of those cotton bud things and clean the inside? what are your recommendations for cleaning the inside of the vapor cap*?
I think a cotton swab would work well for the vapor cap. If you look at the underside of the vapor cap you can see a small gap between the metal plate and the wood, which extends back about 1/8". You want to make sure you don't force or wedge anything in there. The gap is important for not overheating the wood but it can also collect debris, which is why I wouldn't take a used Lotus on a plane trip.

sherb

I've really fallen in love with the idea of the Lotus. I have an LB so am not really looking for a portable vape, rather I want something to attach to my Mobius Ion Matrix bubbler. It's 18mm though.. how have you guys been successful adapting the 14 mm joint it comes with for use with an 18mm joint?

natural farmer

I've really fallen in love with the idea of the Lotus. I have an LB so am not really looking for a portable vape, rather I want something to attach to my Mobius Ion Matrix bubbler. It's 18mm though.. how have you guys been successful adapting the 14 mm joint it comes with for use with an 18mm joint?
I would suggest asking for a Lotus without an attached stirring stick. With my reducer it just won't go in all the way... No biggie living without the stick IMO.

natural farmer,

natural farmer

The Lotus amazes me more and more every day!!!
I still haven't been at home to use it through water but dry hitting feels so great that I don't mind few more days of waiting...
The anodized pipe does a great job in cooling the vapor.
I prefer to use a stronger than suggested flame and keep it further after the first 2 sec heat up, just touching the plate with the secondary blue flame... I get better control this way and faster initial vapor production.
I have used it in public a LOT! If you get your style right it looks like smoking a normal tobacco pipe (of the modern stylish variety!!! :D). If stealth is a bigger concern go in that toilet or behind a rock and in a couple of minutes you already have your head spinning thanks to the ginormous hits this beast is capable of!!!
Did I mention the hits can be HUGE? The taste is amazing too!!! Ahhh... :luv:
It puzzles me greatly that people still might pick a VG or Vapman over this...

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapodudule

I agree with very big hits, probably too many for our capacity of our lunges to absorb but man.
Id say pretty close to combusting expercience in term of density.

Hitting it through J Hook (from PV) is the supreme shit. Flavor have rarely been so intense.

Now i understand the all glass dry hits. Pow Pow.

natural farmer

Yeap!!! Closest think to a smoking experience but with one of the best vapor tastes! Can't get better and the experience is sooo intimate... Thick thick hits every time till the herbs are completely depleted! But also able to give small smooth low temp hits and go forever.
When finished, just toss it on the side and even if you forget to charge it will be ready to go next day! Lighter based vapes should be more... Very few options. So lucky to have the lotus at least!

Can't wait till I get myself a glass sherlock too!!! :luv:

tiukauleh

the flame 'size' seems to makes a difference to the vapor production. i think i just about got my 'sweet spot' flame size, but still trying ,yet to find my consistent sweet spot for the flame size.

@natural farmer
are you using the new lotus model? if so, how full can you load the bowl?

Last edited:
tiukauleh,

natural farmer

Yeap, flame "size" does play a major role as it is the heat source. Bigger flame=more heat=faster vaporization.
With the Lotus you got 3 ways of controlling temperature of vaporization. Flame size, flame distance from the hot plate and finally your draw.
I am finding I don't have a sweet spot myself. By altering all three parameters during the hit depending on the feedback I get from tongue-throat, I manage to get the hits I am after.
You get to get connected to your Lotus more like that. It becomes part of you, you have full control, not just sucking at a mouthpiece... I love my Solo but the level of intimacy I get with this full manual convection beast is making it hard not to grab it first. The Solo better serves my noob vapor friends... Just suck mate... :D

@tiukauleh my friend... Yes, I have the new Lotus now. I like half filling it loosely with coarse grind herbs cause I find it gives better taste, faster vapor production and while stirring it you make less of a mess in the bowl and you get less specs falling out. You sure can fill the bowl and pack it tighter but you will need to pay more attention to the applied heat. Less airflow makes it easier to char the top of the load as is the case with most convection vaporizers.

I just can't get enough of my Lotus. Its utter simplicity just goes hand in hand with my philosophy of life. If I can find a way to power it with the sun or a hot coal from the fire... Perfection!!!

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapodudule

Oh damn i have been enchanted with it too and with J-hook. I recently welcomed sub/ufo and HA 2.2 and this tiny wood cap beats the deal everyday and attracts me strong. The j-hook is smelling like peperred heaven after.

Two more water kits are coming my way now.

I did not enjoyed the heavy metal stock pipe, taste meh for me. i did test it on the beach but wind was tough and the distance between load and cap was bigger (requiring bigger flame) since i have former Water Adapter (shorter bowl than pipe) but new pipe and new cap, very few results.

Vapodudule,
I just can't justify a $140 purchase for a flame based unit? That is just ridiculous! I guess I won't be getting one then

VapeNStone,

Vapodudule

cheaper set is WPA+vapor cap wich is 84$ and 91$ with 1 lighter (Water kit).

You won't regret that money.

Vapodudule,
see now $84 is more reasonable. I take it that with that price you don't get the pipe part? Which I probably wouldn't use anyways as I was planning on using my j-hook

EDIT: just checked and there is no $84 option without the lighter? Just the $91 one with it? Is there an FC discount? Is the Lotus store the only place to buy one of these?

VapeNStone,

vapatizon

see now $84 is more reasonable. I take it that with that price you don't get the pipe part? Which I probably wouldn't use anyways as I was planning on using my j-hook

EDIT: just checked and there is no $84 option without the lighter? Just the $91 one with it? Is there an FC discount? Is the Lotus store the only place to buy one of these?

You can buy the WPA and vapor cap by themselves for $85 without the lighter. You just have to look outside the Kits section.

natural farmer

This is just the vapor cap for 65$ and this is the water adapter for 20$. The new model has two o-rings for better GonG connectivity! :tup:

The lighters can be found at dx.com for only 2$... ;)

I can fully justify the full kit price now that I hold it in my hands... The built quality is unsurpassed IMHO, it feels like a tank and it sure seems it can be a lifelong partner!!!
I am not sure I can say that with most portable vaporizers. It's the first time in three years and not so few vaporizers after that I feel so confident about my vaporization tool...

I just can't justify a $140 purchase for a flame based unit? That is just ridiculous! I guess I won't be getting one then

And why should a log cost more than this gem? ;)

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thank you, everyone, for your inspiration. You showed us how to do it, you requested it from us.
Here it is, our newest model.
glasspipe.jpg

J hook by Zion Precision Glass. Vapor cap and WPA by Mendocino Therapeutics.
And a MSRP of $111.

vapatizon

Question for anyone who has experience with the WPA: since there are no magnets, how much friction holds the vapor cap on? Will it fall off immediately if I hold it upside down? Have you ever had it pop off unintentionally with a J-hook?

vapatizon,

BlueCloud

It will fall off if turned upside down. At first I missed the magnets, but I'm stating to like it without.

BlueCloud,

tiukauleh

quote:
"I can fully justify the full kit price now that I hold it in my hands... The built quality is unsurpassed IMHO, it feels like a tank and it sure seems it can be a lifelong partner!!!"

i cannot agree more. some people would spend that amount in a bar in one night. the Lotus stands for quality, reliability, durability. treat it right, and it may just last forever.

This is just the vapor cap for 65$ and this is the water adapter for 20$. The new model has two o-rings for better GonG connectivity! :tup:

The lighters can be found at dx.com for only 2$... ;)

I can fully justify the full kit price now that I hold it in my hands... The built quality is unsurpassed IMHO, it feels like a tank and it sure seems it can be a lifelong partner!!!
I am not sure I can say that with most portable vaporizers. It's the first time in three years and not so few vaporizers after that I feel so confident about my vaporization tool...

And why should a log cost more than this gem? ;)
So when I buy just the vapor cap am I getting the newest model that has both the o-rings?
Now that's what I'm talking about. But can't I piece together the same kit on your website for $105? Also is there going to be any FC discount? Free Shipping? Etc...?

VapeNStone,

BlueCloud

So when I buy just the vapor cap am I getting the newest model that has both the o-rings?
Now that's what I'm talking about. But can't I piece together the same kit on your website for $105? Also is there going to be any FC discount? Free Shipping? Etc...?

The water adapter is the part with the o-rings, not the vapor cap. It looks like the kit includes the lighter that they normally sell for $10.

Top Bottom