The Lotus Vaporizer

natural farmer

I'm pretty sure "Honest" is a brand used by the factory that actually makes a lot of the Vector stuff. The little Honest 60-degree-bent lighter is basically a Vector Volt, but for like $3-4. I can't tell it apart from a real Volt except for the label printed on it (and the fewer colour options), which leads me to think this might be the actual Chinese contract manufacturer for Vector, and not a knock-off.

Anyway, amazingly cheap for a solid, metal lighter with integrated safety cover (none of that "cap on a chain" shit that you see on most cheap angled jet lighters); pressing the button opens the safety cover and lights the lighter in one motion, then spring-loading closes it when you release the button. Perfect match for the Lotus, I think.

A couple half-assed eBay searches for the curious:

Example Honest lighter.
Example Vector Volt

(if you want to buy, there are even cheaper links if you look)

I got the cheaper ones actually with the stupid chain cap but they still rock hard. Lotus has them expensive though... I got 5 from dx.com for 2.50$ each and free shipping! Can't beat that...

Lotus on the other hand is ready for holidays by the beach...

ibcrhxB3L1Od5H.JPG

Anonymouse

Sith I care
So my replacement current-model Lotus just arrived, and there's some scratches and a couple of dents in the heat plate in the vapour cap. The scratches don't photograph that well (angle-dependant), but you can see some in the image if you look in the upper left, and the two dents are pretty obvious. The dents may have happened during shipping (there's limited padding in that Lotus bag) but the scratches, at least, had to be there before it was assembled, as they're only present on the heat plate; the uppermost metal plate is spotless, even though the scratches run underneath it.

Camera_ZOOM_20130902121759681.jpg

How hard is it to replace just this part? Just a matter of removing the three allen screws and swapping in an undented plate? If this is an option I can start using it now and just replace the plate when Vaporstore send me a new one, instead of going through all the crap sending back my Lotus (from overseas), waiting 'til it gets back home, waiting for them to process the RMA, then waiting 'til the replacement reships here, AGAIN. :/

Last edited:

BlueCloud

Does the inside of the cap have wood expossed now, it looks like it from the picture above? I know the old version did not.

BlueCloud,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Camera_ZOOM_20130902121759681.jpg

How hard is it to replace just this part? Just a matter of removing the three allen screws and swapping in an undented plate? If this is an option I can start using it now and just replace the plate when Vaporstore send me a new one, instead of going through all the crap sending back my Lotus (from overseas), waiting 'til it gets back home, waiting for them to process the RMA, then waiting 'til the replacement reships here, AGAIN. :/
It is easy to replace the plate. Yes and yes to your other questions. We are sending your replacement kit to Vaporstore today (includes the needed .050" hex wrench).
'From Blue Cloud': Does the inside of the cap have wood expossed now, it looks like it from the picture above? I know the old version did not.
It does have exposed wood, but the wood is covered by the bowl in use.

BlueCloud

So does the bowl extend up farther than the old one? I know there is 1/8 in. or so that is not covered that gets dirty. Just wondering if it's just as easy to clean.

BTW - This thing is hard to beat, especially with a J-hook. I always find myself coming back to it over other portables. Sounds like the new version is even better.

BlueCloud,
Reactions: Seren

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
So does the bowl extend up farther than the old one? I know there is 1/8 in. or so that is not covered that gets dirty. Just wondering if it's just as easy to clean.

BTW - This thing is hard to beat, especially with a J-hook. I always find myself coming back to it over other portables. Sounds like the new version is even better.
There is still a small gap in the new model that has to be cleaned.
Regarding the J-hook: The photos that people have been posting on this thread look really nice and have convinced us to offer a J-hook as an option. The issue is that the glass on some of them seem thin and breakable. Are some brands made with heavier glass than others?

BlueCloud

There is still a small gap in the new model that has to be cleaned.
Regarding the J-hook: The photos that people have been posting on this thread look really nice and have convinced us to offer a J-hook as an option. The issue is that the glass on some of them seem thin and breakable. Are some brands made with heavier glass than others?

I worry about breakage too. It looks like the new WP adapter now has O-Rings? I'm guessing that would help with breakage issues too? The J-Hook I have is made by GRAV Labs, it seems to be a quality piece.

Edit: I like having the cap with a full metal sleeve, will that not work with the new design?

Last edited:
BlueCloud,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Hey Max I would suggest contacting a glass blower, I know the Collie guy blows up every thread that mentions cheap glass with his ability to do custom orders. Would be great if FC could link you two up.
The j-hook I got was from ioffer and pretty thin. Still the rubber O-rings prevent any damage and I havent seen any chipping:
DSC_0948.jpg

Anyone considering using the WPA with the new Lotus should look at this image carefully to see the clearance with the poking tool. This was a issue for me and using my hydrator (from Vapor Bros)

I ended up having to buy an angled adapter for my glass. I bought it from this vendor on Artfire

DSC_1171.jpg

We got some other good macro shots on our full
review done by King.
We dont use affiliate links, and all reviews are opinion and not endorsed.

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I worry about breakage too. It looks like the new WP adapter now has O-Rings? I'm guessing that would help with breakage issues too? The J-Hook I have is made by GRAV Labs, it seems to be a quality piece.

Edit: I like having the cap with a full metal sleeve, will that not work with the new design?
I am pretty sure that the ground end is a standard size. I don't worry at all about that end breaking (or interfering with the stir stick. It's the far end of the J-hook that I am concerned about.

David and Michael,
Reactions: S1N3

BlueCloud

I am pretty sure that the ground end is a standard size. I don't worry at all about that end breaking (or interfering with the stir stick. It's the far end of the J-hook that I am concerned about.

I'm a little worried about the metel expanding and breaking the glass. Is that why you added the o-rings to the new version? The rest of my J-hook seem preety thick and feels solid.

BlueCloud,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I'm a little worried about the metel expanding and breaking the glass. Is that why you added the o-rings to the new version? The rest of my J-hook seem preety thick and feels solid.
We've never had an issue with plain (w/o O-rings) WPAs expanding and breaking the joint. It's pretty heavy and can absorb a lot of heat before its temperature rises and it expands. The silicone O-rings are really there because the WPA was a little too small without them.

David and Michael,
Reactions: BlueCloud

natural farmer

I have problems too putting the WA in my 18/14 reducer and into my bubbler. The reducer is wider than the stir stick and I need to grind the reducer? Is it doable?

natural farmer,

Unisonruss

Got my glass sherlock from lotus glass, and it's amazing. It's better than the J hook, for me at least. It gives the perfect lotus cap placement; heating the plate is even easier. In the past, I had a hard time seeing if I was heating the cap perfect (stock stem and J hook)...the Sherlock changes the angle and distance, making it easier. And since the glass has a wider passage vs. the j hook, you can see the vapor much easier. With the j hook I could barely see the vapor (and it got dirty fast because of the narrow passage, too), but with this, I see milk quickly, which makes it easier for me to gauge my hits. They must be half the length, and my clouds are bigger. Go figure...I guess I need to see what I'm doing, ha!

My only complaint is that it doesn't stand up..In the picture it looked like it had a flat bottom for setting down upright on a table. Mine is a rounded bottom. Very small complaint, as this thing is amazing.

I had a tendency to take too big a rip, going through my herb too quick and charring it. With this, since I can see the vapor build quickly, I can now take a perfect rip, every single time. Soooo amazing....I sold my Volcano :o

Lotus Glass Sherlock link, in case anyone wants one: http://lotusglass.com/GonGsherlhandle.html

Last edited:

tiukauleh

I gotta let you know, i've got 2 jhooks and both perform differently

this one

doesn't seem to be as vapor-producing as the planet vape jhook http://www.planetvape.ca/glass-black-leaf-j-tube.html
jtube_14mm.png

the top one is more of a sipper, the black leaf (surprisingly well made) has more free airflow and works delightfully with the Lotus.

Max, the new vapor cap has a bigger 'opening' than the original which means more chance of herb getting inside the cap. can i just bend one of those cotton bud things and clean the inside? what are your recommendations for cleaning the inside of the vapor cap*?

* note that i feel if the Lotus is properly used, minimal cleaning of this sort will be required. my concern is (possible) blowback when using the WPA with a bong may cause some herb to get stuck inside the vapor cap.

Last edited:

natural farmer

I try to inhale slower and I have very few bits going up the vapor cap.

The Lotus has renewed my love for the herb and the vaporization of it!
I feel confident it will be my 24/7 driver for a long long time!!!
I feel so great holding it and heating it gently, no other vape has given me this feel.
It gives me the best buzzes I've ever had!
I need to get another vapor cap just to be on the safe side!
I wish torch lighters didn't make such a loud click though... Only drawback I have found. Maybe I find the right one one day. Until then the cheap Honests are simply amazing!

The Lotus brings out the best of my all-natural sun-fed home-grown herbs!
Thanx for the great ongoing experience Max!

Vapodudule

i agree with natural farmer, lotus is such vape you want some back up.

cloud quality and flavors are pretty strong given the simplicity. there is def a learning curve on how gently torch it.

So how quick does this thing cool down? I take it its like the vaporgenie in that you can take a big quick rip and then stop, but without the butane taste? I want to look into all my options before I spend the big bucks on the MiniVap.

BlueCloud

So how quick does this thing cool down? I take it its like the vaporgenie in that you can take a big quick rip and then stop, but without the butane taste? I want to look into all my options before I spend the big bucks on the MiniVap.

Yes, It's cools real quick. There is no butane taste at all, I still cant get over how good it taste with a J-hook.

sounds like it would be a good Disc golf vape, but I need to find a thick as hell j-hook as I'll be out and about and don't really have anywhere "safe" to put it. Well it will be in my disc golf bag but that will be in a pocket and constantly put down and up. Think if I wrap the j-hook in a sock or something it should be fine?

Ok, keep your knickers on VapeNStone :chill: ;)

I would tend to disagree with you on this point, as the vapour genie doesn't have a clean air pathway as the Lotus does, so you should expect to pay out a little more for the lotus :)

Here's a link to their store:

http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/

The pipe on its own is retailing for $104. Or you can buy kits for $119 or $137 - the difference being the $137 kit also includes a water pipe adapter.

You can of course buy direct, or conduct a Google search to find alternative outlets if you'd prefer.

Hope that answers your questions ...... :) :peace:
Thank you!!! Now what is the difference of the Version 1 and Version 2?

VapeNStone,
Yea but it looks like it's wood(or plastic?). I would think the glass tastes better? And I use my solo out and about right now with a glass stem, so in reality it would just be a little bit bigger glass stem lol

BlueCloud

Yea but it looks like it's wood(or plastic?). I would think the glass tastes better? And I use my solo out and about right now with a glass stem, so in reality it would just be a little bit bigger glass stem lol

I believe it's anodize aluminium. It also has magnets that help keep the cap on. As far as the new cap, it has a larger bowl and has less of a learning curve. I have the old one, but will probably pick up a new one if a sale comes back around.

BlueCloud,
Reactions: Roger D
I believe it's anodize aluminium. It also has magnets that help keep the cap on. As far as the new cap, it has a larger bowl and has less of a learning curve. I have the old one, but will probably pick up a new one if a sale comes back around.
awesome!! I'm looking on Vaporstore right now and I believe they only offer a 10% discount? Someone just the page before said that it was 15%? Is there a different coupon code I need to enter in order to get the 15%?

VapeNStone,

BlueCloud

awesome!! I'm looking on Vaporstore right now and I believe they only offer a 10% discount? Someone just the page before said that it was 15%? Is there a different coupon code I need to enter in order to get the 15%?

You can try this code fuckcombustion. Make sure you tell them you want the new style cap, if that is the one you want.

Top Bottom