1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Max Jitter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Vapodudule

Vapodudule Well-Known Member

Typical crack for this piece of wood, nothing is permanent bro! gor for a cap 3.0 and WPA 3.0 from original site gosh!
  2. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Dang it Abysmal... I think you got a bad cap no? Maybe the wood wasn't entirely dry to start with.

Hope you get a new one soon.

Vapodudule, you think it is normal for such a big crack? I don't. Although i'm no wood expert. ;)
  3. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

That couldn't be a very old model, it has a stir stick. Did V1 have that? Sux that it split, hope something can be worked out for you.

*also couldn't help notice the different inner ring where the bowl connects looks different than my model. Mine has an outer lip that covers the wood, yours looks fully inserted, with no lip. Not sure what my point is other than noticing the difference, and hoping you were sold a genuine lotus.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  4. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Lotus made with some exotic woods. I would buy $$ for sure. I think one of the very best parts about the Lotus is that it is made of wood. Wood is one of the finest materials you could use for something like the Lotus. In fact I can't think of a more suited material imo. Of course many of us know this because the Lotus is so damn fantastic.

Woods like:
    Burls, Zebra Wood, Walnut, Cherry, Bocote, Lignum Vitae, Olive...

Just dreamin' because choices are great — look what Apple does with colored devices (wood is even better than color) — invigorate your product line with exotic woods!
  5. samirfuzzywuzzy

samirfuzzywuzzy Well-Known Member

You have to pry the metal ring out with a dowel and a utility razor. You must be very careful....I did not care if I had to replace my vapor cap since I consider it "cheap".

It is awesome with the Pvhe turbo gong. It also has a much finer screen now. The o-ring makes the seal, with out it you do not get much of any thing at all. I like my mod a lot since I only use my lotus on glass pieces and the gong is a lot better then the stock metal WPA.

[​IMG]
  6. BlueCloud

BlueCloud Active Member

Looks like a later V1 model. The stick came as an option and the inner ring extended farther up the cap. The bottom plate also had a hole in the center.
  7. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

That should be a warranty issue. You paid 120 bucks for a piece of wood and a couple pieces of metal. I'm sure they will take care of you, if not that's bad juju. MFLB cost about the same and they would get you a new box out right away.

No way he should have to do that. It is a defect in the wood and should be covered.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  8. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

Why don't you give ol' @Max Jitter a call about that? ;) I don't see why it can't be covered by the warranty…

I don't see how the glass GonG stem is better than the SS one but kudos for the mod… Never know when someone might need to so such a mod.
    deadheadbill likes this.
  9. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

:D.. Always wondered how warranty works for vapes , who covers it , the retailer or the manufacturer , or both ? Honestly i am pissed off with the crappy service of Verdampftnochmal.de and the slow communication process so i rather deal with Max.. if it is possible.. if not i will probably send a negative bomb.. and mention them as not being correct anytime i remember my experience with them..
    Was a sunny day here in Bulgaria.. :)
    Cheers from me and my faithful UD !
  10. Max Jitter

Max Jitter Manufacturer Manufacturer

@ Abysmal Vapor: If you bought this within the last 3 years it is covered under the warranty. Send me a message thru our website and we'll discuss the details.
  11. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Well-Known Member

Wow.. My initial impression was, cool, nice tool, a little painful on my lungs but great, ill get used to it...

After a day of practice... Dude. I have not used my Evo in 3 days, not smoked, no joints, no dabs nothing. This is just too handy. Sitting right at my desk ready to rock any instant. Cray Zay. I know I'm still in the glowing period, we will see what is used the most in time.

Can't wait for my custom Colie j-hook...
    Seren, filteredhead, NeeChee and 8 others like this.
  12. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I feel like this much of the time, the only trump I've found is when I just don't want to have to pay so close attention to heat/flame ect... so thats when my other devices take over and get back into rotation. Otherwise, I am often grabbing for the Lotus.
  13. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Thanks Max ! More like 3 months ago, far less than 3 years for sure. I will shoot you an e-mail once i get off work !
    Btw i have two friends owning latest lotuses as their first vape and they are more than happy, i rarely hear from them, they seem to be stoned 24/7 :) ! One of them is bringing it around our mountains and says he has no problems with it even at -15 C :) ! I have feeling that it will last them many years cause i see very little wear and tear from 10-15/daily uses as far as i know their habits :) , thats why i am so shocked my cracked on its own :)..
    Cheers ! Will hit a heavy loaded vapo-bowl with abv oil and blue lotus extract.. :D
  14. vorrange

My thoughts exactly. I atributed it to the glowing period but the Lotus is just TOO HANDY!! :D

Plus, it is all convection. mnham mnham. tasty.
    Seren, SnidelyWhiplash and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  15. natural farmer

Yeap! Too handy is the right thing to say! Even vaporizers tat are "better" in certain areas are doomed when the Lotus is at hand... Pick, load, hit! Minimum maintenance… Hard to beat!
    Seren, SnidelyWhiplash and vorrange like this.
  16. fyiistay

fyiistay Member

So I just got the Lotus in the mail and I wanted to try it. I packed a bowl and think I got it vaped properly idk I took probably 2-4 good hits. I packed another probably vaped 1 hit i don't even remember lol and its going great. How much does one bowl hold? like .1? And I don't really smell anything even right after vaping is it not leaving a smell or can I just not sense it?

Oh and i LOVED the taste.

mod note: 7 posts merged with Lotus thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  17. vorrange

It's like: i'm just watching a youtube video and then i think, let's vape. i don't have anything ready, everything is packed in my drawer. 30secs pass, i'm blowing a tasty blue cloud. BAM, Lotus'ed! :D
  18. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

Glad to hear you enjoy vaping! I lose my smell briefly after vaping... only for a short time and seems strain/device independent... haven't found a way around it yet...
    Bouldorado and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  19. fyiistay

fyiistay Member

Lol I kinda do too except I can smell really strong odors, thats it.
  20. natural farmer

Glad you like it mate! It will only get better! :D You'll get more sensitive to smells with time, once your system gets rid of smoke...
    Seren, Quetzalcoatl, Jahannum and 2 others like this.
  21. samirfuzzywuzzy

samirfuzzywuzzy Well-Known Member

Glass bowl always taste better then SS in my opinion. I think many other people here will also agree.

The SS WPA also does not fit the same in every glass piece I have while the gong always fits and seals great.
  22. PPN

PPN Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm thinking to get one, the water adapter kit seems a good choice to me!

A special discount code is it avalaible for FC menber ( free shipping or some extras....)?

If there is no code perhaps it's better to me to wait a european shop will get it....
    deadheadbill, Bvapst and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  23. sherb

sherb Active Member

Just got my shipping confirmation today.

Thought I'd let everyone know about a major privacy concern I'm having. The email was sent in a batch, without the other email addresses blocked to me.

So, I now know the email of everyone whose order shipped today. I assume they can see mine as well.

I know privacy is an issue when ordering vaporizers so I thought I'd post here for you guys. I've emailed the Lotus team and will update my post when the issue has been resolved. I also invited Max to post on the issue.

EDIT: As you can see from the post below, the issue has been rectified. 13 minutes flat. Cheers to the Lotus team. Can't wait for it to arrive.
  24. Max Jitter

Max Jitter Manufacturer Manufacturer

Major screw-up. Sorry that it happened. We are taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.
  25. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Someone was hitting the lotus a little too hard lollol.
    Seren and SSVUN~YAH like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors