The Lotus Vaporizer

cjjsebastian

/begin rant

Seriously!? Why not just support the company and buy it at full price if you want it!

Frickin Massdrop...bored of reading about people waiting for Massdrop sales, when the discounts are usually minimal.

/end rant

As a college student majoring in economics it would be criminal to not try and find the best deal for me. While id love to support what Max has done my best interests remain with me.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
No, you suggested that Max could have discount codes instead of resorting to MD.

That is what i'm disputing.

As a college student majoring in economics you should know the difference between offering a discount code and what Massdrop is doing.

A permanent discount code is a price drop in disguise. A bit like the Solo retails in most stores.

@fyiistay do what NF said, and use the clock from your computer to count to 8sec. My standard hit is usually, 2sec heat without inhaling + 8sec inhaling and heating + a few seconds just inhaling.

Last edited:
vorrange,
Reactions: Tom Funk

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Ok, I'm just going to jump in here and hope nobody gets their feeling hurt.

Almost every other manufacturer on FC has offered a code at one time or another. It is not unreasonable to ask for one from Lotus. Yet every time someone inquires about one people jump down their throat and say "just buy it, give the money to the mfg" - paraphrasing.

I absolutely love my Lotus. But it is a piece of wood and a couple pieces of metal. I could reverse engineer it for 15 bucks.

By giving a discount you are simply rewarding the people who will be providing free advertizing for your product both on other forums and amongst your friends.

Regardless of all this, there is no need to tell people to "just go ahead and buy it" insinuating that they are some kind of cheapskate when you have no clue about their financial situation or their other needs. We don't pay full price for our TV's, automobiles, cell phones etc. Why is it so different for a vaporizer?

Those of you that have disposable income, by all means continue to pay full price for everything you buy if you want. But get off the backs of those who are just trying to get the Lotus at a price that is affordable to them.

deadheadbill

deadhead, if i can't pay full price, either i search for an used unit or i don't buy it. I don't go around asking for discounts.

And there was a promotion a month ago on Christmas... :)

That's great dude. I just don't like bashing on others and see absolutely no harm in asking for a discount. If you never ask for one, you never get one.

Didn't know about hte Christmas promotion, I was too broke at that time anyways. :)

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
What's wrong with asking for discounts? When you can get a VG coil that basically does the same thing! This is a great vape but would I trade my LSV or EV-2, only if the electric goes out, forever! Don't get me wrong I like this vape but a vape to rule them all? Maybe if your at a campground with no electric capabilities and no converters, and that's still a maybe.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Do you buy cars at full price, just to support the mfg? Not everybody has money just to throw at a manufacturer. Chill out over everybody else's desires and you'll live a lot longer.
No but with cars we are talking thousands, not like, what $10-$20 which the mass drop sale for the Lotus might provide?

Also I am chilled (thanks to the Lotus :smug:) just seems that people are trying to get discounts on everything around these boards. The manufacturers come up with their price points for a reason. I don't think we should keep asking them to reduce those just because of excuses like being a student or whatever. How about save some more cash for an extra week and buy it at full price? I just don't get it I suppose. I was always taught to save for things I wanted, so that's what I do if I can't afford it straight away.

No, you suggested that Max could have discount codes instead of resorting to MD.

As a college student majoring in economics you should know the difference between offering a discount code and what Massdrop is doing.

A permanent discount code is a price drop in disguise. A bit like the Solo retails in most stores.
Exactly. I also think that if a third party wants to discount the product, like EZVapes or elsewhere, then that is their prerogative. They likely would have bought bulk from the manufacturers and already got a volume discount and/or trade prices. So any saving they offer may be related to the discounts they receive at the time they purchase their stock.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your Lotus when you get it, however you get it, @cjjsebastian. It is a vape that seriously changed the game for me :)

:2c: :peace:

Last edited:

deadheadbill

What you are forgetting is that EZvapes already gets them at a discount. That is how they can afford to offer them at a lower price and Lotus is still making plenty of money at that price point or they wouldn't do it.

All I am saying is Lotus gets as much advertising and promotion from this site as at Ezvapes or wherever that I don't think a discount is going to break them and it would encourage more forum members to buy/word of mouth advertize. I own my own business and word of mouth advertising is the best form.

I'm not going to pursue this anymore as I think we have all made our points. Peace mi amigos.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:) Always in for a nice discount... Here in Bulgaria, most of the people earn between 200-400 $ montly.. so why not save few days of hard labour... with a nice discount ? Or wait if you are in the USA just use your credit card ,you will get one even if you don't have money.. and discount.... So Richie Rich will never ask for discount probably.. and most of you are Richie Rich compared to our population (even when they are on the 0 $).. So yeah, more discounts plz ! I havent had a single friend that paid full amount of any vape that hadnt at least free shipping code or smth..

GSH

On a Möbius plane
What you are forgetting is that EZvapes already gets them at a discount. That is how they can afford to offer them at a lower price and Lotus is still making plenty of money at that price point or they wouldn't do it.
I did mention that in my post but...
I'm not going to pursue this anymore as I think we have all made our points. Peace mi amigos.
Agreed. Peace one and all :peace:

natural farmer

Ok, I'm just going to jump in here and hope nobody gets their feeling hurt.

Almost every other manufacturer on FC has offered a code at one time or another. It is not unreasonable to ask for one from Lotus. Yet every time someone inquires about one people jump down their throat and say "just buy it, give the money to the mfg" - paraphrasing.

I absolutely love my Lotus. But it is a piece of wood and a couple pieces of metal. I could reverse engineer it for 15 bucks.

By giving a discount you are simply rewarding the people who will be providing free advertizing for your product both on other forums and amongst your friends.

Regardless of all this, there is no need to tell people to "just go ahead and buy it" insinuating that they are some kind of cheapskate when you have no clue about their financial situation or their other needs. We don't pay full price for our TV's, automobiles, cell phones etc. Why is it so different for a vaporizer?

Those of you that have disposable income, by all means continue to pay full price for everything you buy if you want. But get off the backs of those who are just trying to get the Lotus at a price that is affordable to them.

Peace and remember some of you, just because you are not here for a long time doesn't mean there are no discounts from the manufacturer from time to time… I think this one offers at least a couple of codes every year, what more you need? It's a small business and from what we have been talking about with him those past years, I believe that just those last months, with Lotus getting some well deserved publicity from this site, could he eventually expand his business a bit and got a couple of people to help out. For a product that performs better than most equally priced ones, no matter how much manufacturing costs… You think wood costs less than China plastic though? I don't see much complaints about overpriced PAX's and PNP's that are made in China for pennies… Just saying…

What's wrong with asking for discounts? When you can get a VG coil that basically does the same thing! This is a great vape but would I trade my LSV or EV-2, only if the electric goes out, forever! Don't get me wrong I like this vape but a vape to rule them all? Maybe if your at a campground with no electric capabilities and no converters, and that's still a maybe.

Mate? What asking for discounts has to do with the fact that the VG coil vaporizes weed? So does a lighter and a GonG reducer… And there is no vape to rule them all, there are just some that tick more boxes than others! :peace:

natural farmer

No general consensus unless you state your preferences… You need a big rip that will bring tears to your eyes, you need small flavor hits, you stretch your load, you prefer less mess and less cleaning, it all depends and have pros and cons. Experiment a bit…

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Just like most your temp control/draw speed/type of pipe, screen, and grind all play a role in priming this puppy. When I put in a nug it won't give huge clouds first rip but that taste is great, when I crumble that up after a hit or two it produces clouds easily, but at a much greater chance of combustion than the whole nug.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I like whole nugs, the lighter is powerfull enough to bring clouds in the first hit although they are almost invisible i find more taste is present this way, then i roll the nug, hit it again.
Then i poke it and onward from there until full extraction.

With my water piece i tend to grind more often as the point is mainly clouds.

cjjsebastian

@fyiistay do what NF said, and use the clock from your computer to count to 8sec. My standard hit is usually, 2sec heat without inhaling + 8sec inhaling and heating + a few seconds just inhaling.
Im talking about custom codes given specifically to members of this board assuming there are enough consumers here willing to buy it. Also the risk of someone changing their mind is negated because of the free advertising since members discussing here are convincing others. Plus I was suggesting an alternate route than massdrop.

cjjsebastian,

Surf Monkey

I've been eyeing this thing for ages. Having owned many portables including the MFLB, the PAX, an original Iolite and a few others the Lotus looked like it might be a good addition. In fact, it looks like it may trump all the others based on the comments in this thread, which I've been following since the outset long ago.

I ordered one today. Can't wait to join the fun!

Bouldorado

Be prepared for a long shipping wait from DX... they do have great prices though if you are not in a hurry. I've ordered several of my torch lighters from them. I did notice one of my DX honest lighters had a pretty big crack in it not long after buying it, not sure if I dropped it, or if maybe some ISO got on there by accident, but that lighter is no longer in use. Speaking of lighters shipping, I should be getting another one of these in the mail today.

You weren't kidding about slow shipping. I got my lighters today- ordered on Jan 13, or 23 days ago. It's also strange the package has an air mail sticker. I guess the long wait was just due to customs...

Bouldorado,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom