The Lotus Vaporizer

vapatizon

What gives? I bought the kit and expected the new model/correct WPA. Now I find the right WPA wont be available for three weeks. I jumped on this cause of the discount you offered. I didnt expect to get half a product with pieces that almost fit.

I can't comment on the play between the parts (didn't see it in the video), but this was posted less than two weeks ago, not far above the coupon announcement:

New WPA's are scheduled to arrive within 2 weeks. They will have the same bowl size as the new model of the Lotus. I'm learning that introduction of improvements and new models is lumpy.

vapatizon,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hello,

Two questions/ comments:

I just received an order did I get the new model, I ask only because of question 2?

Did I get the best/correct WPA available for this product? Or a WPA that almost kind-of maybe fits the new but was REALLY designed for the OLD Lotus Version. There is a a little play and I'm pretty bummed its not more fit.

What gives? I bought the kit and expected the new model/correct WPA. Now I find the right WPA wont be available for three weeks. I jumped on this cause of the discount you offered. I didnt expect to get half a product with pieces that almost fit.

I'd be happy if you could allow me to exchange the incorrect part. Also please consider the missing details in the the kits description: http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/node/33 (It doesnt say anywhere in this description the kits are sold with old WPAs)

Here is a video, some effort with the new Lotus and Old WPA ... why its sold? heh... not cool. A definite wait on any thinking about this, till correct parts are available. Hopefully Max can resolve my inadequacy :cool: I also suggested a MassDrop for you guys, hoping the good karma pays off.

You have the newest model available. The present WPA definitely works with the new vapor cap and isn't leaking air. It is the correct part for the new model of Lotus.
We are continually making improvements in the Lotus and one of those improvements will be a larger WPA. As much as I would like it to be, that model WPA is not available yet and won't be for a few weeks.
There is a description of the present WPA here: http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/node/28 but you are right, that description didn't carry over to the kit pages. How about if we send you a free herb scoop to ease your disappointment?

On another note, you made a nice video, but I'd recommend adjusting the torch flame to 1/2-5/8". That way you could get the flame closer to the hot plate and have better and easier temperature control.

David and Michael,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
So the new cap works with the old WPA, but not the old stem?
The new cap doesn't fit on the old stem or WPA. We modify the cap if someone is buying it to go with the old stem or WPA.
The WPA's that we are selling now are the original ones have been modified to fit with the new vapor cap.
I hope that makes sense.

David and Michael,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Hello Max!

There is a description of the present WPA here: http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/node/28 but you are right, that description didn't carry over to the kit pages. How about if we send you a free herb scoop to ease your disappointment?

Thanks for the reply but in my wall of Text maybe you missed the resolution I had requested?
I'd be happy if you could allow me to exchange the incorrect part. Also please consider the missing details in the the kits description: http://www.lotusvaporizer.com/node/33 (It doesnt say anywhere in this description the kits are sold with old WPAs)

So is that a "No" to exchanging my small rookie WPA bowl for the new and improved 60% larger version due out in 3 weeks? :love:

As much as I'd love the equivalent of a spoon(which I already own matching forks and knives :razz:), I would sooner like a better/deeper WPA. Was wondering why I was able to fit more in the pipe than the WPA, now it makes sense. ;)

TLDR: Really hope this isnt boiling down to me spending 20+ S/H in 3 weeks?
Seems kinda cruel especially when the kit link was outdated as you acknowledged the description did not carry over.

Just to clarify: I'm not trying to get something for free and I can send back the old WPA.

On another note, you made a nice video, but I'd recommend adjusting the torch flame to 1/2-5/8". That way you could get the flame closer to the hot plate and have better and easier temperature control.

Nice call, adjusted that and I can bring the torch much closer to the hot plate.

S1N3,

filteredhead

Thanks to Max and the rest of Lotus Vaporizer/Mendocino Therapeutics team, I have been thoroughly enjoying my Lotus unit both on the go and at home for a while now. My first few hits were so tasty and effective, i was hooked right away.

After a few careful and thankfully successful sessions, i tried to get a feel for how easy it would be to combust or at least get a foul taste from too much heat. I tried increasing flame size and/or holding flame closer to cap, well still never combusted yet but did get some pretty dark abv and not so pleasant flavor. At that point i was set and had found that with very little practice this vape could quickly deliver small or large wonderful tasting hits. I have been using the longer aluminum pipe stem for when leaving the house, it is drop-proof. I typically load ~.03g in the bowl and take it in a single hit or two, 2 of those loads per session and I'm good when on the go. The magnets make cap removal/herb inspection fast and easy between hits (or anytime), great aid as the visual feedback helps hone technique.

Hacked a 18mm GonG/glass water pipe adapter since the new wpa was not released yet and most of my glass pieces at home have 18mm female joints (and preferred to avoid using an extra 14/18 reducer and clip). I ended up modifying (shortening) the 14mm end of a 14male/18male glass adapter to serve as a herb chamber that fits into the Lotus vapor cap and mates with glass 18mm joints. The glass adapter i modified looked like this:
$(KGrHqF,!k8FC4G!6+M8BQyfi8Rvww~~60_57.JPG

The picture below shows the modified adapter, where the 14mm male joint was shortened (dremel cut wheel and torch fire polish) and a small steel screen fitted inside the joint to create a makeshift herb chamber/bowl:
F4mMlUS.jpg

lWVMixt.jpg

I get the tastiest flavor using the above setup, typically only at home. The J hook glass makes it easy to see the vapor and its length makes it easy to see and position the flame in the center of the Lotus vapor cap.

The below video shows 4 back-to-back hits (3 small and 1 large) from just .03g of herb loaded into chamber, all so tasty, even the last:
Sorry for the poor lighting in the video, that was a fail however trust me the abv was not that dark after all of those hits from that tiny bit of flower.

Last edited:

filteredhead

Thank you, really was just glad to have found a semi-legit use for the J hook i had laying around however it really does work quite well indeed.

Another observation to share is how the Lotus vapor cap plate does not appear to retain heat for very long so the load gets to cool down rather quickly between hits. Makes it super easy to be chill while conserving and still get light or heavy-hitting tasty hits on-demand.

Definitely getting some great mileage out of that 18mm wpa hack job, that's for sure. Here are a couple videos using the Lotus vapor cap and glass wpa mod thru a mini bubbler. Towards the end of each video I try to show the abv after cashing the bowl. The first video shows 6 hits from 0.04g of herb, using a short-duration flame-close-to-plate heat method. The second video is of a single large hit from 0.03g, using a long-duration flame-away-from-plate heat method.

filteredhead

Max your vapor cap is a clever design for sure. It seems that little torch lighter and vapor cap are doing most of the great work.

I originally tried to use a Solo bent stem/GonG as a Lotus glass pipe stem however the herb bowl end was slightly wider than the bottom opening of the Lotus vapor cap so it would not fit (wider by just 1mm or so). Since solo stems and GonGs (14mm and 18mm) are readily available on the market it would have been super easy if the solo stem bowl end would have fit in the bottom of the vapor cap. I had the J hook and 14/18 glass adapter sitting around and one thing led to another... Max, I still do wonder if the solo stem may work even better if the Lotus vapor cap's bottom opening (steel flanged cylinder) had a slightly wider diameter.

Last edited:
filteredhead,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Max your vapor cap is a clever design for sure. It seems that little torch lighter and vapor cap are doing most of the great work.

I originally tried to use a Solo bent stem as a Lotus glass pipe stem however the herb bowl end was slightly wider than the bottom opening of the Lotus vapor cap so it would not fit (wider by just 1mm or so). Since solo stems and GonGs (14mm and 18mm) are readily available on the market it would have been super easy if the solo stem bowl end would have fit in the bottom of the vapor cap. I had the J hook and 14/18 glass adapter sitting around and one thing led to another... Max, I still do wonder if the solo stem may work even better if the Lotus vapor cap's bottom opening (steel flanged cylinder) had a slightly wider diameter.
I can understand the J-hook, but even if the Arizer Solo stem fit the vapor cap, isn't it too short to be useful?
Aren't the GonGs the same thing as the WPA, except in glass? Or is that the point?
I'm pretty ignorant about glass, except that it breaks easily.

David and Michael,

filteredhead

Yes the solo stem is kinda short and I would have used it only for when on the go, and it still would not have been as ideal as the stock aluminum pipe stem from a durability standpoint because glass does break easier, and the J hook+glass wpa is too big and fragile for me to carry while out of the house.

That is my understanding as well, Solo GonG is like a Lotus wpa in that they both allow vaporizer to be connected with glass pieces that have 14mm and 18mm joints. I was really hoping that the Solo GonG would just fit the Lotus vapor cap opening and then use it as a glass wpa with the vaporcap. (note that solo stems and GonGs share the same diameter bowl end)

Wanting a wpa for home use, the solo GonG would have been a perfect glass wpa had it fit the vaporcap. I tried modifying that 14/18 glass adapter and once it was working with the vapor cap and had good results with bubbler, then tried the glass wpa with j-hook and realized that that dry combo provided even better flavor than the wet bubbler.

I find myself using the bubbler combo more often however due to the water filtration benefits although I've seen some videos where folks add a small amount of water in their j hooks for a natural perc & filtration effect, may have to try that later on as well.

Last edited:
filteredhead,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Max Jitter,

I'd love to see other people's creations.

I might be posting some by now if i could have managed to find resellers ready to order your dual-purpose kit in my name. As a matter of fact i recall trying many times at 3 different locations but still failed plain & flat; two of the owners seemed somewhat relunctant right from the begining actually, as if there's not much involved for them, into such a transaction i mean... Go figure.

The simple truth is i've asked around and couldn't buy a Lotus vaporizer through legit, local, commercial channels, etc.

At least i could say i didn't find the correct people i should have spoken to. In any case, despite 2 short trips to Montreal this summer, i'm still without a "Plan-A", euh... But maybe not for as long as i first imagined.

In the meantime i'm looking at those recent .FLV videos with envy, on loop!...

The "magic" happens in the vaporcap.

The late set of videos (refered to above) is almost provocative (!) so, please, tell me there's a simple way to acquire the new bong/pipe kit in a convenient manner - which for me shall mean i won't have to do "e-commerce" and/or pay with bank/credit cards or the like... I only wish to walk in, pay and leave with my package as when i bring back groceries twice each week. Expect some photographs if i ever managed to have my hands on the material.

:science:

Isn't there any smokeshop in the vincinity of Montreal's main commercial centers where at least 1 business owner will be willing to proceed with my purchase, in a manner that's suitable for both parties? My appologies if that's not possible, i'm hoping for the best.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Last edited:
Egzoset,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
The only brick and mortar stores that carry the Lotus are in Northern CA. Other than that it's on-line.

On another subject, the new Water Pipe Adapters are here; bright, shiny and the same size as the present Lotus pipe bowl.

Heck yeah thanks for the update and good news! Max quick question should I wait till you get the wpa (I sent friday), before ordering the new WPA? I dont want to confuse things further.

Also that J hook, hot damn. I had made a comment on the aluminum pipe, while practical for travel its a generic design and not that "interesting" aesthetically as say the Lotus cap. The J hook setup above is exactly what I envisioned that would up the class level on this vaporizer. Adding a J hook option to your kits would be a nice additional sell for a future release. But the aluminum one would still be viable since its more travelling(I would never hike/camp with a glass J hook).

For now I submit today's impulse buy for at home use: https://www.ioffer.com/i/14mm-j-hook-pipe-530904494

I'd pay more to avoid cutting down an adapter with a Dremel, using two pieces of glass instead of one, etc. Anyone know of any glass that would fit without modification?

I would also be interested to know since I dont have dremmel access anymore. And a great suggestion for the manufacturer to note, since the WPA isnt magnetic there would be a preference from users: Glass WPA over a metal one. Filteredhead if you were to open an ioffer store with that design you'd make some bank :2c:

Last edited:

Unisonruss

The only brick and mortar stores that carry the Lotus are in Northern CA. Other than that it's on-line.

On another subject, the new Water Pipe Adapters are here; bright, shiny and the same size as the present Lotus pipe bowl.

So if I order one today, it will be the new one? I just want to make sure because your online store still has the description for the older one...and no indication that it's the new model.

On the glass note, I love glass. I actually had the glass VaporGenie, but sold it due to tasting butane sometimes. I still miss it sometimes, just because of the glass, and how much vapor it produced.

This piece here looks great for the lotus cap: it is made by lotus glass (!) and fits the WPA. http://www.lotusglass.com/GonGsherlhandle.html

I just ordered it, I'll post about how it is. Won't be shipped for a couple of weeks sadly.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
probably the 'best' jhook i have used in the black leaf one from planet vape.
http://www.planetvape.ca/glass-black-leaf-j-tube.html

Andy from Colie Glass will make you a custom one out of Schott glass for that price, with free US postage, and you can pick dimensions/offsets/etc.

The ALT ones are also actually pretty nice; the rather complicated, lipped "sipper" mouthpiece is great for really savouring flavour. They're a bit enthusiastically priced at US$34.95, though (for 18mm, for versatility).

Last edited:

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Is a triple flame pocket torch too much for the lotus?

Oh god yes, dont do it! I had this guy use one on my lotus and the amount of oxidation he caused my plate. I almost wanted to replace the heat plate.

I could see the heat plate get red hot from 5 feet away! Had to yell that it wasnt a bowl. He charred the flowers through and through till they were black. When using the lotus a single flame is great since you have greater control on how fast the cap heats up. Three butane jets is like the fires of hell, in under 2 seconds. :evil:

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Okay, so my brand new Lotus just arrived from Vaporstore.com (after the longest First Class International shipping I've ever experienced), and I think they've sent me the old model (no stir stick, and the WPA and aluminium stem bowls seem to be the same size). How do I tell for certain?

How long has the new revision been around again? It's been at least several months, hasn't it? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any old ones left in the retail channel, especially with so few online distributors.

Last edited:
Anonymouse,
Top Bottom