The Lotus Vaporizer

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The discount coupon "FC2" is going to end this Sunday, May 19. Order soon if you want the 15% discount.

On another note, we are thinking of offering a nicer carrying bag, probably of hemp. Any suggestions of what you would like to see in shape, style, etc?
Thanks for your input.

David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Haha was flipping through the TV and stumbled upon something similar to this on one of those storage shows. Thought it was a lotus at first.

D3x6218.jpg

Anonymouse

Sith I care
It occurs to me, if the base aluminium tube you inhale through had a circular cross section ALL the way to the edge of the wood rim (instead of blending into a rectangular cross section mid-way there), and the right angle of taper (possibly only on a certain length of the shaft), it could be its OWN water pipe adaptor, at least for most 14mm or 18mm female joints.

If there is enough room for the extra pipe that would hang below the socket, the pipe could adapt itself to any round socket with the right taper. You could increase compatibility by tweaking the shape a little, but it'd retain most of the visual "vibe" of the current product, just add an extra feature.

Anonymouse,

OF

It occurs to me, if the base aluminium tube you inhale through had a circular cross section ALL the way to the edge of the wood rim (instead of blending into a rectangular cross section mid-way there), and the right angle of taper (possibly only on a certain length of the shaft), it could be its OWN water pipe adaptor, at least for most 14mm or 18mm female joints.

You have to be extremely careful here. "Glass on Metal" is not usually successful. Metal expands much faster, so it would tighten up when it cooled down (metal gets smaller first) then the metal would shatter the glass on the next cycle. To make sure it will, the glass surface is ground so the metal can't slip past. Identical glass, well matched plastic or a seal changes that, but otherwise caution is advised.

When you need to, "Glass to metal seals" are usually used, a special part with geometry to deal with this. These don't come apart, of course, that would have to happen somewhere else (typically with bolts or clamps).

OF

Anonymouse

Sith I care
You have to be extremely careful here. "Glass on Metal" is not usually successful. Metal expands much faster, so it would tighten up when it cooled down (metal gets smaller first) then the metal would shatter the glass on the next cycle. To make sure it will, the glass surface is ground so the metal can't slip past. Identical glass, well matched plastic or a seal changes that, but otherwise caution is advised.

When you need to, "Glass to metal seals" are usually used, a special part with geometry to deal with this. These don't come apart, of course, that would have to happen somewhere else (typically with bolts or clamps).

OF

The existing water pipe adaptor they offer is already metal, it's just that it's an extra that must be bought separately. The suggested change just includes it in the base design, saves additional cost, and moves it further from the heat source (so should somewhat reduce the risk of cracking, which I don't think is that high anyway as is - Has anyone broken any glass using their Lotus water pipe adaptor?).

You could just add a couple of grooves for a pair of optional o-rings to slip on, I guess. It'd add wobble but remove fears of expansion-related issues completely.

Anonymouse,
Reactions: OF

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Has anyone broken any glass using their Lotus water pipe adaptor?).
We haven't had any reports of glass joints breaking using the water pipe adapter. It's a pretty heavy chunk of metal, 1 oz, and doesn't get very hot (or expand much) in use.

David and Michael,
Reactions: 421

vapatizon

Just got my Lotus last week, and it's everything I wanted. I was getting huge clouds of vapor by my 5th try. Tastes great, zero combustion. The only catches were that 1) my stir stick already came unglued and fell out and 2) if the torch lighter flame is too short, it's hard to get any vapor (easy fix once I figured it out).

Ace.357

I purchased a Lotus back in April to use when I'm on-the-go. It's the first butane torch powered vape I've owned. And it may not be a stealthy portable (if discretion is a concern). But, it has a relatively small learning curve and definitely gets the job done. The taste is a absolutely amazing! I'm really diggin' it and plan to keep this in my starting line-up for awhile. Although I purchased the kit that included a water adapter, I find myself enjoying it much more without water filtration. The taste is that good. If you're looking for a portable that's hard-hitting, efficient, durable, and reliable (in moments when you don't have access to a power plug to charge your unit), the Lotus is for you. She's a beauty too. I have the turquoise color and always get complements on now lovely it looks.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Ace.357,

At least using a torch might turn out to be an advantage when compared to candle/yellow flame solutions...

:peace:

Egzoset,

OF

If you're looking for a portable that's hard-hitting, efficient, durable, and reliable (in moments when you don't have access to a power plug to charge your unit), the Lotus is for you.

An excellent point, I think. I firmly believe a guy should have more than one vape, if for no other reason than the 'caught without power for a while' reason you cite. It also gives you 'redundancy on mission critical gear', that is if your main vape has to go to the shop or breaks a key piece (glass?) that needs replacement, it's a great bit of insurance against blazing fall back. It's also nice to have something different to use from time to time.

IMO lighter powered vapes are a great call here. I keep my Lotus in it's case with a bit of bud and a full lighter, ready to grab if needed. I also think other similar units (VGs and Vapman come to mind) can serve this function.

BTW, I recommend these little guys as a cheap but good way to heat such stuff up:
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

They're actually smaller than the photo (they just have found the smallest hands in the shop to photograph), but work very well and are cheap enough to 'leave all over' so they're handy. I've bought quite a few (given a lot away as well has stashed them about) and have yet to have one die although my main one has lost it's cap long ago and the lock no longer works on it.

The similar torch that came with mine, and the spare I got at the time, have both died long ago. These guys soldier on. They come straight from China in about two weeks, shipping included.

OF

Vapodudule

Got this vape today. I am in joy from the first hit. i extracted my litlle pinch of fresh FG grinded bud in one shot! A huge cloud with all in one extraction. Directly to dark brown state. i listenend to taste and temp of inhaling mix.

Bang bang whatcha. :science:

Simple, efficient, great design (non rotating plate stick and tinies magnets). imho, has a place in the hall of fame of vapes.

the weight of the stem is a bit important in hand but i assume you can use it as a defensive thing. May be a better machining could lighten the piece.

I took 5 1/2 stem (with is the small size) and this heavy :myday: , i cannot imagine the long one.

BlueCloud

Any chance you will make a new style cap that will fit the old stem and adapter?

BlueCloud,

vapatizon

I just got my vapor cap back after some warranty work, and I couldn't be happier with the customer service and the Lotus's functionality.

vapatizon,

Vapodudule

I cannot use edit feature so i post back to back. Plz mods! :)

afeter multiple uses with water this device is a heavy hitter, the stir it up stem is very usefull too, design very clear, and clever. abv could be very dark without combusting. i postulate (and feel) strong extraction.

i taste Abv as caramel in the end, not pop corn. pretty pretty delicious.

the stem use brings relative high temp so dryness in the mouth, but flavor!

great device! Give it a try.

Love Lotus.

Vapodudule,

Vapodudule

The standard is a 3/32 inch hex (2 1/2 mm wrench is too large, 2 mm is too small.) though we are putting screwdriver slots on the newest model. Mention it in the comment section when you order (If you order) to be sure that's what you get.

thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, i am already set with your marvelous products!!I will offer some in the future surely.

Waiting for that, could you please send me one adaptator, please contact me by MP (recent order #473).

Vapodudule,

Unisonruss

I have been using the Lotus now for about a month, and I am a really big fan. It is by far my favorite vaporizer, and I use it every time I want to medicate. I use the pipe often, it's comfortable, easy to use, and I get huge clouds. I also love the water pipe adapter, it is fantastic. I have owned many vapes, and this one tops them all. I love the idea of vapor on demand. My biggest gripe with all home units was waiting for them to heat up, and have it be plugged into the wall, or have the batteries recharged, etc. I like using a flame. The flame is dependable, it's always there as long as you have some butane laying around somewhere. My VaporGenie glass Sherlock was always my favorite, for all the reasons above. But, sometimes I could taste the butane, and it would turn my stomach.

I would like to request an update to the water pipe adapter though: I think it would be nice to have the magnets, just like with the pipe. The adapter sometimes rattles, and it would be nice to know that it's securely on there. If you update it, I will buy a whole other kit off of your site. Thank you for the awesome product!

Vapodudule

beautiffull device still..and great customer service, the support send me a mean to manoeuver the bowl. I agree also with the magnet in the 14mm glass bowl even if i largely can handle it.

the post just above describes well the behavior of this devic: total extraction.

When there is some wind outside, i have to use the "creme brulee" cheap stuff and bang!!!

Vapodudule,
Top Bottom